Be honest, how many ps3 owners actualy play ps2 games??

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uschris0304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 uschris0304
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts
I just bought a 60GB PS3 off ebay for $420 off ebay mainly for BC, but now I see 60GB going for around 500 just for used or refurbished ones. The new ones around 6 bills. So now I am thinking maybe I should sell my new 60GB for 6 bills, and see if I can find a new 40 GB for 350 bills, so I'd be getting a ps3 for less the 200. ...I've just been thinking I remember when PS2 came out, and how cool I thought it was that it plays ps1 games, but in the end I dont think I ever played one of my old ps1 games on it. What for?? at the time the ps2 games looked so good, why go back to ps1....Now I am thinking the same thing. The only ps2 games I can even think of wanting to play again are my old GTA games, but with GTA 4 coming out, with next gen graphics and in HD, why would I want to go back to playing old ps2 games with not so great graphics compared to whats out now a days. So are there any PS3 owners who bought a PS3 with BC thinking they would need it, but ended up playing only ps3 games and not touching there old ps2 games?? Just curious (This question doesnt really apply to ps3 owners since launch day, because ofcourse you played ps2 games. all you had on the ps3 was Resistance and Blu Ray movies for the 1st year, lol)
MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts

I just bought a 60GB PS3 off ebay for $420 off ebay mainly for BC, but now I see 60GB going for around 500 just for used or refurbished ones. The new ones around 6 bills. So now I am thinking maybe I should sell my new 60GB for 6 bills, and see if I can find a new 40 GB for 350 bills, so I'd be getting a ps3 for less the 200. ...I've just been thinking I remember when PS2 came out, and how cool I thought it was that it plays ps1 games, but in the end I dont think I ever played one of my old ps1 games on it. What for?? at the time the ps2 games looked so good, why go back to ps1....Now I am thinking the same thing. The only ps2 games I can even think of wanting to play again are my old GTA games, but with GTA 4 coming out, with next gen graphics and in HD, why would I want to go back to playing old ps2 games with not so great graphics compared to whats out now a days. So are there any PS3 owners who bought a PS3 with BC thinking they would need it, but ended up playing only ps3 games and not touching there old ps2 games?? Just curious (This question doesnt really apply to ps3 owners since launch day, because ofcourse you played ps2 games. all you had on the ps3 was Resistance and Blu Ray movies for the 1st year, lol)uschris0304

It's glaringly obvious all you care about is graphics, so yeah, go with the 40gb. Also, I doubt you will get much help with ignorant statements like the last couple of lines in your post (ignorant, as in, not knowing what you are talking about).

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Mariofreak1216
Member since 2004 • 1034 Posts

I own a ton of consoles, and I constantly go back to play Super Mario World and Mike Tysons Punch Out!!!

Your logic just sucks.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts
I have more PS2 games than PS3 games. You can buy many great PS2 games cheap, some new, and play them on the PS3 just fine. There are some PS3 games out there, but I'm going to wait a bit before I start spending $$$ on PS3 games; Hopefully some will drop in price.
GEMINIVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GEMINIVice
Member since 2007 • 1139 Posts
When I first got my 60 gig, I used it to play (and enjoy) FFXII. Now, I mostly play PS3 games, I own seven. I pop in the PS2 version of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 from time to time, but I don't play it long because it just doesn't look right to me (I've got my PS3 set to HD settings).
vitonemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 vitonemesis
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts
trust me kid u will miss playing your ps2 games i went the same way bot the ps3 40GB. now i really miss playing ps2 games that i will buy a 99.00 ps2 at target today :D
raven_syn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 raven_syn
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
only play singstar on it..
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#8 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I dont think you've heard of something called gameplay TC. I still play ff8 and mgs1. Why? Because they're still excellent games.
Pure_Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Pure_Awesome
Member since 2006 • 1684 Posts
I use it for my PS2 games.
alexphoto01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 alexphoto01
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Only for PS3 games and movies lol.. but there are many who do play ps2 games frequently
plagueseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 plagueseason
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
I just got done playing Silent Hill 2 on my 60gb PS3, so yes, I do use it for PS2 games; especially because I missed out on a ton of great titles when I wasn't lurking around the interwebz for reviews.
shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts

i do. never had a ps2 so i am going back and buying all the hot titles even as far back as ff10

you can get them cheap and lots of them are more fun anyway... i got socom this weekend.

