Demon's Souls servers offline for good May 31, 2012.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HardGames420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HardGames420
Member since 2011 • 233 Posts

What a shame, still an amazing game nonetheless but the online really makes it shine.

http://n4g.com/news/977971/demons-souls-going-offline-end-of-may

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts
lol we should all get on and tear it up one last time on may 31st until it disconnects us haha
HardGames420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HardGames420

lol we should all get on and tear it up one last time on may 31st until it disconnects us hahaRenzokucant

I will definitely get on one last time before they shut it down on the 31st. I plan on playing through it again also as well. Along with Dark Souls, Demon's Souls is the only game this gen I will remember and talk about twenty years from now. Such an amazing franchise.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

So we can still play it, just without the phantoms and stuff.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Pvp all that week!
Maluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maluk
Member since 2004 • 175 Posts

Why wait til that week?! I've been trying to pvp with people for a week now its not a populated as Dark Souls. Help it get back to like it was when it came out before it's gone!

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

One of the best games I've ever played. This is the direction I want gaming to go. So the world might be mended...so the world might be mended

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
So sad. Too bad Dark Souls has stupid P2P, I blame Xbox for that.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
lol on my birthday too. :P
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I better have a one last go at demons Souls before May 31 2012.

conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts
So sad.I had hoped to play DS one more time online when I got back home in July.
kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

WTF, it still has an active community and stuff, why close it down? :(

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Nobody even plays it anymore, I tried a month or so ago and spent like 30-45 minutes and found like one PvP match.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#14 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I must try and defeat the Arch King before the online shuts down.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShangTsung17
Member since 2011 • 839 Posts

that is awesome news! i may actually get this game now.. thanks for the info.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

ShangTsung17
You know you could just play it not connected to the internet, right? I think the PVE and PVP in Demon's Soul's is great, but it is totally easily completely avoidable if ya want to.
ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ShangTsung17

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

MethodManFTW

You know you could just play it not connected to the internet, right? I think the PVE and PVP in Demon's Soul's is great, but it is totally easily completely avoidable if ya want to.

yea i just hate online gaming.. doesn't even feel like a game when its all hyped up on mp crack.. i wish online mp had've stayed just on pc where it belonged, it never had any business invading consoles and it just ruins games.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MethodManFTW

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

ShangTsung17

yea i just hate online gaming.. doesn't even feel like a game when its all hyped up on mp crack.. i wish online mp had've stayed just on pc where it belonged, it never had any business invading consoles and it just ruins games.

It's not hyped on MP crack at all. It's all totally optional. You choose to summon people in (that just help you).. and sometimes you get invaded. But yeah, if you don't wanna deal with that, just disconnect from the internet while you play. Will still play perfectly. :)
ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ShangTsung17

yea the only time i hook my system to the net is long enough to buy dlc, then after purchasing i immediatly disconnect.. i heard this game was insanely difficult tho, which isn't really a bad thing, but i've heard stories of people smashing there controllers into bits over this one.. lol

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MethodManFTW

yea the only time i hook my system to the net is long enough to buy dlc, then after purchasing i immediatly disconnect.. i heard this game was insanely difficult tho, which isn't really a bad thing, but i've heard stories of people smashing there controllers into bits over this one.. lol

ShangTsung17
Oh yeah, if your usually not connected then this has been an offline RPG for you the entire time. :P Haha, it can be a bit rage inducing, but you just have to learn to play defensively and it becomes fairly easy.. Dark Souls on the other hand, god damn that game is hard.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

ShangTsung17

Demon's Souls isn't as impossibly difficult as everyone makes it out to be. You see, the thing is that video games are easier this gen and more casualized and streamlined and watered down, that most gamers are not used to a real challenge. DS isn't insanely difficult, unless you compare it with current gen casual games.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ShangTsung17

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

soundcellx

Demon's Souls isn't as impossibly difficult as everyone makes it out to be. You see, the thing is that video games are easier this gen and more casualized and streamlined and watered down, that most gamers are not used to a real challenge. DS isn't insanely difficult, unless you compare it with current gen casual games.

so it provides a decent challange and u can't just run through it like on most games? yea thats a good thing actually.. so many recent games are lacking in the challange department that they get boring very quickly, so this one will be an interesting change of pace, and plus i heard its pretty cheap now.. lol

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

ShangTsung17

so it provides a decent challange and u can't just run through it like on most games? yea thats a good thing actually.. so many recent games are lacking in the challange department that they get boring very quickly, so this one will be an interesting change of pace, and plus i heard its pretty cheap now.. lol

Yep, exactly. If you have been playing video games before this gen, and are not retarded, then Demon's Souls should not be insanely difficult. If things are too hard, either try another area of the game or grind until you are strong enough. Not that hard.

HardGames420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HardGames420

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

Yep, exactly. If you have been playing video games before this gen, and are not retarded, then Demon's Souls should not be insanely difficult. If things are too hard, either try another area of the game or grind until you are strong enough. Not that hard.

Dark Souls is five times as hard as Demon's Souls.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"] so it provides a decent challange and u can't just run through it like on most games? yea thats a good thing actually.. so many recent games are lacking in the challange department that they get boring very quickly, so this one will be an interesting change of pace, and plus i heard its pretty cheap now.. lol

HardGames420

I don't know about 5 times harder, but Dark Souls is definitely more difficult by far. snipers in Anor Lando and Ornstein and Smough were my hang-ups about Dark Souls, but I surpassed those challenges and platinumed the game. In my opinion, these 2 games are the best this gen.

Still though, if you're a real gamer, you should be able to finish Dark Souls.

HardGames420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HardGames420

[QUOTE="HardGames420"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

I don't know about 5 times harder, but Dark Souls is definitely more difficult by far. snipers in Anor Lando and Ornstein and Smough were my hang-ups about Dark Souls, but I surpassed those challenges and platinumed the game. In my opinion, these 2 games are the best this gen.

Still though, if you're a real gamer, you should be able to finish Dark Souls.

You're dead on actually, it's about twice as hard. And yes, any real gamer with patience should be able to complete Dark Souls. Unless you hate Medieval RPG's then there's no way in hell you would ever make it. I personally would have never have made it if I didn't adore the dark fantasy concept, you really have to want it with Dark Souls, so many instances where the game demands nothing less than perfection. Demon's Souls had many ways to exploit enemies and bosses, and while it does exist in Dark Souls, not nearly to the same extent making the game simply brutal. I completed my first playthrough with no help on any bosses, didn't someone one soul, and played entirely melee, no magic or pyromancy. It was hard as hell.

Laxer04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Laxer04
Member since 2008 • 1256 Posts

glad i read this, i will def be playing through it one last time before the online goes away

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Still have yet to beat this game.

xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

what a shame, a great game it is, and still will be even with the servers shut down. was a cool add on for the game though

Ryder_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 Ryder_49
Member since 2011 • 119 Posts

ShangTsung17
Dark Souls is hard. Demon's Souls is always fair.
tb0rg0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 tb0rg0
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts

So sad man! I don't know why they have to do that.