This topic is locked from further discussion.

noPainNoGAME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 noPainNoGAME
Member since 2007 • 92 Posts

is it worth getting? i have played a lot of zomibes games

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
it does have its cons, but the game is good. open world, so much to do. lots of zombies. makes u really feel ur in a survival horror game. overall its 8.5 in my book and its def worth getting
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
overall its 8.5 in my book JoKeR_421
have you beat it yet? :O
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts
it does have its cons, but the game is good. open world, so much to do. lots of zombies. makes u really feel ur in a survival horror game. overall its 8.5 in my book and its def worth gettingJoKeR_421
awesome, getting it this weekend.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"] overall its 8.5 in my book MethodManFTW
have you beat it yet? :O

i just got it about day and a half ago. i only put 2 hrs into it lol....but from what i see , what i played, what there was to offer i made my judgement. one of my friends beat it, he said its a 9 in his book he loves zombies though lol
d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#7 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Unfortunately it's not Left 4 Dead. No offline multiplayer which is a huge drag.

The Bloodbath Area code that came with the pre-order isn't active yet. A sure sign of a game pushed out before it was ready.

I just started it and I think people interested should watch some YouTube videos to see if it's their bag.

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
it's surprisingly good
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
go and buy dead island its great game
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Get it you won't be dissapointed.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Just played it a couple hours last night, but I'm having a good time with it. Really like the open world island environment, and there seems to be a huge amount of stuff to do.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
its a awesome game so far one of the best i have played this year i wish it wasn't in first person but thats a slight annoyance
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Oh my god I can't believe how much fun it is to smack a zombie in the face with a paddle! This game is fantastic. Combat is fun and atmosphere is fantastic. All quirks aside, this is one of the best things I've played this year.
Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

I haven't had this much fun with a game in a long while, co-op is great as well.

strangestguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 strangestguy
Member since 2005 • 437 Posts

Unfortunately it's not Left 4 Dead.

d_parker

Well the box title does say Dead island instead of Left 4 Dead o_O

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#16 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Is Dead Island co-op on the same system or just online?

Lauryn2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#17 Lauryn2000
Member since 2005 • 2582 Posts

It's worth it...especially if you have then follow you into the water.
A swift kick to the face hard enough,they will fall and you can proceed in kicking them til they drown....LOL!!

Sportsgal501 (gamertag)

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts

Unfortunately it's not Left 4 Dead. No offline multiplayer which is a huge drag.

The Bloodbath Area code that came with the pre-order isn't active yet. A sure sign of a game pushed out before it was ready.

I just started it and I think people interested should watch some YouTube videos to see if it's their bag.

d_parker
LOL. Trust me no one was thinking it was supposed to be like L4D. That's like saying people are expecting Dark Souls to be like GTA.
killev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 killev
Member since 2010 • 657 Posts

Best open world zombie game ever created!!

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

i got it for 49.99 canadians at best buy so far i am loving it. has some small bugs but over all its a great zombie game. if you like fall out its a lot like that in some ways. Its not really a horror game but some times it can get better scary.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#21 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

[QUOTE="d_parker"]

MC-Reap

LOL. Trust me no one was thinking it was supposed to be like L4D. That's like saying people are expecting Dark Souls to be like GTA.

I was kinda wishing and hoping it'd be like Left 4 Dead.

I mean, seriously why hasn't some ripped off that idea already. It seems every other game idea gets lifted - I'd settle for a Gameloft sub par clone at this point.

edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
It's a super fun game. About 8 hours in and loving it
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i didn't like this game at all, overall i prefered L4D, but if you never played that game, i guess this game can suffice

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MrSelf-Destruct

i didn't like this game at all, overall i prefered L4D, but if you never played that game, i guess this game can suffice

killerband55
They're completely different games. I played both and can say that Dead Island is much more my speed.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

[QUOTE="killerband55"]

MrSelf-Destruct

They're completely different games. I played both and can say that Dead Island is much more my speed.

they're not 100% different, they both have a co-op feature (though Dead Island does not have a split-screen feature), i mean yes this game is similar to Dead Rising as well, but i dunno, this game got a 7 on Gamespot for a reason

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts

killerband55
well yeah ones a rpg and ones a fast paced rpg dead island is closer to borderlands over left for dead, and thats how i tell people what its like but instead of being in a post apocalyptic world its a huge island of zombies and take out random guns and put in more random melee weapons, the only thing this game has in common with l4d is different kinds of zombies and always drop in and out online play
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrSelf-Destruct

