Console Gaming's 10 Most Emotional Gaming Moments

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tacticity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tacticity
Member since 2008 • 421 Posts

There are some pretty painfull scenes here, it depends on if you have played these games and how emotinal you are. But the the scene with Aeris is deffantly my most painfull one.

Read Full Article >>

SethSOMT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 SethSOMT
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

Ever time I click the link, I get "SERVICE UNAVALIABLE"...

Strange...

Tacticity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tacticity
Yeah I noticed that the server might be down.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

FFX is probably my #1 and the agro one is high up too

also from mgs4 whenever raiden threw himself in front of the ship i was moved

northypoley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 northypoley
Member since 2003 • 1672 Posts

FFVII and FFVIII got the emotional gaming moments for me. But probably because I played those games when I was quite small. But extremely sadly, I haven't found RPGs or other games with such a good story that it really gets me to feel for the characters. Hoped FFXII would provide for some great moments, but it was too focused on politics...meh...

For for most recently, Major Spoilers ahead.

FFX, when Tidus was fading away. Beat the final boss from time to time just to see that scene again.

and

In MGS4, Raiden throwing his life away to save Snake. Cutting off his arm and throwing himself infront of the ship was pretty iconic.

the_new_neo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_new_neo
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
Well all the FFs had pretty emotional moments. Alot of people would put MGS3 at number 1 but it didn't really get to me, I have to say I'm torn between MGS4 and FFX.
Tacticity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tacticity

The link works now hopefully: Read Full Article >>

Or this if you can handle it:Aeris; Her Death And Beyond

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#8 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
Little kids for future posts: Warn people before spoiling anything WAY before you type the spoiler. Like adults. :roll:
the_new_neo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_new_neo
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
Come on now, lets not start getting moderated ;)
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Symphonycometh
SPOILERS ON SHADOWS OF THE COLOSSI: [spoiler] Wait what? Agro should've been higher on the list. :cry: [/spoiler] This is all....for now.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Symphonycometh
Come on now, lets not start getting moderated ;)the_new_neo
....Are you talking about?
Tacticity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tacticity
hmmm is that really something new.
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts

There are some pretty painfull scenes here, it depends on if you have played these games and how emotinal you are. But the the scene with Aeris is deffantly my most painfull one.

Read Full Article >>

Tacticity
You better be a girl because i'll die then the day I hear a man ask me about my emotions!!
Tacticity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tacticity
Maybe I am, or maybe I'm not you'll never know.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Symphonycometh
Advice: Never ask about online genders Marksman. At least on a gaming site. :P You'll never see me ask or care. XD
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SonyMarksman70
Maybe I am, or maybe I'm not you'll never know. Tacticity
I don't agree with any of that except for #7. And emotions r for girls so hope yur a girl and not a manwoman. I'm leaving now cuz posting here with a bunch of manwoman is so 500's www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg0dxpBp85A
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SonyMarksman70
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]Advice: Never ask about online genders Marksman. At least on a gaming site. :P You'll never see me ask or care. XD

K, your right.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

SPOILERS ON SHADOWS OF THE COLOSSI:

Symphonycometh

Totally agree about SoTC, the...

[spoiler] death of agro [/spoiler]

was definitely very emotional for me.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="Tacticity"]Maybe I am, or maybe I'm not you'll never know. SonyMarksman70
I don't agree with any of that except for #7. And emotions r for girls so hope yur a girl and not a manwoman. I'm leaving now cuz posting here with a bunch of manwoman is so 500's www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg0dxpBp85A

Darnit, I can't debate with you for another day! :cry: But in short...I disagree with that post.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
i knew FF7 will be there. shadow of the collossus i agree with maybe more higher place. mgs series was just emotional and great revisiting that place again in act 4 on mgs4 was just amazing it made me feel old even though its only about 10 years old. and the kojima knows how to create a amazing story.
Kowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kowl
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
No list of this type can be done without the inclusion of Nei from Phantasy Star II. Therefore the whole list is wrong.
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts

