Castlevania Lords of Shadow series > God of War series

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

I don't care how much stupid hype GOW gets, Castlevania is the better game. Better setting, better gameplay, better presentation. Don't get me wrong, GOW is very very good, but Castlevania is simply better.

Opinions?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c072abf2e969
deactivated-5c072abf2e969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-5c072abf2e969
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

did you play LOS2? How does it compare to LOS1

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Thunder7151

@Glutenbob said:

did you play LOS2? How does it compare to LOS1

They are both equally good, just different. LOS2 has a free roam camera, slightly more combat features, and lots of exploration choices. LOS2 is a open-world game and not as linear as LOS. LOS is excellent in its own right though.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I absolutely loved Lords of Shadow 1...

I'm a few hours into Lords of Shadow 2 so far and it is extremely boring.. Can't wait for it to pick up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c072abf2e969
deactivated-5c072abf2e969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5c072abf2e969
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

Does it pick up? How long is it. I was really hyped for LOS2 after I got done with the first.

I've been reading conflicting reviews about this game.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#6 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I like and own all Lords of Shadows games, but GoW 3 alone beats them all.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Thunder7151

@ristactionjakso said:

No. Just NO.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

graphically GOW 3 and ascension are better of castlevania los 1&2 but castlevania have deeper story

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Better gameplay? You must be trippin' cos the camera in LoS is disgraceful and the gameplay isn't even close. GOW rips of Castlevania's head and shits down it's throat.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#10 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

@ristactionjakso said:

No. Just NO.

Have you even played GoW 3?

Like I said I like all the Lords of Shadows games, but GoW 3 owns them all.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I have both Castlevania 1 and GOW (entire series) and I think GOW is better. GOW 2 is my favorite in the series. GOW is my favorite slasher game series of all time and I played a bunch of them.

I was disappointed to see Castlevania 2 to get low ratings. It has a 6.2 metascore (35 critics) but a 8.3 user score.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MethodManFTW

@hitmanactual said:

Better gameplay? You must be trippin' cos the camera in LoS is disgraceful and the gameplay isn't even close. GOW rips of Castlevania's head and shits down it's throat.

I dunno dude.. I've played all the LoS games other than Mirror of Fate and I've played the GoW games other than GoW: A..

The camera in LoS seemed nearly identical the the camera in most GoW games and the camera in LoS 2 is a free camera like DmC.. Have you even played LoS games?

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

@hitmanactual said:

I dunno dude.. I've played all the LoS games other than Mirror of Fate and I've played the GoW games other than GoW: A..

The camera in LoS seemed nearly identical the the camera in most GoW games and the camera in LoS 2 is a free camera like DmC.. Have you even played LoS games?

Played the first and that was enough to convince me not to play the second, especially after reading reports that the camera is still shithouse. Once bitten twice shy.

Agreed the camera in GOW was frustrating occasionally but LoS was pathetic. If you liked it I'm happy for you, but I thought it was garbage compared to any of the GOW games.

Opinions are like arseholes...we all got one.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MethodManFTW

@hitmanactual: Well... I would just straight up disagree with you that the camera in LoS is much worse than GoW... They are both fixed camera games... The only thing that can make one predominatly worse than the other would be if someone put the camera right behind a pole or something... Which neither game really does...

Also, you are either reading really weird reports or are not comprehending what you are reading very well... So far LoS 2 is super boring, but the one thing that is super different and improved from LoS is that LoS 2 has right stick camera control... So a better camera than any of the God of War games ever had...

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#15 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@Thunder7151: both games steal from each other. Coolyfett was kinda interested, but they need to work on the story of the game.

Rock-City

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rock-City
Member since 2004 • 1533 Posts

@ristactionjakso said:

What he said. Not a one LOS game can match the greatness of GOW3.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

I only played the demo for Los and Los 2, but I would not put them above GOW due to what I have seen in walkthroughs and what i played. The chain and whip function like the blades of chaos Kratos's blades have to be upgraded to get an AOE attack. The parry was easy. I am not going to say that i think GOW is better because I have only watched a playthrough of Los 1 and 2, but it was pretty much inspired by the God of War series.

RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts

I just finished the game, I am extremely disappointed in the the ending, the game does not conclude ANYTHING, aside from the explanation of the conversation between Alucard and Dracula, the game does not conclude ANYTHING.

Way to ruin a more than 2 years wait for an ending... I love the first one to death and like a lot mirror of fate, I liked the game play of LOS 2(but I enjoyed LOS 1 better), but the ending was just awful, nothing got conclusion.

Supposedly there will be a DLC explaining more, but is this really the model of games now? buy 85% of the game and buy the ending in a DLC. I was really a huge fan of LOS, but I wont buy a mercury steam game again.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I think it's wrong to compare one to the other. They are different games. Why not enjoy both?