DMC4=Not a Let down. Best dang game to start the year

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
After playing the demo i say this game is amazing who cares about graphix who cares if 360 also got from thoes backstabers at Capcom but who would want anyone to miss out on this game this game rulz all i can say is the demo rocked and that just means that the game will be 10 times better thankyou capcom you backstabing jerks for maken me another solid DMC who agrees?
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts
"best dang game 2008" is a bold statement seeing as how its only the 24th day of the year
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

downloading now... it's at 50 percent...

This better be bad-assed

WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 WMDfreeman99
Member since 2007 • 1874 Posts
downloading it now also
DaddyLongCaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaddyLongCaddy
Member since 2007 • 844 Posts
Am I the only person not impressed with the demo? It literally changed my mind about purchasing the game.
ENIXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ENIXMAN
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

Am I the only person not impressed with the demo? It literally changed my mind about purchasing the game. DaddyLongCaddy

I'm also not impressed and I played the Turok demo and loved it!

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CommanderTy
"best dang game 2008" is a bold statement seeing as how its only the 24th day of the yeardstryr13
For my top game list trust me it will be in there the demo lacked a lil gamplay fun but its just a demo wait till the real deal comes out
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CommanderTy
you guys gotta play the boss battle that is the best where you can pick him up with your demon arm and throw the bad guys around aw that was sweet im a big fan of DMC so maybe thats why i like it so much its gone far beyond my hype level and it was pritty high to begin with
brad5553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brad5553
Member since 2006 • 188 Posts

DMC4 looks like an amazing game after playing the demo but i wouldn't go as far as to say that its the best game of 08 its just the begining of the year

PSN:jamsk8er

knowledge83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 knowledge83
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts
Downloading as well... turok sucked!!!!
WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WMDfreeman99
Member since 2007 • 1874 Posts
27% now
elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
The demo is waaaay too cool, I just want a couple more minutes on exterminator mode..
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

you guys gotta play the boss battle that is the best where you can pick him up with your demon arm and throw the bad guys around aw that was sweet im a big fan of DMC so maybe thats why i like it so much its gone far beyond my hype level and it was pritty high to begin withCommanderTy

lol I guess you really like it!

I said it was very good when you asked. I laughed when I had downloaded the DMC4 demo off the Japanese store, then downloaded the Club demo off the Europe store - then those were the exact demo's in the North American store!

You should try the club, I thought it was kinda fun - they should have included an online component to the demo not splitscreen.

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CommanderTy
Downloading as well... turok sucked!!!!knowledge83
indeed turok does suck but DMC4 demo is pritty awsome
--MAV3R1CK--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#15 --MAV3R1CK--
Member since 2006 • 9346 Posts
I'm downloading it as soon as possbile and I can't wait for it honestly. I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition of DMC 4 today and right now i'll see if its worth it.
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

[QUOTE="knowledge83"]Downloading as well... turok sucked!!!!CommanderTy
indeed turok does suck but DMC4 demo is pritty awsome

I liked Turok...lol

I'll go sit in the corner now...

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CommanderTy

[QUOTE="CommanderTy"]you guys gotta play the boss battle that is the best where you can pick him up with your demon arm and throw the bad guys around aw that was sweet im a big fan of DMC so maybe thats why i like it so much its gone far beyond my hype level and it was pritty high to begin withLtColJaxson

lol I guess you really like it!

I said it was very good when you asked. I laughed when I had downloaded the DMC4 demo off the Japanese store, then downloaded the Club demo off the Europe store - then those were the exact demo's in the North American store!

You should try the club, I thought it was kinda fun - they should have included an online component to the demo not splitscreen.

Yeah im a big DMC fan thats why i was all askn you all the questions no doubt this game will totally rock when it comes out ima buy it regardless of scores
OatmealKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OatmealKing
Member since 2006 • 163 Posts
wow man i really couldnt have said it any better then that.....but i will say capcom is a backstabber b/c if they dint decide to waste there time making the 360 version then they could of focused all there brains on making the PS3 version better.... gotta remember...we have BLU RAY...50gb of capacity...i tell u now that this game will probobly take about 10 gb....guess y....360 can only handle 10gb disks...thx capcom...hope the game is good anyways...
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CommanderTy
wow man i really couldnt have said it any better then that.....but i will say capcom is a backstabber b/c if they dint decide to waste there time making the 360 version then they could of focused all there brains on making the PS3 version better.... gotta remember...we have BLU RAY...50gb of capacity...i tell u now that this game will probobly take about 10 gb....guess y....360 can only handle 10gb disks...thx capcom...hope the game is good anyways...OatmealKing
all i got to say is whats up with your font? lol but yeah da backstabers were right to go multiplat because every jerk that bashes my DMC can really get a feel for it why? its on both major consoles so all i can say is Capcom you ******* and thanks for maken me another DMC game
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
Dislike the control scheme, not gonna get this, I'd rather play Heavenly Sword again.
bluewrxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 bluewrxman
Member since 2004 • 1799 Posts
after playing the demo i KNOW that i will go and buy this game when it comes out.....i dont care what the reviews are, im a big fan of dmc and the demo was very nice...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
The Camera system is a letdown
rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
Its just another game...Nothing special....
MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts

