Big FFVII announcement at DKS3713?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

Sony published Final Fantasy VII meaning they helped fund the development of the game. A contract would've been in place which binds the Final Fantasy VII franchise to the Playstation platform. Case in point, Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. If a remake is to happen it will either be on the Playstation 3, PSN or PSP. LuckyLy

What? Contract? Do you seriously think that with the funding backed by M$, a contract still makes sense?

lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

Guys, come on! Dont' dream any more!

There won't be any SE exclusives for PS3. They've become a M$' puppy.

Think about it, if they're really aiming at increasing the sales revenue by going multi-plat, why not bring those so-call X360 exclusives, such as SO4, Infinite Undiscovery onto the PS3? I'm pretty sure they can make more money out of doing this.

But hey, we can't even spot a single rumor they would be doing that. And to the contrary, rumor has spread that even the Last Remnant might got cancelled on the PS3. If you still love SE, just cross your fingers and pray FF V13 does not get cancelled.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#53 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Just saw in a one up interview on 1up, Shinji Hashimoto said theres gonna be a big FFVII announcemt at thier event. Could this be a remake? Whatever it is, if its a game it better be for PS3. FrischmasterA

I herad it was a advent children sequel coming out, so maybe that's it. I wouldn't surround myself around the 7 remake, Guys.

CTUDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 CTUDude
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts
When is DKS3713?
ginraisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ginraisama
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

Think about it, if they're really aiming at increasing the sales revenue by going multi-plat, why not bring those so-call X360 exclusives, such as SO4, Infinite Undiscovery onto the PS3? I'm pretty sure they can make more money out of doing this.

But hey, we can't even spot a single rumor they would be doing that. And to the contrary, rumor has spread that even the Last Remnant might got cancelled on the PS3. If you still love SE, just cross your fingers and pray FF V13 does not get cancelled.

lhbchen

in the question & answer session with the SE people on E3 they did hint on porting Infinite Undiscovery to the PS3. not sure about SO4 though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
Think about this, if it was exclusive Sony would have bragged about it at E3. Its multiplat. GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER
istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
come on remakeeeee
austin_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 austin_is_god
Member since 2003 • 635 Posts
[QUOTE="austin_is_god"]

[QUOTE="LuckyLy"]Sony published Final Fantasy VII meaning they helped fund the development of the game. A contract would've been in place which binds the Final Fantasy VII franchise to the Playstation platform. Case in point, Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. If a remake is to happen it will either be on the Playstation 3, PSN or PSP. LuckyLy

Uhhh, Sony only published the game outside Japan and Asia. Sony own no part of FFVII. Square US was all but dead by the time FFVII was released so who else was going to publish it? EA made a publishing deal with Square to release Parasite Evea and FFVIII in the US so I suppose EA now own FFVIII and Parasite Eve do they? The whole 2 Square games released in PAL market on the SNES were published by Nintendo seeing as there was no Square Europe so I do they also own "Secret of Mana" and Final Fantasy Mystic Quest? No.

Now I never said Sony own the Final Fantasy VII franchise, all I said was a contract would've been in place that binds the Final Fantasy VII franchise to the Playstation platform. Sony helped with the development of Final Fantasy VII and they allocated $100 million US dollars for ads campaign. Now Sony has no say in a FF VII remake, BUT if it did happen then it will be exclusive on a Playstation platform.

I've never heard of Sony helping with development costs, I know they invested in the company itself but fat lot of good that is doing them now. I have no doubt that Sony paid for a big advertising campaign in the US and PAL countries but that is because they published it and it was for the benefit of their platform. I really doubt that Square would have sold any part of FFVII to Sony other than it being exclusive to the PS1. The whole Square/Sony deal came about because of some shady deals behind the scenes with the 2 big bosses of each company because they were "old friends" or something. I think everyone knows Square have no sense of loyalty to anyone, all they care about is money.

