Deos Metal Gear Solid 4 deserve a 10

• 49 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
Deos Metal Gear Solid 4 deserve a 10 because everyone is rating it 10.
cifru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 cifru
Member since 2005 • 2211 Posts
Deos mio, of course.
gashead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gashead101
Member since 2005 • 1130 Posts
yes
bigburd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bigburd
Member since 2004 • 1281 Posts
only one since MGS 1 or Ocarina Of Time
ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts

only one since MGS 1 or Ocarina Of Timebigburd

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 thegame1980
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts

No. While I myself am a MGS fan the game does nothing new for the series. The graphics are good but nothing that hasn't already been done this gen, the gameplay is still as old as the first game from PSone and just because Kojima likes to go cutscene crazy dosen't mean it deserves a 10. Cutscenes are non interactive, thus should not weigh in on the actual game itself, which I think most people are putting in. Sure they are well done but again you simply watch them to progress the story. Nothing more.

I think this game deserves a 9

Avatar image for SamcottsPSWii60
SamcottsPSWii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 SamcottsPSWii60
Member since 2008 • 428 Posts
Definitely, I haven't played a game that has come close to MGS4. It's the definition of masterpiece.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts
If MGS4 doesn't deserve a 10 I don't know what does.
KingFrostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 KingFrostman
Member since 2004 • 263 Posts
Yea, the story is a bit confusing if your memory is scetchy from the previous games, but the overall experiance was a 10.
fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 fhoeiuwhdousah
Member since 2005 • 783 Posts

Hell no, okay im only at the start of chapter 3. Its more of an 8 to me. My opinion may change though. I dont like Old Snake and the a.i sucks. The game feels like its trying too hard.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
More deserving than GTA4 anyway.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
Yes, it deserves a 10.
ScorpiuS739

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ScorpiuS739
Member since 2004 • 478 Posts
It deserves an 11!!!!
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts
Yes it does. or a 9.8 or 9.9 if possible. I was not expecting the game to be this good. Every cutscene amazes me in some way or another, and the gameplay is very fun.
njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts
yes it really does i rarely give games a 10 on my rating scale, and this one truly does deserve the 10. the gameplay has been brushed up a lot and it feels so much smoother this game is the best and i mean the best game i have played ever it even beat ff7 which is truly an acomplishment in my eyes.
bigburd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bigburd

No. While I myself am a MGS fan the game does nothing new for the series. The graphics are good but nothing that hasn't already been done this gen, the gameplay is still as old as the first game from PSone and just because Kojima likes to go cutscene crazy dosen't mean it deserves a 10. Cutscenes are non interactive, thus should not weigh in on the actual game itself, which I think most people are putting in. Sure they are well done but again you simply watch them to progress the story. Nothing more.

thegame1980

the graphics put everything else this gen to shame

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
Only game to deserve a 10 in a very long time.
thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thegame1980

For those who say yes explain why?

As mentioned the gameplay is as old as the PSone and Kojima hasn't done anything new for the series since it;s conception. It feels like an old game with a visual polish nothing more. Again not taking anything from the storyline that twists, turns, bends, breaks, then twists again which makes you dizzy sometimes but the core game itself is nothing new. The A.I isn't smarter and everything in this game has been done already in MGS2.

ADbrown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ADbrown88
Member since 2008 • 169 Posts
imo no game deserves a 10, but if any game does, its MGS4. That games AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!
fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fhoeiuwhdousah
Your playing as an old man tho!?
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AgentH

As mentioned the gameplay is as old as the PSone and Kojima hasn't done anything new for the series since it;s conception. It feels like an old game with a visual polish nothing more. Again not taking anything from the storyline that twists, turns, bends, breaks, then twists again which makes you dizzy sometimes but the core game itself is nothing new. The A.I isn't smarter and everything in this game has been done already in MGS2.

thegame1980

you're kidding right?

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thegame1980
[QUOTE="thegame1980"]

bigburd

Disagree. Most environment textures are bland and there's a fair bit of unpolished graphics around edges of vechiles and items.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AgentH

Your playing as an old man tho!?fhoeiuwhdousah

dude, metal gear games are as real as they can get in some areas, you don't expect characters to age over these years? anyway, Snake has aged because of a bug in the cloning process. It's story related.

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thegame1980
[QUOTE="thegame1980"]

AgentH

you're kidding right?

