Does The Last Of Us have ragdoll corpses?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ae86ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 ae86ben
Member since 2002 • 65 Posts
An open question to Gamespot (or anyone else that's played the game)... Does Last Of Us have dead body physics like Max Payne 3 and other RockStar games? That is, if you shoot a body lying on the ground will it move around with some mass behind it, or do they remain static? The physics and animations look really good in the videos so I'm curious to know if the developers have included realistic corpse physics as well. Would be cool if they did.
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
I think this is standard in todays games, can't see anyone releasing a gaming with stop motion physics
ae86ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ae86ben
Not really, I'd say less than half the games out today have good dead body physics. It's a shame because it feels like there's something missing, especially if you're playing something that's supposed to be 'realism' themed. One that springs to mind is Ghost Recon Future Soldier, which came out last year and is a pretty good 3rd person shooter going for that gritty, detailed feel. The controls are great (reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 4 crossed with Call Of Duty) and the guns customisation is awesome. But when you see a dead body on the ground and pump a few shotgun shells in him ('just for good measure') nothing happens! Unlike Metal Gear Solid 4 (or Max Payne 3, or GTA 4 etc...) there is no feedback from the bullets. I really hope The Last Of Us goes that extra mile for us gamers who want the extra sandbox feel. Fingers crossed!
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
[QUOTE="ae86ben"]Not really, I'd say less than half the games out today have good dead body physics. It's a shame because it feels like there's something missing, especially if you're playing something that's supposed to be 'realism' themed. One that springs to mind is Ghost Recon Future Soldier, which came out last year and is a pretty good 3rd person shooter going for that gritty, detailed feel. The controls are great (reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 4 crossed with Call Of Duty) and the guns customisation is awesome. But when you see a dead body on the ground and pump a few shotgun shells in him ('just for good measure') nothing happens! Unlike Metal Gear Solid 4 (or Max Payne 3, or GTA 4 etc...) there is no feedback from the bullets. I really hope The Last Of Us goes that extra mile for us gamers who want the extra sandbox feel. Fingers crossed!

yeah the dead body maybe unmovable, but the dead animation will have physics engine, devs would be slaughtered on reviews otherwise.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I hope the game has ragdoll pysics

ae86ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ae86ben
Are there any videos on other sites that hint at ragdoll corpses? If yes, I will buy this game at launch. If not, I'll wait a few months.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Are there any videos on other sites that hint at ragdoll corpses? If yes, I will buy this game at launch. If not, I'll wait a few months.ae86ben
So the game is getting 10/10 from a huge amount of reviewers and you will only get it near launch if it has ragdoll corpses? Your meant to enjoy the game, shooting enemies that are already dead is something you might do a couple times but it's not something you would normally decide to not buy the game over.
ae86ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ae86ben
Strange, but yes. Just because a game is highly rated doesn't automatically mean it appeals to everyone. For example, I bought Uncharted 2, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed 3, LA Noire and various other critically acclaimed games at launch (or shortly after launch), but at the end of the day I didn't really buy into their 'world'. I sold all the above games a few weeks later on ebay. Not to take anything away from The Last Of Us, but survival horror isn't normally my kind of thing. However, if the developers have gone to great enough effort to create a detailed and immersive world (including ragdoll corpses), then I'm willing to part with AUD$79.95 and give the game a try.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Strange, but yes. Just because a game is highly rated doesn't automatically mean it appeals to everyone. For example, I bought Uncharted 2, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed 3, LA Noire and various other critically acclaimed games at launch (or shortly after launch), but at the end of the day I didn't really buy into their 'world'. I sold all the above games a few weeks later on ebay. Not to take anything away from The Last Of Us, but survival horror isn't normally my kind of thing. However, if the developers have gone to great enough effort to create a detailed and immersive world (including ragdoll corpses), then I'm willing to part with AUD$79.95 and give the game a try.ae86ben

just get the game man ok.

ae86ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ae86ben
Haha I'm considering it. But I might wait till my friend buys it first and I'll ask him about the physics. It's coming out on the 14th June in Australia.
Goldrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Goldrock
Member since 2004 • 454 Posts

Its got some rag doll effect just by watching a few vids of npcs gettin blown up by bombs.Â