They sure as hell don't give a crap about fans. If they did, DQIX would be on a REAL system and DQVI would also have a proper remake on a real system, just like every DQ game before it has had. I have no doubt Enix would have made the game for the PS3. I couldn't wait to see how the graphics of DQIX would evolve after playing the incredible DQVIII back in 2005 and even before that, watching the "demo disk" that was included with DQV. I refuse to buy DQIX on the DS and I sure as hell hope it is a huge flop and they have no choice but to put it on a real system! The DS remake of IV sold way below what the PS1 version sold in 2001, when PS1 sales were all but dead. I bet DQV sells nowhere near the 1.9 million copies the PS2 version sold either. I can only pray that the same thing happens with VI as happened with III. III was first remade on the GBC and later remade in 1996 into one of the most gorgeous SFC games ever seen, and one of the last major releases on the system. The thing with the DQ remakes is tht they always followed the new game in the series using an enhanced version of that games engine, the thought of a DQVI remake withVIII's engine made me very excitted and now all I get is a crappy DS game? No thanks, I'll stick to the SFC original. It already looks way better thanany crappy 3D the DS can spew out.

Wow, didn't I go off topic.

stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

Final Fantasy VII For the 360 confirmed! =DSymphonycometh

that'd be quite a blow :P

LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts

[QUOTE="LuckyLy"]Sony published Final Fantasy VII meaning they helped fund the development of the game. A contract would've been in place which binds the Final Fantasy VII franchise to the Playstation platform. Case in point, Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. If a remake is to happen it will either be on the Playstation 3, PSN or PSP. lhbchen

What? Contract? Do you seriously think that with the funding backed by M$, a contract still makes sense?

What does your statement have to do with Final Fantasy VII?

wheezal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 wheezal
Member since 2004 • 3066 Posts

I would be happy if all they did was release the original for download on PSN.mazdero

yes! you win!

-Grieves-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 -Grieves-
Member since 2007 • 1708 Posts

No more FF VII remake threads, until it is official....
logan2k_17

...and even if it is official, it don't mean jack!

Solidus_Mute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Solidus_Mute
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

A spinoff as to how Cloud met Barret?? They explain in the original FF 7 how Cloud met with Avalanche.

*Spoiler*

When you are in the lifestream and reliving Clouds past... you find out how Cloud met Tifa in Midgar in the streets wandering/past out. Tifa decides to help out Cloud and have him help out with the resistance. It is from there Cloud meets Barret.

*End of Spoiler*

assyriking87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 assyriking87
Member since 2007 • 122 Posts

Include all final fantasy games on one blu-ray or ff7 collector's edition includin crisis core, dirge of cerberus, advent children, and the original ff7.

darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts
a remake of ff7 on the ps3 would be amazing, imagine what the weapons(ruby and emerald) would look like with ps3 graphics and in hd :)
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Final Fantasy VII For the 360 confirmed! =DSymphonycometh

LOL!

Anyway, it's the Advent Children Blu-Ray news. They'll probably give a release window.

oldscratch82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 oldscratch82
Member since 2008 • 168 Posts

Final Fantasy 7 remake going to the 360 would be almost impossible due in part that FF 7 is own by Sony also.(this was before Square started publishing their own games).Solidus_Mute

Completely untrue. They've always been their own company. Even back when they put their games on nintendo platforms.

But yeah, if it happens it will not be on the ps3 as it would be in the distant future..and the ps3 doesnt have a distant future. .I doubt they will be in production by the end of 2009.

barrett33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 barrett33
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
i thought they were squaresoft when they made ff7 not squareeneix.. so maybe there are some sony loyalty contract issues there.
eric252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 eric252
Member since 2008 • 594 Posts
Even though I doubt a remake, this is the best reasoning anybody has came up with.
oldscratch82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 oldscratch82

lhbchen

No, M$ makes enough revenue in one year to buy the entire gaming industry. If if the courts would allow them to buy everything in sight they would have by now. M$ can cover any amount money they would have made by realeasing a game on other systems easily. And they are doing it repeatedly. They paid the publishers of Transformers $300 million to not put the movie on blu ray. They also paid Epic games a similar mountain of money to NOT develop the linux client of UT3. I wonder how much FF13 and all those square exclusives were?

They're slowly buying everything up bit by bit so that the law stays off their backs...they're tired of going to court and its really bad press for them..They WILL be the only game platform, the only OS, the only movie service, and who knows what else they'll swallow up after that. There is no competing with them, its impossible. Money is god.

SirRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SirRaven
Member since 2005 • 934 Posts

Final Fantasy 7 remake going to the 360 would be almost impossible due in part that FF 7 is own by Sony also.(this was before Square started publishing their own games).Solidus_Mute

I don't think Bill Gates' bank account cares who owns what.

Groove60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Groove60
Member since 2004 • 359 Posts

and the ps3 doesnt have a distant future. .I doubt they will be in production by the end of 2009. oldscratch82

Alright son, go to bed so the adults can talk now :P

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

Amazing, Sony loses exlusive rights to FFXIII and suddenly the PS3 will cease to exist. :roll:

This news will probably be about the movie, the original game being available for download on PSN, or (least likely) a remake for the PS3. It would definetly salt the wounds of the RPG fans if a remake went to the 360, no doubt about it.

LittleYoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 LittleYoshi
Member since 2004 • 1490 Posts
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]Final Fantasy VII exclusively for the 360 confirmed! =DSymphonycometh
Fixed. XD @Choco_Taco: What? Zo my gosh! XD

u mean FFXIII not FFXII rite?.......(where's the link?)
LittleYoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LittleYoshi

[QUOTE="oldscratch82"]and the ps3 doesnt have a distant future. .I doubt they will be in production by the end of 2009. Groove60

PS3 losing this next gen war (just one) & everyone thinks is end of the PS.........Xbox & Gamecube lost last gen war......they haven't given up, so why should PS be any different........Unlike M$ & Nintendo systems....Sony's PS3 has a 10 year lifecycle.....(360 & Wii only have a 5-6 year lifecycle)
VantageFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 VantageFive
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts

No, that's just your inner fanboy talking.

VII is so cool, but even you know that it's been beat so many times over the years.

You seriously would rather lose XIII, over trying to stop the remake going to 360?

No. Just no.

oldscratch82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 oldscratch82

[QUOTE="oldscratch82"]and the ps3 doesnt have a distant future. .I doubt they will be in production by the end of 2009. Groove60

You know damn well every single one of you in this thread bought a ps3 for FF13 ..what else? That was one of their two selling points..but they were massive selling points. mgs4 and FF13 are the kind of games that will sell a console based on that game alone.. Now one of those selling points has already been bought and beaten..and the other one is now on a cheaper console with more big titles, a larger installed base and the rest of squares games. So for the people who have neither system..wonder which one they're going to buy now?? So whatever ps3 sales are at right now..thats it. Because theres absolutley no reason to buy one now. Bad console sales means no 3rd party support and that means..you get it..

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
[QUOTE="Groove60"]

[QUOTE="oldscratch82"]and the ps3 doesnt have a distant future. .I doubt they will be in production by the end of 2009. oldscratch82

You know damn well every single one of you in this thread bought a ps3 for FF13 ..what else? That was one of their two selling points..but they were massive selling points. mgs4 and FF13 are the kind of games that will sell a console based on that game alone.. Now one of those selling points has already been bought and beaten..and the other one is now on a cheaper console with more big titles, a larger installed base and the rest of squares games. So for the people who have neither system..wonder which one they're going to buy now?? So whatever ps3 sales are at right now..thats it. Because theres absolutley no reason to buy one now. Bad console sales means no 3rd party support and that means..you get it..

Who has an epic fail gif when ya need one?

FADEMASTERZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 FADEMASTERZ
Member since 2008 • 259 Posts
why remake 7 they should just make a sequel
FFF4N4T1C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#80 FFF4N4T1C
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts

why remake 7 they should just make a sequelFADEMASTERZ

I think there have been enough subpar spin-offs...

Crisis Core was rather good but it's getting kind of old. I want the original :(

oldscratch82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 oldscratch82
[QUOTE="oldscratch82"][QUOTE="Groove60"]

[QUOTE="oldscratch82"]and the ps3 doesnt have a distant future. .I doubt they will be in production by the end of 2009. ianuilliam

So tell me, after you've played MGS4 whats coming to the ps3 that the xbox doesnt have an answer to?

