Bayonetta Any Good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

I just watched the IGN review and they said the ps3 version is worse then 360, because of loading, screen tearing etc.

I also played the demo and it seems good, but i want to know is it worth 38$ on Ebay?

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
They patched it actually.. the load times are much better.. and i just beat the entire game twice in a row last week and i didn't notice any screen tearing.. playing in 1080p on a 50in Plasma... Its easily the best hack and slash ever made..
k_ozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 k_ozz
Member since 2007 • 1088 Posts

Much better after the patch.....

AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts

picked it up the other week myself, its defiantly worth picking up. be prepared for a little slowdown in places though, the level on the highway is particularly choppy.

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
The game is good, very very good :)
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
The update for it got pretty fast for the loading time. too fast didnt I didn't even get a breake, took me back to the game too quick. good thing but bad in some way.... this game got pretty good action.
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

It still has problems though. Unless you really like the game and just don't own a 360, then you might feel a bit vexed at some of the problems still present.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

You're better off buying NGS/2 and or GOW3. Unless of course you want an excuse to watch a tranny take her clothes off everytime you do an over the top lame attack. In that case Bayonetta it is :P But I found the gameplay to be extremely overrated, NGS2 is still the most satisfying game in terms of combat.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
A good, but not great game. TBH, I liked it better than GOW 3 ...not worth full price, but worth $40
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
It is good. Granted does not ran anywhere close to as good as the 360 but it is still a fun and challengening game
jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

Thanks Guys, and I have Gow 1 & 2 and have played Gow 3. And I heard Ninja Gaiden Is Really difficult, so i dont know if ill be checking that out.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Swift_Boss_A

Thanks Guys, and I have Gow 1 & 2 and have played Gow 3. And I heard Ninja Gaiden Is Really difficult, so i dont know if ill be checking that out.

jdiamnz69

NGS and NGS2 are not difficulty to the point where it becomes frustrating. There is a learning curve but once you get a hold of the controls and moves you will find them to be really satisfying games.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

[QUOTE="jdiamnz69"]

Swift_Boss_A

NGS and NGS2 are not difficulty to the point where it becomes frustrating. There is a learning curve but once you get a hold of the controls and moves you will find them to be really satisfying games.

Bayonetta's pretty hard too, but it's got difficulty levels. Not sure if OVERRATED Gaiden or OG2 has that.

Bayonetta's your best bet if you've played all the God of War's and Devil May Cry's. Just expect the story to be only three quarters cohesive on your first playthrough and the difficulty to be relentless.

Don't listen to this fool Swift_lolwat_A.

:lol:

9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 9mmSpliff
Member since 2005 • 21751 Posts
patch helped it, cause it was horrible before
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Swift_Boss_A
NGS2 too has different difficulty settings... like all games. You know what TC I'll just leave it to you. Do you want to play as a super cool leather-clad Ninja or a maybe chic, maybe dude Bayonetta? If your choice is the latter you are better off buying Hentai. LOL
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
It's a great game. :) Totally worth it. Just be sure to install it. ;)
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
I thought it was great, and that was well before the patch.
Tolinoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tolinoli
Member since 2005 • 173 Posts

If you love the DMC series you probably think this game is mediocore, due to the overpowered evade-ability, but yeah, it's a solid game overall. Haven't noticed any screentearing or something except for a few FPS drops in some levels.

herukuti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 herukuti
Member since 2009 • 379 Posts

id play it if you have the chance; but that sounds expensive.gamestop sells used and gamefly is sub based rental.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

[QUOTE="jdiamnz69"]

Swift_Boss_A

The first NGS? YES. It was frustrating. The game is about a hard as GOW. Fighting with a camera and controls that hate you isn't a learning curve. NGS is way overrated in my opinion. Especially for it's BS "word of mouth rep" for being hard. It's a load of crap. It's a weak structured game coming from a company too obsessed with "poly-chick boobs" in a volley ball game.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Been playing it a lot lately. I played it some without downloading the patch because my internet was out when I bought it but the patch made things a lot better and the load times are much more bearable. It's probably the best hack and slash this gen gameplay wise. It's right up there with Sigma 1 and 2. It's story isn't too impressive but honestly who cares about story in a game like this?

