Do you want Multiplayer for Batman Arkham City?

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Guaracy-
Member since 2010 • 653 Posts

I'd really like a local co-op thing. With Catwoman, who is confirmed to be in the game. Though I'm never sure whether she's a heroine or villain. I guess villain, right? Batgirl is the hero. Maybe she could make an appearance... Oracle'd magically regenerate and be able to walk.

I also won't say no to online MP. I just really like playing with other people, and adventure games that have MP are so rare... I hate that.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
no.
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
No, Not every game needs MP, I just want them to work on the SP and this time make the boss battle's more epic.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
No no no no no. Batman AA was great just the way it was. Every game does not need MP
Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts
No. This game doesn't need MP.
meteo_ryte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 meteo_ryte
Member since 2005 • 1962 Posts

Wow, as of my vote, it was 50/50. I wanted to clarify, the OP is asking for a co-op story mode, NOT online multiplayers matches.

Co-op in story mode would be fine, i think a lot of devs gave up on that in favor of online multiplayer, outside of the story itself. May just be the nostalgia flaring up but i miss being able to play a game WITH a friend instead of AGAINST them, and actually have a progressive goal instead of just winning a single match and repeat.

evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts
it doesnt matter to me. if they add it thats great if they dont then it doesnt rly matter. as long as i still get a good a game
MisterEditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MisterEditor
Member since 2010 • 185 Posts
Well it depends on what kind of modes we're talking about. Co-op could work...I don't know about competitive though.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Having multiplayer doesn't take anything away from the campaign, even if the multiplayer is crappy. I'd like to see them give it a shot.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
No, Not every game needs MP, I just want them to work on the SP and this time make the boss battle's more epic.-Hoax-
Exactly. This game doesn't need MP at all. Agree wit the better boss fights too.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
Having multiplayer doesn't take anything away from the campaign, even if the multiplayer is crappy. I'd like to see them give it a shot. Doomtime
it does take waya if the team working on the SP has to take time away from Sp to work on MP
Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Guaracy-
[QUOTE="-Hoax-"]No, Not every game needs MP, I just want them to work on the SP and this time make the boss battle's more epic.Texas2089
Exactly. This game doesn't need MP at all. Agree wit the better boss fights too.

As proved by Uncharted 2... MP doesn't scale down a game... Only adds to the experience. So why not?
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Texas2089
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="-Hoax-"]No, Not every game needs MP, I just want them to work on the SP and this time make the boss battle's more epic.Guaracy-

As proved by Uncharted 2... MP doesn't scale down a game... Only adds to the experience. So why not?

You're comparing a TPS to an adventure game. MP works good in shooters that's why the MP was so successful. What could they do for MP that would be good in this kind of game?
VladJasonDrac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VladJasonDrac
Member since 2010 • 601 Posts

No thanks. K. Bye.

GAMERKID707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GAMERKID707
Member since 2009 • 461 Posts

yes i do wantsome co-op and multiplayer,instead of capture the flag,capture the joker,team deathmatch heros and villians like uncharted 2,or free for all with any1,though dc universe might be all this,but i voted yes,and btw uncharted 2 was the best

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

Not all games need Multiplayer. I wish more games would stop tacking on multiplayer to sell a few more copies of the game.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

All I care about in any game is the single player portion, so, no.

If they are going to add any sort of MP, it just better not take away from the SP portion of the game. If they can add it for those that want it without any takeaway from the SP portion, then go for it, I guess - if people really need it.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
I'd welcome it. only if the 2nd player is nightwing.
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

A Coop multiplayer would not work for the single player portion of the game cause it would make it look arcady but a coop multiplayer on challenge modes would be a great addition

Flatbattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Flatbattery
Member since 2009 • 463 Posts

Absolutely not, why fix something that isn't broken?