DaF1GURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DaF1GURE
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
everyone calmed the f****K down everything is going to be all right ........ obviously its a joke right ....man ya sure got hehe guys you sure got me
heyheydoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 heyheydoh
Member since 2005 • 1859 Posts
[QUOTE="Groove60"]

[QUOTE="oldscratch82"]and the ps3 doesnt have a distant future. .I doubt they will be in production by the end of 2009. oldscratch82

Well, actually, I bought my ps3 for everything coming out for it. Never played a mgs game before 4, never played a final fantasy game except 12. So none of those games were a factor of my purchase, they were just games I were going to play on my ps3. And right now I'm only playing Rock Band on my 360, so yeah... barely anything on 360 worth playing right now.

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
[QUOTE="ianuilliam"][QUOTE="oldscratch82"][QUOTE="Groove60"]

So tell me, after you've played MGS4 whats coming to the ps3 that the xbox doesnt have an answer to?

You're turning this into a System Wars thread. And now it gets locked. Sony has and still continues to bring more original IPs to the table than any other First Party publisher. That's a fact. So a third party game goes multi-plat? Guess what, it is not going to be far off that ALL third party games are multi-plat. The only difference will be 1st party games and features. I bought a 60gig PS3 shortly after launch because

1) 360 had an unacceptable failure rate

2)I was interested in the exclusives (Assassin's Creed, Resistance, Folklore, Warhawk, Uncharted, MGS4, FF13, Heavenly Sword, etc.). Now, some of those stopped being exclusive. Ok, I still got to play them. And most of those are already out. Ok, they are still great games, and for someone that hasn't bought a next-gen console, they are still reasons to pick one over the other. Now that most of those are out, there are more coming (LBP, Resistance2, Killzone2, GoW3, GT5, White Knite Story, etc.). You'll notice that a great deal of these are first party.

3)To get a console with all the features that I wanted would have cost a lot. X-360 elite 479 + rechargable battery kit and charger 30 + HDdvd add on 200 (initially) + wi-fi adaptor 100. That's over $800 already, and doesn't even factor in that HD-DVD was the inferior HD movie format. PS3 had all those things out the box at $600, plus BC. Now, the PS3 still has all those features, minus the BC, and is cheaper. 360 is still cheaper, except you still have to buy all that stuff seperately. Cost more then, costs more now.

So in answer to your question, after seeing Bioshock go Multi, with "additional ps3 content", what does the 360 have coming that the PS3 doesn't have answer to? Especially for someone that already has a PC as well...

Choco_Taco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Choco_Taco
Member since 2007 • 573 Posts
[QUOTE="oldscratch82"][QUOTE="Groove60"]

[QUOTE="oldscratch82"]and the ps3 doesnt have a distant future. .I doubt they will be in production by the end of 2009. ianuilliam

YES!!!! I finally get to use it:twisted:

Choco_Taco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Choco_Taco
Member since 2007 • 573 Posts

Man, sometimes I wish I can make fanboys disappear like Cyclops in X-3:|. Both systems have great exclusives, so there's NO reason for this

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#87 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]Final Fantasy VII For the 360 confirmed! =DChoco_Taco

that was funny =)

LittleYoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LittleYoshi

[QUOTE="oldscratch82"]and the ps3 doesnt have a distant future. .I doubt they will be in production by the end of 2009. Choco_Taco

[/QUOTE/] Nerds with their "epic fails" I don't get it, but whatever it makes me laugh........I love video games, but not the systems.....fanboys of system, rock bands, cars or sports or whatever.....what's the differents? You got to like something right? BTW, shouldn't this topic be in the systems war forums....lol
Avatar image for holandes-voador
holandes-voador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 holandes-voador
Member since 2004 • 155 Posts
Am I the only one who does NOT want a FF VII remake? Why touch it, why change what's been done? It's perfect in its own right, leave it as it is. In fact, leave FF VII universe alone. There are no more questions to be answered, so why insist on touching it? When they do we get crap like FF Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. (I know Crysis Core was good, but it was the one thing left open in FF VII, but now it's fixed). I'd rather they just make something new, something fresh. Not meddle in the past.
TheSonOfUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 TheSonOfUgly
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts

