dmc4 or heavenly sword(ony people who play both pls)

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

ok so dl both demo's and i'm wonderin which is the better game?

i know that heavenly sword is shor and dmc4 is backtracking a lot so they both have their knock. but for everything else involving gameplay and fun factor, which do you think is better?

with my demo experiences i preffered heavenly sword, but its just a demo

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
I didn't really like either, they both had their fair share of problems. I'd go with DMC4 for it's faster, more visceral combat.
potterpipi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#3 potterpipi
Member since 2005 • 16597 Posts

HS was awesome, but it was too short. You could easily beat it in 2 days on it's hardest difficulty.

Get DMC4, it'll last longer, and it's pretty good.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

it really depends what youre looking for. dmc4 took the same formula from last gen, improved the graphics, and made a few tweaks that the press demanded (like dumbing down the difficulty, which i thought made it too easy).

heavenly sword really felt like a next gen game. the production values are second to none. the characters truly feel alive. they got andy serkis (gollum from the lotr movies) and some theater actors and filmed all of the cutscenes beowulf style. you wont find performances better than these. as for the combat, the sheer scale is gigantic. it starts with only a handful to a few dozen enemies at a time, but battles grow to hundreds and thousands. and i wont spoil anything, but the set piece for the final boss is near overwhelming.

Devil_Huntress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Devil_Huntress
Member since 2004 • 24464 Posts

DMC4 is an awesome game! I've had so much playing it. I already passed 5 of the 6 extra modes. :D

As for HS, I haven't even passed it yet, but I have played it.

meteorgun7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 meteorgun7
Member since 2003 • 25135 Posts
I have both...Heavenly Sword was fun, great production values, but it was short. Devil May Cry 4 is a lot of fun, long replayability, and I enjoy it more. I would say DMC4 is your best bet.
carneyfolk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 carneyfolk
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts
I would go HS, but then again, i love that game, beautiful and really fun. DMC is fun too, but i like HS better, even if it is short
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

and i wont spoil anything, but the set piece for the final boss is near overwhelming.

LoG-Sacrament

I thought the last boss was the best part of HS. It was definitely the most epic moment out of every game I've played this gen. Pity I found the rest of the game to be so mediocre. Though the story and performances were admittedly brilliant, I thought the combat lacked soul and resented having to spend 1/3 of the (already short) game playing as a dull sniper character.

game2win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 game2win
Member since 2007 • 114 Posts

I would suggest you to go with dmc4. I own both games and I liked HS more but it took me one day to beat it so it wasn't worth the 60$. Get dmc4 because the combat is addicting as hell and it leaves you wanting more action.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
I got both and I would personally pick Heavenly Sword over DMC4
Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
I prefered the combat system in DMC4, but i enjoyed HS more overall due to the story.
GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GoldenGlove
Member since 2002 • 4699 Posts

I normally don't post on GS often. Most of the time I just lurk, but I have beaten both games and own both games. And I cannot let people say HS >> DMC4.

If you want the better game, get DMC4. It's gameplay is better, it's a longer game, it's replay is way better. HS is an okay game. But it's not in the same class of DMC4. Even if you want to go back and play HS after you beat it to get the extra stuff throughout the game the terribly LONG loading screens will just make you not want to play it anymore.

JetMoto6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JetMoto6
Member since 2008 • 304 Posts
HS because it is original. DMC4 is the same old recipe with next gen graphics and the same dumb song playing over and over. HS is short but you will love every second of it. Now you can't say that about many games short or not.
GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GoldenGlove
DMC4 does everything HS does, and does it noticeably better.
JetMoto6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JetMoto6

I normally don't post on GS often. Most of the time I just lurk, but I have beaten both games and own both games. And I cannot let people say HS >> DMC4.

If you want the better game, get DMC4. It's gameplay is better, it's a longer game, it's replay is way better. HS is an okay game. But it's not in the same class of DMC4. Even if you want to go back and play HS after you beat it to get the extra stuff throughout the game the terribly LONG loading screens will just make you not want to play it anymore.

GoldenGlove

And how many posts do you have?

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
[QUOTE="GoldenGlove"]

JetMoto6

I know keep me wondering too..

and i pick DMC4 anytime of the day.

PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 PSfanboy101
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts
DONT GET DMC4 ITS BORING! GET HS!
GoldenGlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GoldenGlove
[QUOTE="GoldenGlove"]

JetMoto6

Look at when I signed up for this site. I haven't posted on a regualar basis in years.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
I would go HS, but then again, i love that game, beautiful and really fun. DMC is fun too, but i like HS better, even if it is shortcarneyfolk
same...
septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts

Heavenly Sword. Like everyone else has been saying, it's short, but the story and the presentation are second to none for the genre.

pobthiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pobthiti
Member since 2007 • 225 Posts
dmc4 is way better in many ways, go read the reviews
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]

and i wont spoil anything, but the set piece for the final boss is near overwhelming.

Silent-Hal

I thought the last boss was the best part of HS. It was definitely the most epic moment out of every game I've played this gen. Pity I found the rest of the game to be so mediocre. Though the story and performances were admittedly brilliant, I thought the combat lacked soul and resented having to spend 1/3 of the (already short) game playing as a dull sniper character.

thats what i was getting at with the last battle. any more chaos and it have been overwhelming. but as it was, it was epic. i thought picking off headshots and watching watercolor blood spray out was a great change of pace. as for the swordplay, ill admit that dmc4 has the edge but hs makes up in variety. i thought nero was fun to use for a while but he never got any new weapons. dante never really got any fun melee weapons (i miss the dual scimitars and electric guitar scythe from dmc3).

IntegraBella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 IntegraBella
Member since 2008 • 655 Posts
oooh damn. thats a good question. they're both pretty good. however... I would have to say DMC 4. reason for it is the graphics with DMC 4 are extremely impressive. almost mouth watering. lol
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts
getting dmc 4 its like you being on a b-ball court, and doing the same moves over & over, thats what its mainly like for dmc 4= repititive, go get heavenly sword, i rented it, and beat it in like a day, but trust me, its one of the most fun video games i have ever played.. :)
JetMoto6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JetMoto6
[QUOTE="JetMoto6"][QUOTE="GoldenGlove"]

GoldenGlove

Look at when I signed up for this site. I haven't posted on a regualar basis in years.

Yea I figured I was j/k

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
i want to tell you to try both. just rent heavenly sword as it is one of the best games of this generation but it's length is not worth the $60 price tag maybe if it was $30. for purchase i would go with dmc 4 as it is a much longer game and even has some missions to do after you beat it.
Epipsychidion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Epipsychidion
Member since 2004 • 78 Posts
I have both, and I'd have to say get DMC4. Heavenly Sword is a great game, don't get me wrong, but it's just too short. And yes, I know that DMC4 has a lot of backtracking in it, but with all the unlockables, extra modes etc it's just much better value!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
DMC4 by a small margine or however its spelled.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Heavenly Sword is EPIC simply put. First time I ever felt like I was watching a move just as much as I was playing a game. The atmosphere is so immersive, and gorgeous it sucks you in from the start. as for the combat, once mastered, it's impulsive, everything flows and feels so natural. Reviews should've been higher for it imo. Best SP experience on PS3 thus far even if it is short.

As for DMC4, tbh I hate it. It gets old fast, and the fact that you have to basically redo the whole game a little over halfway in, even though it's with a different character is a serious drag. Everything in the game feels kind of meh to me. Good news is it's fairly long. Should take 10-15 hours to beat.

alayeesquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 alayeesquire
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts
I like both but I would say DMC for fast, visceral action, Heavenly Sword for storyline.
Avatar image for cloud-squallroc
cloud-squallroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cloud-squallroc
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

DMC4 all the way because the game is not as shoort and it can be played over and over and it is still just as fun as the first time you play it

nephew62001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nephew62001
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
get both, they're both good
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Heavenly Sword is far more "next gen", it's the most technically impressive game of this gen yet, I think. Fighting literally hundreds of enemies at once is incredible and the Sixaxis is done very well- you use it to control arrows, cannonballs etc. However, it's very short, you can finish it in 6-7 hours.

As for DMC4, it's a longer game and the gameplay is deeper. It's not a huge step forward from DMC3 though, it looks better and that's the only real improvement.