Although I wouldn't dismiss co-op challenge rooms.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

SP all the way.Screw MP..

aerial6790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 aerial6790
Member since 2008 • 1229 Posts
Co-op.Yes. Multiplayer Matches and modes.No.
btdownloads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 btdownloads
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
why not? I hope they have it in next edition
Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#24 Brawler-Dude
Member since 2008 • 1418 Posts

There is no place for multiplayer. There noe what so ever. There could be co-op but thats going to fall throw because really, who wants to be robin. Also there not enought chacters. Theres a lot of villians but then that only leaves one hero and that wouldnt make sense. Some games would be good for multiplayer, but this no. In this case let a good game be.

Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Guaracy-
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Guaracy-"][QUOTE="Texas2089"] Exactly. This game doesn't need MP at all. Agree wit the better boss fights too.

You're comparing a TPS to an adventure game. MP works good in shooters that's why the MP was so successful. What could they do for MP that would be good in this kind of game?

K. I'll use a different example: Everyone who got a chance to play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was incredibly satisfied with the MP. And AC2 is an adventure game. P.S.: Uncharted 2 is not a shooter.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Texas2089
[QUOTE="Guaracy-"][QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Guaracy-"] As proved by Uncharted 2... MP doesn't scale down a game... Only adds to the experience. So why not?

K. I'll use a different example: Everyone who got a chance to play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was incredibly satisfied with the MP. And AC2 is an adventure game. P.S.: Uncharted 2 is not a shooter.

I'm one of the people against MP in Assassin's creed too. I honestly only plan on playing the SP portion of Brotherhood. Games like this don't need MP. And who is this everyone who got a chance to play it? The beta hasn't started yet so as far as I know, know one has gotten a chance to try the MP yet. Only the SP. PS: Uncharted is a shooter. You shoot things with guns and the MP is based off of shooting things. It has elements from adventure games and platformers, but at heart its a TPS. PSS: You still never answered my question. What could they do for MP that would be good in this kind of game?
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Co-op challenge rooms is the best suggestion for MP so far I've heard... If it has to have MP I would be ok with that.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

No. I'd be happy with a little bit longer single player campaign.

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts
Co-op challenge rooms is the best suggestion for MP so far I've heard... If it has to have MP I would be ok with that.MethodManFTW
This.
Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Guaracy-
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Guaracy-"][QUOTE="Texas2089"] You're comparing a TPS to an adventure game. MP works good in shooters that's why the MP was so successful. What could they do for MP that would be good in this kind of game?

I'm one of the people against MP in Assassin's creed too. I honestly only plan on playing the SP portion of Brotherhood. Games like this don't need MP. And who is this everyone who got a chance to play it? The beta hasn't started yet so as far as I know, know one has gotten a chance to try the MP yet. Only the SP. PS: Uncharted is a shooter. You shoot things with guns and the MP is based off of shooting things. It has elements from adventure games and platformers, but at heart its a TPS. PSS: You still never answered my question. What could they do for MP that would be good in this kind of game?

They could do 2 people simultaneosly fighitng waves of bad guys, or in challenge rooms, which proved to work in a mediocre game like Dante's Inferno. By everyone, I meant every critic. When you say it doesn't "need" a multiplayer option -- of course it doesn't. Just like Modern Warfare 2, Killzone 2 and LittleBigPlanet didn't need a single-player campaign, but it was there anyway. I didn't see anyway complain about the campaign being added. If you can name me one sequel, ONE SEQUEL that had its campaign worsened by the multiplayer component, or what you believe was the multiplayer component, when it could always be some mistake made by the dev team in the campaign's structure, I'll stop arguing immediatly.
Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Guaracy-
Co-op challenge rooms is the best suggestion for MP so far I've heard... If it has to have MP I would be ok with that.MethodManFTW
I think so too. Some character progression would be nice as well. It'd just be cool if the challenge rooms were incorporated as a fully fleshed-out game mode.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

I don't see how multiplayer will make a game like Batman better.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Texas2089
[QUOTE="Guaracy-"][QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Guaracy-"] K. I'll use a different example: Everyone who got a chance to play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was incredibly satisfied with the MP. And AC2 is an adventure game. P.S.: Uncharted 2 is not a shooter.

