component or hdmi??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spec0688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spec0688
Member since 2004 • 2444 Posts
I have a samsung 32" LCD TV and wondering which one is better? I am not sure what my tv can run, but for sure it can run either 1080p/i

is hdmi still worth it? how much do they usually cost? the reason i am kinda leaning towards HDMI is cause I got wii/x360 component cables and have 2 keep switching them whenever i feel like playing that system

thanks
-PredatorV-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -PredatorV-
Member since 2004 • 595 Posts
I would definitely recommend HDMI over component if you TV can handle 1080p/i or 720p. I use it for my PS3 and it helps out a great deal with the picture.
You can spend anywhere from $10 to >$100 on an HDMI cable... I spent $30 and it works great.
I've also heard that a $10 cable is just as good as a $50 cable.
makchady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 makchady
Member since 2007 • 1286 Posts

your tv runs in 1080i and if i were you i would most definitely buy a hdmi cord is it is a digital cable whereas component is analog and thus its just much superior, you will be able to see a difference between the two. but what i really want to tell you is that you should run your games in 720p, not 1080i. you can configure your settings to do this either on your tv or your ps3 i believe. although the differences between 720p and 1080i are not huge, 720p is still the better resolution to run in as it is not interlaced. just trust me and run it in 720p, its hard to explain without being in person.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
Depends on if you play GTA5P or not. I never seen a game that looked so different in two forms of HD then that game. On others it dont matter nearly as much. And were talking 5 cables "5 ends to the cable" HD component. Not that BS HD component.

This is where people get messed up thow, is composite, component. Can HD be done threw cables "ala HD component. Yea,, their is HD component cables. They have 5!!!!! ends that go into your TV. If you dont have 5!!!!! ends going in, "NOT 2 NOT 3 NOT 4!! But 5!!! its not HD compnent. With HDMI its just one. And its the most pure form. And best form of HD. But the form is also only as good as your output device. Ala true 1080 or whatever. And your input. A great HD TV or a good one? So many factors lol