Do Sony have any ideas of their own?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SILENCEuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SILENCEuk
Member since 2003 • 360 Posts

ok first off i am no MS or nintendo fanboy thats not to say i am a sony one but this is just a thought i have had for a while

ok so my question is have any of sony's selling points on the ps3 been mostly or totaly an original idea heres a quick run down of my thoughts

6 axis: is it me or did this idea not pop up untill we heard about the wii remote

internal HDD : xbox and xbox 360 did it first

integral online service: xbox live first

trophies in home: achievements in 360

Home: looks almost the same as second life also has slight WII MII aspects

it just seems to me that its like sony see's what the competition is doing and goes "hey look we are doing that now as well"

thoughts and please dont turn this into a system war or a flame war because it shouldnt need turn into that just want to see if ppl agree or if someone can prove my thought wrong

Trx07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Trx07
Member since 2007 • 1851 Posts
i dont know if they are taking ideas or not, and it dosent realy matter to me, but you have made a realy good point, the only thing i dissagree with is the Home - 2nd life with, i thinkk Home is going to be better, and 2nd life isent of any console is it??
damedude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 damedude123
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts

ok first off i am no MS or nintendo fanboy thats not to say i am a sony one but this is just a thought i have had for a while

ok so my question is have any of sony's selling points on the ps3 been mostly or totaly an original idea heres a quick run down of my thoughts

1.6 axis: is it me or did this idea not pop up untill we heard about the wii remote

2.internal HDD : xbox and xbox 360 did it first

3.integral online service: xbox live first

4.trophies in home: achievements in 360

5.Home: looks almost the same as second life also has slight WII MII aspects

it just seems to me that its like sony see's what the competition is doing and goes "hey look we are doing that now as well"

thoughts and please dont turn this into a system war or a flame war because it shouldnt need turn into that just want to see if ppl agree or if someone can prove my thought wrong

99adgil

well heres my reply

1.sony sed they had it in the works for years, before anything was released about the wii.

2.this was obviously goin to happen as the future is downloads and live, so its common sense to have a hard drive.

3.actually the pc dun it first.

4.same as 1, they sed they were already thinkin about it.

5. second life has turned into a sex filled mess, home is more civilised.

SILENCEuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SILENCEuk
yeah i can kinda agree with that but still its the same general premis
MagMower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MagMower
Member since 2005 • 992 Posts
Sixais was reveraled a day after the Wiimote was, Not enough time to steal and develop the tech overnight. Internal HDDs are not standard on the 360. Gamespy and All seeing eye existed long before xboxlive. The other 2 I can see similarities however.
SILENCEuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SILENCEuk
[QUOTE="99adgil"]

1.6 axis: is it me or did this idea not pop up untill we heard about the wii remote

damedude123

well heres my reply

1.sony sed they had it in the works for years, before anything was released about the wii.

2.this was obviously goin to happen as the future is downloads and live, so its common sense to have a hard drive.

1 never seen evidence of this quote perhaps?

2 even so its still a copy

3 i wasnt really including pc in that as its more of an inovation in regards to the 360

4 again havnt seen this quote

5 doesnt change the fact its still a copy

thanks for the reply and if u can get quotes or some one else can back up 1 and 4 would be nice to see

SILENCEuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SILENCEuk

Sixais was reveraled a day after the Wiimote was, Not enough time to steal and develop the tech overnight. Internal HDDs are not standard on the 360. Gamespy and All seeing eye existed long before xboxlive. The other 2 I can see similarities however.MagMower

will refer u to the new post on the online thing but i can see the argument for the 6 axis if thats right i will take that one as debunked

MagMower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MagMower
Member since 2005 • 992 Posts
[QUOTE="damedude123"][QUOTE="99adgil"]

99adgil

well heres my reply

1 never seen evidence of this quote perhaps?

2 even so its still a copy

3 i wasnt really including pc in that as its more of an inovation in regards to the 360

4 again havnt seen this quote

5 doesnt change the fact its still a copy

thanks for the reply and if u can get quotes or some one else can back up 1 and 4 would be nice to see

So what, sony wasnt suppsoed to have an online service, and make the consumer miss out on all the potential? I mean seriously.
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts

6 axis: is it me or did this idea not pop up untill we heard about the wii remote

I'm sure a lot of companies were working on this at around the time it was discovered. If it was only a Nintendo thing, they would have Copyrights.