Read Full Article >>

Tacticity
I agree with 1. for sure. I cried when she was killed. The was the only time a game has ever made me cry. I was so mad. I wanted to fight Sephiroth right then and there.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
I'm glad SH2's ending at least got a mention but come on, most of the others moments were terrible examples of emotional gaming moments. Catching a pokemon? Give me a sodding break...
marnett2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 marnett2005
Member since 2003 • 215 Posts

I have to say SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

Act 4 of MGS4. Returning to Shadow Moses Island took my breath away. The whole act was absolutley amazing.

zeriva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zeriva
Member since 2007 • 4531 Posts

People really don't realize that just simply typing Spoiler! Doesn't really hide it.

[spoiler] This is all you have to do... [/spoiler]

fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#28 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
my number one has to be from MGS4... like the scene w/ Akiba and Meryl at the end of Act 3, or the microwave hallway, or...just the entire game, really.
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#29 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
oh, and despite the many FF and MGS spots on the list that were spot on, i still have a bone to pick with some of the selections. i mean, come on, catching a pokemon? they put catching a pokemon on the list, and yet there's no mention of Mass Effect or Biochock, both of which had some preeettttty emotion choices in them. both of those games triggered a feeling akin to being punched right in the gut for me at some point.
shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts
at first i was laughing at how rediculous that scene really was, then i was like... omgz... no raiden!
_full_metal_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 _full_metal_
Member since 2008 • 226 Posts
when they show the dead soldiers in europe and big mama dying that was emotional for the first time in my life i found a scene in a game emotional other than that nothing not even aeris death was emotional
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shadowkiller11
my number one has to be from MGS4... like the scene w/ Akiba and Meryl at the end of Act 3, or the microwave hallway, or...just the entire game, really.fmobliv06
i agree. its like an interactive hollywood movie thats just amazing. the music and split screeneffect of going down that microwave tunnel was great i wondering if that was the part he would die in.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

[QUOTE="fmobliv06"]my number one has to be from MGS4... like the scene w/ Akiba and Meryl at the end of Act 3, or the microwave hallway, or...just the entire game, really.shadowkiller11
i agree. its like an interactive hollywood movie thats just amazing. the music and split screeneffect of going down that microwave tunnel was great i wondering if that was the part he would die in.

Not just these scenes man. Taking in consideration you've been following Snake's life at least from MGS1, we the hardcore fans have come to love the characters and most of them all, the protagonist and the legendary Solid Snake. Though he's a fiction video game character but the thing is, we've been following his life and story for years and years and you know how detailed the cutscenes and storyline are in the Metal Gear universe. To be honest at least to me and to some other people, Snake has become a part of my life as if he was a close friend or a relative. Unlike other games, Metal Gear has one storyline divided into long chapters so you will get familiar with the characters quickly and at some point you'd wish they existed in real life. After more than 2 decades of Metal Gear existance and more than a decade of playing MGS, we now love and respect Snake and even care about him and let me tell you something that is really sensitive to some people, before MGS4 came out alot were debating about Snake's fate and if he would die or live and Kojima made it worse in his trailers by showing us in more than 1 occasion Snake having a gun in his mouth. I'm going to be completely honest with you, some wouldn't care if this or that character dies in the game but others do and they do seriously because they've been living every second with him(Snake) for the past decade so basically like I said, the fan would feel he'd be losing a close friend or a brother for instance so imagine how painful that would be to accept. For hardcore fans that isn't funny at all and I know alot of people who cried during MGS4 at some points in the game. That said, you have no idea how emotional and sad MGS4 and all the other MGS games were to alot of people who followed Snake's life and story. There are alot of scenes and I am not going to name them but I'm going to say this, Kojima himself said it, it wasn't easy at all for Kojima, the person who created Snake 20 years ago, to decide Snake's fate and what to do with it, it wasn't easy at all. That's all I need to say.

