Dead Space or Resistance 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fantom513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 fantom513
Member since 2008 • 222 Posts

So I've had my eyes on Dead Space for a while and I finally decided I was going to pick it up at Gamestop tomorrow. However, when I went on their website to check their hours I found out that Resistance 2 comes out Tuesday. I wasn't interested at first because I played the demo of the first one and found it to be okay, but after reading about it and watching some videos it looks like Resistance 2 has improved quite a bit since the first one, and the online looks awesome. Which one do you guys think I should get?

Also, for any of you who have completed Dead Space maybe you could tell me how long it took because I don't want to buy a game that I can finish in only 6 hours.

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts
You really can't go wrong with either choice. Resistance 2 will obviously give you far more playtime (if you're really into online play). However, I still recommend at least playing/renting Dead Space at some point because it's fantastic. I've played through it 3 times now; first playthrough was about 20 hours (really took my time going through), the other two plays were around 10-12 hours each.
fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts
i remember playing the resistance demo a year ago and i wasn't impressed but i kept reading good reviews about it so i got it when i got my tax return and once i got the controls down and learned how to use the different guns i loved it , i went to gamecrazy yesterday to get deadspace after reading nothing but great reviews about it, i'm still learning the controls but what everyone has said about it so far they're right it's a beautiful game, i also paid off my preorder for R2 while i was there, if you only have enough money for one i would suggest R2 because of replay value and the online WILL be amazing but i also suggest picking up deadspace, from what i've read it's 12 levels around 2 hours apiece. sorry for the long post
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
No doubt Resistance.
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
Dead Space offers no multiplayer, so if that's a big deal to you then Resistance 2 would be the better choice.
vivelaps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vivelaps3
Member since 2007 • 1060 Posts
Two very very good games , difficult choice. Buy resistance 2 if you have not enoguh money to buy the two games. It just going to be amazing !
ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 ShadowBass989
Member since 2004 • 1734 Posts
tough, tough. dead space your first time through will take round 20 or so hours. im on my second time through and i kinda just jog through it now. but dead space is one heck of a game. something u dont need to pass up. now resistance 2, it isnt out yet, but the folks at insomniac havent messed up a game yet. the ratchet and clank series r amazing and the first resistance was very good. save up some money and get both, u cant go wrong.
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts
Resistance 2 now - Dead Space later. It's single-player only so you're not missing anything by waiting to get it and play it - plus, it might get cheaper by the time you pick it up.
gowthamspa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 gowthamspa
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
Buy Resistance 2. B'coz you can get lot of playtime from it. Rent dead space, it is also a game must be played.
gowthamspa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 gowthamspa
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
Buy Resistance 2. B'coz you can get lot of playtime from it. Rent dead space, it is also a game must be played.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Dead Space is fun but Resistance 2 should take priority.
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Well a TPS Horror game vs. a Cool FPS game so hard to say. If you love the Survival Horror Genre then Dead Space(or just plain hate FPSs) but otherwise i'd say Resistance 2

Fathead420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fathead420
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts
I rented dead space cause there are 5 must have games for oct and nov for me. already got 3 of em and 2 more tomorrow. Dead Space is a great game and a must play, i rented and beat it in about a week on regular diffuculty. Maybe if becomes a greatist hit and drops in price i'll buy and get the rest of the trophys...
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
dead space > resistance 2
ludacriss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ludacriss
Member since 2005 • 1150 Posts
I'll get both.
fantom513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fantom513

Just picked up Dead Space. (Now saving up for Resistance 2)

Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts

i havnt played dead space yet...but i heard its really scary

so it depends if u want a scary game or a game with tons of replay value and is awesome

ExtremeOne316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ExtremeOne316
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

Dead Space

sunkcontrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sunkcontrol
Member since 2006 • 368 Posts
both ... dead space first , should take you no more than 13 hours to complete and then trade in for resistance 2 .. dead space is a great game
akechi419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 akechi419
Member since 2004 • 32 Posts
resistance 2 beta was ok but thats the problem. r1 and r2 are mediocre. dead space i owned as well. best for single player experience but for multiplayer stick to BC (especially since they add new stuff for FREE all the time, didnt pay to get special weapons either)and COD:MW.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
Ok, people, there's no need to keep on with this as the TC already bought Dead Space... which makes me wonder why he created this topic if he did the exact opposite of what everybody said.
fantom513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fantom513

Ok, people, there's no need to keep on with this as the TC already bought Dead Space... which makes me wonder why he created this topic if he did the exact opposite of what everybody said.GreenGoblin2099

1.) Not everybody said to buy Resistance 2, most agreed Dead Space was a good horror survival, which in the end I decided that was what I was looking for

2.) The guy at Gamestop let me play Dead Space first on the PS3 in the store and I loved it.

3.) I asked for some opinions to get a better idea of how good the games were and pick the one I thought I would like better, not so I could pick the game the majority of the responders agreed upon.

4.) I said I was saving up for Resistance 2 I didn't say I wasn't getting it. Before starting this topic I wasn't sure if I would buy R2, but I now I know I will buy it some time in the future.

Dead Space is an incredible game so far and it just keeps getting better

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]Ok, people, there's no need to keep on with this as the TC already bought Dead Space... which makes me wonder why he created this topic if he did the exact opposite of what everybody said.fantom513

1.) Not everybody said to buy Resistance 2, most agreed Dead Space was a good horror survival, which in the end I decided that was what I was looking for

2.) The guy at Gamestop let me play Dead Space first on the PS3 in the store and I loved it.

3.) I asked for some opinions to get a better idea of how good the games were not so I could pick the game that I wanted, not the one that the majority of the people chose.

Incredible game so far and it just keeps getting better

Hey don't take it the wrong way, I was barely trying to make a point because:

1) Most people agreed that DS is a great game, but they also said R2 was the way to go.

2) Cool, but I think the guy at Gamestop could do the same with R2 because the release date is not here yet.

3) If you wanted DS, why even ask??

Anyway, I'm not trying to argue here and I'm glad that you're enjoying the game you wanted in the 1st place. Trust me, I always try to encourage people on doing so... so much that some people here think I'm some kind of troll.

ElPadilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ElPadilla
Member since 2007 • 609 Posts

Get both they're both amazing games