Battlefield or Call of Duty

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gameplayguy677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gameplayguy677
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I like battlefield better but i do like the story of Cod

ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
I hate story to both. I did like COD but B3 looks awesome. Plus i wanna blow stuff up, ride in a jet, take a jeep or a tank for a spin, and have a bigger map. Thats the MP side of it anyways. Im getting both prolly cuz i do like the endings to MW's.
hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
Battlefield
fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

well if you only like cod for the story i would just get it off craigslist and get bf3 from the store, actually i'm waiting a week or 2 for cod player reviews and if it's good i'm getting it off craigslist

Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Laser_Hunter
Member since 2010 • 4780 Posts
if I'm playing alone: CoD if I'm playing with friends: Battlefield
Zensem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zensem
Member since 2011 • 62 Posts

Both. If you have to choose between either, you're miserable.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I like COD single player but Battlefield online.
Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

Call of Duty for both online and story.

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

I like COD single player but Battlefield online.wooooode

This goes for me as well. I could never get into COD multiplayer, but I loved the single player. With Battlefield its been just the opposite. I thought the single player was weak but the multiplayer was solid. As much as they are vying for the top spot, they could both certainly take a page from the others book in some regards.

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

Both. If you have to choose between either, you're miserable.

Zensem
Or you dont have enought money to warrant both purchases. Especially a rehashed game like COD. But im getting both. COD story is decent.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Call of Duty.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
i buy both bf3 xbox 360 and mw3 ps3 go and buy both if you can
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
This thread again?
NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts

I easily have enough money to buy both. But I'm going to rent COD and I've already pre-ordered Battlefield 3. Obviously going to play COD for the campaign and Battlefield for online. I stopped buying COD games after MW2. I'd like to see where the COD series would be at if they actually just named them:

Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare,
Call of Duty 4: World At War,
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2,
Call of Duty 4: Black Ops,
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 3.

elzouain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 elzouain
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

Only buy Call of Duty if you REALLY want to finish the story. CoD Online is well known for its connection based multiplayer, it doesn't matter if they promise to fix every game, there's always something to complain about. YOU WILL GET FRUSTRATED.

Battlefield is not like that, instead, you need to HELP your team, not only with kills, but with objectives and kits. Bullets go wherever you shoot them, no host migration in the middle of a game and even a simple noob will know what to do in every match.

*PS: I'm 15th Prestige in B.O. and started to play Bad Company 2 last month. My PSN ID is: moxila222 if you don't believe me.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
I like both.
Baconburgerdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Baconburgerdog
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I know and enjoy COD. Battlefield definately looks appealing, but I'll wait for reviews and possibly rent first.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
The story of COD? notsureifserious.jpg I m playing a lot of BF2 at the moment and i m loving it! But i m also a cod veteran ( with 200+ hrs on mp alone) COD died to me with mw2 its all about BATTLE FIELD baby!
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
Black Ops had the best story for me but being an owner of every Call of Duty since the beginning, I am going Battlefield so that I can experience something different.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I've had my fill of modern weapons, I wish CoD would go back to the WWII era. There's something great about the design and physics of the weapons from the WWII games that I like a lot better. I've enjoyed the modern weapons for awhile but I'd appreciate a return from either franchise. "CoD WaW" was a blast online, I loved the maps and the variations on Eurpoean and Pacific theaters...

... one more dusty desert town, and I'm gonna kill somebody!

:lol:

I'm sorta burned out on the military-based FPS right now, though. I gotta say. I will always love the genre, but I'd rather play scifi-themed games. BLOPs was sorta the last hurrah on my swing of the "modern" military stuff of late.

(SideNote: I think the R3 Beta stinks, so I'm not sure what to do for my Fall FPS'ing... )

:lol:

I think the map packs have really helped BLOPs stay fun, but I think (if I even buy another military-based FPS) I might be swayed to "Battlefield" based on what I've seen of the game vs "MW3". I think they've put up some pretty stiff competition with this up-coming game. It'll be interesting to watch the war of the titles. Like a good football game, the sides are pretty balanced and both have rabid fans... I see the artistry and attraction in both games, honestly. And I've been a CoD online player since "Finest Hour" on PS2 (played a ton of "Battlefield 2" on that PS2 as well, come to think of it), playing each successive title with CoD2 being the best online game of all... My point being, while not being a fanboy, I've been a devoted player more than any other FPS online community...

... But this new "Battlefield" looks to be really impressive. They seem to have sunk a few more hours into the game than a glorified stat-tracking service haughtily called "Elite" - I've straightened Bobby kotex's kid's teeth and paid for a year or two of their college by now, so I think I've done enough for Activision stock for awhile.

My money (if I buy either), goes to "Battlefield".

:)

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#21 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I enjoy Battlefield more, but I have to say though, that COD 4 was super amaizing. It had an awesome and epic SP and an amzing MP mode, WAW and BO were also pretty good too, but MW2 was pretty mediocre IMO. But overall Battlefield has more to do IMO like destructable environements, vehicles ect...

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
recomendation thread.
Gameplayguy677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gameplayguy677
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Im Not asking which one to get. I love Battlefield. I want to know what people think.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

Battlefield....for the PC. CoD for consoles. But im getting neither.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
I own Battlefield: Bad Company, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 1943 and I must say...Neither. The lag, disconnecting, and even freezing in online matches has put me off Battlefield. I have a fast, stable, wired connection and that crap simply shouldn't be happening.
doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts

i will be getting both.

