This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ryuk-Shinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ryuk-Shinigami
Member since 2008 • 630 Posts
can i delete game trophies the reason i ask is because i download the demo for stardust HD something like that its called. So i already deleted the demo but the trophy section didn't go with it.
Hiddren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Hiddren
Member since 2008 • 1146 Posts
Hi, I would be happy
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts

no, you cant.

BostonDieNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BostonDieNasty
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

whats the point of deleting them why would you want to?

drcsyntax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 drcsyntax
Member since 2008 • 267 Posts
Try checking the memory manger; though like they said, there's no real reason to delete it.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Wow! Complaining about getting trophies, instead of complaining because of no trophies!! This is a first!! :o

TC, you can't do that as far as I know, because that's info linked to your PSN account, not something stored in your HDD.

gtyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gtyu
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

Wow! Complaining about getting trophies, instead of complaining because of no trophies!! This is a first!! :o

GreenGoblin2099

i know this is the first time i hear it too

but why would you want to delete it i don't know how this is something somebody would want to delete it it's just trophies

Ryuk-Shinigami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ryuk-Shinigami
Member since 2008 • 630 Posts
[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

gtyu

i know this is the first time i hear it too

but why would you want to delete it i don't know how this is something somebody would want to delete it it's just trophies

not delete my trophies i meant that the demo came with the trophy section but demos dont give trophy so i have a big zero trophies for this. doesn't matter anymore anyways

kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kar008
Member since 2004 • 526 Posts
well i dont know if u can delete but i would recommend buy the game and get some trophies full game :)
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kar008
Member since 2004 • 526 Posts
well i dont know if u can delete but i would recommend buy the game and get some trophies, full game :)
chadvaleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chadvaleu
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I have a legit reson to remove a trophy. Because I didn't get the damn thing. I sent my PS3 to Sony to have the Blue-Ray drive replaced (2nd time in 3 months, but thats a different stoy) When I got it back, I had Trophies for Mortal Combat Vs. DC Universe that the effn tech must have gotten, because I have never once played, or inserted that games in my console.
Thetaguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Thetaguru
Member since 2006 • 1394 Posts
I have a legit reson to remove a trophy. Because I didn't get the damn thing. I sent my PS3 to Sony to have the Blue-Ray drive replaced (2nd time in 3 months, but thats a different stoy) When I got it back, I had Trophies for Mortal Combat Vs. DC Universe that the effn tech must have gotten, because I have never once played, or inserted that games in my console.chadvaleu
LOL, at least you know they tested it.
ElectroTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ElectroTH
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
can i delete game trophies the reason i ask is because i download the demo for stardust HD something like that its called. So i already deleted the demo but the trophy section didn't go with it.Ryuk-Shinigami
Same thing happened 2 me......... anyway the reason anyone and everyone wants rid of it is because 1. It gives you a list of trophies that drag your percentage WAY DOWN :(. 2. In order to unlock these things you need to pay up 4 the full game witch I don't want. 3. ITS permanent ... all I wanted was a fun demo to kill time and now I can't get rid of it
whispa2K8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 whispa2K8
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

Well... You can get rid of them, But it does mean NEVER EVER syncing your PS3 again... Unless you want them all back... You need to backup the PS3, you find it in settings, and do a Full format or something like that... (NOTE: ALL YOUR DATA WILL BE DELETED TOO, BUT YOU CAN USE A USB, BACK IT UP ONTO A COMPUTER, AND AFTER PLACE IT BACK ON YOUR PS3)...

And thats the way I did mine....

Death-X-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Death-X-
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts
I'm stuck with a 1% trophies from Midnight Club LA Remix, and I dun have the game anymore. it annoys me x(
shikakrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shikakrinks
Member since 2005 • 451 Posts

i also want to delete some of my 0% trophies. kinda anoying if youre collecting it. they should put a feature on the next patch to delete the trophie cuz that whould be cool.