They could do 2 people simultaneosly fighitng waves of bad guys, or in challenge rooms, which proved to work in a mediocre game like Dante's Inferno. By everyone, I meant every critic. When you say it doesn't "need" a multiplayer option -- of course it doesn't. Just like Modern Warfare 2, Killzone 2 and LittleBigPlanet didn't need a single-player campaign, but it was there anyway. I didn't see anyway complain about the campaign being added. If you can name me one sequel, ONE SEQUEL that had its campaign worsened by the multiplayer component, or what you believe was the multiplayer component, when it could always be some mistake made by the dev team in the campaign's structure, I'll stop arguing immediatly.

There aren't many sequels off the top of my head that added MP when it wasn't in the first game(s). A lot of people could argue the BioShock 2 SP suffered due to the inclusion of MP though. While I think the gameplay was refined and was much better than the first game, the story in BioShock 2 (which still decent in my opinion) didn't come close to the first game. Now whether this was a direct effect of MP or not, we'll never know, but considering the first game did just fine without MP since they completely focused on SP, it makes you wonder if the 2nd game could have been better without MP. Co-op challenge rooms would be ok I guess, but at the cost of SP I'd rather not have any MP. And at $60 a pop, they better have been damn sure they included a SP campaign to MW2, KZ2, and LBP. How many full priced online only games are successful? None. SP is needed in almost every game, whereas MP can be passed on a lot of games.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Guaracy-"] K. I'll use a different example: Everyone who got a chance to play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was incredibly satisfied with the MP. And AC2 is an adventure game. P.S.: Uncharted 2 is not a shooter.Guaracy-

Bioshock 2 and Resistance 2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts

If you can name me one sequel, ONE SEQUEL that had its campaign worsened by the multiplayer component, or what you believe was the multiplayer component, when it could always be some mistake made by the dev team in the campaign's structure, I'll stop arguing immediatly. Guaracy-

Metroid Prime: Hunters. Adding multiplayer changed it from an FPA to an FPS.

As for Batman, here's the way I see it:

• The only multiplayer that would work well is co-op.
  • Few of my friends own a PS3 (the console I would buy this on), and of those who do, none have good enough taste in games to get Arkham City (Halo, Cod, Fifa, Repeat).
  • I don't want to play co-op with a random internet person.

So no thanks, focus on the single player.

razzkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 razzkazz
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

With all of the free-roaming exploration I think Arkham works best as a solo experience.

dan_gerous87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dan_gerous87
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts

Oh my goodness gracious no. Just play DC Universe when it comes out!

bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts
Unless they did a Splinter Cell multiplayer. If someone was batman and 3 other people played as guards. That might be kind of fun.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Pass, people have given examples of games that may have been hurt by the inclusion of MP, it certainly has to take away some focus away from the other portions of the game. I wouldn't even want to see co-op, because you cant just drop in a second player in a game like this, the game has to be designed for 2 people. A game made worst by the addition of co-op, RE5, it was so forced at times. I have to pull two switches to open a door? What is this a nuclear sub, who designs a door like that? I would hate to see in this game, you have to bomb two walls simultaneously to get somewhere, when one would easily suffice. Also the Metroid style progression and the combat speed, I think would be even more unfriendly to co-op than RE was.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Please NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ultrabeatdown55
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="-Hoax-"]No, Not every game needs MP, I just want them to work on the SP and this time make the boss battle's more epic.Guaracy-

Uncharted is a action/adventure shooter... Batman is not. Completely different and it wouldn't work in this game.
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ultrabeatdown55
[QUOTE="Guaracy-"] P.S.: Uncharted 2 is not a shooter.