I guess you should just rent HS and buy DMC4, that way you can play both.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

dmc4. it'll last you longer .

gimlifn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gimlifn
Member since 2005 • 621 Posts
It depends on which game type you like the gothic in Devil May Cry or the ancient asian culture in heavenly sword. They are both awesome games and I have played and beaten both of them and I would recommend Heavenly Sword. The cut scenes are quite funny and andy serkis as the bad guy is funny too. Also the sword play and bow play is a lot of fun its just a little too short.
Daseffects12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Daseffects12
Member since 2005 • 597 Posts
Get Uncharted better than both those games. One of the best games i ever played.
Aelriche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Aelriche
Member since 2004 • 158 Posts
DMC4 all the way. Dante is so badass
Ikaruga2023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ikaruga2023
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

If you want a story go with Heavenly sword (the way they did the voice acting and lip syncing its like watching an asian movie of epic proportions). The only problem is that the game is short, and since its short the story kinda fades away. Most of the time i cared more about the ridiculous battles (they werent bad just missing something whenyou play through it more than once). Now DMC 4 was straight up non-stop surprises and just outrageously crazy battles. You will not understand the difficulty of the game until you play Dante must die mode. No seriously, DMD is crazy but too much fun at the same time. When i finished HS i was like "Okay its over...", but when i beat DMC 4 i cried (not literally, but inside) because i got a sense of satisfaction after the amount of work i put into whoopin so much a** and then pullin off crazy combos with dante and nero. The story in DMC 4 is very very good specially if you've played the others and know who and what is going on. Also there are alot of secret things in the story that if you can put things together it will begin to make sense.

Anyways go with DMC 4 if you want action since that is what this genre is made for (pure action). Should have chose and rpg for all indepth story and characters

Avatar image for babar1983009032
babar1983009032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 babar1983009032
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts

PLAY DMC4 SOOOOOO FAST

w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
I'd give it to DMC4 just due to the fact it was longer and I thought had better combat.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

ok so dl both demo's and i'm wonderin which is the better game?

i know that heavenly sword is shor and dmc4 is backtracking a lot so they both have their knock. but for everything else involving gameplay and fun factor, which do you think is better?

with my demo experiences i preffered heavenly sword, but its just a demo

jsmoke03

I own both. I'd say go with Devil May Cry 4. The combat is deeper, it's more than twice as long, and features a ton of replayability. Heavenly Sword is the perfect rental. A fun 5 hours, but not much else.

DWCsUpAFrEaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DWCsUpAFrEaK
Member since 2004 • 192 Posts

ey are both great games and i would say that you should at least play both.. but if your only buying one.. get DMC4.. it gives you more bang for your buck.. i played the game for about 26 hours so far.. and only because i have new games to play i haven't played it.. i wanna play through it again.. and beat all the extra modes.. but because there have been so many good games being released.. i have to wait for a drought.. HS is very good too.. i loved it.. so i say you have to play both.. Rent HS..buy DMC4

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#43 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I hate Heavenly Sword. It is by far the worst game I've played for years. It might just be my least favorite game of all time. Get DMC4 instead. Get any game instead. Just don't get Heavenly Sword. It isn't even worth a rental. Have you tried Ninja Gaiden Sigma? It's better than both of them.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
DMC4 was cool, but it was extremely repetitive. Not worth the $60 IMHO. I only played the Heavenly Sword demo and that looked OK, but not amazing. But again, I only played the demo for it. Personally, I'd pass on both until the prices came down on them.
nambrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nambrose
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts
Devil May Cry!
Ownsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ownsin
Member since 2007 • 1331 Posts
Get DMC4...
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts

I've never gotten around to buying DMC4,,, but HS is a game no PS3 owner should miss out on,,, even if its a rental (like i did). If this game was 10 hrs long, it wouldve gotten 9 scores. I loved the DMC4 demo, but was so frustrated with DMC3's difficulty/backtracking and slow pace (having to replay missions just to get more orbs = molto ghey turned me off from DMC4,, I'll pick it up when i see it for $30 used

* slight spoiler * the main problem with HS, other than length, is that you dont get to play with the actual heavenly sword nearly long enough

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

it really depends what youre looking for. dmc4 took the same formula from last gen, improved the graphics, and made a few tweaks that the press demanded (like dumbing down the difficulty, which i thought made it too easy).

heavenly sword really felt like a next gen game. the production values are second to none. the characters truly feel alive. they got andy serkis (gollum from the lotr movies) and some theater actors and filmed all of the cutscenes beowulf style. you wont find performances better than these. as for the combat, the sheer scale is gigantic. it starts with only a handful to a few dozen enemies at a time, but battles grow to hundreds and thousands. and i wont spoil anything, but the set piece for the final boss is near overwhelming.

LoG-Sacrament

couldnt agree with u more

C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts
having played both, I'd have to give the slight edge to Heavenly Sword. Nariko is just too kickass.
moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 moshakirby
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts
Heavenly Sword, it's just more epic.