PC did it first.

Different games have been doing this forever for unlockables and such, it's not that big a step to take it online really.

Never seen or played second life, so I don't know. Im looking forward to home though.

The same could be said of the Xbox and the PS2, everything today can be traced back to some idea and be called a copy. It's almost impossible to create something completely unique today.

I see where your coming from, both sides of this could be argued. This could go all the way back to Pong, if somebody wanted to.

99adgil
casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts
I hate to tell you but the PS2 had a slot for an HDD and they had online. Xbox just made it standard to come with an HDD and they made a better online. Also the eye toy, memory card, Dual shock was in a PS2 controller way before 360 got it, and CD drive was Sony's before it was Xbox's. Also how many games were made exclusively for PS1,PS2 before Xbox came along? MS saw a way to build a console better and 1up Sony going off of what Sony had already created. MS is the one copying and riding along stealing ideas, games, and gamers away from Nintendo and Sony. You have it totally backwards! The last to enter the scene of gaming (MS Xbox) is always the biggest copier.
Jockss2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jockss2
Member since 2003 • 487 Posts

having a HD in a system isnt a copy...its evolution of systems..when sony decided to put in a HD it was because its in the best interest of their system...they arent thinking or caring whether xbox does the same..sony is the king why would they copy..they're leaders not followers...oh man you just got owned

SILENCEuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SILENCEuk

yeah alot of it could be traced back further just seems to feel like sony pipe up and say hey we do that 2 after some one else maybe that is because in the case of the 6 axis just the order they got to say things or what ever its good to see i am not weird and other ppl can see my point/ opinion

EDIT

to the 2 posts above me that is starting to sound a bit company biased please keep it on facts( not that you dont have and facts in there)

and as the poster above you 2 said this could be taken back years like u have i was more refering to teh last year or 2

casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 casey7672

having a HD in a system isnt a copy...its evolution of systems..when sony decided to put in a HD it was because its in the best interest of their system...they arent thinking or caring whether xbox does the same..sony is the king why would they copy..they're leaders not followers...oh man you just got owned

Jockss2

Sony had a HDD slot in its PS2. They improve each of their systems as they make them. Their PS3 has all of the logical upgrades for gaming these days. Many times it's been stated that gaming would be nowhere this far along without Sony bringing hardware into the gaming industry. Also look at all the great game series that have arose during the PS1, PS2 days. Where would they all be if Sony hadn't exhisted? MGS gone, Resident Evil gone, FF gone, Killzone gone, UT gone etc etc etc.

AdolChristin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 AdolChristin
Member since 2005 • 975 Posts

Whether it's a copy or not, it's still a base of competition.The game industry is just ideas taken from ideas and modifying them to become their own. If I were to create a Grand Theft Auto and change a few things - that'd just be an idea of inspiration. Hell I could make a Grand THeft Auto Winnipeg (where I'm from) and change the name and a few things and it'd be my own.

The game industry is just ideas from various points, put together and titled under their own thing. It's not a matter of which came out first, or which is a copy. It's only a copy if it has the exact same features and the exact same name to say. If it was a copy, Then companies would be after each other in court constantly and you'd never read articles about games. It'd onyl be about "company" suing "company" over "thing".

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vegetattack15
[QUOTE="Jockss2"]

casey7672

Sony had a HDD slot in its PS2. They improve each of their systems as they make them. Their PS3 has all of the logical upgrades for gaming these days. Many times it's been stated that gaming would be nowhere this far along without Sony bringing hardware into the gaming industry. Also look at all the great game series that have arose during the PS1, PS2 days. Where would they all be if Sony hadn't exhisted? MGS gone, Resident Evil gone, FF gone, Killzone gone, UT gone etc etc etc.

Metal Gear was originated on NES, so it would have continued in some form I'm sure. FF would be around no matter on what system, and UT would certainly have been fine on PC.