Avatar image for gintheplacetobe
gintheplacetobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gintheplacetobe
Member since 2003 • 4512 Posts

Simple...

gameplay > graphics.

Although I do agree with the TC on certian points. It will be very difficult for me to go back to one of the PS2 GTA's after #4 comes out. But that is mostly because they offer similar gameplay with GTA4 having drastically improved graphics. Most of the PS2 games I still play on my PS3 are ones that had unique gameplay that hasn't been replicated yet on a newer title. For example, I still play my copies of Frequency and Amplitude all the time. I even have a Xenogears and FF7 save on my PS3 HDD.

iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iamsickofspam
Member since 2007 • 1043 Posts

I completed God of War 1 and God of War 2 on my ps3, i also did Tomb Raider Anniversary, i have yet to complete FFXII, Shadow of the Collosus, ICO, and a few other PS2 games i have started on my ps3.

When i actually have the money to buy a PSP im probably going to be remote playing craploads of PS1 games for a while.

TYLERxDURDEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TYLERxDURDEN
Member since 2007 • 292 Posts

I played Legend of Dragoon all the way through just last fall and thats a PS1 game. The gameplay and storyline is the most important thing to me and thats why I got a PS3. FFXIII, White Knight Chronicles, Oblivion, Fallout 3, MGS4, etc etc...

Not to mention all the just spectacular games from ps1 and ps2

hsaitou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hsaitou
Member since 2005 • 243 Posts

Well, I´ve never bought an ps2, so for me the 60GB one is perfect, i´m buying a lot of ps2 games that I´ve always wanted to play, most of them are JRPG´s, since the PS3 is really lacking in that area for now. I spend most of the time in my ps3 playing ps2 games, I cant stop playing Xenosaga series now.

Demeritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Demeritus
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts
since i got my 60gb i bought ps2 since i never had one and missed some games i really wanted to play like the Xenosaga series, God of War, and one of my old classic favorites; tekken tag tournament
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts

i've only played GoW1, GoW2 and final Fantasy 8.

LordReithgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LordReithgar
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts
I sitll play Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Ace Combat 5 and Zero on a regular basis, I'm going through finishing Rogue Galaxy and I plan to buy Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 when it does come out. I have a library of over 35 Ps2 games without including my Ps1 games. I get back from time to time to all of these games. So yeah I think BC is an important matter for me. And also, when GTA IV comes out, I'll still play GTA III and San Andreas from time to time, because guess what? even if they doesn't have top edge graphic quality, they're still awesome games.
LordReithgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LordReithgar
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts

Well, I´ve never bought an ps2, so for me the 60GB one is perfect, i´m buying a lot of ps2 games that I´ve always wanted to play, most of them are JRPG´s, since the PS3 is really lacking in that area for now. I spend most of the time in my ps3 playing ps2 games, I cant stop playing Xenosaga series now.

hsaitou

If you enjoyed teh Xenosaga, I highly recommend Xenogears for the Ps1, you'll love that game even more even though it was rushed for the last portion tremendously.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#21 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

I just bought a 60GB PS3 off ebay for $420 off ebay mainly for BC, but now I see 60GB going for around 500 just for used or refurbished ones. The new ones around 6 bills. So now I am thinking maybe I should sell my new 60GB for 6 bills, and see if I can find a new 40 GB for 350 bills, so I'd be getting a ps3 for less the 200. ...I've just been thinking I remember when PS2 came out, and how cool I thought it was that it plays ps1 games, but in the end I dont think I ever played one of my old ps1 games on it. What for?? at the time the ps2 games looked so good, why go back to ps1....Now I am thinking the same thing. The only ps2 games I can even think of wanting to play again are my old GTA games, but with GTA 4 coming out, with next gen graphics and in HD, why would I want to go back to playing old ps2 games with not so great graphics compared to whats out now a days. So are there any PS3 owners who bought a PS3 with BC thinking they would need it, but ended up playing only ps3 games and not touching there old ps2 games?? Just curious (This question doesnt really apply to ps3 owners since launch day, because ofcourse you played ps2 games. all you had on the ps3 was Resistance and Blu Ray movies for the 1st year, lol)uschris0304

I don't care if some self rightious "I own all consoles" guy calls me out for this, they can just check my sig and shut up. I'm saying this anyways:

