customizable ps3. upgrade graphics, lower lag, increase gaming potential

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

do you think they will ever give the ps3 or future consoles the ability to recieve upgrades like a PC can do.

The main edge a pc has over a console is that it can evolve with upgrades...giving it a longer lifespan at top end gaming.

Giving consoles the ability to upgrade with prebuilt video cards (possibly sponsored by companies such as NVIDIA) will allow players to improve their systems.

adding a faster processor will make a lot of games less laggy etc...

making this user friendly without having to completely tear open your ps3 would be ideal. ( built in slots easy access for upgrades )

DO you think this will end the WAR between pc and ps3 (consoles) ???

after all...a console capablities are catching up to pcs (internet, netflix, social networks etc..) ...but the hardware is still stuck as it is.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Never. The whole purpose of consoles is to have one unified platform that has the same hardware on every console. Upgradeable components would defeat this purpose. Stick to PC gaming if you want upgrades.

Everiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Everiez
Member since 2006 • 1946 Posts

No, I don't want unstable games because of hardware differences. Even if Sony does that, only limited hardwares option to choose like what Apple does and could be expensive because of custom made for console. Leave that to PC. Console is all about convenience.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

sega genesis and nintendo 64 were upgradable but it didnt help much at all

djseebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 djseebee
Member since 2005 • 340 Posts

i think the console hardwares has more advanced technology in thier CPU, GRAPHIC CARD that could stay more than 5 years with no upgrade, but PC each month the release new tech. and if i want to upgrade each year say goodbye to ur money pocket lol .. i was a PC gamer but i convert to console its more comfortable 2 me & less cost

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts
[QUOTE="uso_outkast"]

do you think they will ever give the ps3 or future consoles the ability to recieve upgrades like a PC can do.

The main edge a pc has over a console is that it can evolve with upgrades...giving it a longer lifespan at top end gaming.

Giving consoles the ability to upgrade with prebuilt video cards (possibly sponsored by companies such as NVIDIA) will allow players to improve their systems.

adding a faster processor will make a lot of games less laggy etc...

making this user friendly without having to completely tear open your ps3 would be ideal. ( built in slots easy access for upgrades )

DO you think this will end the WAR between pc and ps3 (consoles) ???

after all...a console capablities are catching up to pcs (internet, netflix, social networks etc..) ...but the hardware is still stuck as it is.

You would encounter a lot of online issues doing that. You don't want to run into all the crap issues a PC has.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Half the topics on the board would be people complaining about how the greedy corporations intentionally made the games look like crap on the baseline system in order to force people to pay extra money for upgrades blah blah blah.

I think the graphics look perfectly fine as they are. You can spend two grand on a gaming PC or spend a gigantic amount of time learning how to build your own if graphics are really THAT important to you.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

Never. The whole purpose of consoles is to have one unified platform that has the same hardware on every console. Upgradeable components would defeat this purpose. Stick to PC gaming if you want upgrades.

Vari3ty
I was just gonna say that. Seems to defeat the whole idea behind consoles.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
I couldn't think of anything worse than owning a console that required you to update the specs every 6-12 months.
Avatar image for Wetworks_Gunner
Wetworks_Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wetworks_Gunner
Member since 2011 • 153 Posts

i would say no to this.. People would then start complaining how they're getting beat online because their opponents have upgraded their consoles and are lag free lol..

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts
I couldn't think of anything worse than owning a console that required you to update the specs every 6-12 months.MushroomWig
such "console" is called PC :D
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Vari3ty
But what about, if PS4 games are 1080p, and you have a 4KHD TV. What if you could buy a chip for $200 that allowed you to play the same game but in 4096x2160p?