As far as Resident Evil, Capcom could have done that on another system. Killzone, just another shooter, the world could do with one less of those.

I'm not saying that Sony doesn't make great games, but if they were not around somebody else would be. You owe them no allegence (sp?).

I love my PS3, but I won't say Sony is responsible for all things good in video games.

casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 casey7672

yeah alot of it could be traced back further just seems to feel like sony pipe up and say hey we do that 2 after some one else maybe that is because in the case of the 6 axis just the order they got to say things or what ever its good to see i am not weird and other ppl can see my point/ opinion

EDIT

to the 2 posts above me that is starting to sound a bit company biased please keep it on facts( not that you dont have and facts in there)

and as the poster above you 2 said this could be taken back years like u have i was more refering to teh last year or 2

99adgil

PS3 gamers don't even care about the motion control. I hate it! I hate vibration too. I used to turn it off on my PS2 controller. Sony doesn't need to say anything. They have done a lot and brought a lot to the gaming table. Their PS3 is a reliable well functioning masterpiece. A real tribute to their knowledge and experience in the gaming industry and electronics industry. You can tell that the 360 is MS's first hardware built entirely by them. The first xbox was parts built from all around and then assembled by MS. Sony has done everything right with the PS3 and nothing wrong. Their setting high standards with their BR discs, high capacity HDD's, rechargable controllers, free great online, HDMI true HD 1080p. Say what you like, but Playstation is around because Nintendo screwed Sony over long ago in a business deal and they've been making good gaming consoles ever since.

SILENCEuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SILENCEuk
in a perfect world i suppose you would have something that looks lke a ps3 with all its media stuff and huge HDD with the XBL online system with all the games from the ps3 and 360 and WII then have an optional WII style remote and have the 360 one as the standard( i just prefere it the PS3 just feels nicer in the hand i think)
Jigsaw_McGraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Jigsaw_McGraw
Member since 2006 • 1231 Posts

Sony had a patent on a motion sensing controller long before the design for the Wii was introduced.

casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 casey7672
[QUOTE="casey7672"][QUOTE="Jockss2"]

vegetattack15

Metal Gear was originated on NES, so it would have continued in some form I'm sure. FF would be around no matter on what system, and UT would certainly have been fine on PC.

As far as Resident Evil, Capcom could have done that on another system. Killzone, just another shooter, the world could do with one less of those.

I'm not saying that Sony doesn't make great games, but if they were not around somebody else would be. You owe them no allegence (sp?).

I love my PS3, but I won't say Sony is responsible for all things good in video games.

And the succeess of the PS2 90+ million sold? Those gaming companies thrived off of the PS2 for game sales. Where was xbox when the CD gaming industry was be laid down with the Playstation platforms? Where would those companies be without all those software sales?

Demigodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Demigodz
Member since 2006 • 419 Posts

I hate to tell you but the PS2 had a slot for an HDD and they had online. Xbox just made it standard to come with an HDD and they made a better online. Also the eye toy, memory card, Dual shock was in a PS2 controller way before 360 got it, and CD drive was Sony's before it was Xbox's. Also how many games were made exclusively for PS1,PS2 before Xbox came along? MS saw a way to build a console better and 1up Sony going off of what Sony had already created. MS is the one copying and riding along stealing ideas, games, and gamers away from Nintendo and Sony. You have it totally backwards! The last to enter the scene of gaming (MS Xbox) is always the biggest copier.casey7672

imafreshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 imafreshman
Member since 2004 • 221 Posts
All I have to say is my 360 wont work and I have to pay for it because it wasnt the three red lights it was something else. So im loving my ps3 more now.
slikMotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 slikMotion
Member since 2003 • 2820 Posts
I have a question. What the hell is wrong with incorporating the "best of" features from your competitors into your own product. Besides, you can make a list quite long on Sony's innovation, and also strike the others on the list as copies from other tech. Isn't incorporating HDD and online service just a natural evolution of gaming? You think Sony will just leave it out, or never thought about it in the first place? They DID include a HDD slot and you were able to go online with PS2. And to me, Wii-mote so far has played very much like Eyetoy. And besides, how long do u think it takes to come out with a working prototype after Nintendo unveiled Wii-mote? This whole Sony "copied" is ridiuclous because its looked at with tunnel vision. We can all make a list of how nothing MS has done is innovative at all and totally diss the xbox for what it DID bring.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Doesn't the PS3 also require a display of some sort? Just like the 360 and Wii? Doesn't it run on electricity too? Just like those other truly innovative companies? I think it uses plastic for the case and cotrollers as well, like MS and Nintendo used for their systems.
blackIceJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 blackIceJoe
Member since 2005 • 3347 Posts

