Does it take forever to download game demos for you too?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

salty5674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 salty5674
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
I was just wondering because it takes me forever to download a demo.
BoobyUnger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 BoobyUnger
Member since 2004 • 1305 Posts

it only takes 5mins for 1 gig download for me. like 10 seconds for a video

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
nope must be your internet. I downloaded the MGO update in 25 minutes or so. the 1.4 gig folklore demo in about 40 minutes.
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

BoobyUnger

HAHAHAA

You must have your PS3 hooked up to fiber optic.

Demos and Videos download pretty fast for me. From looking at how they download, I would say I'm easily getting above 500KBps on Download speed. Which is very sweet. :)

Of course there is another console (not saying) that uses another service (not saying), that is faster.

Maybe because that other service costs money?

EDIT: The MGO BETA Update took me all ****ing day on last Thursday, but you can hardly blame PSN for that. It's Konami's fault. They're garbage. Their On-line is going to be laggy as hell.....kinda like playing The Darkness or Madden 2008. :D

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

BoobyUnger

Ok he has a super conection, for me it takes about 45 minutes for most demos.

flow797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 flow797
Member since 2003 • 175 Posts
yes it does take a while for me also, and it doesnt make sense cuz I have a laptop in the same room that can download a 400 mb file in like 10 minutes, but on the ps3 takes easily 45 minutes, something sucks with playstations download service, in some areas that is...I don't believe for five seconds that BobbyUnger can download a 1 gig file in 5 minutes...and everyone here will tell you that your internet sucks or your internet is slow, and no one will openely say that wirelessly downloading with the ps3 is horrifically bad
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts
Mine goes at 1mb/sec for everything on the PSN. I consider that to be fast.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
I think it takes about 25 mins for an average demo download for me.
dangerd0g24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dangerd0g24
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts
it only takes about 5-10 min for me but i guess it depends on your internet provider and your wierless connection. i use road runner (TWC).
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
On my wireless network it only takes about 15 to 20 minutes to download anything I have tried. This is on a DSL service at that (not the fastest on the market).
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
[QUOTE="BoobyUnger"]

ParadiseAwaits

HAHAHAA

Demos and Videos download pretty fast for me. From looking at how they download, I would say I'm easily getting above 500KBps on Download speed. Which is very sweet. :)

Of course there is another console (not saying) that uses another service (not saying), that is faster.

EDIT: The MGO BETA Update took me all ****ing day on last Thursday, but you can hardly blame PSN for that. It's Konami's fault. They're garbage. Their On-line is going to be laggy as hell.....kinda like playing The Darkness or Madden 2008. :D

I notice the my content DLs are fairly slow (in comparison to said other entity you refer to here), but the multiplayer works and that's all that matters to me. I can wait for the content DL, but I won't abide laggy deathmatches. The multiplayer is about the same as the paid service whose name we cannot speak for fear of trolling moderation, but that service's DLs are quicker. Not worth $50 to me.

Oh, and Ron Paul '08, baby.

Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts
I always hear people saying that it takes forever to download demos and other things on the PSN. It takes less than 5 minutes for me to download anything off the PSN.
StringGuard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StringGuard
Member since 2008 • 619 Posts
Depemds on what it is and when i am trying to download it. Sometimes it can go slow due to so many people pulling on the system. Not a real good excuse but it is the reason. That is, unless your internet connection is crap.
steve4200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 steve4200
Member since 2007 • 387 Posts

stringguard said it right...if the demo JUST came out there will be millions of people trying to dl it causing it to slow down...there no set time for my dls...all depends on wat im doing...ive got a computer and a laptop too so it depends alot on what im doing on those...if they arent doing anything with the internet and i just dl the demo (playing a online ps3 game while dling extremly slows down the dl) it will take me about 5 mins to dl...normally...ive waited upwards of 30 mins for a game though...just make sure if ur using a computer at the same time to just pause any dls u got going on the computer and it will speed it up a bit...(i think thats how it goes for me anyways)

GameFrenzyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GameFrenzyy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Omfg...im downloading fable for xbox 360 market place...its been **** 8 hours!!!! its 8% complete....wtf...my dad says we have fast **** connection but its not going anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!! if i leave the xbox 360 on for more than like 1 day it will **** overheat!!!! how do you download it!! its 3.24 GiG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
It takes me about 35-50m to download a demo the is between 800mb to gig and a half. I have verizon standard DSL service and I'm on a wireless network.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
It's just you. It takes me 30 minutes to download 1.5 gigs.
wetzel_531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wetzel_531
for some reason it also takes me forever. I took me a little over an hour to download the demo for Condemned 2. I have a wireless connection that is always fine except for downloaded demos......Any tips on how to make it faster???
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

for some reason it also takes me forever. I took me a little over an hour to download the demo for Condemned 2. I have a wireless connection that is always fine except for downloaded demos......Any tips on how to make it faster???wetzel_531

Your PS3 might be to far away from your router....my ps3 is about 15ft away from my router but my download times are pretty fast.

Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts
it does now that I'm on summer break from college. The university's connection was extremely fast.
GameFrenzyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GameFrenzyy
It's just you. It takes me 30 minutes to download 1.5 gigs.Flame_Blade88
How does it go so fast for you??? im affraid to leave me 360 on all night, and even if i do ill wake up and it will be like 20% complete....
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

it only takes about 5-10 min for me but i guess it depends on your internet provider and your wierless connection. i use road runner (TWC).dangerd0g24

I use road runner also (6mbps) but use wireless and it takes like 35 mins. to download a demo.

