Can placing PS3 games in their cases damage them ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cescgooner88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cescgooner88
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Ridiculous question I know, here is the deal, while placing the PS3 game in the case, you have to insert the bluray into the middle circular area of the case, until it fits in. Depending on the publisher, I have noticed that such area differs from one case to another, some are divided into two areas, and rather soft, while others are hard. The reason I am asking this question is because, I take extra good care of my games, and today my AC3 game won't play, I checked the bluray to find that the region where the data is stored is clean without any scratches, while the one in the middle which fits into the circular part of the case was cracked. Did this happen to anyone before :|. Also, do you guys recommend that I keep my games in their cases or in a CD wallet, thanks.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Blu-rays are sratch resitant,put them whenever you want
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

It's the same thing with DVD movies, some of them have the worst circular thing whatever it's called, sometimes they just don't fit properly. You just have to be careful I guess. 

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
about as much as putting your foot in your shoe.
sargentpsgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sargentpsgamer
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts

Never have had this issue at all. I have tons of games, and I do agree some cases suck. However they never literally broke a disc. I have all the Assassins Creed's too.

Personally I just play the same games commonly, so I leave them "out" near my Ps3 and change them out when I want a new game in. When I am finished with the game, I put it back in the case and put it on a shelf for later.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
actually if you are careless, you can damage the disc while taking it out or putting it in, you have to press the mid portion of the case so the plastic parts to hold your disc in place do not damage it... personally i never had such a problem but my friend cracked (the inner clear ring and some small portion around it) about four discs this way...
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

weird

TheZanmato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheZanmato
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

If you're careful then nothing's gonna happen to yuor Blu-Rays... Anyway, BR are very "hard-to-destroy" - don't worry, be happy ;)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Havent experienced any of these problems.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

the middle part of the disc what you are reffering to has nothing to do with the game itself the only purpose is to hold the disc and spin it inside the machine, the only thing i can think of is that it was a one off thing, or that the "crack" is big enough to disturb the disc's spinning function. is it cracked or scratched?? and discs i've very hard to crack esp in the middle. 

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

It is best to keep your games in their cases. I never have had any problems with PS3 games. none have been cracked in the middle. CD wallets offer less protection as the are not very sturdy. not recommended

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts
Blu-rays are sratch resitant,put them whenever you wantMonsieurX
What this guy said is truth.
locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts
i've never damage a PS3 BR before don't see how it happens so much i rent a lot of BR movies from netflix and it really annoys and amazes me how people manage to destroy them if people took better care of the disk netflix might b cheaper:(
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I've never had any problems with games but I've had DVD's that were in boxes that you damned near had to break the disk in half to get them out.  For those I just keep a supply of extra DVD cases on hand.  You can get them at Wallmart, Kmart, etc.  Getting harder to find the full sized ones these days, everybody just has the slim ones.  You can get Blu ray cases as well.  Order them from Amazon if you want.  Of course they won't match the rest of your PS3 game cases, but at least they don't break your games.

badlalo59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 badlalo59
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts
Blu-rays are sratch resitant,put them whenever you wantMonsieurX
This^ As long as you don't freakin man handle them they are way better than DVD's. Always store them in their cases.