Can PS3 play Blu-Ray movies in 3D?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2516 Posts

I just have this confusion about my PS3 being able to play movies in 3D on Blu-Ray. Apparently, Blu-Ray can't play films in 3D (please correct me if I'm wrong) and Avatar, which is to be released in a couple weeks now, isn't in 3D on Blu-Ray. According to the production company a 3D version should be around later this year, but the thing is, even when that happens I don't know if the PlayStation 3 (or any Blu-ray player for that matter) is compatible with that kind of format. Please let me know.

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

There's going to be a firmware update later in the year that will let the PS3 play 3D Blu-rays.

protaganist20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 protaganist20
Member since 2010 • 1333 Posts

I think you'll just need 3D glasses like my bloody valentine did, which should come with the blu ray.

So as far as I can tell blu rays aremorethen capable of 3D.

3D tv's are to come out b4 the years end but they'll more then likely cost a fortune.

lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts

I just have this confusion about my PS3 being able to play movies in 3D on Blu-Ray. Apparently, Blu-Ray can't play films in 3D (please correct me if I'm wrong) and Avatar, which is to be released in a couple weeks now, isn't in 3D on Blu-Ray. According to the production company a 3D version should be around later this year, but the thing is, even when that happens I don't know if the PlayStation 3 (or any Blu-ray player for that matter) is compatible with that kind of format. Please let me know.

Tigerman950
Once the PS3 gets the firmware update for it they will be able to do 3D. However, if your television isn't 3D ready (there are some out now protaganist) you still won't get 3D.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

I think you'll just need 3D glasses like my bloody valentine did, which should come with the blu ray.

So as far as I can tell blu rays aremorethen capable of 3D.

3D tv's are to come out b4 the years end but they'll more then likely cost a fortune.

protaganist20
I have Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D on blu ray.. Plays just fine.
slickchris77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 slickchris77
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

journey to the center of the earth in 3d was just with the orginial red and blue glasses you can watch that on any blu ray player thats blu ray it doesnt have to be 3d compadable. other than that i have firmware 3.60 im having trouble watching blu3d dics on my ps3 is there any possible was that someone can help me out I do have a hdtv 3d ready tv and the 3d glasses to go with it as well someone please help me out thank you

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

journey to the center of the earth in 3d was just with the orginial red and blue glasses you can watch that on any blu ray player thats blu ray it doesnt have to be 3d compadable. other than that i have firmware 3.60 im having trouble watching blu3d dics on my ps3 is there any possible was that someone can help me out I do have a hdtv 3d ready tv and the 3d glasses to go with it as well someone please help me out thank you

slickchris77
Yes, the PS3 can play 3D Blu Ray movies. Im not sure what kind of problem you are having, unless you dont have the proper hdmi cable.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 AdobeArtist  Moderator  Online
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Too old to continue this thread.