Can someone please tell me what to do?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coldkill19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 coldkill19
Member since 2007 • 1658 Posts
I have gotten a PS3 and I love it a lot but then my friends all keep on saying it sucks, PS3 sucks, 360 ownz! The PS3 game lineup sucks and it wont have any good games ever!

I hope none of that is true, i don't like 360 but im worried about a few things on the ps3 and theyre really getting to me. I was really hoping that the PS3 would have customizable sountracks....my friend is saying basically every ps3 game sucks :( he said that ps2 had the worst series' ever/, :(
joelejuif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 joelejuif
Member since 2003 • 1667 Posts
How old are you? Just live for yourself man!
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
What, was he living under a rock when he said that PS2 had the worst series ever? Sheesh. No, good games are coming to the PS3, Ratchet and Clank, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, God of War, Devil May Cry, Killzone, so on and so on. So don't worry, let him have fun playing that certain game that is coming out for the 360 later this year, he can play one game while you can play many awesome games.
coldkill19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 coldkill19
[QUOTE="joelejuif"]How old are you? Just live for yourself man!

Umm, i'm a girl and I'm 15.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Flame_Blade88
Your friend obviously just likes shooters then, tell me something, do you have and enjoyed your PS2? If so, then you know the quality games that are coming out for it.
coldkill19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 coldkill19
Your friend obviously just likes shooters then, tell me something, do you have and enjoyed your PS2? If so, then you know the quality games that are coming out for it.Flame_Blade88
Yes, i loved GH, GTA, MGS (i don't know the storyline :(), tomb raider, etc, etc. I also love burnout.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Flame_Blade88
[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]Your friend obviously just likes shooters then, tell me something, do you have and enjoyed your PS2? If so, then you know the quality games that are coming out for it.coldkill19
Yes, i loved GH, GTA, MGS (i don't know the storyline :(), tomb raider, etc, etc. I also love burnout.

Pfff... you'll be fine then :P No offense, but just leave Halo-boy alone then, he obviously doesn't open his eyes to other games.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
Play no attention to them. In the long run, the ps3 will be a better console. The line up might be slightly disappointing now but when games like , Heavenly Sword, MGS 4, Time 0, FFXIII etc and features like Home hits the ps3, then you know why the ps3 is worth it.
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#9 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
Killzone 2, Devil May Cry 4 , God of War 3, Oblivion, Warhawk, Assasins Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavenly Sword, Lair, and the list goes on. Tell yours friends to shut up, because they are just scared that the console you got will end up better than theirs.
qman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 qman101
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts
Lineup doesn't suck... Metal Gear Solid 4, LAIR, Killzone 2, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, and so on. And plus, resistance is a fun game to people
UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts
Killzone 2, Devil May Cry 4 , God of War 3, Oblivion, Warhawk, Assasins Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavenly Sword, Lair, and the list goes on. Tell yours friends to shut up, because they are just scared that the console you got will end up better than theirs.trav_have
Words of the wise...passed to you. Tell them to just shut up.
04JETTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 04JETTA
Member since 2005 • 5769 Posts
look man ps3s gona have pretty much everything 360 has and more over time but really dont listen to them do wat makes u happy
njpj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 njpj
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
Call the mighty legions of the internet on him!
Fadixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fadixon
Member since 2005 • 762 Posts
I have gotten a PS3 and I love it a lot but then my friends all keep on saying it sucks, PS3 sucks, 360 ownz! The PS3 game lineup sucks and it wont have any good games ever!

I hope none of that is true, i don't like 360 but im worried about a few things on the ps3 and theyre really getting to me. I was really hoping that the PS3 would have customizable sountracks....my friend is saying basically every ps3 game sucks :( he said that ps2 had the worst series' ever/, :(coldkill19

well then tell him dont be mad that ps2 sold 100 million consoles and u couldnt find any :P
anyway back to topic ps3 has many many good games that are coming  http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25336507
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]Your friend obviously just likes shooters then, tell me something, do you have and enjoyed your PS2? If so, then you know the quality games that are coming out for it.coldkill19

by the looks of it, action adventure games are your favs, the playstation franchise has and will allways be number one when it comes to wicked platformers.    comin up in 07 theres a whole bunch of great ones (ie.  Heavenly Sword, DMC4, GTA IV, MGS4, Ratchet and Clank 5, and a few other really great ones.)

