Demon's Souls OVERRATED!!!

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SheikhMuhammad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 SheikhMuhammad
Member since 2005 • 438 Posts

When was " being frustrated " FUN? This is the most overrated game i have ever played in my entire life. I am actually scared playing this game, that a single strike on me and i will have to start all over again with 0 souls. I cannot believe how it got the GOTY awards.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Lol, you just suck at the game.
SheikhMuhammad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SheikhMuhammad
Member since 2005 • 438 Posts
Lol, you just suck at the game.Fightingfan
No i did not! My soul level is 19. But i am just unable to play this game.. i mean, it is so frustrating! it gives u STRESS! I cant believe i bought this game over AC2
Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#4 Brawler-Dude
Member since 2008 • 1418 Posts

When was " being frustrated " FUN? This is the most overrated game i have ever played in my entire life. I am actually scared playing this game, that a single strike on me and i will have to start all over again with 0 souls. I cannot believe how it got the GOTY awards.

SheikhMuhammad

Ok that being frustrated thing, the games hard but not that hard of a game I mean really, And you can get back your souls if you go back to the place you died and touching your bloodstain, also Its a game of trail and Error. you make a mistake there and you die, well then you figure out a way around it. And also there is just a joy of when you finally become strong enough to beat an enemy that gave you a hard time. This game is not for people that get frusted easliy or do not have patience.

Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Brawler-Dude

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Lol, you just suck at the game.SheikhMuhammad
No i did not! My soul level is 19. But i am just unable to play this game.. i mean, it is so frustrating! it gives u STRESS! I cant believe i bought this game over AC2

B the wayyour soul level doesnt matter. You can start off the game and have a soul level of 19 by the chartcer you choose.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

there is no such thing as a game being underrated or overrated its all subjective, you find it frustrating and some people find the challenge of the game to be fun, hence why some people like it. just because you suck at it doesn't mean its overrated just give up and play something else or get better and play through it

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Someone made a thread about this exact same thing recently. The game's not that challenging it just requires skill and strategy. If it's too hard for you stop playing itor get better at videogames...

choonyos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 choonyos
Member since 2006 • 183 Posts
I agree with everyone. This game requires thought, preparation, and above all patience. If you die, it's you fault, not the computers/controls/whatever. It's you, you failed at something. Regroup, rethink, and replay. Eventually the areas will become easier and you will not die in them the same amount as the others. It's not for everyone, maybe it's not a game for you.
ahnzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ahnzz
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts

SheikhMuhammad
this game is not FUN, this game is one of the most CHALLENGING games i have ever played, of corse i got fusterated over time. until i figured out that i was in soul form too long and my life was low so i used the stone to revive myself.
CBottom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CBottom7
Member since 2009 • 822 Posts

[QUOTE="SheikhMuhammad"]

ahnzz

this game is not FUN, this game is one of the most CHALLENGING games i have ever played, of corse i got fusterated over time. until i figured out that i was in soul form too long and my life was low so i used the stone to revive myself.

And then you get INVADED! MUWAHAHA ... not by me - I'm not mean. I accidently deleted my Soul Level 112 character ... OOPS! I had to start over - talk abotu FRUSTRATING, but I find it enjoyable ... it's a GREAT GAME!

Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Brawler-Dude

[QUOTE="ahnzz"][QUOTE="SheikhMuhammad"]

CBottom7

And then you get INVADED! MUWAHAHA ... not by me - I'm not mean. I accidently deleted my Soul Level 112 character ... OOPS! I had to start over - talk abotu FRUSTRATING, but I find it enjoyable ... it's a GREAT GAME!

ok I have to say I invade, but not to be mean. I do it just so I can revive

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
I believe it was meant to be a hard game. Some people love a good challenge. COD 3 on veteran was stressful.
FireFox67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 FireFox67
Member since 2008 • 1012 Posts

I already saw many people saying it wasn't that hard, but I don't know because I never played it.

GS also said that Midnight Club LA is very hard, I have the game and I don't think it is hard at all, I think it is easy.