DLBeLL1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DLBeLL1984
Member since 2008 • 409 Posts

i also want to delete some of my 0% trophies. kinda anoying if youre collecting it. they should put a feature on the next patch to delete the trophie cuz that whould be cool.

shikakrinks

I wish they would add this feature too. I bought a game off the PSN, I think I got 2% for the throphies, and the game I didn't like so I deleted it, and the throphy information just annoys me. Also, my brother brought a game over to play since he doesn't have a PS3 and rented the game. Battlefield Bad Company, there's throphies there and I don't have any plans on every playing this game, yet I still have to look at throphy information? Makes it so cluttered!

superpj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 superpj1
Member since 2009 • 154 Posts

I would also like to delete some trophies. It'sfocking annoying when you download aDEMOon the psn that add trophy information. You delete the demo but the trophies stay. grrrrrrrrrrrr :evil: I only want trophies for full games not or demos, it pollutes my trophy collection

cheetah_TM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 cheetah_TM
Member since 2003 • 7053 Posts
I bought a used ps3, so I have trophies that I didn't earn, and it annoys me.
DragoonSaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DragoonSaber
Member since 2009 • 536 Posts
I bought a used ps3, so I have trophies that I didn't earn, and it annoys me.cheetah_TM
create a new profile
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#21 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Trophies shouldn't become available because of a demo.

And no, trophies cannot be deleted.

soccerordie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 soccerordie23
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
so will you lose any trophies you want to keep?
hotfiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hotfiree
Member since 2006 • 2185 Posts

BostonDieNasty
I hate having 0% games on my list.
LightGalaxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LightGalaxy_07
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

im annoyed as well with suoer star dust hd!!

ALTAIR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ALTAIR360
Member since 2006 • 1408 Posts

you can delete achievements by pressing X :P

FearTheMullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FearTheMullet
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
well you see, the reason i want to delete them is, I bought Uncharted 2, and before i even got a chance to play it (I literally got to the 3rd level) my brother in law came over and played it while i was out at work, came back and hes liek "yea man, this is a sweet game, i got you to the 10th level and got all these trophies for you" Like WTF, i bought the game to enjoy it, not to have all this stupid **** done for me. the guys such a douche bag
nelson415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 nelson415
Member since 2007 • 1807 Posts

Sorry, your stuck with them....for now :shock:

ReikonSaisei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ReikonSaisei
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

BostonDieNasty
To start over and get all the trophies. This is a great example as to why we want to delete our trophies. Missing 4 trophies from Platinum -- http://img2.purerave.com/5/72/5700972_.jpg
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

[QUOTE="BostonDieNasty"]

ReikonSaisei

To start over and get all the trophies. This is a great example as to why we want to delete our trophies. Missing 4 trophies from Platinum

just make a new profile

ReikonSaisei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ReikonSaisei
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="ReikonSaisei"][QUOTE="BostonDieNasty"]

ultraking

To start over and get all the trophies. This is a great example as to why we want to delete our trophies. Missing 4 trophies from Platinum

just make a new profile

Creating a new profile would make you lose every trophy from every game. I only need 1 game's trophies to be erased as shown in the above picture.
cnx2022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cnx2022
Member since 2010 • 40 Posts

Though I am mostly an oline gamer, I am on 3rd platinum trophy already. I only want to see the games I Have or have beaten. I DO not want to see games there that I just downloaded for Demo. See, I took advantage of that one month free membership to Play Station Plus, downloaded the one hour full version demo, and now Im stuck with the DAMN freaking trophie there. WHAT THE H E L L????????? That P I S S E S the crap out of me. I am in part a platinum hunter, and this just ruins my looks. AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaarrrrhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SONY, please change this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

BostonDieNasty
Because having 0% trophy data locked onto your account forever is insanely annoying. Many people play a game for a few minutes and don't like it. I've stopped downloading those free one hour trial games because they also come with trophies, and unless you the game after you're stuck with having only 1-2%.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MushroomWig

[QUOTE="ReikonSaisei"][QUOTE="BostonDieNasty"]

ultraking

just make a new profile

New profile = Lost trophies and lost PlaystationPlus subscription.
masterds64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 masterds64
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts
Ethier leave it there or just buy the game and finish it off. You can't delete trophies/trophy list, on 360 you can, but only if none are earned...
Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
Necrothread.

Also this is awesome.

I have a legit reson to remove a trophy. Because I didn't get the damn thing. I sent my PS3 to Sony to have the Blue-Ray drive replaced (2nd time in 3 months, but thats a different stoy) When I got it back, I had Trophies for Mortal Combat Vs. DC Universe that the effn tech must have gotten, because I have never once played, or inserted that games in my console.chadvaleu
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#36 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

There wouldn't be any point deleting them, and thankfully you can't.

pgharavi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#37 pgharavi
Member since 2003 • 446 Posts

Super Stardust HD did the same thing to me. nbd.

romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts

The reason people may want to delete their trophies is because they realised that having a platinum in "Barbie Super Easy Game Hey Trophy Wh0re You Should Be Ashamed of Yourself" isn't all that shiny afterall.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MushroomWig

There wouldn't be any point deleting them, and thankfully you can't.