The demo was fun, but from reading the early reviews of the game, I'm still a little worried and probably gonna wait on the purchase.

The main flaw most reviews are giving is that the game plays through with Nero then you play the same game in reverse order, bosses and all pretty much, as Dante. This sounds like a pretty serious flaw considering DMC has always been about repetitive gameplay, in a fun way, but doing the same stuff over as a different character sounds more like it should be an unlockable feature, not a part of the game at base.

I'm not saying I'm making a judgement call right now, or that I won't get the game. I'm just saying the demo would not show any sign of the main problem most reviews are giving. I will wait a while before making my decision on whether to buy the game or not, since it wasn't on my top 10 of 2008 in the first place.

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CommanderTy
Playing as Nero Was fun but i hope to hell he sure doesnt over shadow Dante Thats the whole reason why i love the games cuz Dante kicks so much A if Nero gets all the spotlight ehh so what the game wont be as good as i had hoped but at least we get to switch it up with Dante im glad we can do that i would hate to play Nero through the whole game but it kinda looks that way Nero is more the star of this game then Dante is which kinda sucks
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
Meh, just played the demo and it's just more dmc. I liked the devil bringer but I dislike that they change the controls from the last game. It doesn't feel next gen gameplay-wise. I get the same feeling when I play NGS but I also think the combat in NGS blows DMC4 outta the water. I won't be buying DMC4. I still have to try the turok demo
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14833 Posts
My PS3 is acting up again and won't let me sign in *sigh*, guess I'll try to download it tomorrow.
Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts
I got bord with the demo after 5 minutes and the boss fight was dumb imo and the time level too.
swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts

Great, more last gen gameplay with a fresh coat of shiny paint and slightly better than last gen textures, don't you all just love gimped multiplatform titles?

-waits for GTA 4

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
I'm not expecting lots from GTA4 to be honest. It will just be more of the same GTA so i'll be avoiding it. It will probably be yet another last gen game with a new coat of paint.
SnakeLMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SnakeLMR
Member since 2006 • 640 Posts
I thought the game was ok...nothing new...they just stuck with the DMC formula with nothing new except better graphics...and thats about it....gues the ill probably rent it because i think the story is pretty interesting.
VegasAceVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 VegasAceVII
Member since 2006 • 404 Posts

Am I the only person not impressed with the demo? It literally changed my mind about purchasing the game. DaddyLongCaddy

I'm with you.

VegasAceVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 VegasAceVII

I got bord with the demo after 5 minutes and the boss fight was dumb imo and the time level too.Tokyo90

The boss only hit me like 4 times and I just kept mashing Triangle while holdin R1

VegasAceVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 VegasAceVII

The Camera system is a letdownavataraang1

Yeah, it's like sometimes you can move it and other times it's a set-camera. Which is it!? LOL!

jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
i say Burnout is the best way to start the new year but DMC4 demo is awesome and has left me awanting more! i like the devil arm
Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 Nolan16
Member since 2006 • 4022 Posts

DMC4 might get a buy for me i duno demo gets a 8/10 it's fun but it does look like the game that would get repetitive hack and slash and slash and hack over n over. and as far as GTA4 goes it's going to let alot of people down as well it's going to be a open world with new weapons new graphics new cars new missions same damn gameplay and roaming and running people over. it wont be a break threw game i'm sure of that. only game that gots me phsyced is MGS4 it always brings something amazing to the table and yeah burnout was loads of fun online is killer good. DMC will probably get 8.8/10 from me on release becuase the story looks intresting. all in all Haze looks intresting MGS4 looks intresting and alot of the rpgs look great but the games that arent geting alot of hype such as burnout are going to catch us by suprise just wait and see.