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

[QUOTE="coldkill19"][QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]Your friend obviously just likes shooters then, tell me something, do you have and enjoyed your PS2? If so, then you know the quality games that are coming out for it.americahellyeah

by the looks of it, action adventure games are your favs, the playstation franchise has and will allways be number one when it comes to wicked platformers. comin up in 07 theres a whole bunch of great ones (ie. Heavenly Sword, DMC4, GTA IV, MGS4, Ratchet and Clank 5, and a few other really great ones.)

and now you can add uncharted: drakes adventure. That game has some great potential :)
UntoldDreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UntoldDreams
Member since 2006 • 3238 Posts

I hope none of that is true, i don't like 360 but im worried about a few things on the ps3 and theyre really getting to me. I was really hoping that the PS3 would have customizable sountracks....my friend is saying basically every ps3 game sucks :( he said that ps2 had the worst series' ever/, :(coldkill19

It's pretty immature for your friends to attack your interests. 

It shows poor character (even in teenagers) to do so.  If my friend bought a new car I would hardly think to make fun of her/him and say something like "buy the same car as me so I don't feel bad".

Customized soundtracks I'm sure are on the todo list of Sony.  You've seen HOME and Little Big Planet.  They've obviously been mega-busy.

Also, you appear to be a Tomb Raider fan or at least of the Tomb Raider character, yes?
I'm pretty sure Lara Croft would have a PS3.  Yep.  Certain of it.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
I agree Lara would definitely rock the PS3. And just like everyone else has stated. Your friends are being pretty shallow. As long as you enjoy your PS3, don't even pay attention to what they say.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
[QUOTE="coldkill19"][QUOTE="joelejuif"]How old are you? Just live for yourself man!

Don't worry. When you get older, none of this trivial mumbo jumo will bother you anymore.

But it's best to start practicing it now. Who cares what someone thinks about what system you bought. Once you understand how stupid that really is, it'll bounce off ya.
Avatar image for thetombradyhate
thetombradyhate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 thetombradyhate
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
I am sort of in the same situation. None of my friends own a PS3 and I'm not sure any of them will ever. What really annoys me is that because I don't have a HDTV people always say a PS3 is pointless w/o a HDTV or the Wii's graphics are as good as a PS3's w/o an HDTV
dan_brouwer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dan_brouwer
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts
^topic^ only if you're a pushover.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
I am sort of in the same situation. None of my friends own a PS3 and I'm not sure any of them will ever. What really annoys me is that because I don't have a HDTV people always say a PS3 is pointless w/o a HDTV or the Wii's graphics are as good as a PS3's w/o an HDTVthetombradyhate

I don't know anybody with a PS3 either, and I don't have an HD TV. But I do have a Panasonic Tau that has Component input, and I get an almost HD picture. But saying that it's pointless to have a PS3 without HD is just foolish.

As far as people go, well I just try to find gamers online and stay in contact and play games with them. It's just better that way than trying to find gamers "in the outside world", which is like a needle in a haystack.
masterchef1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 masterchef1000
Member since 2006 • 6279 Posts
yes, i'm in this situation too and it's really annoying. just ignore them is my advice
Ice-Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ice-Cube
Member since 2003 • 2434 Posts
[QUOTE="thetombradyhate"]I am sort of in the same situation. None of my friends own a PS3 and I'm not sure any of them will ever. What really annoys me is that because I don't have a HDTV people always say a PS3 is pointless w/o a HDTV or the Wii's graphics are as good as a PS3's w/o an HDTVDenji

I don't know anybody with a PS3 either, and I don't have an HD TV. But I do have a Panasonic Tau that has Component input, and I get an almost HD picture. But saying that it's pointless to have a PS3 without HD is just foolish.

As far as people go, well I just try to find gamers online and stay in contact and play games with them. It's just better that way than trying to find gamers "in the outside world", which is like a needle in a haystack.

