Christian Bale to star as Solid Snake

• 154 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

now that i think of it

he seems like a good fit

Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Blommen
Member since 2003 • 1337 Posts
Christian Bale is one of my favorite and most talented actors in hollywood right now, I think he is a great choice for the role of snake. Check out Ameican Psycho, The Machinist or Equilibrium and you'll see!!!
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
It won't stop me from watching the movie either way...
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

I can't see anyone else directing the movie besides Kojima. Bale is ok, but he needs to beef up. Hayter would be a great fan service, but I don't think he has the acting chops. I think Gerald Butler would be a good choice, check it:

http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/6167/GerardBut_Steve_14212062_400.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=Butler%2C%20Gerard&seq=2

5FingersOfDeath

Did you see Bale in Batman Begins? His arms were friggin ginormous. He has no trouble beefing up for roles. Interesting trivia about that: when Bale tried on the Batsuit, he flexed his arms and caused the seams to rip. Gerard Butler is a great actor as well, but Bale is the Man. Bonus trivia: Gerard Butler and Christian Bale played together in what?

Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Blommen
[QUOTE="5FingersOfDeath"]

I can't see anyone else directing the movie besides Kojima. Bale is ok, but he needs to beef up. Hayter would be a great fan service, but I don't think he has the acting chops. I think Gerald Butler would be a good choice, check it:

http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/6167/GerardBut_Steve_14212062_400.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=Butler%2C%20Gerard&seq=2

ianuilliam

Did you see Bale in Batman Begins? His arms were friggin ginormous. He has no trouble beefing up for roles. Interesting trivia about that: when Bale tried on the Batsuit, he flexed his arms and caused the seams to rip. Gerard Butler is a great actor as well, but Bale is the Man. Bonus trivia: Gerard Butler and Christian Bale played together in what?

Reign of Fire:D

Neo1O1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#106 Neo1O1
Member since 2003 • 845 Posts
Not bad, not bad at all. I really enjoyed his take on Batman.
joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 joevfx
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts

the best news about this is that christian will not do a movie if the script sucks, he isnt really into it for the money, so if they get Bale that means the movie cant be any worse then Reign of fire. which is a good thing.

wayfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 wayfast
Member since 2005 • 248 Posts

BAT SNAKE!!!

SOLID MAN!!!

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ianuilliam
[QUOTE="ianuilliam"][QUOTE="5FingersOfDeath"]

Blommen

Yep. I totally didn't even recognise that as Butler till I rewatched it the other day. After Phantom of the Opera and 300, it's weird hearing him use his natural accent.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts
What,they should just use david hayter instead. But then, unsatisfactory will appear no matter who they choose, and honestly I can't think of anyone better than christian bale that MIGHT actually fit this role.
jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#111 jakndaxter7223
Member since 2005 • 2101 Posts

Keira Knightley for Raiden anyone???

LOL no Orlando Bloom as Raiden...

Chocograph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Chocograph
Member since 2004 • 121 Posts
KICK ASS!
WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 WongB
Member since 2004 • 1701 Posts

I think Christian Bale with Samuel L. Jackson's voice would be even better. :)DEVILinIRON

Samual L Jackson would probably say something like "I've had it with these m'f***ing snakes on this m'f***ing plane!!"

That would ruin the movie.

Blommen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Blommen
[QUOTE="Blommen"][QUOTE="ianuilliam"][QUOTE="5FingersOfDeath"]

ianuilliam

Yep. I totally didn't even recognise that as Butler till I rewatched it the other day. After Phantom of the Opera and 300, it's weird hearing him use his natural accent.

Although I've seen both of the films you mention before I saw 300, when I saw 300 I couldn't recognize him, only after checking the cast after the movie did I notice his name...

Rogue_Patriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Rogue_Patriot
Member since 2006 • 358 Posts

Man, Bale can do it!I mean he has no problem doing a husky voice getting some groth of beffing up. I'm all for Bale being snake.

Ialso heard that Kojima is doing the script WOO! i mean if it isnt exactly like the game and its alot diffrent i know it must b for the best cause its his material to change.

Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts

ianuilliam

The problem I have with Bale is that he has this very serious look. I'm sure themovie willhave some tongue in cheek humour just like the games and he might look awkward in these few scenes.

Kenny10112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Kenny10112
Member since 2004 • 42 Posts

Very disappointed, I thought Woody Allen had the role.:P

xMAVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 xMAVx
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
remember kurt russell playing snake (pliskin) in escape form l.a. and escape from new york. XD
ludacriss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ludacriss
Member since 2005 • 1150 Posts
Cool. I can't wait for the movie.
Soliquid_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#120 Soliquid_Snake
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

Wow, I always said Bale should be Snake. He is the most talented actor right now and would be great.

Sean Bean as Liquid Snake would also be perfect. He has the hair (sometimes) and the accent.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 AuthenticM
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts

The problem I have with Bale is that he has this very serious look. I'm sure themovie willhave some tongue in cheek humour just like the games and he might look awkward in these few scenes.

5FingersOfDeath

I highly doubt Metal Gear will have humor in it. While it is frequent that action flicks incorporate jokes, Metal Gear has too serious of a story to be able to pull some humor while staying believable.

OLKMED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 OLKMED
Member since 2003 • 182 Posts

AuthenticM

I highly doubt Metal Gear will have humor in it. While it is frequent that action flicks incorporate jokes, Metal Gear has too serious of a story to be able to pull some humor while staying believable.

O'rly? have you played the game?

