CS GO thoughts (PS3 version)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

For those who own/played CS GO (PS3 version), what are your thoughts on the game? Compared to other CS games for the PC, I mean.

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 im_mr_brown
Member since 2006 • 2970 Posts

i'm interested too.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#3 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Stay away are my thoughts.

Here's what I said in my review which for some reason doesn't seem to be visible yet:

- - -

For the record, long ago when the grass was green and the sky was blue, I played the piss out of CounterStrike and then CounterStrike Source on the PC. I thought Source, with its abundance of free, great, user-made maps was about as good a multi-player game you could get. I remember downloading and trying what seemed like hundreds of maps and never failing to be amazed at people's creativity.

Then I got a PS3 and have been playing COD games ever since.

So when I heard that CS was coming to the PS3, I was excited and thought here's a chance to go back to one my favourite games and play it on my favourite console.

I go the game on launch, and what a let down.

I went back to Source on the PC and even tried Modern Combat Domination on the PS3 just to make sure I wasn't missing something. It wasn't me.

The game looks ugly, has loose controls compared to the COD and BF games and has very few maps.

There's a mode called Arms Race that has two maps. That's right, a whopping two maps. The regular modes have eight maps. There have been hundreds if not thousands of maps made for the PC game and we get eight? Are you serious Valve?

I guess what I expected, especially since the game is something like 2.5 gigs, was crisp Portal 2 quality graphics and a tight control scheme.

You can't zoom in your aim (except for when using a sniper gun). It's aim and shoot, and if you want you can crouch. In an era where games like COD and BF have dominated the market, you can't give people controls like you'd have in a FPS from the early PS2 games and think they'll be happy.

I purchased Gameloft's Modern Combat Domination a while back because I thought it'd be a nice CS clone until a real CS game came to the PS3. It was okay and for $7.00 I couldn't really complain. Well, compared to CS:GO, Gameloft's game looks better and while it's not as fast to move around, I'd say the controls are tighter. That's just sad.

If you've never played CS, do yourself a favour, get CS Source for the PC, download some user-made maps and either play online or play against bots and get ready to have have some old school fun.

If you buy this on the PS3, don't be surprised if you stop playing it after a week and find yourself playing superior multi-player games like Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3, Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3.

---

A major disappointment. That'll teach me for buying a game without watching YouTube videos or reading some reviews.

Here's a low grade video of about 15 minutes of the game mode called Arms Race on the PS3 so you can see what the game looks like on the PS3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa2bQ3pxys0&feature=plcp

There were two maps included for Arms Race - 2 maps! Ridiculous.

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts

In a completely opposite opinion of the game, I think it's better than Source. I played the **** out of Source too, and as far as shooting goes, the shooting in GO is better than Source. The controls are not "loose" (JESUS CHRIST) It's just people being used to auto aim in CoD and BF, and CS:GO has no auto aim to compensate for babies that can't aim right, or don't use a proper mouse and keyboard which is how it's meant to be played.

The game does NOT look ugly.

Maybe d_Parker didn't read up on the game first, but he should know that valve had CS 1.6 and Source pros give constant feedback about the game. GO is more like 1.6 which is the all time favorite CS. It's stupid to complain about not being able to zoom in down your sites, because THAT'S HOW CS HAS ALWAYS BEEN. Most of the complaints he had were comparing the game negatively to CoD and BF, which are just completely invalid because this game does not need to be like those rehash games.

CS is not fast passed, run and gun. There does not need to be a sprint button. Or zoom aim.

Yes, the small number of maps isn't great, but who's to say they won't release more through an update or dlc for free? If you've known CS for the last decade or so, it's more of the same great CS. Honestly, most people's opinions (including pros) is that GO is better than Source, in the technical aspects. Better weapon behavior, hit boxes, etc. I will say though, if you buy it on PS3, please use a mouse and keyboard. CS is just not meant to be played with a controller.

hardyz200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardyz200
Member since 2010 • 543 Posts
i dont like it the game is very laggy and buggy and the guns feel awkward on the ps3 controller and the camera is real annoying and before you say go play cod get a different comeback i hate cod and only think black ops is the only good one and thats still boring
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

For those who own/played CS GO (PS3 version), what are your thoughts on the game? Compared to other CS games for the PC, I mean.