Well it was confirmed that the game is coming for PS3 its just a matter of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ&feature=relate

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#91 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

[QUOTE="oldscratch82"]and the ps3 doesnt have a distant future. .I doubt they will be in production by the end of 2009. Choco_Taco

Well used. XD
Avatar image for holandes-voador
holandes-voador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 holandes-voador
Member since 2004 • 155 Posts

Well it was confirmed that the game is coming for PS3 its just a matter of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ&feature=relate

TheSonOfUgly

I didn't know that was a confirmation. I thought it was, as it says, just a tech demo.

barrett33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 barrett33
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
i love how in the ps3 forums the first 10 posts are people who own ps3's talking about information relevant to the ps3. then half of the posts after that are xbots hating on us for enjoying something that they dont like.... just let us talk amongst ourselfs for once..... or can you not read it says PS3 forums..... a topic like this shouldn't of turned into something you would find in system wars.... just play nice........ or to quote the joker " why so serious"
ss5vegetunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ss5vegetunks
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

I agree with this guy, so who cares, if 1 ps3 exclusive is not going to be an exclusive? as long as its coming out for ps3, then why would we even care? besides if you guys think about it, 360 is loosing more exclusives then us, and it doesnt matter, its not like final fantasy XII is only coming out for 360, its still coming out for ps3, so we still get to play it ! and dont go off topic, its not a systems war, its wether theres a remake of VII or not ( i wish there is, its the best final fantasy and the characters rock !) !

p.s: there are still a lot of ps3 exclusives: GoW 3, Killzone 2 and for all of u who dont know about this game, its called Infamous, check it out its a ps3 exclusive, and there are many more !

I hope they make a Final fantasy Vii remake for the PS3, it will be amazing !

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

Little Big Planet. And I find it amazing that you think the PS3 will move zero consoles in the next 7+ years. As we all know, Japan magically fell in love with Microsoft and is going to support 100% overnight.

Keep in mind, not everyone that buys a gaming console comes to GameSpot or another gaming sight and researches who has what, they usually upgrade what their kids have or ask for (i.e. if they have a slim PS2, chances are, the youngster may ask for a PS3, and the parents will consider it around xmas time).

Nik_Hasri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Nik_Hasri
Member since 2006 • 224 Posts
[QUOTE="oldscratch82"][QUOTE="ianuilliam"][QUOTE="oldscratch82"][QUOTE="Groove60"]

You're turning this into a System Wars thread. And now it gets locked. Sony has and still continues to bring more original IPs to the table than any other First Party publisher. That's a fact. So a third party game goes multi-plat? Guess what, it is not going to be far off that ALL third party games are multi-plat. The only difference will be 1st party games and features. I bought a 60gig PS3 shortly after launch because

1) 360 had an unacceptable failure rate

2)I was interested in the exclusives (Assassin's Creed, Resistance, Folklore, Warhawk, Uncharted, MGS4, FF13, Heavenly Sword, etc.). Now, some of those stopped being exclusive. Ok, I still got to play them. And most of those are already out. Ok, they are still great games, and for someone that hasn't bought a next-gen console, they are still reasons to pick one over the other. Now that most of those are out, there are more coming (LBP, Resistance2, Killzone2, GoW3, GT5, White Knite Story, etc.). You'll notice that a great deal of these are first party.

3)To get a console with all the features that I wanted would have cost a lot. X-360 elite 479 + rechargable battery kit and charger 30 + HDdvd add on 200 (initially) + wi-fi adaptor 100. That's over $800 already, and doesn't even factor in that HD-DVD was the inferior HD movie format. PS3 had all those things out the box at $600, plus BC. Now, the PS3 still has all those features, minus the BC, and is cheaper. 360 is still cheaper, except you still have to buy all that stuff seperately. Cost more then, costs more now.

So in answer to your question, after seeing Bioshock go Multi, with "additional ps3 content", what does the 360 have coming that the PS3 doesn't have answer to? Especially for someone that already has a PC as well...

I agree with u....

1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

Give me FFVII re-make now!!!