Convince me to buy Metal Gear Solid

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts
Hi guys. I don't know why Metal Gear Solid has so much love... I really don't see a good game there. But then again, sometimes I am wrong. I used to hate League of Legends and now I love it, maybe with Metal Gear Solid will be the same. Can someone give me some feedback about the game? A short text about the story and the characters and why it is so loved by every Playstation fan?
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

It is the type of game where you love or hate it. The series is a masterpiece in a sense with its complex storyline and memorable characters. The gameplay is great also but is constantly being interrupted with very lengthy cutscenes. If you can enjoy the gameplay and sink your mind into the story, it will be a great ride. IF you care less about stories in gaming, then don't bother.

lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts

I played all the metal gear solid games when they first came out. The reason i love mgs4 is because of all the nostalgia from my childhood.

even though mgs4 is my 2nd favorite game of all time, I would NEVER recommend it to anyone.

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
The game is kind of love it or hate it. I personally didn't like them. The characters talk your ear off, which is kind of a pet peeve of mine. They're not concise, but I still beat them all as part of a personal goal.
marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

If you own a ps3, than its almost mandatory to play or own this game. You must give it a shot especially that you can pick it up for 10 dollars.

I guarantee you will not be disapointed.

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
Dude... its Metal Gear Solid, its like the ultimate game series that every gamer should at least experience once.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it. If you want to see what the hype is about, buy it and see if you like it.

GC4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 GC4ever
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts

don't buy it if you're not really into complex yet very satsifing storylines
it's like a movie-game to put it simply

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
Convince me to answer your question.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Uhh well TC I have this gun aimed at your reproductive organs...ya gonna buy it now or need more convincing?:P

Also you could read reviews. Ah snap!:o

ra84ma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ra84ma
Member since 2012 • 159 Posts

I played it, one of the first games i owned in ps3... but i didnt like it, not saying is bad, i just didnt really like it :D

Fear-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fear-
Member since 2012 • 499 Posts
MGS3 is one of the worst games I've ever played put me off the whole series completely.
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

MGS3 is one of the worst games I've ever played put me off the whole series completely.Fear-

I agree but I wouldn't go that far. I'll just say it was worst of the series. Alot of people seem to adore that game and call it the best in the series...but I don't understand.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

If you mean MGS as in the first game it's a good and fun game. It's one of the few games that can stand up to the test of time.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Rent Metal Gear Solid and try it for yourself. Then buy it if you like it. If you have played the other games in the series this installment will tie up story bits. This game has a great storyline, But beware of long cutsences. So rent this first.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

no thanks...you don't qualify for that much attention....go play it or watch the review

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Im not here to bash you but honestly man this site has a review and it got 10 out of 10.

Im not saying all reviews are correct but im pretty sure for 10 dollars this game is a no brainer.

Go buy it asap.

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts
The cutscenes and voice acting is great, but really that's all I like about MGS, the story I still can't keep up with even when I played the games about 50 times each but I will honestly say all this talk about Metal Gear Solid 4, being the greatest game in the world or ever made I will sit there and say it is definitely not, if anything I couldn't stand the game, it bored me to death *Flame suit on*, like I said in previous threads, I sold it an hour later and got something else in return. you either like it or you don't, that's probably the safe answer, just like GTA IV for example, another game people hyped and when I played it, hated it absolutely on its face, some people I guess like to buttkiss the massive game developing companies and get wet dreams over something new without thinking that if it's going to be worth the money or not
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I got MGS4 at Gamestop for $8. I've never played an MGS game in my life. But, for $8, it's worth a try.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Dude... its Metal Gear Solid, its like the ultimate game series that every gamer should at least experience once.koospetoors

Exactly. Even if you discover that you dislike the series, at least then you'll know. More likely than not however is the possibility that you're missing out on something awesome ;)

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

If you didn't play the games during the PS1 era or at least the PS2 era, it is hard to think you'll like them at this point.

nick36001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nick36001
Member since 2012 • 96 Posts
Great story awesome characters and i just love the boss battles esp in MGS1 when mantis reads your mind and moves your controller=) Its a great ride but like seaid before if your not into in depth story telling in video games then its not for you. Its not a game series that anyone should recommend to anyone its something you have to find on your own and either you fall in love or toss it away. "I hear it's amazing when the Purple-stuffed worm in Flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw-blink on Hari-kiri Rock! I need scissors! 61! "
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Sexy posters, crotch grabbing, urination, lots of vomit, 4th wall jokes, nudity, eating snakes and then some.

Convinced yet?
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
because MGS are masterpiece