Lol wut? Yes it is.
edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
No, and no co-op. Batman was always at his lousiest when Robin was around. Let the man fly solo the way he does best!
Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Guaracy-
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="Guaracy-"][QUOTE="Texas2089"] I'm one of the people against MP in Assassin's creed too. I honestly only plan on playing the SP portion of Brotherhood. Games like this don't need MP. And who is this everyone who got a chance to play it? The beta hasn't started yet so as far as I know, know one has gotten a chance to try the MP yet. Only the SP. PS: Uncharted is a shooter. You shoot things with guns and the MP is based off of shooting things. It has elements from adventure games and platformers, but at heart its a TPS. PSS: You still never answered my question. What could they do for MP that would be good in this kind of game?

There aren't many sequels off the top of my head that added MP when it wasn't in the first game(s). A lot of people could argue the BioShock 2 SP suffered due to the inclusion of MP though. While I think the gameplay was refined and was much better than the first game, the story in BioShock 2 (which still decent in my opinion) didn't come close to the first game. Now whether this was a direct effect of MP or not, we'll never know, but considering the first game did just fine without MP since they completely focused on SP, it makes you wonder if the 2nd game could have been better without MP. Co-op challenge rooms would be ok I guess, but at the cost of SP I'd rather not have any MP. And at $60 a pop, they better have been damn sure they included a SP campaign to MW2, KZ2, and LBP. How many full priced online only games are successful? None. SP is needed in almost every game, whereas MP can be passed on a lot of games.

BioShock 2's story was awesome, what are you talking about? The thing is Rapture was too familiar. The setpieces were great, it was still creepy as hell (even more so, a newcomer to the series would be more creeped out in the second game than in the first one) and just as atmospheric. The game's SP only got richer, and the MP only added to the package. What I meant by not needing a SP in LBP, KZ2 and MW2 is that there's waaaaay too many players who haven't touched the single player portion in those games. Matter of fact, most MW2 players haven't even finished the campaign (there's an achievement tracking feature on Raptr which allows you to see who has the achievement for completing the final mission and who doesn't). Which is not to say the SP was bad, but it really wasn't necessary. I, for one, would still have gotten my 60 dollar value if I bought MW2 for Spec Ops and MP alone, and most critics also tend to say that. I don't see why people complain about the addition of MP. Before Uncharted 2 came out, it was the same issue. It was only when it got a 96 Metacritic score that people started saying "Yeah... The MP was ok, i guess".
Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Guaracy-

Bioshock 2 and Resistance 2.

ExoticAnimal
BioShock 2's campaign was much refined from the first game; Resistance 2's campaign suffered from the addition of multiplayer? I don't get it.
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ultrabeatdown55
[QUOTE="Guaracy-"] BioShock 2's campaign was much refined from the first game;

But the story wasn't. Thats what counts.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="Guaracy-"] BioShock 2's campaign was much refined from the first game;

The first one's story wasn't that good, tbh. The backstory was much more interesting. Anyway, no online, no coop. Batman is best when it has the dark, lonely, one-man-alone-against-all-odds feeling, where you feel everything is up to you. Batman AA was so great because you could see this take a toll on Batman's body as he went on. He just seemed so... strongwilled. Vulnerable but determined. Something. Anyway, it would ruin that atmosphere if you have coop. Not only would there be someone fighting with you, but ugh, the banter. And what the hell would online multi be? A bunch of guys trying to punch each other in the face first? No thanks.
Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Guaracy-
[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="Guaracy-"] BioShock 2's campaign was much refined from the first game;

Yes, it was.
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ultrabeatdown55
[QUOTE="Guaracy-"][QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="Guaracy-"] BioShock 2's campaign was much refined from the first game;

Yes, it was.

It was good, but nowhere near as good as the first. Thats a fact.
Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Guaracy-
[QUOTE="Guaracy-"][QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"]But the story wasn't. Thats what counts.Ultrabeatdown55
Yes, it was.

It was good, but nowhere near as good as the first. Thats a fact.

Yes.... It was.