99adgil

1. From what I remember Sony had some motion control features in there PS1 games. But it never took off so not many games needed that controller. Also some old PC games used a controller for flight games but they also did not take off.

2. PC has had it first plus the PS2 came out before the Xbox and it had a spot you could put a hard-drive in but because it did not come with the PS2 it got looked over. So that was a plus for the Xbox.

3. Again the PC had integral online service first then it was Dreamcast with Dial-up.

4. I am not sure but I think some old system had things like this it was just in another way done. But I believe Xbox was the first one that would let you look at what you did when you were not playing the game.

5. As for Home and Second Life. Second Life was not even the first big online site. Just one that many people uses.

That all being said every company takes some ideas from some one and improves them to make there product better. So I for one like to see new things come out of old ideas.

junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts

im nto gonna respond to anything you said because who knows if they copied or not.

what i'm going to say is that in terms of innovation and fresh ideas, SONY has all of it. Whether it be somethign from Team Ico, Echochrome, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Infamous all of these ideas are new and are a breath to the ever so common violent bloody M rated games.

And Home isnt second life. its HabboHotel in 3D get your facts straight. Its about community and meeting others, not about living a new life, that's for losers.

Oh yea, and when ppl say PS3 is only a PS2 with better graphics, its more that the 360 is an xbox with better graphics. MS did not innovate on anything except expanding XBL.

Bluray, that's the riskiest most benefitial move by sony and it shows because MS tried to copy with HD DVD and when you combine Bluray + HDD, there is tons of room and mobility for devs to express themselves which we'll be seeing later in the future but not now.

shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts

why make original ideas when you can steal and make them better!

*hides behind a huge flame sheild from incoming 360 fanboy shrapnel*

bigredman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bigredman3000
Member since 2006 • 1935 Posts
[QUOTE="Jockss2"]

casey7672

I was thinking like that the other but yeah I Agree with you 100%. if there was no playstation , we wouldn't I repeat , we wouldn't be playing those type of games like we are playing today. not to mention half of the games I remember that was once sony exclusives are now MS exclusives , same goes for rare that once was one of nintendo franchise untill MS came along and took them away , I was not very happy when that happened but now I got over myself.
SILENCEuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SILENCEuk

see this is what i was looking for i completely fogot that the dream cast was teh first to do online in the consoles

but can we please leave the PC out of this

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
XBox, XBox 360 and Wii use DVD, total ripoff of the PS2 :roll:
Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shinedown220
Member since 2007 • 1181 Posts

Yeah cause Microsoft invented harddrives. Not to mention the Wii's motion sensing sucks(Not that the PS3's has been any good)

Blu Ray is sony's invention.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Actualy the 360 copying ideas from PlayStation..... 360 plays DVD, right? and 360 can stand verticly like the PS2, right?(the PS3 supposed to come out 3 months after the 360, but the blu-ray delayed it, right?).......also, the Wii is now can stand verticaly too just like the PS2 did, right?..... Hmmmm. now who is copying whom? ---- answer that! answer that!

SILENCEuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SILENCEuk

Actualy the 360 copying ideas from PlayStation..... 360 plays DVD, right? and 360 can stand verticly like the PS2, right?(the PS3 supposed to come out 3 months after the 360, but the blu-ray delayed it, right?).......also, the Wii is now can stand verticaly just like the PS2 did, right?..... Hmmmm. now who is copying whom?

Dogswithguns

thers no need to be a padandict fan boy in this thread please dont turn it into a flame war

gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gtawoof
Member since 2003 • 1843 Posts

You could say the same thing about everything.

