Best Call Of Duty Game? (POLL)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by h3LL_ZinKy69 (184 posts) -

I have no clue whether this has been done before, but thought it would be cool :)

#2 Posted by gameofthering (11087 posts) -

COD2 & COD4

#3 Posted by shaunchgo (4605 posts) -
Call of Duty 2 - campaign Black Ops / Modern Warfare(1) - multiplayer
#4 Posted by hkymike (2425 posts) -
AFter CoD 4 CoD went down the drain and not worth the money anymore
#5 Posted by THEGoD1 (741 posts) -
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is what started this whole Call of Duty craze. It is also the one that was the most original and just plain fun. The rest in my opinion quickly started going down the drain.
#6 Posted by fusionhunter (2009 posts) -

AFter CoD 4 CoD went down the drain and not worth the money anymorehkymike
This, so original and plain fun. Now it's just not realistic anymore. COD4 will always be the King of CoD for me and many othrers.

#8 Posted by rawrB (627 posts) -

weres option for original callof duty ? or cod 2 ? both the best cod games by far before modern warfare

#9 Posted by funsohng (29841 posts) -
Call of Duty 1 and Call of Duty 4.
#10 Posted by Atremia (77 posts) -
I'd say Black Ops is the best.Yes it has issues,but it's got the best content out of any CoD game.
#11 Posted by oajlu (2652 posts) -

I'd say Black Ops is the best.Yes it has issues,but it's got the best content out of any CoD game.Atremia

the issues are just too big to be ignored. Poor resolution and framerate really kills this game on PS3 especially to players with nice and large HDTV.

I agree with content, but on PS3, it's probably the worst COD game.

Most of my friends stop playing BO and return to MW2 or GT5, I sold mine a month ago since I really dont enjoy playing it in such low resolution and consistently slow framerate issues.

btw resolution matter, low resolution like BO makes it very hard to aim small target on screen, sometimes it's too blurred to tell whether it's a player or environment.

#12 Posted by Texas2089 (16490 posts) -
Only ones I've played are MW2 and Black Ops and out of those 2 I think Black Ops is better.
#13 Posted by 1bigsmoke55 (6856 posts) -

CoD4 and CoD united Offensive.

Black Ops isn't too bad, i just like zombies and MP to some degree.

#14 Posted by volume_three (2142 posts) -

Campaign: COD 2

Online: Modern Warefare

:D

#15 Posted by AvatarMan96 (7324 posts) -

MW2 is the best, the rest are overrated in my mind :D Ok fanboys, criticize me

#16 Posted by StealthMonkey4 (7434 posts) -

CoD2 > CoD1 > MW2 > MW1 > WaW > CoD3

(I haven't played Black Ops yet)

#17 Posted by 1bigsmoke55 (6856 posts) -

MW2 is the best, the rest are overrated in my mind :D Ok fanboys, criticize me

Your Opinion.

#18 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

The best overall hands down is COD4. It has the best story, and in my opinion the multiplayer was the best in the series while it still retained some simplicity. MW2 was the best game performing technically - it had good graphics and a great framerate - but it was also the worst in terms of balance in multiplayer, and the story was rather poor, to say the least. Black Ops is a good game in terms of content, and the story is quite excellent - but it's just a complete mess on the technical side of things. Poor framerate and graphics, plus numerous (and quite frankly, gamebreaking) connection issues in online multiplayer. I can't speak for WAW since I never played it, but the game that started it all and that is still king is COD4.

#20 Posted by Rakuho (7008 posts) -
I've yet to play a cod game that was as fun as cod4... granted, that's partly due to it being the original cod to integrate the whole perks/kill-streaks package to the multiplayer, which -back then- was a breath of very fresh air.
#21 Posted by GreyFoXX4 (3612 posts) -

If I can't vote none, then it will have to be cod4.

#22 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Single player - MW2

Multiplayer - None

#23 Posted by amourkiss (1751 posts) -

Black OPs for me

#24 Posted by paradigm68 (5588 posts) -
Idk, Black Ops I suppose just cause the super fun Spiltscreen Zombie mode. While W@W was the one to introduce Zombie mode, if one has the Hardened version of Black Ops like I do, then you have the most levels.
#25 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

You're missing CoD2, which would be my choice hands-down, though I DO like WaW and Blops.