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="killerband55"]

killerband55

they're not 100% different, they both have a co-op feature (though Dead Island does not have a split-screen feature), i mean yes this game is similar to Dead Rising as well, but i dunno, this game got a 7 on Gamespot for a reason

The only real similarity is zombies and four player co-op. It pretty much ends there. The gameplay and setting is completely different. The overall structure of the games are nothing alike. And it got a 7 on GameSpot because the reviewer thought it deserved a 7. It got 8s in a lot of other places for the same reason.
MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MC-Reap
[QUOTE="killerband55"]

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] They're completely different games. I played both and can say that Dead Island is much more my speed. MrSelf-Destruct

The only real similarity is zombies and four player co-op. It pretty much ends there. The gameplay and setting is completely different. The overall structure of the games are nothing alike. And it got a 7 on GameSpot because the reviewer thought it deserved a 7. It got 8s in a lot of other places for the same reason.

Yeah I don't think just because it's zombies and co op makes it like L4D. That's crazy. If you all want L4D so much go download it on PC or something, and let the rest of us that KNEW this was going to be AN RPG, have fun playing it. I mean jeez did you guys think Fallout New Vegas was going to be like L4D too?
Avatar image for Wetworks_Gunner
Wetworks_Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Wetworks_Gunner
Member since 2011 • 153 Posts

wait so the only way to play multiplayer is online? wdf!

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MC-Reap
I just noticed that one of the trophies for the game is called "Right 4 Life." It's the opposite of Left 4 Dead. haaa :P
Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts
[QUOTE="MC-Reap"][QUOTE="d_parker"]

your kidding right? Do you even know what you just said? First of all the game looks a lot like Left 4 Dead. and that comparison you just made.... made no sense what so ever dark souls is in no way shape or form even in the same category as gta. l4D and dead island are and it is pretty much the same game. so again i hope you were just joking but if not then what you said was completely unintelligable. Not saying the game doesn't look good but it does look like a L4D rip off and to be honest i wasn't a fan of l4D so i probably won't like this game either.
MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MC-Reap

[QUOTE="MC-Reap"][QUOTE="d_parker"]

Foulcry

your kidding right? Do you even know what you just said? First of all the game looks a lot like Left 4 Dead. and that comparison you just made.... made no sense what so ever dark souls is in no way shape or form even in the same category as gta. l4D and dead island are and it is pretty much the same game. so again i hope you were just joking but if not then what you said was completely unintelligable. Not saying the game doesn't look good but it does look like a L4D rip off and to be honest i wasn't a fan of l4D so i probably won't like this game either.

haha, okayyyy. The comparison made no sense on purpose, I was making a point. It making no sense was the point. Me comparing Demons souls to GTA is completely ridiculous, which again, was my point, that you guys comparing this game to L4D is ridiculous. So then every zombie game that is an FPS automatically looks and is supposed to be like L4D now? That's what I'm getting at. Here's the logic you all are making: L4D has zombies and co op> Dead Island has zombies and co op> Therefore, Dead Island is L4D. That's incorrect logic. Anyone that was tracking this game and knew anything about it knew it was an RPG. The fact that this game is an RPG automatically makes it nothing like L4D.

You said L4D and Dead Island are pretty much the same game. I don't need to go any further then because I can just stop there. You haven't played Dead Island, I have. L4D includes guns and LOTS of zombies. When I played L4D, going through a whole level later in the game saw me killing 1,000 zombies. I've been playing dead Island for several several hours and haven't come close to killing that many zombies, and this many hours into it, I just now got a gun which only had 50 bullets and that was it. All my other kills have been melee kills..

**Edited for sake of trying not to sound like I'm yelling.

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Foulcry

[QUOTE="Foulcry"][QUOTE="MC-Reap"] LOL. Trust me no one was thinking it was supposed to be like L4D. That's like saying people are expecting Dark Souls to be like GTA. MC-Reap

haha, okayyyy. The comparison made no sense on purpose, I was making a point. It making no sense was the point. Me comparing Demons souls to GTA is completely ridiculous, which again, was my point, that you guys comparing this game to L4D is ridiculous. So then every zombie game that is an FPS automatically looks and is supposed to be like L4D now? That's what I'm getting at. Here's the logic you all are making: L4D has zombies and co op> Dead Island has zombies and co op> Therefore, Dead Island is L4D. That's incorrect logic. Anyone that was tracking this game and knew anything about it knew it was an RPG. The fact that this game is an RPG automatically makes it nothing like L4D.