You could say xbox/gamecube stole the analog stick controls from sony, or that sony stole online from dreamcast or something, I dont believe any of the 'stealing' stuff really, I think its something they have in their minds much before it comes out and other people just do it first.

Although I do think the sixaxis is pretty worthless, it feels like a gimmick, I still wanna try lair with it, but the games that have implemented it never had important uses. I dont notice the rumble so i dont really care if it comes back or not but im sure it will anyway.

josekillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 josekillz
Member since 2005 • 326 Posts
ok so i guess that the 360 copied the psp in terms of the music ,photos and videos.
guerrero8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 guerrero8
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
dude if youra sony man why in the world would u go against it. For me that is being atotal noob.
josekillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 josekillz
Member since 2005 • 326 Posts
ALSO the 1st xbox had black and white buttons and the changed them into shoulder buttons (does that mean they copied the ps2 controller)well it seems to me the 360 has taken a couple things from sony.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
[QUOTE="Dogswithguns"]

Actualy the 360 copying ideas from PlayStation..... 360 plays DVD, right? and 360 can stand verticly like the PS2, right?(the PS3 supposed to come out 3 months after the 360, but the blu-ray delayed it, right?).......also, the Wii is now can stand verticaly just like the PS2 did, right?..... Hmmmm. now who is copying whom?

99adgil

thers no need to be a padandict fan boy in this thread please dont turn it into a flame war

Sorry, butI just want to make it clear. I didnt mean to be rude...... also, the backwords compairdable was the PS2 first aswell. but now 360 and the Wii have it too. why?..... Im glad you made this thread - sorry, but Im not being rude. COOL?
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 vegetattack15
[QUOTE="vegetattack15"][QUOTE="casey7672"][QUOTE="Jockss2"]

casey7672

And the succeess of the PS2 90+ million sold? Those gaming companies thrived off of the PS2 for game sales. Where was xbox when the CD gaming industry was be laid down with the Playstation platforms? Where would those companies be without all those software sales?

Im not saying that Sony has done nothing good, on the contrary, Im quite happy with my purchase. I'm just saying that if they hadn't, somebody else would have. All those people who worked for Sony are the ones responsibe for the great games, and if Sony hadn't hired them, somebody else would have, who knows?

We're getting into Butterfly Effect type stuff now though. Sony did make all these great games, but would there have been a demand for it without Nintendo? We could go on forever like this, this is one topic that has no resolution.

fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts

Ok first off no sony did not copy...

When the ps2 launch they were already planning to add home in to it to make the online service better but they couldn't do it because the ps2 didn't have enough space and couldn't handle it.

Second about the sixaxis they were planning to add motion sensoring into the controller ever since they came out with eye toy...

So everything you say about home can't really be called copying becuase they were already planning to add that to the ps2 but instead its now on the ps3...

Sony didn't copy anything they been developing and planning to add these to the consoles for years... They always do research and tests out first for years before they release anything...

You can't expect them to announce something that they weren't finish testing or making yet because the seek perfection in everything they do and that is the truth even though sometimes their products really aren't that good...

azimiballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 azimiballer
Member since 2007 • 1107 Posts
welcome to the gaming industry.. everyone copies each other... after Littlebig planet every company is making their own version.. thats just an example
bigredman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bigredman3000
[QUOTE="99adgil"]

blackIceJoe

1. From what I remember Sony had some motion control features in there PS1 games. But it never took off so not many games needed that controller. Also some old PC games used a controller for flight games but they also did not take off.

2. PC has had it first plus the PS2 came out before the Xbox and it had a spot you could put a hard-drive in but because it did not come with the PS2 it got looked over. So that was a plus for the Xbox.

3. Again the PC had integral online service first then it was Dreamcast with Dial-up.

4. I am not sure but I think some old system had things like this it was just in another way done. But I believe Xbox was the first one that would let you look at what you did when you were not playing the game.

