Dirt on PS3 who is getting it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dilan120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Dilan120
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts

I might get it because i tried the demo and it looks good and i think it was better then the 360 demo

And also was the load times better on the PS3 then on the 360?

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I had a lot of fun with the Dirt demo. I'll own it at some point.
s0njas0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 s0njas0n
Member since 2002 • 1044 Posts
i thought i might like it until i played the demo. i'll stick to burnout (i know, totally different type of game)
realmarine187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 realmarine187
Member since 2007 • 513 Posts

If you go to IGN and read the review you will see that the PS3 port of this game is better then the 360 game in all ways (yet it still gets the same score? Thats for another topic). I will be on par to pick this one up on launch. Im not to keen on "cartoony" racing games (thus trading in Motorstorm a while ago). I love raceing sims and this looks to be a good one. Not that its a true sim but it at least better then Motorsorm in that department. Add to that its great list or cars and trucks, damage, and great looks and you have a game that warents my 60 bucks.

As a side note, online will suck and you still cant play 2 people with Dirt. Thats why I still have Warhawk.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
I have the 360 version and it's a really good game, but I don't see myself picking it up for PS3, even with the performance increase. This is rare game where I actually think the 360 controller is better.
Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blommen
Member since 2003 • 1337 Posts
I'm getting it!
__-Vickfan4-__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 __-Vickfan4-__
Member since 2006 • 598 Posts
Iliked the demo alot soI am proably going to get it.
Xenoww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Xenoww
Member since 2006 • 65 Posts
I liked motorstorm more and i found the dirt kinda boring but thats just my opinion.
getbent57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 getbent57
Member since 2004 • 236 Posts
forsure. Can't wait to pick it up.
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
Nah, I have too many games on my list already and I get my racing from Motorstorm for now atleast until Burnout or Gt5.
chrisjackson85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chrisjackson85
Member since 2006 • 357 Posts

its on pre-order, has been for a while :)

hopefully this month (or so) i will have DIRT, warhawk, stranglehold, fifa08 :D

GamingLegend88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GamingLegend88
Member since 2006 • 225 Posts
Demo's great. I'll be getting it with Heavenly Sword on Friday :)
Avatar image for abeautifullmind
abeautifullmind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 abeautifullmind
Member since 2005 • 179 Posts
I'm not big on off-road racing games...I'm more of an asphalt kind of guy, so no. But, the game was well done, I could definitely tell that by the demo. If I did enjoy off-road, rally-type stuff I wouldn't hesitate to get this.
shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts
if it gets higher score than motorstorm i will get this instead, i need a racer and the kill everyone on a dirt track idea seems fun to me
chrisjackson85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chrisjackson85

when is DIRT released? (UK)

because GameSeek has just sent me an email saying its been dispatched, weeeeee :)

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
I would have gotten it if I didn't already have Motorstorm. Two similar games.
uncledeath2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 uncledeath2005
Member since 2005 • 5890 Posts
I have not decided yet...
wade3024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wade3024
Member since 2006 • 163 Posts

I have the 360 version and it's a really good game, but I don't see myself picking it up for PS3, even with the performance increase. This is rare game where I actually think the 360 controller is better.Large_Soda

Why would you buy both anyway!

DanC1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 DanC1989
Member since 2004 • 50952 Posts
Nah, MotorStorm is much more fun and I've got enough on my plate with Warhawk. :P
Galen20K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Galen20K
Member since 2003 • 556 Posts

Yes I've Tried the Demo and I liked it, but I already have Enough Racing games and it doesnt really Diferentiate itself Enough from the REst of the Racing Games I own>>>>>

So NO I wont be getting it, but it is a Fun little game>>>

chrisjackson85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chrisjackson85

because GameSeek has just sent me an email saying its been dispatched, weeeeee :)

chrisjackson85

Does anybody know?

am i getting it early maybe?

GamingLegend88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GamingLegend88
Member since 2006 • 225 Posts
[QUOTE="chrisjackson85"]

chrisjackson85

Does anybody know?

It's officially out Friday :)

GDrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GDrey
Member since 2002 • 932 Posts
After playing the 360 and ps3 demo, the x360 version has more technical processing. However, i'm glad they toned down the bright bloom on the ps3 version. The ps3 isn't superior, I'll get it though. Ps3 was meant to be more powerful system..but in actual practice, it isn't. The graphics card isn't on par with x360's regradless of learning "CELL" programming.
redX5112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 redX5112
Member since 2005 • 4295 Posts
I'll buy it eventually
blind5sparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blind5sparrow
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts
No plans on getting DIRT. It's a bit cartoonish and mundane.
chrisjackson85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chrisjackson85
[QUOTE="chrisjackson85"][QUOTE="chrisjackson85"]

GamingLegend88

Does anybody know?