Verdict: Definitely buy it. You can get it for $30 new at Gamestop

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

[QUOTE="jdiamnz69"]

Denji

The first NGS? YES. It was frustrating. The game is about a hard as GOW. Fighting with a camera and controls that hate you isn't a learning curve. NGS is way overrated in my opinion. Especially for it's BS "word of mouth rep" for being hard. It's a load of crap. It's a weak structured game coming from a company too obsessed with "poly-chick boobs" in a volley ball game.

The camera can be annoying at times but they do have a button (R1?) that centers the camera and makes it a lot better. Whats wrong with the controls though? Everything is mapped out well and the controls are really responsive

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

[QUOTE="jdiamnz69"]

Denji

I thought the 2nd game was much better and wasn't as hard. I got stuck on the first boss in NGS for MONTHS! Took me forever to beat him.
San_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 San_09
Member since 2009 • 1206 Posts
[QUOTE="Denji"]

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

Ultrabeatdown55

I thought the 2nd game was much better and wasn't as hard. I got stuck on the first boss in NGS for MONTHS! Took me forever to beat him.

Wow, this must mean I'm not so bad at playing games. I beat NGS on normal, but got stuck on MIssion 8 (on hard, 2nd playthrough). Might come back to it. Those who have Demon's Souls and NGS, which game would you say is harder? Oh and Scianix-black (sorry if i spelt it wrong...) chill out, he's only giving his opinion.... DMC 3= Best Hack and slash adventure ever, imo.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Swift_Boss_A

[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="Denji"]

San_09

Scianix-black (sorry if i spelt it wrong...) chill out, he's only giving his opinion.... DMC 3= Best Hack and slash adventure ever, imo.

It's cool dude, Scianix is just playing around :P BTW I agree regarding DMC3 :D Sooo awesome, everything about it buuut the original DMC still holds a special place in my heart because it essentially introduced the frantic action genre though Onimusha did release before it.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="Denji"]

San_09

Wow, this must mean I'm not so bad at playing games. I beat NGS on normal, but got stuck on MIssion 8 (on hard, 2nd playthrough). Might come back to it. Those who have Demon's Souls and NGS, which game would you say is harder? Oh and Scianix-black (sorry if i spelt it wrong...) chill out, he's only giving his opinion.... DMC 3= Best Hack and slash adventure ever, imo.

lol, He knows I was just joking. We joke around a lot like that.

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

I just watched the IGN review and they said the ps3 version is worse then 360, because of loading, screen tearing etc.

I also played the demo and it seems good, but i want to know is it worth 38$ on Ebay?

jdiamnz69
on the demo , look at the trees and rotate the camera. Its like 2d items in Doom 1. I wanna know if the final version is like that. I'm getting it tomorrow.
Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bow-T_88
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is lame, I sold it after collecting a couple trophies. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 was better
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Swift_Boss_A

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is lame, I sold it after collecting a couple trophies. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 was betterBow-T_88

Yeah Im guessing the game proved too difficult for you lol

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bow-T_88
if it was difficult i wouldnt have gotten the trophy for beating it on * goes to check trophy list to get you the name of the difficulty* ,lol.I beat Ninja Gaiden from it was on Xbox, i Borrowed Sigma and it was easier, just like Ninja Gaiden Black was. I unlocked the classic ninja gaiden games on the Xbox Version too. On to this day, when i'm having trouble with a game, I say that I beat Ninja Gaiden on Xbox cuz it was harder on that
Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bow-T_88
You know what I hated about 2 that I liked about it when I saw it on 360, that it wasnt as bloody. Now that I think of it, 2 had some really faster action and more weapons.