This topic is locked from further discussion.

gopre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 gopre
Member since 2003 • 210 Posts

Anyone still playing Diablo III online? Is the server still up? Reason I'm asking is I'm considering buying the game, but may pass on it if the gaming community isn't too involved w/ it. Thanks in advance!

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Of course the server is still up - it's a very active game on PC at any rate (I'll let others speak up for the PSN community on this - but my guess is it's very active as well).

MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

I play Diablo 3 on the PS4 regularly since I do not have a gaming-worthy PC.

Problem is that there are two communities and the bad one owns public games:

Legit and Modders (cheaters).

There are some good legit communities but you may need to look around a little bit.

The problem with (or was) with the modders is that they are at such a high level, there use to be a gem that shared exp and since they would be getting billions of XP in a second, you would get power-leveled ridiculously, thus ruining your entire account. I managed to avoid this ever happening to me by only playing private games with gamers who had a rep I could at least somewhat trust.

The XP-sharing gem has been modded so you cant be power-leveled unless you foolishly enter a GR150, but then you're basically asking for it.

Just do a gear check on everyone before you go in a rift to make sure they are legit, to be REALLY careful get a USB stick and backup your saves to it periodically.

If you wanna know about some of the good communities just PM me.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Still pretty active, but you need to look for good communities. I mostly solo the game anyway.

DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

Dear OP: Since you don't seem to know Blizzard very well. These servers (on every platform this game is on) will probably be up for 10 years.

...or the entire lifespan of the PS4. Which, actually might not even be close to that long.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

yes you can find tons of people to co-op with. D3 on PS4 is great