It's officially out Friday :)

cool, mine might arrive tomorrow :) Wednesday weeeeee

shame i have work to go to though. lol

chrisjackson85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chrisjackson85

yeeaaahhh!!!

DIRT arrived this morning, wednesday!

im sure its illegal to send it out 2 days early, but i dont care :)

the game is awesome, sooo much better than the demo!

SicBMX84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 SicBMX84
Member since 2005 • 793 Posts

I might get it some time down the road

chrisjackson85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chrisjackson85

how many other people who have the game, feel soooo nervous playing it.

its one of those rare games were every corner is tense, sometimes im scared of crashing but know i must push it to beat the track, from start > finish ... every track ive raced is soooo intense.

big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 big_boss4life
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts

i was in love with the demo :p

i m probably getting it when it drops to 20bucks hehe i m not paying full prie for a racing doesnt matter how good it is ;(

carsales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 carsales
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

If you go to IGN and read the review you will see that the PS3 port of this game is better then the 360 game in all ways (yet it still gets the same score? Thats for another topic). I will be on par to pick this one up on launch. Im not to keen on "cartoony" racing games (thus trading in Motorstorm a while ago). I love raceing sims and this looks to be a good one. Not that its a true sim but it at least better then Motorsorm in that department. Add to that its great list or cars and trucks, damage, and great looks and you have a game that warents my 60 bucks.

As a side note, online will suck and you still cant play 2 people with Dirt. Thats why I still have Warhawk.

realmarine187
the only way the game is slightly better is in the frame rate department. I've got both the demos on both systems which have the same tracks, and I don't notice much of a difference in the frame rate, but I do notice a difference in the graphics, and the 360 is better graphically.
Eclipse83Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32 Eclipse83Lives
Member since 2006 • 1490 Posts

From reading it sounds fun. For off road games, I cant wait to see what the new MX vs ATV game is like thow. But for 4 wheel arcade dirt frenzy, ill have to see. Those games if good can get addicting. Motostorm was ok? But it seemed like it was only partially done. A major refined sequel to that wold be cool to see. Plus that was full arcade fantasy racing. Dirt looks to be a tad more on the realistic side some. So im sure their two different games.

realmarine187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 realmarine187
Member since 2007 • 513 Posts
[QUOTE="realmarine187"]

carsales

the only way the game is slightly better is in the frame rate department. I've got both the demos on both systems which have the same tracks, and I don't notice much of a difference in the frame rate, but I do notice a difference in the graphics, and the 360 is better graphically.

Did you read the IGN review? No!? Well go read it and you will see some other reasons that this is a better port. Oh, And the game and the Demo are totally different from what I hear.

Theibault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Theibault
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
I'll be getting this soon.
chrisjackson85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chrisjackson85
[QUOTE="carsales"][QUOTE="realmarine187"]

realmarine187

Did you read the IGN review? No!? Well go read it and you will see some other reasons that this is a better port. Oh, And the game and the Demo are totally different from what I hear.

the ps3 demo is a good representation,

but it doesnt show the different ranges of tracks, the different looks (i use incar view) of the cars, also .. it doesnt mention in the reviews just how different EACH CAR feels, in steering and power, each is very different, some cars seem to skid more and are harder to control, while some just stick to the road.

ive only seen framerate drop 'now and then', its quite rare, but the only thing that bugs me is just how bright things are, and have that blurry look (same as the demo), but still... ive been playing the game since i got home from work, still only managed about 10% career, plus i tried some online play too, which is more intense, because you see a live-board on the screen, and my name can quickly jump from 1st > 9th then back to 6th or whatever within the space of just a few corners, but when my name does drop, i tend to push the car to its limits and end up hitting a tree :(

still, its a very fun game, my only disappointment is the blurry thing, which is for all to see in the demo.

The game is better than the demo, the cars are great and the tracks are very different, each one.

im glad i bought it for sure.

The_Gamer81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Gamer81
Member since 2007 • 357 Posts
I love all kind of racing games. no matter what they are. I am certainly a GT fan and have always been. Dirt is looking like a game I would be very interested in and willl sure be getting it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
Member since 2007 • 6696 Posts
i think motorstorm is way better, even though it only has 8 tracks