Yeah none of my friends have a PS3 but they do bring down the PS3 a lot due to Fanboyism and they have told me 700 bucks is too much/waste of money. I highly doubt they will ever get one but I just think to myself that I Did afford it no problem. But anyways on Topic, I would just simply ignore them and say only Time will tell, just wait and see all the games end of 07.
alberto2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 alberto2045
Member since 2005 • 1591 Posts

hey just dont listen to them what matters is if you like it, not if they like it. Hey you bought it so just tell them to keep their thoughts to theirselfs and tell them to learn some histroy about the PS2 THE greatest game console to EVER be created otherwise they wouldnt still sell in the millions

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
no custom soundtracks is sadly true ( damn you sony, get a move on allready and do this :evil: ), there really isnt that many games yet, and even fewer good ones, but these games are onyl a taste of the system so far, dont expect great games right off the bat even in the first half to full year, its possible but dont expect it, the system wil get its legs at somepoint and shoudl have no trouble makein its buyers happy
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
my one buddy is a gears nut, so i got him to play RFOM with me on medium and he was freakin out with how intense it was. I love the conversions lol. Anyways, you're friends obviously don't know what they're talking about if they're saying the best selling console in history had a terrible game lineup.
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts
PS3 does suck at the moment. Just give it time for the good releases to, erm, release.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
[QUOTE="joelejuif"]How old are you? Just live for yourself man!

I agree.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
[QUOTE="joelejuif"]How old are you? Just live for yourself man!coldkill19

what types of games do you like. do like all shoot and gun games. do you like games like mario or rachet and clank you less blood orented games. ps coulsole sold 100 million were xbox 30 million. it is a 100 million for a reason it had the best games. wait it will get better from here on.
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
Don't let peer pressure control your life....stand-up to it now or you will be sorry you didn't.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
PS3 does suck at the moment. Just give it time for the good releases to, erm, release.Lilac_Benjie
how does it suck just about every game that is on 360 is out for ps 3. motorstorm does not suck oblivion looks better and im so enjoying it.
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]PS3 does suck at the moment. Just give it time for the good releases to, erm, release.GARRYTH
how does it suck just about every game that is on 360 is out for ps 3. motorstorm does not suck oblivion looks better and im so enjoying it.

Yeah!!! That statement was un-called for. Lack of games does not mean that the system sucks( actually the ps3 is doing better in hardware and software  sales compared to the 360 this time last year) because some people bought the ps3 for more then just games!!! Some of us are actually using the additional multmedia functions.

Pelon208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pelon208
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

I am sort of in the same situation. None of my friends own a PS3 and I'm not sure any of them will ever. What really annoys me is that because I don't have a HDTV people always say a PS3 is pointless w/o a HDTV or the Wii's graphics are as good as a PS3's w/o an HDTVthetombradyhate

Your friends said that the wii have the same graphics than the PS3, their are blind or what. The wii has almost the same graphics that the PS2.

henry4th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 henry4th
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts

[QUOTE="thetombradyhate"]I am sort of in the same situation. None of my friends own a PS3 and I'm not sure any of them will ever. What really annoys me is that because I don't have a HDTV people always say a PS3 is pointless w/o a HDTV or the Wii's graphics are as good as a PS3's w/o an HDTVPelon208

Your friends said that the wii have the same graphics than the PS3, their are blind or what. The wii has almost the same graphics that the PS2.

The wii doesn't have the same graphics as the PS2, it has less graphics than ps2 as of right now. No doubt that Wii is more powerful than PS2, as it matches the power of original xbox, but its games, so far, have not shown any graphical power yet. (although the games are fun for party plays)

coldkill19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 coldkill19
[QUOTE="coldkill19"][QUOTE="joelejuif"]How old are you? Just live for yourself man!GARRYTH

what types of games do you like. do like all shoot and gun games. do you like games like mario or rachet and clank you less blood orented games. ps coulsole sold 100 million were xbox 30 million. it is a 100 million for a reason it had the best games. wait it will get better from here on.

i really like adventure game, i love oblivion right now, and i like horror actiongames like resident evil. sadly, i don't think it's going to be on ps3 thanks to capcom. =(
fireboy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 fireboy666
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts
they're just pissed they don't have one. all my friends have 360s and after playing my ps3 they all seriously considered trading in their xboxs and buying playstations.
fireboy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fireboy666
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts
re5 is comming out for ps3 and xbox