CBottom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CBottom7
Member since 2009 • 822 Posts

I already saw many people saying it wasn't that hard, but I don't know because I never played it.

GS also said that Midnight Club LA is very hard, I have the game and I don't think it is hard at all, I think it is easy.

FireFox67

If you don't play RPG's ... ever ... I can se ehow it would be hard ... It's a "die and learn" game ... until you get good and know how to beat your enemies - then it's easy and A TON OF FUN

ahnzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ahnzz
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts
[QUOTE="Brawler-Dude"]

[QUOTE="CBottom7"]

this game is not FUN, this game is one of the most CHALLENGING games i have ever played, of corse i got fusterated over time. until i figured out that i was in soul form too long and my life was low so i used the stone to revive myself. ahnzz

ok I have to say I invade, but not to be mean. I do it just so I can revive

yeah i became so strong like level 80 something starting my second play through, i like when they invade, it makes the game more challenging
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Actually it sounds like you're really bad at the game.

Demon's Souls is by no means hard, which has NOTHING to do with it being overrated.

OmegaTau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 OmegaTau
Member since 2007 • 908 Posts

l2p

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
I actually agree to an extent. I honestly don't enjoy being severely punished for making a simple, human error. The game just isn't fun to me. I also don't care for the medieval setting or the atmosphere of the game. Just isn't my cup of tea.
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
The only OVERRATED thing about DS is the difficulty,
Tolinoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tolinoli
Member since 2005 • 173 Posts

Well, we all got different tastes. Not everyone love the same things.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

[QUOTE="SheikhMuhammad"]

Brawler-Dude

This game is not for people that getfrustrated easliy or do not have patience.

had to correct that lol.. anyways exactly i don't understand why people who have no patience play games or play onesthat areharder then the "norm".. these people and the people that played a gran turismo game and used a f1 car vs pt cruisers becuase they didn't want to lose just confuse me i mean why play games if you want the game to beat itself for you while you watch tv or something. where's the fun in not having to try.

by the way demon's souls isn't extremely hard, it just seems that way when you start playing because you try to play it like GoW. In fact it's a pretty easy game after a little playing time.

TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 TheGrudge13
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts

just because you suck at it doesn't mean it's bad

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

So you label a game as overrated based solely on its difficulty level? You should be a game reviewer when you grow up...:roll:

Headpopper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Headpopper333
Member since 2009 • 924 Posts

It's one of the finest games ever crafted and the atmosphere of the game is so beautiful. Go play a shooter because it's obvious you suck. Any gamer that appreciates a well designed game will love this game, people who just want to shoot something and win will suck and inevitably hate it. Hey, why don't you just turn down the difficulty muuuahahhaaa

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
yeh ,this,theres ALWAYS a way,put a blue soul sign,get summoned,kill the hosts boss,get your body now YOU summon for help,you help them,they help you,you get LOTS of souls,you LVL up,and you get help.Thats it! go watch you tube videos or something
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Good thing you got DS. It kicks the sh*t out of AC2.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

LOL @ your frustration. The game isn't that difficult. You have to play the game defensively or evasively. It's not your regular hack-n-slash game where you run around stabbing enemies who aren't programmed to defend themselves. You have to plan out each attack and expect the worst around every corner.

metalguitar13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 metalguitar13
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

TC plays games that are so easy you can win the game in an hour

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

i agree. while not a bad game, imo it's a bit overrated. it's not hard once you learn the tricks and know what you're dealing with, but it is quite a tedious experience that offers surprisingly little reward and satisfaction.

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#30 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

The game isn't that hard .I just completed the game and started new game + . I was wetting my pants because I heard so many people just quit because the new game+ is so difficult . I have no problems so far (soul level 82 now with Blueblood sword warrior/White bow level 5). The only frustrating level I found in the game is the swamp in 5/2 . The big goblins kill you in ...and you can't move in the swamp . Aaargh!!