I wonder if there will be any codec conversations in the movie. Those were one of my favorite part of the games.

and I hope that it's not MGS1. I want a new experience. I wasn't too fond of the bosses there either, except for psychomantis and liquid.

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#123 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts

I think Statham with long hair would be better, but then again. I think Statham in almost every movie would be better

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ianuilliam

I think Statham with long hair would be better, but then again. I think Statham in almost every movie would be better

-Sniper99-

I think Statham anything other than bald would be... odd.

other44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 other44
Member since 2007 • 1494 Posts

christian bale would actually be really good, and i think he can get the voice right as well..

i like hugh jackman, but i dont think he'd suit snake..

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

Leslie Neilsen as Snake for sure.

Seriously though, Jason Statham would own that part.

JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts
[QUOTE="Absynthetic"][QUOTE="CR00K"]

Good news. Very good news.

Russell Crowe would have been nice as well.

babystapler

russel crowe seems too "soft" to play Snake

Have you seen Gladiator???

Awesome movie...I think bale is a really good choice but their are some other really good actors that have been suggested for the role as well, whoever it is they better end up looking and sounding like snake....but about what that other guy said...what about liquid?!..and all the other characters

email2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#128 email2003
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
Can we have Christian Bale do the acting then have the guy who voices Solid Snake to be doing the dubbing of his voice? :P
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#129 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
Oh man I'm SO excited :D me and my friends always debate about who would be perfect for the role of Snake. I always said Christian Bale would be the best choice, but I didn't think it would actually happen. AWESOME
email2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#130 email2003
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts

I think they should do MGS3 first to begin this series of movies.

Avatar image for ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 ThePhantomGamer
Member since 2005 • 1816 Posts
Should be interesting
Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

Bale is a very good choice. If you guys didn't know, Bale uses a different accent for every one of his movies. If there is some one who could play Snake it would be him, he could pull off the voice. Jigsaw_McGraw

he could just use his batman voice he did in batman begins

thats close enough to hayter

barrett33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 barrett33
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
he suits the role well. although most game movie projects dont get off the ground i think snake would transition well to film. it would make for a good summer blockbuster
Spartan_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Spartan_Dude
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
Christian Bale is a exellent choice, Very good at what he do.
bigiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 bigiter
Member since 2003 • 111 Posts
Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman are both terrific actors, ones that actually deserve their ludacris paychecks, but the movie still won't be the same if i'm not hearing David Hayters voice, so on that topic does anyone know if Hayter is any good of an actor cuz he does have some Snake features.
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#137 longhorn7
Member since 2007 • 4637 Posts
does anyone else realise that it says he is IN THE RUNNING to play snake? not that he IS, but he MIGHT.
big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 big_boss4life
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts

jakndaxter7223

Keira Knightley for Raiden anyone???

LOL no Orlando Bloom as Raiden...

orlando bloom as raiden ftw

six_shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 six_shot
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
omg that would be FREAKIN SWEET!!! WOOOO!
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 AuthenticM
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts

OLKMED

Yes, I have played all of them. But this is irrelevant to the matter. A movie isn't built the same way as a game. It isn't structured the same as a game. The Metal Gear Solid video game series can very well incorporate humor despite having a serious story. A movie in the same vein as Metal Gear can't have the same type of humor (if it has some). It'll have to be very subtle.

outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#141 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts
[QUOTE="OLKMED"]

AuthenticM

Yes, I have played all of them. But this is irrelevant to the matter. A movie isn't built the same way as a game. It isn't structured the same as a game. The Metal Gear Solid video game series can very well incorporate humor despite having a serious story. A movie in the same vein as Metal Gear can't have the same type of humor (if it has some). It'll have to be very subtle.

MGS series always incorporated humor in its story like johnny sasaki and WAY MORe other stuff when ur talking on codec... secret conversations and hilarious secret easter eggs

nelson415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#142 nelson415
Member since 2007 • 1807 Posts

Good news. Very good news.

Russell Crowe would have been nice as well.

CR00K

"i couldn't find cancer, so i found a guy WITH cancer!"

darkjounin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 darkjounin
Member since 2005 • 714 Posts
Kurt Russell ;) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this guy.
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

I hope he stars as Solid Snake. What a great actor and looks close enough, woo hoo.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/unconfirmed/christian-bale-up-for-solid-snake-299350.php

Flavante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Flavante
Member since 2006 • 724 Posts
Have you guys ever noticed how Christian Bale sounds in Batman Begins. I went to see the scenes where he plays as Batman and I was like, "Hey that sounds kind of like Solid Snake...Just a bit different...but close...".
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
So, i wounder what outragous, and completely uncalled for liberties will be taken with the games story in this adaptation...
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

So, i wounder what outragous, and completely uncalled for liberties will be taken with the games story in this adaptation...gekidami

Agreed

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#148 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Thats the first that I have heard of this and I couldnt be more thrilled. Talk about perfect casting! DAMN!!!!realmarine187

Christian Bale is a great actor, but I strongly disagree. With a little makeup, Kurt Russell could have NAILED this role.

SmokenAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 SmokenAshes
Member since 2005 • 1580 Posts
If their gonna make this movie, they BETTER follow the games and be true to them.....unlike Final Fantasy and Doom. *pukes*
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts

[QUOTE="realmarine187"]Thats the first that I have heard of this and I couldnt be more thrilled. Talk about perfect casting! DAMN!!!!Generic_Dude

Christian Bale is a great actor, but I strongly disagree. With a little makeup, Kurt Russell could have NAILED this role.

maybe 10 years ago.