Can PSP owners tell me the qualities of the PSP?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shadowfox55
Member since 2007 • 1609 Posts
I own a PS3 now, and I want a PSP. So what are the good things about it? What good games are out for it, and games coming out for it? I know Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep is coming for it, but what else?
Avatar image for Balmung_Daisuki
Balmung_Daisuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Balmung_Daisuki
Member since 2007 • 2753 Posts
Well there is a lot good games for PSP like Syphom Filter, Tekken, MGS: PO, Final Fantasy Tactics and a lot others. Also there is going to be God of War for PSP. Besides it has MP3 and MP4 players and Net access I has a lot more features then those horribly expensive Ipods and PSP is cheaper.
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts

It's ****ing shiney! (Seriously, read the specs, and top game reviews)

MGS, Burnout Legends, Lumines, Tekken:DR, Daxter, GOW:COO (Just finished playing the demo and it's awesome)! Battlefront, ummm Manunt 2, 2 GTA games, Final Fantasy games, 2 Syphon Filter games, 3 online SCOM games. Lot's other of 7.5-8/10 games.

kthxbai

shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shadowfox55
Member since 2007 • 1609 Posts

I appreciate the info, I am going to buy me a PSP today. Its my birthday so yeah, a birthday present to myself.

bluearmykid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 bluearmykid
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts

The two Syphon Filter games, SOCOM: FireTeam Bravo (haven't played the others y), LocoRoco (so funny :P), Tekken: Dark Ressurection, Burnout Legends, Ridge Racer, MGS: Portable Ops, World Tour Soccer, the 2 GTA games, Daxter, Size Matters (really short, rental), Lumines, a Warhammer 40K is coming end of the month and they're mostly good, Crush (f*cks up your mind in a good way), Test Drive Unlimited, MoH: Heroes, Killzone: Liberation (rules!!), Disgae, Splinter Cell: Essentials, Twisted Metal: Head On, the upcoming God of War: Chains of Olympus, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, FF: war of the lions, etc..

That's all for the games i played i liked of my friend and gameshop.

thomasandtoby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thomasandtoby
Member since 2004 • 61 Posts

Grab yourself a 2GB pro duo and you'll be set :D

Kouchouni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kouchouni
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts
I've just recently got mine it's awesome. They have good graphics, good games (which can be fairly cheap too), you can watch films on them, the battery lasts a good while, you can connect to the net and i *think* you can listen to music on them too. The only down side is the very expensive memory cards >
biggerbob2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 biggerbob2
Member since 2004 • 67 Posts

Grab yourself a 2GB pro duo and you'll be set :D

thomasandtoby

woudent you wana geta 4 gig instead?

Avatar image for Taylorwashere12
Taylorwashere12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Taylorwashere12
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
im pretty sure the psp dominates
thomasandtoby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thomasandtoby
Member since 2004 • 61 Posts
yea for sure, if they're cheap where you live then go for it.
Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2516 Posts
Well there's plenty of features to it, not that many good games but I believe they've been improving lately. If you are to get it I recommend you get the silver slim one (which includes Daxter, Family Guy, and a 1GB mem stick, making it a very good package.)
BAT404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BAT404
- I'm a SSX fan and the PSP edition 'SSX On Tour' is sweet. Don't Forget the new Battlefront game, Renegade Squadron. Hook up to the net and I will See you on the Battlefield!
BAT404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BAT404
- I also have one 1G card for game saves, demos, pictures music. And Two 4G cards that you can fit full seasons of TV shows or around 5/6 movies on. Worth the purchase to optimize the underrated PSP, Sessler and Webb are just PSP-haters. Morgan is cute though.
SturmFuhrer14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SturmFuhrer14
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts
I just recently got mine, I like it. If you get one make sure you get at least a 2gb memory stick and you'll be good. Theres some minor annoyances, it gets so many fingerprints it looks like a crime scene, also can't browse my pics and listen to music simultaneously. Other than than that its a great device.
BAT404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BAT404
If you connect online and update the newest software for the PSP, I believe it now allows you to listen to music and view your pictures. I believe it is release 3.52 or 3.51, you can also download from playstation's website at the bottom of the PSP home page there should be an Upgrade Tab. Also invest the two dollars and most of all the patience to get a screen protector. It is a bit tedious to put on especially if you have OCD like me and it needs to be perfect but it will allow you to wipe the screen without fear of scratching as well as it usually comes with a cloth to wipe with.
Solid-snake6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Solid-snake6
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Get It now, the psp has online,awsome graphics,awsome games like battlefornt renegade squadron,metal gear solid portable ops,2 grand theft auto games,manhunt 2 and the list goes on and on.If I were you I wouldn't even hesitate to get one.Just get yourself a good mem card for it and you'll be set.
orazinac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 orazinac
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
It's great, really awesome multimedia device as well as gaming system. I wouldn't really go with the reviews on this site for the games, because a lot of the games are underrated on here.
SturmFuhrer14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SturmFuhrer14
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts

If you connect online and update the newest software for the PSP, I believe it now allows you to listen to music and view your pictures. I believe it is release 3.52 or 3.51, you can also download from playstation's website at the bottom of the PSP home page there should be an Upgrade Tab. Also invest the two dollars and most of all the patience to get a screen protector. It is a bit tedious to put on especially if you have OCD like me and it needs to be perfect but it will allow you to wipe the screen without fear of scratching as well as it usually comes with a cloth to wipe with.BAT404

I have 3.60 so I duno what the deal is.

motherboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 motherboop
Member since 2007 • 2382 Posts

[QUOTE="BAT404"]If you connect online and update the newest software for the PSP, I believe it now allows you to listen to music and view your pictures. I believe it is release 3.52 or 3.51, you can also download from playstation's website at the bottom of the PSP home page there should be an Upgrade Tab. Also invest the two dollars and most of all the patience to get a screen protector. It is a bit tedious to put on especially if you have OCD like me and it needs to be perfect but it will allow you to wipe the screen without fear of scratching as well as it usually comes with a cloth to wipe with.SturmFuhrer14

I have 3.60 so I duno what the deal is.

The newest is 3.72, it allows you to turn your PS3 on from anywhere that you have a wifi hotspot. For instance, if you wanted to download a demo onto your playstation 3while you were on vacation so that it was ready by the time you got home, this feature will make that a possibility.