No. Is it amazing that someone isn't caught up in the MGS hype? I call itl ike I see it. The gmae feels old. They did nothing to improve it or change it up. It feels like MGS2 with better graphics.

webby1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#27 webby1
Member since 2004 • 4014 Posts
The gameplay has been changed more than other MGS game in the past, hence why if you want you can play it as an action game. Just how the shooting mechanics work change the gameplay a lot. But its MGS what else do you want them to do, if they change it completely it might as well be a different game.
10/10
bigburd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bigburd
[QUOTE="bigburd"][QUOTE="thegame1980"]

thegame1980

Disagree. Most environment textures are bland and there's a fair bit of unpolished graphics around edges of vechiles and items.

Disagree? there is nothing to disagree about, its fact. You must be playing it on an SDTV or something, because nothing i have ever played has even come close to the realism provided by this games graphics.

fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fhoeiuwhdousah

[QUOTE="fhoeiuwhdousah"]Your playing as an old man tho!?AgentH

dude, metal gear games are as real as they can get in some areas, you don't expect characters to age over these years? anyway, Snake has aged because of a bug in the cloning process. It's story related.

I know i just dont enjoy playing as an old man with a bus pass, and also not keen on all the female bosses seems a bit weird like.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

[QUOTE="fhoeiuwhdousah"]Your playing as an old man tho!?AgentH

I wouldnt call it a bug...
thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thegame1980
[QUOTE="thegame1980"]

acidBURN1942

gameplay is no where near MGS1, you havent played it obivously.

Ummm yes it does and yes I have. Hit L2 to bring up the left side menu. Hit R2 to bring up right side menu. Press x to crouch and x again to crawl. Snake still runs like al oony up and down stairs fast. Switch to widescreen aspect when transitioning to another area. What about htis game is different then the predecessors in terms of control? Just because someone disagrees you accuse them of lying? I have the game buddy got it the day it launched it's the only reason I kept my PS3 sitting around for 6 months.

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thegame1980
[QUOTE="thegame1980"][QUOTE="bigburd"][QUOTE="thegame1980"]

bigburd

Disagree? there is nothing to disagree about, its fact. You must be playing it on an SDTV or something, because nothing i have ever played has even come close to the realism provided by this games graphics.

Again wrong. 47 inch LCD with HDMI hookup. Yes the game looks good I won't deny that but the best or real no. Take a closer look at objects next itme you play. Since when in the real world are tires and wheels Hexagonal? Take a look at the flat textures on most of the buildings and wooden boards.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
i would give it a 10 because its the best game i played in ages but its not perfect so if 10 is perfection then 9.9.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

I have the game buddy got it the day it launched it's the only reason I kept my PS3 sitting around for 6 months. thegame1980

Seems an odd statement to make.

Also strange how you're asking us to discount the story when the story is what makes MGS what it is.

fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fhoeiuwhdousah
Im just not really enjoying so far some bits are cool and the graphics are immense. Just isnt the 10/10 i was hoping it to be. Saying that im yet to complete it so its not my final opinion. Was playing some games last night and ended up putting ratchet and clank in and call of duty because i wasnt having enuff fun in MGS4.
SamcottsPSWii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SamcottsPSWii60

thegame1980

Do yourself a favour, and read both IGN and Gamespots reviews. Written by proffesional gaming critics who know what they are talking about. They explain exactly why this game is a deserving 10, and thought as one of the greatest games in history.

**Virtual Slap**

I actually feel a bit sorry for anyone who isn't feeling the same way about this game as I do, they really are missing out on an amazing experience.

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thegame1980

[QUOTE="thegame1980"]I have the game buddy got it the day it launched it's the only reason I kept my PS3 sitting around for 6 months. emitsu97

Seems an odd statement to make.

Also strange how you're asking us to discount the story when the story is what makes MGS what it is.

Why? I got it for Christmas played a few games figured out I don't like the PS3 but knew I wanted to play MGS4. Why is it odd?

Stark1177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Stark1177
Member since 2003 • 200 Posts
[QUOTE="acidBURN1942"][QUOTE="thegame1980"]

thegame1980

Ummm yes it does and yes I have. Hit L2 to bring up the left side menu. Hit R2 to bring up right side menu. Press x to crouch and x again to crawl. Snake still runs like al oony up and down stairs fast. Switch to widescreen aspect when transitioning to another area. What about htis game is different then the predecessors in terms of control? Just because someone disagrees you accuse them of lying? I have the game buddy got it the day it launched it's the only reason I kept my PS3 sitting around for 6 months.

Those arent Gameplay! Thats keeping with the theme of MGS...Its called tradition, thats how MGS games function...Gameplay is DRASTICALLY Different than any other MGS Game...You obviously dont know what Gameplay is...Everything is different From the way you shoot,(FPS to Over the shoulder)...MGS4 is no longer from a top down perspective. MGS4 is much more action oriented, but also the sneaking is a Much different with the octocamo

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 thegame1980
[QUOTE="thegame1980"]

SamcottsPSWii60

Do yourself a favour, and read both IGN and Gamespots reviews. Written by proffesional gaming critics who know what they are talking about. They explain exactly why this game is a deserving 10, and thought as one of the greatest games in history.

