• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chillin_penguin
chillin_penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chillin_penguin
Member since 2006 • 106 Posts

with dreamworks, paramount now refusing to release there films on blu ray having picked hd i was wondering how this might affect the the ps3 as with 2 or the 3 major film makers picking hd this may ruin the ps3 sending game prices already higher! and also reduces films u can watch on the ps3 as im sure sony will never allow there rival to sell films on there website for ps3?

COULD THIS LEAD TO THE DOWNFALL AND DEATH OF THE PS3 AS A ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM?

fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts
sigh
Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts

with dreamworks, paramount now refusing to release there films on blu ray having picked hd i was wondering how this might affect the the ps3 as with 2 or the 3 major film makers picking hd this may ruin the ps3 sending game prices already higher! and also reduces films u can watch on the ps3 as im sure sony will never allow there rival to sell films on there website for ps3?

chillin_penguin

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
i miss the time when people talked about games on this forum.
Hoshslatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Hoshslatz
Member since 2005 • 688 Posts
this topic is gonna get locked
Sora311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sora311
Member since 2006 • 661 Posts
wow i hope your kidding, it's not changing anything, poeple keep forgetting the power of Disney's vault. Goodness.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

@chillin

What are you talking about??? The Paramount deal is only for 18months anyway. And why would game prices go any higher?

Avatar image for solidsnaketight
solidsnaketight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 solidsnaketight
Member since 2006 • 823 Posts
im sorry but paramount just (insert sig here) themselves
septicfrotteur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 septicfrotteur
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts

chillin_penguin

i would love to hear you explain how this turn of events would raise game prices.....

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#11 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

chillin_penguin

Lock this please. Those with a bit more knowledge of Blu-ray and its supporters shouldn't find this topic relevant.

gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts

chillin_penguin
Stay informed... http://www.blu-ray.com/news/
freediro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freediro
Member since 2006 • 3782 Posts
[QUOTE="chillin_penguin"]

Symphonycometh

Lock this please. Those with a bit more knowledge of Blu-ray and its supporters shouldn't find this topic relevant.

thank you also if you noticed Speilberg who works alot with paramount is forcing them to release all his movies on both formats, mainly because he has showed more ineterest in blu-ray, plus Lucas is releasing close encounters on blu-ray showing support and if Star Wars was released, which is FOX which is blu-ray exclusive, that would almost be one of the final nails in the coffin, also the got paramount because more then likely the blu-ray association will get universal to start making blu-rays.

so yeah dont make stupid post where you dont know what oyur talking about.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"][QUOTE="chillin_penguin"]

freediro

thank you also if you noticed Speilberg who works alot with paramount is forcing them to release all his movies on both formats, mainly because he has showed more ineterest in blu-ray, plus Lucas is releasing close encounters on blu-ray showing support and if Star Wars was released, which is FOX which is blu-ray exclusive, that would almost be one of the final nails in the coffin, also the got paramount because more then likely the blu-ray association will get universal to start making blu-rays.

The more we know. ;)

Thanks, because I didn't want to post any information. :P

PapaGlide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 PapaGlide
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
wow wtf mate
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Symphonycometh

wow wtf matePapaGlide

Me or the original poster?

other44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 other44
Member since 2007 • 1494 Posts
isn't this what happened with the advent of the 'DVD' anyway...
septicfrotteur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 septicfrotteur
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts

isn't this what happened with the advent of the 'DVD' anyway...other44

i apologize

what were you saying?

i found myself staring at your sig, then drooling, and then somehow ignoring everything else on the page...text or otherwise :D :D

mgsbethatgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mgsbethatgame
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

chillin_penguin

you do know that micheal bay and speilberg are mad about this right so paramount has shot themselfs in the foot

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Symphonycometh
Mods arn't doing their jobs again I see....
jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 jdt532
Member since 2003 • 4236 Posts
I wish Fox would release the Star Wars saga on Blu-Ray and end the HD war once and for all cause this is getting tiresome. All the HD-DVD camp did was prolonged the inevitable....
stevoluvmunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stevoluvmunch
Member since 2005 • 1176 Posts

freediro

lol talk aob ut not knowing what your talking about. Universal just turned down blu rays most significant offer to date. Universal is not switching sides. good try though

stevoluvmunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 stevoluvmunch

mgsbethatgame

you do know that micheal bay and speilberg are mad about this right so paramount has shot themselfs in the foot

michael bay is not mad. He has done rsearch for himself and now realizes hd dvd is the best. please stop spouting these lies.

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

chillin_penguin

u do realize that the only reason paramount is exclusive is because they got paid 150 million right?
also so they lost one.. they still have like 80% of the major studios

honestly... u not too bright

shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts
just get regular dvds. seriously, f them all, im not spening more money on a movie i can get for 20 dollars form wal mart.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="mgsbethatgame"][QUOTE="chillin_penguin"]

stevoluvmunch

michael bay is not mad. He has done rsearch for himself and now realizes hd dvd is the best. please stop spouting these lies.

