decided NOT TO BUY FF13

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#1 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

I was reading some news and nomura said that when he was about to design the main char, he was told to do a female version of cloud strife from FF7.

so I wont buy the game, because square cant get over with cloud and they cant make something original, why cant they just understand its a really really REALLY overrated game and character?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts
no body gives a hoot... and the people that do would have checked your BLOG ( the place this should b)
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

You're not buying the game because of one character? Your loss. Lightning is awesome.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Why can't Square Enix understand why Cloud is a sopposed "over-rated" character? Well its simple, that "over-rated" character has amde them millions. Also if that is your only reason, then too bad for you, I like Lightning, she's cool, so I'll get to enjoy FFXIII while you lurk in the corner wishing you could play.

IPwnNooBs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 IPwnNooBs666
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

Your loss, TC. When FFXIII drops I'm gonna be loving every minute of it!:D

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18834 Posts
i thought PS3 wont buy it because Sqaure had to gimped the PS3 version so it can look like the 360 version.
gamerlifegrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamerlifegrace
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts
[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

I was reading some news and nomura said that when he was about to design the main char, he was told to do a female version of cloud strife from FF7.

so I wont buy the game, because square cant get over with cloud and they cant make something original, why cant they just understand its a really really REALLY overrated game and character?

Youre just mad becuase your second rate character that you have for your picture is going to be erased from existence!!!
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
that's fine. i think your judgment is severely misguided, but it's fine nonetheless... enjoy not playing an awesome game.
ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts

Thats seems like a weird reason not to buy. Im on the fence bout it cuz i didnt like 12 much. Thought it was boring. Wish they go back to something like 10. I miss summoning as well.

aznpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aznpickle
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts

Thats seems like a weird reason not to buy. Im on the fence bout it cuz i didnt like 12 much. Thought it was boring. Wish they go back to something like 10. I miss summoning as well.

ez_moneymaker
10 was fantastic. 12 was pretty good too but the story wasnt as good.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i read on ign that SE is (maybe "was". however, this was about a year ago so it still seems like it was too late to change gears after this) trying to balance the story so no one character gets the star treatment. im sure lightning will be among the major playable characters, but im betting that others will get their time to shine to a degree that you should be able to overlook your annoyance with SE remembering which of its games remain popular years later.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Well thats a odd reason not to buy the game. Oh well your lost I guess.

DepressionMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#13 DepressionMoon
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts
i thought PS3 wont buy it because Sqaure had to gimped the PS3 version so it can look like the 360 version.PSP107
It's actually more than that Square said at first that the 360 version won't compromise the PS3 version. Then just a few weeks ago in aninterview one of them said that some of the sidequest and gameplay elements would have to to be cut and moved along with the japanese audio because the 360 version would need a couple of more discs for it in addition to the ones that it already has. I'm struggling to decide if I'll buy it myself since they lied to their customers yet again.
KzJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KzJoe
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

lightleggy
It's not even out yet and you aren't getting it for the stupidest reason ever created ever! Cloud Strife is the man and Final Fantasy 7 isn't overrated the gamers give it an average of 9.6 on gamespot and gamespot gave it 9.5 You are not cool dissing on FF7
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18834 Posts
[QUOTE="PSP107"]i thought PS3 wont buy it because Sqaure had to gimped the PS3 version so it can look like the 360 version.DepressionMoon
It's actually more than that Square said at first that the 360 version won't compromise the PS3 version. Then just a few weeks ago in aninterview one of them said that some of the sidequest and gameplay elements would have to to be cut and moved along with the japanese audio because the 360 version would need a couple of more discs for it in addition to the ones that it already has. I'm struggling to decide if I'll buy it myself since they lied to their customers yet again.

i wonder how much dough MS gave them.
ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts

[QUOTE="PSP107"]i thought PS3 wont buy it because Sqaure had to gimped the PS3 version so it can look like the 360 version.DepressionMoon

I didnt know that. Wish they would keep the main games just on Sony. I hate multi plats. Sux that ps3 is ahead of the competitors in terms of tech. Already had to wait this long cuz of 360. Now this.

randino84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 randino84
Member since 2009 • 457 Posts
uh...ok? i think lightning will be a great character in what will be a great game. your loss man =/
gamerlifegrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamerlifegrace
[QUOTE="DepressionMoon"][QUOTE="PSP107"]i thought PS3 wont buy it because Sqaure had to gimped the PS3 version so it can look like the 360 version.PSP107

i wonder how much dough MS gave them.

Dough thats enough for people to sell their soul to the devil. lol!!!!!
gamerlifegrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamerlifegrace

Also, can you give me a link to that article?
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Im gonna buy it, day one for me..... and I think the game is gonna be great.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

lol, I don't think SE is pulling their hair out because you won't buy their game, what was the point of this topic again? Just because you don't like FFVII means nothing, its the most well recieved ff game so wanting to duplicate that is smart buisness imo.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
im waitin for versus to be honest with u, but if versus goes to xbox 360 which i dont mind as long as ps3 owners get it as well, but if they decide to dump down the graphics on that then versus will be my last SE game id buy. im really hyped about versus thats why im still gettin it no matter wat, but SE are freakin liars
get-ka12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 get-ka12
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts
He has a Yuna avatar, I'm confused.
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

I won't be buying this game because I haven't enjoyed a Final Fantasy game since IX.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
W-w-wait... because of a... character design? :|
akuma_od3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 akuma_od3
Member since 2009 • 583 Posts

lightleggy

Be my guest and miss out on a frikken awesome game then. More for us then.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#27 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
*Whoosh*
Rush2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rush2k
Member since 2004 • 651 Posts

lightleggy
I wouldn't read too much into it. They have a few common traits, but I wouldn't compare them...he is jus throwing names out to get people's attention, don't worry. You shouldn't miss out on an (hopefully) awesome game, because of things like this.
get-ka12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 get-ka12
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

Rush2k

I wouldn't read too much into it. They have a few common traits, but I wouldn't compare them...he is jus throwing names out to get people's attention, don't worry. You shouldn't miss out on an (hopefully) awesome game, because of things like this.