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts
I'm surprised that the microwave hallway part of MGS4 is not on the list.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shadowkiller11
agentH i agree fully i didn't want to go and finish the game because i didn't want snake to die and i thought he did at one point in the ending (you will know what i'm talking about if you completed it). mgs3 ending was also pretty damn emotional. and you can tell that people have liked snake more and more as the series go. no one was fussing about if snake died in mgs2, untill you find out that is. snake is great i didn't want raiden to die aswell in mgs4. i don't care what people say raiden was a great character while snake for me is best raiden was still great.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AgentH

agentH i agree fully i didn't want to go and finish the game because i didn't want snake to die and i thought he did at one point in the ending (you will know what i'm talking about if you completed it). mgs3 ending was also pretty damn emotional. and you can tell that people have liked snake more and more as the series go. no one was fussing about if snake died in mgs2, untill you find out that is. snake is great i didn't want raiden to die aswell in mgs4. i don't care what people say raiden was a great character while snake for me is best raiden was still great.shadowkiller11

I am glad you feel the same.

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 THE_BRUTALIZER
Member since 2008 • 3488 Posts
im not sure if anyoe knows this game, but the old panzer dragoon orta game had a sad ending.......after endless action, the dragon dies.....i can barely remember how it happened, but i remember it was a crappy ending
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#38 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

I think the list is major ****

Only big and well known games are in the list, while number of games with better moments like Shadow Hearts is not in the list.

Personally I think no one should make list like this until they play virtually all the games out there. Not just couple of famous franchises and call it a day.

MGS was on that list like 3 times. MGS had emotional moments, but only one (MGS 3 ending) is worthy of being in top 10

HerktheSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HerktheSnake
Member since 2006 • 385 Posts

spoiler*** i supose

my number 1 is when gray fox dies on mgs1

carrotthead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 carrotthead
Member since 2004 • 1408 Posts
i agree with quite a few choices on that list...though i do think meryl dying at the end of metal gear solid should have been in there
soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

Completely emotionally numb to every thing I've played so far on PS3 ...

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#42 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
ffx and mgs4 for me...
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 THE_BRUTALIZER

i agree with quite a few choices on that list...though i do think meryl dying at the end of metal gear solid should have been in there carrotthead

uh.....meryl didnt die

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
dont think this is top 10 worthy but in gow2 whenever the spartan dies and the kraken appears i felt pretty bad for kratos, and was like omfg need to kick zues' ass:x
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
dude, a little off topic no?
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

Well, I can't agree on the order of some things, but other than that, the list was surprisingly good.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

[QUOTE="carrotthead"]i agree with quite a few choices on that list...though i do think meryl dying at the end of metal gear solid should have been in there THE_BRUTALIZER

uh.....meryl didnt die

[spoiler] In MGS1 on the PS1, Meryl dies in one of the two endings. However, the "Meryl dying ending" was not canon. [/spoiler]
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 THE_BRUTALIZER
[QUOTE="THE_BRUTALIZER"]

[QUOTE="carrotthead"]i agree with quite a few choices on that list...though i do think meryl dying at the end of metal gear solid should have been in there hazelnutman

uh.....meryl didnt die

[spoiler] In MGS1 on the PS1, Meryl dies in one of the two endings. However, the "Meryl dying ending" was not canon. [/spoiler]

oohh.....i see....im not that educated in the field of mgs and i thought mgs4 was the last......it might be....i dont know im screwed up lol

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AgentH

oohh.....i see....im not that educated in the field of mgs and i thought mgs4 was the last......it might be....i dont know im screwed up lol

THE_BRUTALIZER

MGS4 is not the last MGS. There will be an MGS5. It won't be a sequel but a prequel. However, I hope it's set between the events of MGS2 and MGS4. That would be frickin' AWESOME! Alot happened during these events of the 2 games. For instance, Raiden rescuing Sunny from The Patriots. Him being turned into a cyborg etc...
Rigour_Mortise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Rigour_Mortise
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts
yep, just ruined shadow of the colossus for me