YEAH! Best in sales! Best in resolution! Best in library! Best in...wait...What on Earth were you referring to as "Best"?

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Symphonycometh

just get regular dvds. seriously, f them all, im not spening more money on a movie i can get for 20 dollars form wal mart.shroom76

4 bucks more and you gen a higher def.;)

At least where I live. (Dallas Georgia)

stevoluvmunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 stevoluvmunch
[QUOTE="stevoluvmunch"][QUOTE="mgsbethatgame"][QUOTE="chillin_penguin"]

Symphonycometh

YEAH! Best in sales! Best in resolution! Best in library! Best in...wait...What on Earth were you referring to as "Best"?

best players, best prices. He even mentions prices in his statement. Nice try!

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"][QUOTE="stevoluvmunch"][QUOTE="mgsbethatgame"][QUOTE="chillin_penguin"]

stevoluvmunch

Ah price...anything else? I don't care about his opinions when so many more say a different tale...

tfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tfaa
Member since 2003 • 362 Posts
I dont think the HD-DVD group has enough money to con studios to support only hd-dvd. thats the only reason why paramount did it. it was because they got a sh** load of money shoved in their face......its defintely not the end of blu ray especially now that universal is considering of coming to blu ray also.....
stevoluvmunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 stevoluvmunch
[QUOTE="stevoluvmunch"][QUOTE="Symphonycometh"][QUOTE="stevoluvmunch"][QUOTE="mgsbethatgame"][QUOTE="chillin_penguin"]

Symphonycometh

Ah price...anything else? I don't care about his opinions when so many more say a different tale...

Being a follower your entire life will never get you the best of things.Do some research for yourself. Do research on sites that arent paid and run by sony or toshiba. But dont just follow blindly like most sony lovers. You lose out in the end my friend,

stevoluvmunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 stevoluvmunch

I dont think the HD-DVD group has enough money to con studios to support only hd-dvd. thats the only reason why paramount did it. it was because they got a sh** load of money shoved in their face......its defintely not the end of blu ray especially now that universal is considering of coming to blu ray also.....tfaa

you guys sure can come up with some BS cant ya? Universal is not going neutral. It was just in the news that blu ray brought hteir biggest offer to the table and UNI refused and blu ray said it was their last chance. I even have the interview with universals president. Stop the sony lies and propoganda people!

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#33 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
This does indeed suck:(
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"][QUOTE="stevoluvmunch"][QUOTE="Symphonycometh"][QUOTE="stevoluvmunch"][QUOTE="mgsbethatgame"][QUOTE="chillin_penguin"]

stevoluvmunch

Being a follower your entire life will never get you the best of things.Do some research for yourself. Do research on sites that arent paid and run by sony or toshiba. But dont just follow blindly like most sony lovers. You lose out in the end my friend,

EGM is no Sony lover. (Lair anyone?) Yet they also said Blu-ray was the way to go if you're looking for top quality.

And HEY! I like being a follower! It keeps me from leading! :P

cell1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cell1138
Member since 2006 • 1758 Posts

freediro

agreed. awesome sig btw
stevoluvmunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 stevoluvmunch
[QUOTE="stevoluvmunch"][QUOTE="Symphonycometh"][QUOTE="stevoluvmunch"][QUOTE="Symphonycometh"][QUOTE="stevoluvmunch"][QUOTE="mgsbethatgame"][QUOTE="chillin_penguin"]

Symphonycometh

EGM is no Sony lover. (Lair anyone?) Yet they also said Blu-ray was the way to go if you're looking for top quality.

And HEY! I like being a follower! It keeps me from leading! :P

Thats a gaming magazine...

stevoluvmunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 stevoluvmunch
Here is michaels post about liking hd dvd http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2304
aztecnero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 aztecnero
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts
Why do all these people act like they are personally vested in the HD format wars? I bought my PS3 in order to play games, not because I prefer blu-ray over HD-DVD. Unless you guys have stock in either of these camps, it shouldn't be so important to you either. May the best format win. Geez.
PychoSerenity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PychoSerenity
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts

xxgunslingerxx

u do realize that the only reason paramount is exclusive is because they got paid 150 million right?
also so they lost one.. they still have like 80% of the major studios

honestly... u not too bright

$150 MIL is MYTH not FACT based on HEARSAY. SONY,FOX and DISNEY vs UNIVESAL & PARAMONT = 66%/33% with many smaller ones under all. Fact

BTW BLU-ray mean to PS3 what HD-DVD means to XBOX 360 what dvd means to PS2 and xbox. NOTHING! its the games on each Console that have meaning! not a disk format!

soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts
almost everyone else is supporting blu-ray. so no. and lets talk about the ps3 on a ps3 forum, not blu-ray
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Symphonycometh

Why do all these people act like they are personally vested in the HD format wars? I bought my PS3 in order to play games, not because I prefer blu-ray over HD-DVD. Unless you guys have stock in either of these camps, it shouldn't be so important to you either. May the best format win. Geez.aztecnero

Unless....if Blu-ray loses, it affects what happens to our games....just a thought.