Sell your PS3 already and get out. Your mind has been made up from the very start.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
ive spent much more time on ps2 games then i have on ps3 ones
alexbhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 alexbhp
Member since 2007 • 322 Posts
I actually bought GOD OF WAR after I bought my PS3... and then I bought my DS3, GoW and DS3 = perfect combination.
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts

[QUOTE="uschris0304"]I just bought a 60GB PS3 off ebay for $420 off ebay mainly for BC, but now I see 60GB going for around 500 just for used or refurbished ones. The new ones around 6 bills. So now I am thinking maybe I should sell my new 60GB for 6 bills, and see if I can find a new 40 GB for 350 bills, so I'd be getting a ps3 for less the 200. ...I've just been thinking I remember when PS2 came out, and how cool I thought it was that it plays ps1 games, but in the end I dont think I ever played one of my old ps1 games on it. What for?? at the time the ps2 games looked so good, why go back to ps1....Now I am thinking the same thing. The only ps2 games I can even think of wanting to play again are my old GTA games, but with GTA 4 coming out, with next gen graphics and in HD, why would I want to go back to playing old ps2 games with not so great graphics compared to whats out now a days. So are there any PS3 owners who bought a PS3 with BC thinking they would need it, but ended up playing only ps3 games and not touching there old ps2 games?? Just curious (This question doesnt really apply to ps3 owners since launch day, because ofcourse you played ps2 games. all you had on the ps3 was Resistance and Blu Ray movies for the 1st year, lol)Symphonycometh

I don't care if some self rightious "I own all consoles" guy calls me out for this, they can just check my sig and shut up. I'm saying this anyways:

Sell your PS3 already and get out. Your mind has been made up from the very start.

well said and lol xD great blog post...
aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
I play them.
hsaitou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hsaitou
Member since 2005 • 243 Posts
[QUOTE="hsaitou"]

LordReithgar

If you enjoyed teh Xenosaga, I highly recommend Xenogears for the Ps1, you'll love that game even more even though it was rushed for the last portion tremendously.

I was thinking in playing Xenogears, But first I need to finish at least the first Xenosaga, since i´m already in the middle of it.

Once I finish it, I Think I´ll give Xenogears a try.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

i play ps2 games

as a matter of fact i'm playing ff12, (i started it late so i'm less than half way through)

I recently played gow1 and 2 (on the 60gig ps3 cuzz my ps2 didn't read them) as i adopted those titles pretty late as well.

eventually i'm not going to even play ps2 games, but not because of graphics but simply due to the fact that i rarely go back and replay games i finished (excluding some shooters and favorites)

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts
Being honest, the only reason I am not playing my PS2 games atm is cause I got CoD4 last week. But before that, I was replaying Okami, Shadow of the Colossus and MGS3:D. I love my PS2 and PS1 games and I like to dust them off every once in a while.
gamegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gamegod
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts
i play ps2 games all the time and the upconversion makes them better on ps3
wayfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wayfast
Member since 2005 • 248 Posts

I traded all my ps2 games for my ps3 lol.

splodge200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 splodge200
Member since 2004 • 139 Posts
im still playing my ps1 games! good ol crash bandicoots before they went crap! mgs then on ps2 mgs 2 mgs 3. even the good ol bloody raw!! i still think its one of the best fightings games around :P even played the old gta! but i do agree the newer ones are a billion times better. also still cant resist the awsome adventures that is god of war 1 and 2
Maersyndel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Maersyndel
Member since 2005 • 402 Posts
On and off.....maybe once a month for PS2 games. I still have loads I want to finish, but it's tough finding the time amongst all the new PS3/PSP/360 games....
DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts
I have no desire to play PS2 games....none.
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts

I play lots of PS2 games on it.

I'd rather play a really good game than a bad game in HD.

TheCyberKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheCyberKnight
Member since 2003 • 804 Posts
FFX and FFXII here
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
I used to play ps2 games all the time when i got my ps3. Now that i have more ps3 games, i don't really touch them anymore
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts
Man, I say PS2 games in general are better currently. I'll still put in some San Andreas, FFXII and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. About a month ago I started a new FFVIII file on my PS3. :)
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#38 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]

[QUOTE="uschris0304"]I just bought a 60GB PS3 off ebay for $420 off ebay mainly for BC, but now I see 60GB going for around 500 just for used or refurbished ones. The new ones around 6 bills. So now I am thinking maybe I should sell my new 60GB for 6 bills, and see if I can find a new 40 GB for 350 bills, so I'd be getting a ps3 for less the 200. ...I've just been thinking I remember when PS2 came out, and how cool I thought it was that it plays ps1 games, but in the end I dont think I ever played one of my old ps1 games on it. What for?? at the time the ps2 games looked so good, why go back to ps1....Now I am thinking the same thing. The only ps2 games I can even think of wanting to play again are my old GTA games, but with GTA 4 coming out, with next gen graphics and in HD, why would I want to go back to playing old ps2 games with not so great graphics compared to whats out now a days. So are there any PS3 owners who bought a PS3 with BC thinking they would need it, but ended up playing only ps3 games and not touching there old ps2 games?? Just curious (This question doesnt really apply to ps3 owners since launch day, because ofcourse you played ps2 games. all you had on the ps3 was Resistance and Blu Ray movies for the 1st year, lol)CosmoKing7717

well said and lol xD great blog post...

Yeah. It's funny how they "vanish" when I mention stuff like that. :lol:

btf504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 btf504
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts
There are games I would like to play from the PS2, but I'm having too much fun with my PS3 games to play them. In short, no, I don't play PS2 games any more.
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
I play PS2 games every now and then.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
FFX and FFXII hereTheCyberKnight
yea FFXII has probly gotten the most play on my system
FroMZeRo2HeRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FroMZeRo2HeRO
Member since 2008 • 720 Posts

I still play my PS2 games but not as much as i play my PS3, I still have to finish Wild Arms 5 (at sector M for those who care),Disgaea 2, and i have yet to open up Soul Nomad, also if Ar Tonelico 2 comes stateside, i will be buying that for sure!

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I play PS2 games a lot. I bought Devil May Cry 3 a month ago and I'm playing that now. I play God Of War a lot also.
FroMZeRo2HeRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FroMZeRo2HeRO
Member since 2008 • 720 Posts

[QUOTE="TheCyberKnight"]FFX and FFXII here-DirtySanchez-
yea FFXII has probly gotten the most play on my system

Yea I believe i have clocked in about 135-140 hours on FFXII, i still have to get that last esper, but that dungeon where it is,is crazy!

Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

#45 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts

i do. never had a ps2 so i am going back and buying all the hot titles even as far back as ff10

shroom76
Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts
not aa lot, I wouldnt miss it a lot if I had the 40 gig, bit it is nice to have it. few months ago I was playing shadow of a colosus on it and it was cool going back and playing it again
Dirty3rdTex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dirty3rdTex
Member since 2007 • 635 Posts
I use my 60 gig system for all my playstation needs. It nice to be able to play all 3 generations of games on one system.
Carl0009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#48 Carl0009
Member since 2004 • 495 Posts

I have A PS2 And a PS3, Yes the PS3 games look pretty and It even has some good games, But PS2s Okami, God Of War, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei, METAL GEAR, Just to name a few, are KING/GOD in gameplay.

I actaully enjoy good graphics, But If Super Mario Bros. for the NES plays better than some Next gen title, I will certanly lean for SMB, why? cause games are for be PLAYED, NOT to be LOOKED at.

I really hate it when people say Next Gen rocks, cause the previus gen has so many epic games, that it dosen't compare the ones released up until now, so In 3 or 4 years, when this generation its at is peak, will see what it has to offer, but right now old generation overkills this one easily, hands down.

Now that I realize I have played PS2 all this week, and left the PS3 pilling up dust..., err, Lets play some DMC4, lol.

P.S. PS2 has great RPGs, PS3 has like 2.

Side-Note: I love my PS3, but man, its just a baby, it needs like 3 to 4 years to have the orgasmic games the PS2 has.

Avatar image for CasinoOutlaw247
CasinoOutlaw247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#49 CasinoOutlaw247
Member since 2005 • 786 Posts

I agree with MyzeDevine. Get it through your head: you CANNOT beat the classics! I still play the old school games especially Super Nintendo games. Oh, and of course I still play PS2 games on the PS3! doesn't matter if I own GTA IV or MGS4 I'll still fire up some Marvel VS. Capcom 2 or Fire Pro Wrestling from time to time. What's wrong with that?

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CSXLoser
Member since 2005 • 1621 Posts
i sometimes play more ps2 games than ps3 games on my ps3 lol