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts
[QUOTE="BoobyUnger"]

wooooode

same for me. videos take 1 min.. and updates like 5 mins.. with instalation.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts
Wow, all of people have fast connections. I on the otherhand hook my PS3 up wired. It takes about 3 seconds to download 1 MB of data at the fastest. So a good size demo (1 gig)would take like 50-60 minutes to download. Thats not too bad but not good compared to other pople I guess.
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts
Yea sometimes it takes me awhile .. my connection is crappy ..
Marksman2200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Marksman2200
Member since 2007 • 23037 Posts
A demo that is about a gig takes about 10 minutes for me.
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SollidSnake_

A demo that is about a gig takes about 10 minutes for me.Marksman2200

Oo. well since we are talking about gigs.. id say a gig would take an hour for me.

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
Wow, all of people have fast connections. I on the otherhand hook my PS3 up wired. It takes about 3 seconds to download 1 MB of data at the fastest. So a good size demo (1 gig)would take like 50-60 minutes to download. Thats not too bad but not good compared to other pople I guess.Zidaneski
It's about the same for me. I think that a lot of people exaggerate the download times on PSN. None of the people I know have lightning fast downloads like the people who post in these kinds of threads.
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SollidSnake_

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]Wow, all of people have fast connections. I on the otherhand hook my PS3 up wired. It takes about 3 seconds to download 1 MB of data at the fastest. So a good size demo (1 gig)would take like 50-60 minutes to download. Thats not too bad but not good compared to other pople I guess.bdhoff
It's about the same for me. I think that a lot of people exaggerate the download times on PSN. None of the people I know have lightning fast downloads like the people who post in these kinds of threads.

that is extremely wonderfully blablafully what i think. what would you expect?! x) nerdish ftw =D

TheSonOfUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheSonOfUgly
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
maybe 10 minutes if everythings running really slow
BoobyUnger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BoobyUnger
Member since 2004 • 1305 Posts
[QUOTE="BoobyUnger"]

ParadiseAwaits

yeah my download speeds go upto like 2 to 2.5 mb/s on a good day which is almost every week day and sat morning

HAHAHAA

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SollidSnake_

maybe 10 minutes if everythings running really slowTheSonOfUgly

ah yeah me too.. if my 23 pcs connected to my wireless connection are all DOWNLOADING heavily and playing counterstrike online a 2 gigs demo could take me like... what?! 10 seconds?! i guess.. i have infiniteMB connection btw. (lol at the guys that have supersonic dl time =) lov it)

mikemd4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mikemd4eva
Member since 2007 • 564 Posts
I have the fastest DSL that AT&T offers in my area and i just got online for first time tonight and downloaded the Bad Company demo and it over a hour just to download still had to install install was fast but the download was slow!!
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts
I was just wondering because it takes me forever to download a demo.salty5674
It takes awhile for me too. I have cable(15down/1.5up) service with a wired connection from a router/modem to my PS3 and it takes about 2 hours to download a 1gb demo, and it takes 8 - 10mins to download a 1gb demo on my Xbox360. I have come to the conclusion that the PS3 Network Service is free because you get whatever you get with download speeds, and the Live service is better/faster and that is why it is paid service. Not that I don't really like my PS3 as I do I really do and I have only had it for just over a week now, as it has great exclusive games that I have been wanting to play and I finally am.
TheSonOfUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheSonOfUgly
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts

[QUOTE="TheSonOfUgly"]maybe 10 minutes if everythings running really slowSollidSnake_

ah yeah me too.. if my 23 pcs connected to my wireless connection are all DOWNLOADING heavily and playing counterstrike online a 2 gigs demo could take me like... what?! 10 seconds?! i guess.. i have infiniteMB connection btw. (lol at the guys that have supersonic dl time =) lov it)

im gonna take a guess and say that was sarsasm.

But really i just got comcast and get over 30000kbps download and 3000kbps upload on my pc, and w/ a wireless broadband connection to my ps3 its pretty dam fast

supreuph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 supreuph
Member since 2007 • 654 Posts
[QUOTE="BoobyUnger"]

wooooode

Yea, the same here. I just pick a demo, start the download, and find something else to do. Play a game, watch a movie, or surf the web. It never bothers me.

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts
My connection gets the job done within 5-15 minutes but I do not have a standard connection like most home users.
MaForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MaForce
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts
forever as in what? To some people forever is 5min, others its 30. Mine usually takes a few minutes for a demo.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
No, not really. it takes 5 minutes on a demo or a game on mine..... on my g/f's took a long time to dowload bcuz her router has wirewall builtin.
MorkkiTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 6

#40 MorkkiTH
Member since 2005 • 828 Posts
I can get pretty much every demo in 5min :)
agentzero23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 agentzero23
Member since 2008 • 921 Posts
I have 20 megabit speed and I get 2 megabit download on the PSN lol
Amaranthix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Amaranthix
Member since 2006 • 202 Posts
I have about a 70% connection on my wireless, and most demos take about 45 minutes to an hour to download =(
smoothyplum26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 smoothyplum26
Member since 2006 • 71 Posts

Takes forever for demos to download on my ps3 slim. I have road runner with turbo and demos the same size on myxbox 360 slimtake about 1/50th of the time to download. I only dl demos of exlusives on ps3 that im interested in but its ridiculous how long it takes. I can watch a movie in the time it takes.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
yes it does take a while for me also, and it doesnt make sense cuz I have a laptop in the same room that can download a 400 mb file in like 10 minutes, but on the ps3 takes easily 45 minutes, something sucks with playstations download service, in some areas that is...I don't believe for five seconds that BobbyUnger can download a 1 gig file in 5 minutes...and everyone here will tell you that your internet sucks or your internet is slow, and no one will openely say that wirelessly downloading with the ps3 is horrifically badflow797
strongly agree with you, my Xbox 360 has always downloaded twice as fast as my PS3, both are using wifi something is up with the PS3's wifi capabilities