#26 Posted by supa_badman (16714 posts) -

CoD 4, hands down.

#27 Posted by bobdood99 (1862 posts) -
CoD 4. I mean just about every game mimics it to some extent.
#28 Posted by ElPadilla (609 posts) -

I know some of you console babies don't know it, but there were COD's made before COD4MW. Call of Duty United Offensive would be my favorite and should be in the poll.

#29 Posted by d_parker (2128 posts) -

Call of Duty World at War gets my vote.

#30 Posted by dirtydishko2 (787 posts) -
COD4 by far. Original. Innovative. Balanced. All the rest are copy and pastes with bells and whistles.
#31 Posted by paradigm68 (5588 posts) -

I know some of you console babies don't know it, but there were COD's made before COD4MW. Call of Duty United Offensive would be my favorite and should be in the poll.

ElPadilla
Yeah sure, seems more like you choose the only PC exclusive Call of Duty so you could act smug.
#32 Posted by Sloan360 (1449 posts) -

Modern Warfare and Black Ops are tied for me. If Black Ops is tweaked some more i'd give the 1st place ribbon to it.

#33 Posted by GAMBIT1551 (384 posts) -

Definatly COD4 by FAR. Most balanced and just most fun in general. Followed by Black ops though, it's good but idk there's something about that's not really wanting me to come back to it really.

#34 Posted by atc-fanatic (973 posts) -

easily cod2 was the best single&multiplayer!!!

#35 Posted by ElPadilla (609 posts) -

[QUOTE="ElPadilla"]

paradigm68

Yeah sure, seems more like you choose the only PC exclusive Call of Duty so you could act smug.

I'm sorry no smugness on my part it was an amazing game. If you look at my collection I have them all so my opinion matters that much more. I just thought it was funny that he asked what's the best call of duty and only included the most recent ones on console hence the term "console baby", or a young person who doesn't know gaming existed prior to a 360 or PS3. I challenge you to find a PC that can run United Offensive and play the Battle of the Bulge level and the Battle of Kirsk and not find those levels more intense then all 4 of the games included in the poll. Also play the multiplayer which still has a small devoted community and tell me it's still not better then the current offerings before you make your uniformed infantile comments. I'll be waiting for your reply.

#36 Posted by asz_2 (984 posts) -
well im with the other 18 that picked MW2, black ops was good from the start seemed fresh but there is something seriously wrong with it, online and everything. I think if zombies were in mw2 it'd get alot more votes from others in fact ive stopped playing black ops and now want to revert back to mw2.
#37 Posted by coolkid93 (6732 posts) -

CoD: MW. I like MWs online better than MW2 and MW2s story better than MWs.

#38 Posted by rawrB (627 posts) -

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is what started this whole Call of Duty craze. It is also the one that was the most original and just plain fun. The rest in my opinion quickly started going down the drain.THEGoD1

not really seen as the ' craze' has been going since cod 1 on pc when it was an awsome game then . when it started focusing on consoles i belive it started dieng a little every year i own both consoles atm an my pc is dead however i do sound pretty pc fan boy here ha.

#39 Posted by rawrB (627 posts) -

[QUOTE="paradigm68"][QUOTE="ElPadilla"]

ElPadilla

I'm sorry no smugness on my part it was an amazing game. If you look at my collection I have them all so my opinion matters that much more. I just thought it was funny that he asked what's the best call of duty and only included the most recent ones on console hence the term "console baby", or a young person who doesn't know gaming existed prior to a 360 or PS3. I challenge you to find a PC that can run United Offensive and play the Battle of the Bulge level and the Battle of Kirsk and not find those levels more intense then all 4 of the games included in the poll. Also play the multiplayer which still has a small devoted community and tell me it's still not better then the current offerings before you make your uniformed infantile comments. I'll be waiting for your reply.

ahh some one else who knew what a real call of duty was lol united offensive was AWSOME