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#31 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

Oh, and Demon's Souls isn't overrated, it is underrated . It didn't try to achieve anything, wasn't hyped to death (which destroys games, you know) . Demon's Souls is a fair game . You get what you try and squish out of it . for me, it is the best thing in years, reminding me of the good old days when I was young and lost my last continue in Blaster Master . THAT, my friend, was hard !!

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Nothing can be over rated or under rated since ratings are pure opinion and nothing more (unless there is some sort of mathematical rating system being used, which would probably be impossible) and even the words over rated and under rated are opinions. So actually, all this thread is saying: "I don't like this game and you guys did." :P
Happy-Screamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Happy-Screamer
Member since 2007 • 467 Posts

I don't think it should of got the reviews it got. It is probably because I never got this addiction to it. I completed it and haven't really gone back to it, the online aspect is really innovative but I think the total lack of story and coherancy should mark it down in its score.

It is a good game but I don't believe it should have got the reviews it got, just like MW2. I suppose it does encourage innovation but why did mirror's edge not get a higher score with its unique concept.

TDragonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 TDragonn
Member since 2010 • 106 Posts

I can get easily frustrated in games, so I think I might steer clear of this one. Thanks for the warning.

The_saint1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_saint1976
Member since 2003 • 258 Posts

Played & platinumed the Game, can honestly say not once in my roughly 250hrs of playtime, did I ever feel a hint of stress or Frustration. Are you sure you're playing it right? If your stressing out over a game, it maybe time for you to find a new hobby.

inFamousLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 inFamousLemon
Member since 2010 • 218 Posts

First off you suck at it. Second sl 19, srsly? Third, why did you buy the game? Did you not read the review ? Besides it doesn't get hard or frustrating until NG+ and even then if you are a melee fighter almost nothing can one hit you. And i'm not a turtle either i just use the old kings set.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
I think its overrated too but not because of the difficulty. The difficulty was fine I was just bored to death playing the game.
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
I'm glad your enjoying the game.
sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 sturshel
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

Maybe the title of this post should have been:

Demon's Souls OVER TROLLED!!! ;)

Think it's overrated? Then get yourself AC2 - it is that simple dude...

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
You're right, it is a hard game, and that's part of the challenge.
evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts
its a little overrated ill give you that. but its not that hard of a game. if you really dont like then go adn get your money back and get AC2. its as simple as that. if you dont want to do that then dont complain
pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

SheikhMuhammad

i swear ive never ONCE met some1 in real life that said demon soul is amazing, every1 i know thinks it sucks. i bought the game because of hype play it a little bit and was bored and disappointed i did not enjoy it at all. the game is SOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW paced. this game is one of my worste purchases ever

yourmate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 yourmate
Member since 2010 • 165 Posts

Lol i had to make a decision out of those two..

Looks like AC2 was a good pick...this isnt the first time I hear abotu how frustrating DS is

Zathic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#45 Zathic
Member since 2007 • 1946 Posts

So you bought it without knowing it was hard? That's kinda your fault

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

Demon's Souls is by no means hard, which has NOTHING to do with it being overrated.

Gxgear
By no means hard? I love this game, but its not just for any noob. If you were around in the NES era the dieing wouldn't be as bad. The game requires patience and timing, all which lack into today's modern games.
Zathic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#47 Zathic
Member since 2007 • 1946 Posts

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

bobaban

By no means hard? I love this game, but its not just for any noob. If you were around in the NES era the dieing wouldn't be as bad. The game requires patience and timing, all which lack into today's modern games.

Still I kinda agree with him. The game isn't that hard, I'd say it's about even with the first Devil May Cry

MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

SheikhMuhammad

Word did you buy the game because of the score?Of course their is no "perfect game" what do you expect Easy Sailing? of course not.

MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

QUOTE] By no means hard? I love this game, but its not just for any noob. If you were around in the NES era the dieing wouldn't be as bad. The game requires patience and timing, all which lack into today's modern games.

Yea I remember those days, but however we are the old people here.

milan22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 milan22
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts
Enough Said.