You said L4D and Dead Island are pretty much the same game. I don't need to go any further then because I can just stop there. You haven't played Dead Island, I have. L4D includes guns and LOTS of zombies. When I played L4D, going through a whole level later in the game saw me killing 1,000 zombies. I've been playing dead Island for several several hours and haven't come close to killing that many zombies, and this many hours into it, I just now got a gun which only had 50 bullets and that was it. All my other kills have been melee kills..

If you say so. It looks like the same game to me. Let me fill you in on something though just because a game has rpg elements and more melee then shooting doesn't mean its nothing remotely close to L4D. You make it sound like both games are so uncomparable that they might as well be in two different universes. If you think that then I'm sorry I even responded to you because I'm just wasting my time debating with you. Your too much dial it down a peg or two next time buddy.
Avatar image for deactivated-638d165ba095d
deactivated-638d165ba095d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-638d165ba095d
Member since 2002 • 753 Posts
I wish it was a better version of L4D instead of a fallout 3 vacation, but the game is fun.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="MC-Reap"]

[QUOTE="Foulcry"] your kidding right? Do you even know what you just said? First of all the game looks a lot like Left 4 Dead. and that comparison you just made.... made no sense what so ever dark souls is in no way shape or form even in the same category as gta. l4D and dead island are and it is pretty much the same game. so again i hope you were just joking but if not then what you said was completely unintelligable. Not saying the game doesn't look good but it does look like a L4D rip off and to be honest i wasn't a fan of l4D so i probably won't like this game either.Foulcry

If you say so. It looks like the same game to me. Let me fill you in on something though just because a game has rpg elements and more melee then shooting doesn't mean its nothing remotely close to L4D. You make it sound like both games are so uncomparable that they might as well be in two different universes. If you think that then I'm sorry I even responded to you because I'm just wasting my time debating with you. Your too much dial it down a peg or two next time buddy.

But the games really shouldn't be compared. It doesn't do either game any justice, and it certainly doesn't help someone who will go out and buy this game expecting it to be like L4D. It's a misleading comparison. Anyone who falls for it may end up being severely disappointed. If you play both games it becomes clear how ridiculous the comparison actually is. I know they LOOK the same, but we should all know by now not to judge a game by how it looks.
MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MC-Reap
If you say so. It looks like the same game to me. Let me fill you in on something though just because a game has rpg elements and more melee then shooting doesn't mean its nothing remotely close to L4D. You make it sound like both games are so uncomparable that they might as well be in two different universes. If you think that then I'm sorry I even responded to you because I'm just wasting my time debating with you. Your too much dial it down a peg or two next time buddy. Foulcry
Lol, yes you are wasting your time with me. I do believe the two games might as well be in two different universes. The other posts I made to you were made with little to no sleep so I apologize for those. Honestly I hope someone makes a good, similar to L4D zombie game you can enjoy. Everyone deserves a zombie game that they can love.
Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Foulcry
[QUOTE="Foulcry"] If you say so. It looks like the same game to me. Let me fill you in on something though just because a game has rpg elements and more melee then shooting doesn't mean its nothing remotely close to L4D. You make it sound like both games are so uncomparable that they might as well be in two different universes. If you think that then I'm sorry I even responded to you because I'm just wasting my time debating with you. Your too much dial it down a peg or two next time buddy. MC-Reap
Lol, yes you are wasting your time with me. I do believe the two games might as well be in two different universes. The other posts I made to you were made with little to no sleep so I apologize for those. Honestly I hope someone makes a good, similar to L4D zombie game you can enjoy. Everyone deserves a zombie game that they can love.

I didn't like L4D either lol
4knife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 4knife
Member since 2011 • 41 Posts
is not so bad game for my i wll give this game 8.5 overall
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

is it worth getting? i have played a lot of zomibes games

noPainNoGAME
kind of hard to answer. I bought it on day 1 and I asm still playing it. But I dont see beating the game with each character. And if you play it it kind of takes a while to like. But it gets a lot better the more you level up. Especially when you can have molotov cocktails made(5 alochol bottle). those can take the stronger zombies down pretty fast. I would honestly say just wait a few months and buy it on e-bay for $30-$40. Once people like me finish it thats what it will probably go for.