Venom_Raptor
Thankfully? It's no skin off your nose if people want to delete their own trophies, so why thankfully?
SummerHillard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SummerHillard
Member since 2011 • 414 Posts

Some people just don't get it.

Anyone who's even slightly obsessive-compulsive would be driven CRAZY to have trophy info always showing up for games that they regret ever having played or never took seriously in the first place.

I almost played Streets of Rage 2, which has been FREE for PS+ this past month. Good thing I realized that if I had even STARTED the game, the damn thing would have left its trophy mark on my PSN account permaneantly. The last thing I would want is some 15+ year old Genesis game showing up on my list of games for trophies. Dodged that bullet.

It all comes down to how obsessive-compulsive you are. Sony really, really dropped the ball here by not letting you delete the games from your trophies list that you don't want to keep. Some of the decisions they make are just plain stupid.

As a result, youreally have to be careful to never play any trophy-supported games that you aren't taking completely seriously on your user account that is tied to your PSN account.

OmenUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 OmenUK
Member since 2011 • 1268 Posts

can i delete game trophies the reason i ask is because i download the demo for stardust HD something like that its called. So i already deleted the demo but the trophy section didn't go with it.Ryuk-Shinigami

I understand what you mean, and unfortunately there is no way currently to remove the trophies gained from games that are either demo's, beta's or you just simply tried once and never had a intention of playing again. Would be nice as there are quite a few games I have bought, and really disliked and have no intention of playing, so don't want trophies listed for.

djvj_y2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 djvj_y2k
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts
well you see, the reason i want to delete them is, I bought Uncharted 2, and before i even got a chance to play it (I literally got to the 3rd level) my brother in law came over and played it while i was out at work, came back and hes liek "yea man, this is a sweet game, i got you to the 10th level and got all these trophies for you" Like WTF, i bought the game to enjoy it, not to have all this stupid **** done for me. the guys such a douche bagFearTheMullet
i kinda have a similar story: i was playing nba2k11 with my nephew on my main account... classic chicago bulls vs recent lakers... lakers homecourt... tie game... less than 10seconds in the game clock... lakers inbound... kobe recieves the ball... isolation one on one against the greatest ever mj(which is the team i'm controlling)..., kobe's does a bit of shake and bake, crossover..., makes a pump fake, ....., mj bites the fake.... , mj on the way down from the fake kobe pulls up the jumper.... then BAM!!!!! lakers win.... WITH THE BUZZER BEATER TROPHY.... i was like OH NOOOOO!!!!! WTF man????? cool trophy BUT i didn't earn that trophy, my nephew did.... on my maint account!!!! LOL. now i'm stuck with that trophy forever. lol.
OmenUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43 OmenUK
Member since 2011 • 1268 Posts
[QUOTE="FearTheMullet"]well you see, the reason i want to delete them is, I bought Uncharted 2, and before i even got a chance to play it (I literally got to the 3rd level) my brother in law came over and played it while i was out at work, came back and hes liek "yea man, this is a sweet game, i got you to the 10th level and got all these trophies for you" Like WTF, i bought the game to enjoy it, not to have all this stupid **** done for me. the guys such a douche bagdjvj_y2k
i kinda have a similar story: i was playing nba2k11 with my nephew on my main account... classic chicago bulls vs recent lakers... lakers homecourt... tie game... less than 10seconds in the game clock... lakers inbound... kobe recieves the ball... isolation one on one against the greatest ever mj(which is the team i'm controlling)..., kobe's does a bit of shake and bake, crossover..., makes a pump fake, ....., mj bites the fake.... , mj on the way down from the fake kobe pulls up the jumper.... then BAM!!!!! lakers win.... WITH THE BUZZER BEATER TROPHY.... i was like OH NOOOOO!!!!! WTF man????? cool trophy BUT i didn't earn that trophy, my nephew did.... on my maint account!!!! LOL. now i'm stuck with that trophy forever. lol.

That's also a problem I have too although to be honest most of the time I'd make sure he used the account i set up for him sometimes I or he or both would forget so as you say kind of feels like cheap trophies.