Do you get anything for trophies?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

adv_tr00per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 adv_tr00per
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts
I'm getting a PS3 soon, and I'm just wondering if you get stuff for unlocking trophies, like how you get points for acheivements in xbox live. Even if you don't I'm still gonna go after em all :P
ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ejstrup
Member since 2005 • 2192 Posts
I'm getting a PS3 soon, and I'm just wondering if you get stuff for unlocking trophies, like how you get points for acheivements in xbox live. Even if you don't I'm still gonna go after em all :Padv_tr00per
Yeah, you get levels instead of points.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
You get pretty images.
AZN_G4M3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AZN_G4M3R
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts
respect as a hardcore gamer
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
respect as a hardcore gamerAZN_G4M3R
:lol: OMG! thats the funniest thing i've read all day...
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
You get a warm, fuzzy sensation in your mid-region.
Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
No, but soon they will give demos and stuff before everyone else to the people with the highest level/trophies and what not.
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 americahellyeah
No, but soon they will give demos and stuff before everyone else to the people with the highest level/trophies and what not.b3yondstupidity
Link???
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts
No, but soon they will give demos and stuff before everyone else to the people with the highest level/trophies and what not.b3yondstupidity
BS
rusher24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rusher24
Member since 2008 • 82 Posts
You get to stare at the loading trophies screen while it tallies up how many you got.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

[QUOTE="AZN_G4M3R"]respect as a hardcore gameramericahellyeah

it is a self-deception (the respect aspect), but intrinsically that's why trophies are made public information. i'm sure there are people who are impressed by your accumulated trophies, or at the very least jealous. it was pretty funny though because of how bluntly he sounded :lol:

tfsol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tfsol
Member since 2003 • 61 Posts
PRide
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 americahellyeah

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="AZN_G4M3R"]respect as a hardcore gamerRakuho

it is a self-deception (the respect aspect), but intrinsically that's why trophies are made public information. i'm sure there are people who are impressed by your accumulated trophies, or at the very least jealous. it was pretty funny though because of how bluntly he sounded :lol:

Yeah well i'm about as hardcore as they come gaming wise.. but i mean trophies = respect :lol: you don't get respect by playing a game all day :P i have the number of trophies i do because simply i play the games.. i don't care aboot trophies i just play for fun :P
SteeleGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SteeleGT
Member since 2003 • 138 Posts
Self gratification...unless Sony decides to do something about...
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#15 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts
u dont get anything but it would be cool if u got like 5 bucks for each level u pass
arunr2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 arunr2
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
you get demos early and trailer quicker
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"] :lol: OMG! thats the funniest thing i've read all day...americahellyeah

Yeah well i'm about as hardcore as they come gaming wise.. but i mean trophies = respect :lol: you don't get respect by playing a game all day :P i have the number of trophies i do because simply i play the games.. i don't care aboot trophies i just play for fun :P

there's no need for you to explain yourself, i agree with you 100% (hence my self-deception comment).

think of it as the last prestige in cod. does it have inherent meaning? no. but if you've made it through to the last one, usually you're the kind of person that has a desire to make his accomplishment public..., no, let me re-word that, isn't there an incentive to do the prestige mode because you want to show the public your significance (for the purposes of my argument, let's pretend this is exactly why people do presige, lol). that's a self-deception which proves nothing, nor does it define your skill nor your love for games, but it is the closest thing there is which allows a person who is in need of attention to make some of his accomplishments public. personally, i **** on presitge and piss on trophies, but i see how some people crave for something that even-so-slightly makes them recognizable. Basically, i'm with u on this one, but i also see how people find things like trophies as a means to get respect, as laughable as it is. and it is pretty ****ing laughable. oh and i don't expect you to care :P (what happened to that sig?) and i have no idea why i'm pushing the envelope on a topic we both agree with...

tim_aka_link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 tim_aka_link
Member since 2006 • 507 Posts

u dont get anything but it would be cool if u got like 5 bucks for each level u pass Jakesta7

i'm not sure if you mean 5 bucks as in real money, because that would be rediculous. they could of made it that you get 5 bucks for the playstation stor though for every level up, or something like that.

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="Rakuho"]

Rakuho

there's no need for you to explain yourself, i agree with you 100% (hence my self-deception comment).

think of it as the last prestige in cod. does it have inherent meaning? no. but if you've made it through to the last one, usually you're the kind of person that has a desire to make his accomplishment public..., no, let me re-word that, isn't there an incentive to do the prestige mode because you want to show the public your significance (for the purposes of my argument, let's pretend this is exactly why people do presige, lol). that's a self-deception which proves nothing, nor does it define your skill nor your love for games, but it is the closest thing there is which allows a person who is in need of attention to make some of his accomplishments public. personally, i **** on presitge and piss on trophies, but i see how some people crave for something that even-so-slightly makes them recognizable. Basically, i'm with u on this one, but i also see how people find things like trophies as a means to get respect, as laughable as it is. and it is pretty ****ing laughable. oh and i don't expect you to care :P (what happened to that sig?) and i have no idea why i'm pushing the envelope on a topic we both agree with...

the COD4 analogy is perfect... i can't count how many times i've come into a room full of gold crosses and then they make fun of my Prestige lvl 2, when most of them can't even hold a 1.00 K/D ratio... I've never been one to show off.. as long as i know i did it i'm satisfied.. And i got rid of the sig because well.. i care a little.. and i get that damn "HTML not well formed" error so often... :P
kyrissbp82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kyrissbp82
Member since 2006 • 391 Posts
The joy of watching the PS3 process for 1-2 minutes every time you try to compare trophies with a friend. No, no rewards except knowledge that you wasted hours of your life that you will never get back trying to find all of the hidden suitcases in level 3.
seannn199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 seannn199
Member since 2008 • 1137 Posts
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="Rakuho"]

Rakuho

or you just play a lot of cod.
SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
Supposedly if you get to level 50 you get a $1,000.00 to buy anything from a Sony store.
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
bragging rights :P
pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points