Do you feel that PS3 game versions are subpar vs PS4 games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Ever since PS4 came out, I can't make myself buy recent released PS3 games anymore. I had my eye on games like Far Cry 4, Wolfenstein: The New Order and The Evil Within. What I did was look at graphic comparison youtube videos and read comments from people ripping the PS3 version. People really rip into the PS3 version of games like Wolfenstein New Order and The Evil Within and now I don't want to buy the PS3 version. Now I feel like that getting the PS3 version would just be getting the "subpar" version and I don't like that idea especially when the PS3 and PS4 game are around the same price. I'm gonna get a PS4 soon so I feel like I have to wait to get those games. Anybody else feel that way about purchasing new released PS3 games? Do you feel like you are getting a subpar PS3 version especially after looking at graphic comparison videos?

I definitely don't see myself getting a subpar version of Mortal Kombat X. I feel like I gotta move up my PS4 purchase date up.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

Well of course the PS4 version is going to look better... if the difference in graphics matters that much to you, then yes it sounds like it's time to upgrade. But I would keep your PS3 too.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Of course PS4 is gonna have better graphics. I don't really care about graphics that much. It's not what makes the game great. A game can have great graphics but have terrible gameplay, characters, level design, etc.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Well graphically of course.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

This is your time to finally upgrade to the PlayStation 4. Since the PS4 version is going to be better than the old PS3 version. It makes sense to buy the PS4 release of current titles. This is why you should really look into upgrading now. Gamestop does have trade in offers for PS3 120GB and greater HDD. Towards getting a PS4. Plus PS4 consoles come with a least 1 game to start you off.

It has been 15 months since PS4 has launched so now is the time.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Amazon has Far Cry 4 for $29.99 for PS3 or PS4. I think the PS3 version looks great. However, I watched the youtube comparison video and I think that I will just wait and get the PS4 version in the future. Great graphics don't make for great gameplay but when comparing 2 of the same games, I think better graphic version helps improve the gameplay. I already have a huge backlog of PS3 games so I shouldn't be in a rush to get more games. I think that I will get a PS4 bundle on black friday.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Do you feel that PS3 game versions are subpar vs PS4 games?

Nope, not really, or at least, unless they were running side by side I would still find it hard to tell the difference.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I know I'm not going to touch my last gen version of GTA V after getting the PS4 version. I don't know what I'm going to do with my X360/PS3 :P

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Your 360+ps3 will still be useful for old titles if you still have any you'd like to play.