Can I use a wireless adapter to connect ps3 to internet without using a cable

This topic is locked from further discussion.

krakich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 krakich
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I can only connect my ps3 to the Internet using a cable...the wireless connection on the ps3 is no good so I was wondering if I could get a wireless adapter to hook up my ps3 so I don't have to run a cable? Does anyone know & what can I get to use? HELP Please
Garydbz25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Garydbz25
Member since 2013 • 157 Posts

I never heard of such a thing for ps3 as they have wireless built in. Why exactly can't you connect using the inbuilt wireless adaptor?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Yes, you can do this.

I can imagine if your Wifi stopped working in the PS3, that would be a reason to do this. Either way, I tested this long ago back in 2006, and it's perfectly feasible.

krakich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 krakich
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Ok what do I have to get to make it work?What to get & where to get it?Is it like the adapter you hook up on a X-box 360 to make it wireless or do I have to get a certain 1 for it?
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts
I can only connect my ps3 to the Internet using a cable...the wireless connection on the ps3 is no good so I was wondering if I could get a wireless adapter to hook up my ps3 so I don't have to run a cable? Does anyone know & what can I get to use? HELP Pleasekrakich
Just buy a powerline ethernet kit and be done with it!
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Ok what do I have to get to make it work?What to get & where to get it?Is it like the adapter you hook up on a X-box 360 to make it wireless or do I have to get a certain 1 for it?krakich

Newegg, Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, and many more electronic stores will help you. Go and talk to employees in the store for more information. I have game adapters just in case I have problems.

The products are usually called Wifi game adapters, but they work for PCs, consoles, Blu-Ray players, whatever. No, you can't use the 360 Wifi piece in the PS3, at least without modification.