How? I don't know, Sony has done weirder things before...

imafreshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 imafreshman
Member since 2004 • 221 Posts
Everybody has to understand that this is ps3 related. We can't get mad at the mods for not taking this down. It has to do with ps3, and it is true, not just a rumor like half of the other threads. So lets deal with this post with dignity and respect.
UnitFoxHound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 UnitFoxHound
Member since 2004 • 491 Posts
You obviously forget the PS3 can also play normal DVD so it isn't limited to only blu-ray movies... and companies who support blu-ray
tfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tfaa
Member since 2003 • 362 Posts

[QUOTE="tfaa"]I dont think the HD-DVD group has enough money to con studios to support only hd-dvd. thats the only reason why paramount did it. it was because they got a sh** load of money shoved in their face......its defintely not the end of blu ray especially now that universal is considering of coming to blu ray also.....stevoluvmunch

you guys sure can come up with some BS cant ya? Universal is not going neutral. It was just in the news that blu ray brought hteir biggest offer to the table and UNI refused and blu ray said it was their last chance. I even have the interview with universals president. Stop the sony lies and propoganda people!

Ya, ok, the only reason why i stated the universal going neutral thing was because it was mentioned in the IGN pod cast. wether anyone listens to that i dont know but either way it's be nice if they would.

bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts

[QUOTE="aztecnero"]Why do all these people act like they are personally vested in the HD format wars? I bought my PS3 in order to play games, not because I prefer blu-ray over HD-DVD. Unless you guys have stock in either of these camps, it shouldn't be so important to you either. May the best format win. Geez.Symphonycometh

Unless....if Blu-ray loses, it affects what happens to our games....just a thought.

If Blu-Ray "loses" then the format does not cease to exsist. That is games still be made on them.
stevoluvmunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 stevoluvmunch
[QUOTE="stevoluvmunch"]

[QUOTE="tfaa"]I dont think the HD-DVD group has enough money to con studios to support only hd-dvd. thats the only reason why paramount did it. it was because they got a sh** load of money shoved in their face......its defintely not the end of blu ray especially now that universal is considering of coming to blu ray also.....tfaa

Ya, ok, the only reason why i stated the universal going neutral thing was because it was mentioned in the IGN pod cast. wether anyone listens to that i dont know but either way it's be nice if they would.

your the 2nd or 3rd person to tell me that theyve heard news on next gen hi def formats from a gaming source. I dont know whats going on with that. but dont trust it unless its from a movie source like avsforum or highdefdigest

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]

[QUOTE="aztecnero"]Why do all these people act like they are personally vested in the HD format wars? I bought my PS3 in order to play games, not because I prefer blu-ray over HD-DVD. Unless you guys have stock in either of these camps, it shouldn't be so important to you either. May the best format win. Geez.bunchofpixels

If Blu-Ray "loses" then the format does not cease to exsist. That is games still be made on them.

As I said: Sony has done weirder things...

Do I really need to post some links up of huge and dumb moves made by Sony or those who work for it?

bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts
[QUOTE="bunchofpixels"][QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]

[QUOTE="aztecnero"]Why do all these people act like they are personally vested in the HD format wars? I bought my PS3 in order to play games, not because I prefer blu-ray over HD-DVD. Unless you guys have stock in either of these camps, it shouldn't be so important to you either. May the best format win. Geez.Symphonycometh

Do I really need to post some links up of huge and dumb moves made by Sony or those who work for it?

Sorry, but what are you talking about? Please post some links of "huge and dumb moves."
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"][QUOTE="bunchofpixels"][QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]

[QUOTE="aztecnero"]Why do all these people act like they are personally vested in the HD format wars? I bought my PS3 in order to play games, not because I prefer blu-ray over HD-DVD. Unless you guys have stock in either of these camps, it shouldn't be so important to you either. May the best format win. Geez.bunchofpixels

Sorry, but what are you talking about? Please post some links of "huge and dumb moves."

http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/07/13/ps3-price-cut-is-fake/

There's one for sure.

But I can see where this goes...do we continue the loop, or can we just leave it as opinions like its going to end up?

gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts
$150 MIL is MYTH not FACT based on HEARSAY. SONY,FOX and DISNEY vs UNIVESAL & PARAMONT = 66%/33% with many smaller ones under all. Fact BTW BLU-ray mean to PS3 what HD-DVD means to XBOX 360 what dvd means to PS2 and xbox. NOTHING! its the games on each Console that have meaning! not a disk format!PychoSerenity
Lets see them deny it. We already know that the DVD Forum paid them. It's not like it's some big secret. NY Times Confirms $150M Pay-off to Paramount "Paramount and DreamWorks Animation together will receive about $150 million in financial incentives for their commitment to HD DVD, according to two Viacom executives with knowledge of the deal but who asked not to be identified. The incentives will come in a combination of cash and promotional guarantees."