Warriorboy1990

It's pretty good. Obviously, the PC version is better in terms of visuals, mods, etc. however, the PS3 version plays great and I had no problems with it. You can read my opinion on it in my review if you wish.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

I've played quite a lot of it in the last two days and I can honestly say it's a ton of fun. Yeah, there aren't enough maps (yet), but it's still a great time and if you have a few friends to play with it gets even better. Graphics are fine, controls are tight and responsive, and the gameplay is more tactical than anything else you will find on the system

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Game is fun. I wish I could aim down the site but I can live without it. I really do want some more maps though. But I have to keep in mind, this is a game worth what we paid $12. It brings back a lot of fond memories.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Essian

Game is fun. I wish I could aim down the site but I can live without it. I really do want some more maps though. But I have to keep in mind, this is a game worth what we paid $12. It brings back a lot of fond memories.

Terrencec06
For 15 dollars this game is outstanding. I hope they patch in some more maps, but honestly, even if they don't i will be playing this game for months
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Essian

Terrencec06
For 15 dollars this game is outstanding. I hope they patch in some more maps, but honestly, even if they don't i will be playing this game for months
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Essian

Terrencec06
For 15 dollars this game is outstanding. I hope they patch in some more maps, but honestly, even if they don't i will be playing this game for months Sorry for triple post... iPad fun times
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Here's what I said in my review which for some reason doesn't seem to be visible yet:

- - -

For the record, long ago when the grass was green and the sky was blue, I played the piss out of CounterStrike and then CounterStrike Source on the PC. I thought Source, with its abundance of free, great, user-made maps was about as good a multi-player game you could get. I remember downloading and trying what seemed like hundreds of maps and never failing to be amazed at people's creativity.

So when I heard that CS was coming to the PS3, I was excited and thought here's a chance to go back to one my favourite games and play it on my favourite console.

I went back to Source on the PC and even tried Modern Combat Domination on the PS3 just to make sure I wasn't missing something. It wasn't me.

The game looks ugly, has loose controls compared to the COD and BF games and has very few maps.

There's a mode called Arms Race that has two maps. That's right, a whopping two maps. The regular modes have eight maps. There have been hundreds if not thousands of maps made for the PC game and we get eight? Are you serious Valve?

I guess what I expected, especially since the game is something like 2.5 gigs, was crisp Portal 2 quality graphics and a tight control scheme.

You can't zoom in your aim (except for when using a sniper gun). It's aim and shoot, and if you want you can crouch. In an era where games like COD and BF have dominated the market, you can't give people controls like you'd have in a FPS from the early PS2 games and think they'll be happy.

I purchased Gameloft's Modern Combat Domination a while back because I thought it'd be a nice CS clone until a real CS game came to the PS3. It was okay and for $7.00 I couldn't really complain. Well, compared to CS:GO, Gameloft's game looks better and while it's not as fast to move around, I'd say the controls are tighter. That's just sad.

If you've never played CS, do yourself a favour, get CS Source for the PC, download some user-made maps and either play online or play against bots and get ready to have have some old school fun.

If you buy this on the PS3, don't be surprised if you stop playing it after a week and find yourself playing superior multi-player games like Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3, Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3.

---

A major disappointment. That'll teach me for buying a game without watching YouTube videos or reading some reviews.

Here's a low grade video of about 15 minutes of the game mode called Arms Race on the PS3 so you can see what the game looks like on the PS3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa2bQ3pxys0&feature=plcp

d_parker
:lol: Coming from someone who owns both Modern Combat and CS:GO, I can say the guy above me is full of ****. Counter-Strike : Global Offensive is great. It's got that same fluid, tactical, intense gameplay that Counter-Strike fans have come to know and love. The graphics are actually pretty good, which a distinct art style this time around and lots of details.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

- - -

---

d_parker
Sounds to me like the weapons are more like the good old days before devs put scopes on everything and made everyone aim down the sites like COD. I know a lot of old Socom folks are looking at CS Go after Sony finally shuts down the PS2 servers end of this month.
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

LMAO im a socom vet

krayzieE99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 krayzieE99
Member since 2010 • 544 Posts

- - -

---

d_parker
CSGO does NOT have any aim assist, maybe that is why you think the controls are too loose.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Essian
I love when people say the only reason CSGO PS3 is playable is because of auto-aim... there is zero auto-aim, and I usually run with at least a 1.5 k/d ratio, and half of my kills are headshots... you just need skill, same as any other platform