The character does look vaguely like Cloud (on left), but all of Square's protagonists look like that. :P

http://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/2009/214/928790_20090803_790screen011.jpg

lukas1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lukas1051
Member since 2008 • 687 Posts

This is like asking why Nintendo keep making Mario games, we all know he's a crap character, but people still buy the games.

adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

i know what you mean they, the characters do seem kinda cookie cutter with m&ms cookie dough, alot of detail but no real depth in the flavour...

The gameplay doesn't seem particularly attractive either, they want to make it look like devil may cry yet they still have it turn based.

Would love to be wrong.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

Yea I read that too. So what, Lightning rocks, and FF13 will too.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lightleggy
[QUOTE="JKnaperek"][QUOTE="lightleggy"]

Yea I read that too. So what, Lightning rocks, and FF13 will too.

if FF13 sucks or gets 8.0 and less im gonna laugh the **** out of anyone who said "ZOMG THE GAME WILL BE TEH ROCKZ!!!" btw, chill out, it seems as you guys would actually care if im not the buying the game
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

KzJoe

It's not even out yet and you aren't getting it for the stupidest reason ever created ever! Cloud Strife is the man and Final Fantasy 7 isn't overrated the gamers give it an average of 9.6 on gamespot and gamespot gave it 9.5 You are not cool dissing on FF7

ff7 is OVERRATED, BADLY OVERRATED people just love FF7 because it was the first FF in "3d" to hit the PSX, the graphics were horrible and you cant fight that, the history was decent and the characters were annoying. its the same as GTA4, everyone love it cuz it was the first for a next gen console, but san andreas is way better still san andreas got 9.5 and IV got 10 Overrateness at it finest

btw yuna is in my av cuz I love FFX, that doesn't mean im asking for nomura to make another character basing in yuna or auron

Knivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Knivez0r
Member since 2006 • 1467 Posts
Blog it. I'm sure no one cares. Not to be rude.
philip6k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 philip6k
Member since 2006 • 1365 Posts
[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

i decided TO HAVE CHICKEN FOR DINNER, who cares
GingerDeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GingerDeadMan
Member since 2009 • 807 Posts

I guess it's a good thing I've hated every Final Fantasy game.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

I don't understand how the character design of one character (a pretty awesome one at that) can completely deter you from buying this game, but if you don't want it don't get.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

[QUOTE="Rush2k"][QUOTE="lightleggy"]

get-ka12

The character does look vaguely like Cloud (on left), but all of Square's protagonists look like that. :P

http://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/2009/214/928790_20090803_790screen011.jpg

That looks pretty good.... I like it.

hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

lol im still getting FF13 no matter what! :evil:

Sgt_Phan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sgt_Phan
Member since 2006 • 819 Posts

i mean its your choice it doesnt mean that Square enix going to go out of business!!! LOLZ:lol:

You just need to STOP living in this fantasy world

BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

okay good for you but while your sitting there complaining about how the main characters from 2 different games are similar eventhough the story and gameplay are comepletely different ill be off playing FFXIII and loveing every second of it

keabrown79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 keabrown79
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

lightleggy
Mario is an overrated character but that never stops Nintendo
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

I don't get it. The TC doesn't want to pcik up FFXIII because of the characters designs but, he's a fan of FFX. IMO FFX has some of the worst cast of characters and designs in a FF tittle.

DepressionMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#45 DepressionMoon
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts
[QUOTE="DepressionMoon"][QUOTE="PSP107"]i thought PS3 wont buy it because Sqaure had to gimped the PS3 version so it can look like the 360 version.gamerlifegrace

Also, can you give me a link to that article?

http://xbox360.qj.net/Contrary-to-what-Square-Enix-would-have-us-believe-FFXIII-PS3-IS-compromised/pg/49/aid/134299
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Symphonycometh
He has a Yuna avatar, I'm confused.get-ka12
I often wonder if we would even have forums if people made more sense.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

btw, chill out, it seems as you guys would actually care if im not the buying the gamelightleggy

Then why post about it in the first place? You obviously posted this in order to get some sort of reaction out of people.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Symphonycometh

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] btw, chill out, it seems as you guys would actually care if im not the buying the gameyokofox33

Then why post about it in the first place? You obviously posted this in order to get some sort of reaction out of people.

*Implodes to logic*
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#49 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

This is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard. Next to the time someone told me Uncharted sucks because the character isnt realistic enough.

Dragdar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Dragdar
Member since 2009 • 448 Posts

If i never buy ff13 it is because a) 360 is gonna slow it down (in terms of quality) b) if the combat is not as tactical as ff10 c) because the setting (art style, ambience) is not as appealing to me as ff8 or ff10 d) i'm generally not all that hyped up about it e) the main character is a fning* female EMO (her emotianl state just seems so forced) , i like happy go lucky guys and girls in main roles