Disgaea 3 DLC characters

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yannick_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Yannick_18
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts

I downloaded a bunch of the news characters and I still don't know how to get them in-game...is it suppose to be some kind of secret ?!! I want to be able to use them!! If someone know ... please tell me !!!

Katzenbalger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Katzenbalger
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts

I'm not 100% sure yet (getting the game on Thursday) but I think you can only use them when you finish the game and start a New Game + (Start from the beginning with all you characters and items etc.)

I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts
Actually, you have to be in the post-game to get them. If you go back into the PS store and read the descriptions for the dlc characters, you would have seen the following: "After you enter the epilogue, go talk to the dimension guide and choose the recruiting option from the stage select screen. Once you beat the stage, you will get the new character."
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
[QUOTE="jt4mtb"]Actually, you have to be in the post-game to get them. If you go back into the PS store and read the descriptions for the dlc characters, you would have seen the following: "After you enter the epilogue, go talk to the dimension guide and choose the recruiting option from the stage select screen. Once you beat the stage, you will get the new character."

Yeah, you got to complete the game first lol
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
yes you need to finish the game first before getting them
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

lol, This is like when a bunch of people were full of RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE after they bought the Soul Calibur weapon pack, which was unlockable by beating the game.

The Soul Calibur IV boards erupted.

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jt4mtb
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

lol, This is like when a bunch of people were full of RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE after they bought the Soul Calibur weapon pack, which was unlockable by beating the game.

Not exactly. Unlike SC4, the DLC for Disgaea 3 isn't available any other way than buying it and downloading it. We're just mentioning having to beat the game first before getting to access the characters because NIS restricted it up so someone in their first playthrough couldn't just download the characters and easily blast their way through the main game (since I believe the DLC character start at like lv.100 or so).
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Scianix-Black
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

jt4mtb

Not exactly. Unlike SC4, the DLC for Disgaea 3 isn't available any other way than buying it and downloading it. We're just mentioning having to beat the game first before getting to access the characters because NIS restricted it up so someone in their first playthrough couldn't just download the characters and easily blast their way through the main game (since I believe the DLC character start at like lv.100 or so).

Ahh, ok.

Would you recommend the game to someone who likes RPGs but tried Final Fantasy Chronicles and despised it? (It was so boring and you couldn't even physically move your character around in a town or anything...)

Like, everytime I get on the PSN store, I see the shiny new characters to download, but I can't because I don't have the game, and then I start wishing. I think this is just me being drawn to the art style though, as I'm quite fond of colorful anythings.

I've seen videos of the stuff in the Disgaea series, and it looks like a blast to play, but the whole strategy RPG thing scares me.

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jt4mtb
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Ahh, ok.

Would you recommend the game to someone who likes RPGs but tried Final Fantasy Chronicles and despised it? (It was so boring and you couldn't even physically move your character around in a town or anything...)

Like, everytime I get on the PSN store, I see the shiny new characters to download, but I can't because I don't have the game, and then I start wishing. I think this is just me being drawn to the art style though, as I'm quite fond of colorful anythings.

I've seen videos of the stuff in the Disgaea series, and it looks like a blast to play, but the whole strategy RPG thing scares me.

Not sure what to tell you considering FF Chronicles is just a compilation of FFIV and Chrono Trigger... the Disgaea games are stratgegy RPGs. If you meant to say FF Tactics, then I'd ask you what did you despise about it? I personally love Disgaea for several reasons. First and foremost, the gameplay gives back to you as much as you want to put into it. Want a moderate strategy game and just beat the story? You can do just that. Want to power level characters into the level 1000+ and have them capable of doing damage in the millions? You can do that too. Secondly, the sheer humor of the games is just off-the-wall hilarious IMO. While the plot isn't going to be all that heavy or serious like most RPGs, it's light-hearted fun that's a nice change in pace. If you're still on the fence about it, let me ask this: do you have either a PSP, a DS, or something that can play PS2 games? If so, I'd suggest getting the first Disgaea game then. It's Greatest Hits, so you can nab it for just $20 and try it out; better than paying the $50 for D3 and finding out that you don't like it.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Scianix-Black
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Ahh, ok.