**Virtual Slap**

I actually feel a bit sorry for anyone who isn't feeling the same way about this game as I do, they really are missing out on an amazing experience.

Thanks I did read htem already and I disagree with them. Not to mention now because Gamespot gives a PS3 game a 10 they are all of a sudden professionals but when they rate PS3 games lower or Xbox 360 games better they have no idea what they are tlaking about right? Look I have a different opinion on the game and I stated my reasons all I have gotten in return is fanboy bull****. The game is not worthy of a 10 because it has 90 minutes cutscenes or over dramtic boss battles.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
[QUOTE="acidBURN1942"][QUOTE="thegame1980"]

thegame1980

your basing a game on controls, just wow i guess gameplay and experience will not work, the textures on old snake is amazing best i seen ever well except crysis but that on pc not consoles. that seems odd.
GDCalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GDCalibur
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts

I really don't see why this game doesn't deserve a 10.

-Story finally comes together

-Improved graphics

-Great weapon system(Buying/selling weapons)

-Better sound

-Way more details

-Character doesn't auto lean against objects like before , now you can hit "triangle"

-Less Codec conversations

-Better flow of cut scenes and action

Could probably list more but I just woke up.

-A nice integration of helping one side: "PMC's" or "the local militia"

-Way better achievement system too

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

Why? I got it for Christmas played a few games figured out I don't like the PS3 but knew I wanted to play MGS4. Why is it odd?thegame1980

It's odd because your remarks have made it more than obvious your disdain for the console is more than likely influencing your opinion of the game. Your complaints are nitpicking at the absolute most.

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
If any game deserves a ten, it's MGS4.
thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thegame1980

Im just not really enjoying so far some bits are cool and the graphics are immense. Just isnt the 10/10 i was hoping it to be. Saying that im yet to complete it so its not my final opinion. Was playing some games last night and ended up putting ratchet and clank in and call of duty because i wasnt having enuff fun in MGS4.fhoeiuwhdousah

Careful if you talk down on the game you might get your head bit off by the rabid fanboys here.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

After playing and completing MGS4 I can honestly say that the game does not deserve a 10.......

[spoiler] IT DESERVES AN 11 :D [/spoiler]

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 thegame1980

[QUOTE="thegame1980"]Why? I got it for Christmas played a few games figured out I don't like the PS3 but knew I wanted to play MGS4. Why is it odd?emitsu97

It's odd because your remarks have made it more than obvious your disdain for the console is more than likely influencing your opinion of the game.

Not so. I think MGS4 deserves a 9 which is still a respectable score. I'm not blown away by this game at all yet I still enjoy it. But yes I do dislike the PS3 as a console.

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

thegame1980

You're dilusional. GTA 4 got a 10 and you say MGS 4 doesn't deserve a 10? Wow!

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

After playing and completing MGS4 I can honestly say that the game does not deserve a 10.......

Swift_Boss_A

No it deserves a 12

SamcottsPSWii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SamcottsPSWii60
[QUOTE="SamcottsPSWii60"][QUOTE="thegame1980"]

thegame1980

**Virtual Slap**

Thanks I did read htem already and I disagree with them. Not to mention now because Gamespot gives a PS3 game a 10 they are all of a sudden professionals but when they rate PS3 games lower or Xbox 360 games better they have no idea what they are tlaking about right? Look I have a different opinion on the game and I stated my reasons all I have gotten in return is fanboy bull****. The game is not worthy of a 10 because it has 90 minutes cutscenes or over dramtic boss battles.

I own every 7th gen console, and I've always thought IGN and Gamespot reviews are proffesional, I may occasionally disagree with them, but I've never discredited them. And to call me a fanboy? Of what exactly? MGS4? I was one of the few people that didn't hype this game up, I'm not that niave to think brilliant of a game I don't even own yet. I was simply blown away with MGS4, from gameplay to presentation, I didn't expect it to be anywhere near as good as it turned out.

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
[QUOTE="thegame1980"]

patriots7672

You're dilusional. GTA 4 got a 10 and you say MGS 4 doesn't deserve a 10? Wow!

just think about it the same people that said gta 4 is a ten say mgs4 is a ten if you don't think they were right then how can you say they are right now. i think its the best in the series that said no its not a ten in my book but thats my opinion i think its stupid and illogical for anyone to claim a game is perfect and that everyone will agree all we can do is give are opinions doesn't make them right or wrong.