slkesm00th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 slkesm00th
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts
Biggest Dissapointment for me is the fact that i have to play as Nero. At all. **** DMC is Dante and then Vergil and Sparta after you have dominated the game... not some pansy ass. that's the let down for me. That the main story and **** doesn't follow dante. I honestly don't give a **** about this new guy. Total wasted effort as far as I'm concerned. Gimme verg and Dante and I'm good to go.
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#38 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
Its installing. Hopefully this makes me interested in the game, unlike the Turok demo which basically told me to not even think of the game ever again...
csqwared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 csqwared
Member since 2005 • 986 Posts

[QUOTE="DaddyLongCaddy"]Am I the only person not impressed with the demo? It literally changed my mind about purchasing the game. ENIXMAN

I'm also not impressed and I played the Turok demo and loved it!

lmao, are you serious? only good thing about turok was the knife :P. i like the dmc4 demo, graphics were great, and gameplay was nice. fighting could be a bit better, but the boss fights were really fun imo.
whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
i think the demo was great. I wasn't expecting them to change the formula, and why should they? its amazing. I can't wait for this game to be released.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Burnout Paradise wins GOTY so far. That game revolutionizes the racing genre, despite minor setbacks. What does DMC4 do? I like it in theory, I mean, you've got a gun, a sword, and a funky demon arm, what's not to like? Oh yeah, the extreme linearity, annoying camera/level design, and lots of "mini-zones" seperated by doors. It's alright, but I won't throw down $60+ on it. I'll save it up for Lost Odyssey, thanks I had never played a DMC game before, and I don't think I'll start now... DMC would be a fun game to play at an arcade, but not to spend that kind of money on imo.
Dr-Strangelove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dr-Strangelove
Member since 2005 • 811 Posts

I wasn't either, I thought it was mainly my not being a fan of the series though I did play the first 2 all the way through.

It seemed a lot like the first one for me, lame enemies and slash slash slash bang bang slash. The time limit gimmick I didn't enjoy either but very very few games have I peronally enjoyed it. IMO it takes away any exploration or lingering enjoyment to a game and it's levels by rushing through the content.

I just never really got attached to the characters and I'm still having trouble, but a demo wouldn't solve that anyhow most likely. I might rent it when it comes out, but in all honesty I wasn't going to buy it outright to begin with and the demo didn't change my mind at all.

Deed12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Deed12
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Dislike the control scheme, not gonna get this, I'd rather play Heavenly Sword again.BenderUnit22

Thats the control scheme for every devil may cry game o.o... so im guessing you dont like those either. But anyway, im hooked to this demo, i have always enjoyed maxing the combo meter and this is not a letdown for me, hell i got up to S rank on Berial (the demo boss battle) :D definitly guna be one of my favourites, i just hope there isnt that my extermination missions, hate being on a time limit =/
HerktheSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HerktheSnake
Member since 2006 • 385 Posts

"best dang game 2008" is a bold statement seeing as how its only the 24th day of the yeardstryr13

LOL true

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 CommanderTy
[QUOTE="BenderUnit22"]Dislike the control scheme, not gonna get this, I'd rather play Heavenly Sword again.Deed12

Thats the control scheme for every devil may cry game o.o... so im guessing you dont like those either. But anyway, im hooked to this demo, i have always enjoyed maxing the combo meter and this is not a letdown for me, hell i got up to S rank on Berial (the demo boss battle) :D definitly guna be one of my favourites, i just hope there isnt that my extermination missions, hate being on a time limit =/

im glad someone here is really happy with it unlike others
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#46 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
Cool demo. I liked it very much and 100% be getting dmc4 first day.
Avatar image for TOTAL_DEFENSE_0
TOTAL_DEFENSE_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#47 TOTAL_DEFENSE_0
Member since 2007 • 1192 Posts
lets leave it this way, i liked the DMC4 demo so much that if DMC4 was a girl i would do terrible disgusting things to her. unforgivable things. and im probably gonna be the only one to agree but yeah DMC4 is the best game of 2008. btw, im a huge DMC fan.
Dirty3rdTex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dirty3rdTex
Member since 2007 • 635 Posts
as a fan of the series,day one buy for me also.
XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

the demo was incredibly fun and I enjoyed it a lot. I think it will be AAA overall and it sure looks pretty. Plus the controls work well with this title. I know that this will be another great DMC title and a lot of fond memories were brought back with this title.

newfg311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 newfg311
Member since 2003 • 816 Posts

Great, more last gen gameplay with a fresh coat of shiny paint and slightly better than last gen textures, don't you all just love gimped multiplatform titles?

-waits for GTA 4

swordfish_64

Yes, wait for GTA 4 because it certainly won't be last gen gameplay with flashier graphics....oh wait, yes it will. It will be the exact same as the other GTA games but with better graphics, just like San Andreas was.