5. As for Home and Second Life. Second Life was not even the first big online site. Just one that many people uses.

That all being said every company takes some ideas from some one and improves them to make there product better. So I for one like to see new things come out of old ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep8DRXJpA9Q sony had it first on there console.

ps320071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ps320071
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
hmmmmmm.........................................................i belive sony came out with the idea that u can play dvds with ur ps2 and u can link systems together (the xbx came out after the ps2 so who is stealing ideas)i think the ps3 had a price drop before the xbx360.............the ps3 has blue ray the xbx has reg dvds but ms sees that blue ray is awesome so they come out with horribly failing hddvd........ps3 is more of a comp than the 360 so y wouldnt they have a hd and y the heck would they have external hd......................thats so dumb who wants to have to tote around a system and hd....
jams_shop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jams_shop
Member since 2004 • 973 Posts

99adgil

Please man go away your xbox fanboy, if you don't believe me take a look at your own profile.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/99adgil/games_table?mode=own see what I'm talking about ;)

SILENCEuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SILENCEuk
yes i had a 360 first and recently got my ps3 i however dont have any fanboy allegence
lawlersauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lawlersauce
Member since 2007 • 292 Posts

Here's some things that SONY has done that are completely original.

1. Dual Analog (Now M$ is copying this completely)

2. Dual shoulder buttons (M$ and Wii copied)

3. DVD as game format (M$ and Wii copied)

4. Blu-Ray being first HD format for GAMES (None to copy, YET)

5. Include HD standard (M$ has an HD add-on, but it is only that, and add-on)

6. XMB (a pretty simple menu system that will probably be made use of in other consoles/products)

7. Can load seperate OS onto system. (This was also seen in earlier generations of PS1, too)

Vojkan80001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#46 Vojkan80001
Member since 2005 • 3621 Posts

99adgil

So we are supposed to believe that you are not a FANboy of any system but you have HALO something as your avatar? Yeah wright!

Answer on your question(s) is this. Microsoft is a copy cat of PlayStation and so is every other console maker. When no one believed in CD format as a tool for games, Sony pushed it, same with DVD (Microsoft copied here(Sega didnt and they failed, neither did Gamecube but hey they are nintendo)), same is with Blue Ray.

Also Microsoft controler is just a lame version of PS2 controler with analog sticks placed on different position.

This is enough.

FatCat360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FatCat360
Member since 2006 • 414 Posts
Achievements arent trophies there stupid points. They dont even add any replay I wont waste my time getting some stupid achievement but I rather have a cool trophie to show all my homies on Home. Xbox 360 wasnt first PS2 had a hard drive before. It didnt come with it but it was internal. They have had motion on arcades way before the wii mote was ever announced. Also the Gameboy Color had motion dectecters on it before Kirby pinball.There are Home like things that have been in Korea before Second Life. Last of all SEGA came out with a type of online service before Xbox was released. 
But I dont think people steal ideas because I dont think you get the point of the stuff you put on these things are normal if a system at this time of day doesnt have these features then its not a great system. Sony has been innovative in terms of the past like a 'good' disk playing system. 
bigredman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bigredman3000

Here's some things that SONY has done that are completely original.

1. Dual Analog (Now M$ is copying this completely)

2. Dual shoulder buttons (M$ and Wii copied)

3. DVD as game format (M$ and Wii copied)

4. Blu-Ray being first HD format for GAMES (None to copy, YET)

5. Include HD standard (M$ has an HD add-on, but it is only that, and add-on)

6. XMB (a pretty simple menu system that will probably be made use of in other consoles/products)

7. Can load seperate OS onto system. (This was also seen in earlier generations of PS1, too)

lawlersauce

you forgot the HOME button sony invented it first on there PSP which was out before the wii and 360.

jams_shop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jams_shop
Member since 2004 • 973 Posts

yes i had a 360 first and recently got my ps3 i however dont have any fanboy allegence99adgil

So... if I go to the xbox, xbox 360 or Wii forum. Would I be able to find a topic like this one started by 99adgil??

**goes to the xbox forums to look for "Do Microsoft have any ideas of their own?"**

bigredman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bigredman3000
look at the controllers and scroll down http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.x-360.net/images/controller4.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.createblog.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t111246.html&h=253&w=350&sz=52&hl=en&start=19&tbnid=8C6x80r4Oy0zCM:&tbnh=87&tbnw=120&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddreamcast%2Bcontroller%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG MS rip off the DC controller.