jt4mtb

Not sure what to tell you considering FF Chronicles is just a compilation of FFIV and Chrono Trigger... the Disgaea games are stratgegy RPGs. If you meant to say FF Tactics, then I'd ask you what did you despise about it? I personally love Disgaea for several reasons. First and foremost, the gameplay gives back to you as much as you want to put into it. Want a moderate strategy game and just beat the story? You can do just that. Want to power level characters into the level 1000+ and have them capable of doing damage in the millions? You can do that too. Secondly, the sheer humor of the games is just off-the-wall hilarious IMO. While the plot isn't going to be all that heavy or serious like most RPGs, it's light-hearted fun that's a nice change in pace. If you're still on the fence about it, let me ask this: do you have either a PSP, a DS, or something that can play PS2 games? If so, I'd suggest getting the first Disgaea game then. It's Greatest Hits, so you can nab it for just $20 and try it out; better than paying the $50 for D3 and finding out that you don't like it.

Sorry, I meant FF Tactics, lol. I bought FF: War of the Lyons (sp?) on the PSP and hated it. It just seemed like a board game with little strategic battles in between. The whole thing where there weren't actual towns to see and explore really killed that game for me.

I wonder, does Disgaea have actual walking around? Or is it just dialogue and battles like Tactics?

Either way, what you said sounds like a good idea. I might check out the PSP version, as I've heard there is one, since I don't really like playing PS2 games. It just feels weird to me.

Anyway, thanks.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Ahh, ok.

jt4mtb

lol i have to agree about the game being just super hilarious:lol:

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jt4mtb
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Sorry, I meant FF Tactics, lol. I bought FF: War of the Lyons (sp?) on the PSP and hated it. It just seemed like a board game with little strategic battles in between. The whole thing where there weren't actual towns to see and explore really killed that game for me.

I wonder, does Disgaea have actual walking around? Or is it just dialogue and battles like Tactics?

Either way, what you said sounds like a good idea. I might check out the PSP version, as I've heard there is one, since I don't really like playing PS2 games. It just feels weird to me.

Anyway, thanks.

While there technically is some walking around in the game, it's primarily just getting around the main hub area between battles. It's mostly just for going to the shops for equipment/items, the hospital for healing (side note: the hospital gives you items for healing set total amounts of HP/SP... so yes, the game is trying to reward you for getting hurt...), but also some light searching around for hidden chests that show up at the beginning of a chapter. Then there's the access to the Dark Assembly where you can create new characters, reincarnate characters into other classes with bonuses based on the number of levels stored through previous reincarnations, pass bills to unlock extra areas (passing by vote, or by force...), and a couple other things. Anyways, if you end up getting any of the games, let me know what you think or if you need any help with anything.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Scianix-Black

While there technically is some walking around in the game, it's primarily just getting around the main hub area between battles. It's mostly just for going to the shops for equipment/items, the hospital for healing (side note: the hospital gives you items for healing set total amounts of HP/SP... so yes, the game is trying to reward you for getting hurt...), but also some light searching around for hidden chests that show up at the beginning of a chapter. Then there's the access to the Dark Assembly where you can create new characters, reincarnate characters into other classes with bonuses based on the number of levels stored through previous reincarnations, pass bills to unlock extra areas (passing by vote, or by force...), and a couple other things.

Anyways, if you end up getting any of the games, let me know what you think or if you need any help with anything. jt4mtb

Alrighty, thank you, sir.

The strategy thing is fine, it's just not being able to walk around that messes the game up. I can handle little-to-no exploration, just as long as I can walk around, even if it's only going to shops and hospitals.

I just need that control.

I'm gonna look up the PSP version of Disgaea.

Thanks again.