Demons Souls - should I bother..?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danimal233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 danimal233
Member since 2008 • 547 Posts

I got Demons Souls months ago and was very excited about it. I tried the first level over and over and over and couldnt beat it. After a few days of going at it I decided I would put it back on the shelf for another try at a later date.

Today I put the game back in, and played for about an hour. Still having tonnes of troubles with it, cant even get close to the end of the level.

Should I keep trying it until I get the hang of it and once I get past the first level will I be ok? Or am I a hopeless cause and if I cant beat the first level after this many tries I might as well sell the game while its worth something?

At this point im ready to snap the damn game - but at the same time I really want to enjoy this game and beat it.

k_ozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 k_ozz
Member since 2007 • 1088 Posts

Keep trying mate.... The game only gets better after the first boss... The best part is that you get better as well...I took about 8 hours to beat the first boss... The feeling you get once u beat the first boss is something every gamer should experience...

Only tip i can give is.... Take your time.... Dont try to bully the A.I, but respect it... I hope you get wat i mean....

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
I just started again for the 3rd time and it is going much better. Pick the Royalty class and you should be able to soul arrow most of the bosses pretty easily
danimal233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 danimal233

alright thanks for the encouragement! I will keep on trying. I am using the Royalty.

Is there a boss on the very first level?

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jsh020
Member since 2010 • 1168 Posts

the game isnt as hard as everyone says it is. all the game is, is patience. make sure you stay heavily on the block and worry about dodgeing apposed to attacking.....as continueing on with the game ide say its not worth it. most of the bosses are just repeatin a patern for 10 minuetes straigt and the game is just not very fun past bolitaria. i may not find it hard ut thats just me since when i get a game i play it on the hardest or second hardest diffulcty setting(90% of the time) so since this game is all about takeing things slowly and observing your suroundings. ide say just give the game a shot again. if you like what you play then continue ut if you dont like some of the first levles of the other worlds then just give up becouse thats how they most are all throughout.

personaly i tink demons souls is a moderate challenge game with a mediocer playstyle and no plot in sight just make it a all around mediocer game.

avail447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#6 avail447
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts

wow it shouldnt be THAT hard, you may want to just get rid of it...

though i will say the first level is one of the harder ones becuase you are trying to learn the game and all...

did you buy the heater shield? it will help alot, also block and dodge, you need strategy when fighting in this game

avail447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#7 avail447
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts

alright thanks for the encouragement! I will keep on trying. I am using the Royalty.

Is there a boss on the very first level?

danimal233

yes and i would recommend stocking up on firebombs it will help ALOT

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

When playing this game, your priorities should always be to 1) avoid damage and then 2) attack. Ideally you will never take a hit but if one ever gets you, you want to be sure its only a single time so you can recover. As others said, its all about patience and attacking / moving carefully.

The people who fail at this game are usually the types who want to just rambo your way through it swinging or shooting like crazy. If you notice almost every enemy moves and attacks pretty slow (compared to most other games). There is a reason for that. The designers want you to take it slow and with care.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
I strongly recommend you keep on trying. I, and I'm sure many others, had issues beating the first level but when I finally got to beat it and kept on advancing through the game, I got to love the game. It is truly a very unique experience.
Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts
Keep at it. Try different classes, different weapons, different styles of gameplay because it's worth it to work at it. This game isn't the kind that's beaten easily, it takes effort, trial and error, and awareness.
nuker311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nuker311
Member since 2010 • 158 Posts

this game requires patience. once you hit the middle of the game, the game gets a lot easier

Katsumic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Katsumic
Member since 2010 • 253 Posts

Definitely keep at it :) Remember that this isn't a "rush in with sword swinging" type of game. You want to take your time and block, hide behind the environment for protection, etc.

danimal233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 danimal233

Yeah I guess playing God of War and then this game after doesnt work too well:| Ill slow it down even more, gotta get used to blocking lots.

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

It's a tough game to get used to. It definitly makes you pay for your mistakes. However, in my opinion it's only hard at the beginning. I honestly found that the farther on i went the easier it seemed to be. I breezed through the later levels usually never dying unless i stepped off a ledge or something.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

Come on man, i don't want to sound rude but why are you asking us if you should keep trying. If it's too difficult for you and you don't feel like playing it anymore, then don't. We can't empower you to play it.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

Yeah I guess playing God of War and then this game after doesnt work too well:| Ill slow it down even more, gotta get used to blocking lots.

danimal233
Haha-- that could be the problem.
gavatron123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gavatron123
Member since 2009 • 362 Posts

i agree this is a good game :) :) :) :)

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

If it's giving you that much trouble and you're already hate the game the I'd say just sell it or trade it in. No point in forcing yourself to play a game you don't like.

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
Um, what are you doing that you can't beat the first level? Yeah, it's a hard game, but you have to play the game in the correct way in order to do it, and it really shouldn't be that hard. Use an online walkthrough to at least get yourself past the first level, after that you can at least grind.
crackity-jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 crackity-jones
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
The first level is always the hardest for new player's. Keep trying.
inFamousLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 inFamousLemon
Member since 2010 • 218 Posts

Hehe i just started NG+ and the boss in the first lvl is so much harder :D Mainly cause the lil guys don't die in one bomb... More like 3 or 4.

I don't know if you should play the game if you're having that much trouble with it on the first lvl. You can try the game's wiki to find strategies and such stuff... But don't get your hopes up since no one will play it for you.

nick35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nick35
Member since 2003 • 47 Posts
The game is not hard at all, is all about playing smart, if you just try to attack everything on site, you are gona get owned every single time. Just try to learn your enemy's, they all have 2 or maybe 3 attacks. If you die and keep playing the game the same way then play something else.
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
im on my 7th playhthrough,got my platinum in 2 weeks and out 180 hours into the game,its not hard.Keep trying,learn the ropes,USE YOUR SHIELD PLZZZ!!!!! if you your guard breaks,Roll Dont rush,died and lost your souls?dont worry,later on one enemy will give 100x more souls than the current amount you lost. Use R3,once the enemy attacks,get behind him or Swashbuckle em
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I think I will go and pick this game up. I think I am man enough now.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

Yes definately, it gets a little easier after you've grinded through the first level a few times. I must say, i think a lot of people are put off by hearing about the difficulty of the game. I myself nearly didn't buy it because i was told it was for "teh hardcore's" but i don't really find it that hard and i'm a pretty casual gamer...it simply requires patience really :) I play a lot of Devil May Cry, so the first level put me in my place and taught me not to run into rooms trying to break everything xD

Edit: However, only 'bother' if you want to bother, if you're not enjoying yourself then it's not the thing for you, as that's what games are about =]

Archendrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Archendrus
Member since 2010 • 306 Posts

Hmm, sounds like a game I have to play : ) I love a good challenging RPG. Don't snap it in half though! Give it to the needy! lol. I've only snapped one game in several pieces out of frustration, Sonic The Hedgehog for PS3. Not because the gameplay was too hard, but because the controls were so broken that skill had nothing to do with it.