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
I own Battlefield: Bad Company, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 1943 and I must say...Neither. The lag, disconnecting, and even freezing in online matches has put me off Battlefield. I have a fast, stable, wired connection and that crap simply shouldn't be happening.Hexagon_777
Personally, I've had much worse experiences with CoD servers than BF:BC servers.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hexagon_777
[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]I own Battlefield: Bad Company, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 1943 and I must say...Neither. The lag, disconnecting, and even freezing in online matches has put me off Battlefield. I have a fast, stable, wired connection and that crap simply shouldn't be happening.GodofBigMacs
Personally, I've had much worse experiences with CoD servers than BF:BC servers.

I don't own any CoD games and have only played CoD in multiplayer matches with friends locally. I guess I might buy one and see how the online is just to say that I gave it a chance. I am totally open to being pleasantly surprised, though. As in, no lag, random disconnecting, and freezing.
Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Laser_Hunter
[QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]I own Battlefield: Bad Company, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 1943 and I must say...Neither. The lag, disconnecting, and even freezing in online matches has put me off Battlefield. I have a fast, stable, wired connection and that crap simply shouldn't be happening.Hexagon_777

I don't own any CoD games and have only played CoD in multiplayer matches with friends locally. I guess I might buy one and see how the online is just to say that I gave it a chance. I am totally open to being pleasantly surprised, though. As in, no lag, random disconnecting, and freezing.

Lol don't get your hopes up... if you thought BC2 had issues, Black Ops will be much worse. And they aren't planning on changing much in the MP for MW3 so it will probably suffer the same issues.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hexagon_777
[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"][QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"]Personally, I've had much worse experiences with CoD servers than BF:BC servers. Laser_Hunter

Lol don't get your hopes up... if you thought BC2 had issues, Black Ops will be much worse. And they aren't planning on changing much in the MP for MW3 so it will probably suffer the same issues.

FML. See, this **** never happened on Red Faction: Guerrilla. The online worked beautifully. Thing is, I sucked at the online multiplayer in Red Faction: Guerrilla.
Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Laser_Hunter
[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]I don't own any CoD games and have only played CoD in multiplayer matches with friends locally. I guess I might buy one and see how the online is just to say that I gave it a chance. I am totally open to being pleasantly surprised, though. As in, no lag, random disconnecting, and freezing.Hexagon_777

FML. See, this **** never happened on Red Faction: Guerrilla. The online worked beautifully. Thing is, I sucked at the online multiplayer in Red Faction: Guerrilla.

May I suggest... Killzone? or Resistance... I've found both to have good servers and hardly ever experienced problems with them.
DeathMoJo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DeathMoJo1
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Battlefield
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hexagon_777
[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"] Lol don't get your hopes up... if you thought BC2 had issues, Black Ops will be much worse. And they aren't planning on changing much in the MP for MW3 so it will probably suffer the same issues.

May I suggest... Killzone? or Resistance... I've found both to have good servers and hardly ever experienced problems with them.

Ah, Resistance 3 will be out soon. True. I guess Sony and THQ can be trusted as opposed to EA and Activision.
NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts

I enjoy Battlefield more, but I have to say though, that COD 4 was super amaizing. It had an awesome and epic SP and an amzing MP mode, WAW and BO were also pretty good too, but MW2 was pretty mediocre IMO. But overall Battlefield has more to do IMO like destructable environements, vehicles ect...

ShadowMoses900
I think a lot of people would agree with you. COD 4 was epic. Shame that Activision haven't really pushed on with the series since then. Infact, arguably gone backwards. Battlefield BC1 did not compare at that time when everyone was looking for an FPS.
andrewrosati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 andrewrosati
Member since 2011 • 115 Posts

Battlefield. Won't be purchasing MW3, but I'll look up the storyline online to find out what happens.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

Call of Duty.

sukraj

same, ya i said COD, what of it?

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I like Battlefield 2 better than any of the modern warfare games, and I like the WWII Call of Duty's better than Battlefield games...

Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

Call of Duty. I didn't like BFBC2's multiplayer not fast paced enough for me.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
CoD - Story Battlefield - Environments (Graphically superior)
PulseMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PulseMonkey
Member since 2011 • 51 Posts
Call of duty all the way! Mw3 :D here we come haha
Maxzimus77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Maxzimus77
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts

BF3 all the way. The game looks fantastic, the graphics are jaw dropping, the experience looks a lot of fun and very immersive and on top of that COD is getting a bit dull and repetitive (I've bought al the recent games).

Can't wait for this game personally.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

In a nutshell,

elzouain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 elzouain
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

If you want your money worth don't buy Call of Duty. In MW2 and B.O. I've had the same problem, every time you reach a high rank (8th and 15th prestige in my case) you can notice the ingame problems very easly, it becomes frustrating and the fun isn't there anymore. Plus, year after year Activision promises to fix something.

Don't get me wrong, Battlefield has problems too, but not as bad as CoD.

JuanJo_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#44 JuanJo_H
Member since 2008 • 185 Posts

Battlefield 3 looks amazing! If I could buy only one of them I would buy Battlefield 3

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#45 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
COD will sell more copies, Battlefield 3 will be the higher quality title.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

well the MW story is just bad, and is a cheap way to bring you around the globe. Really, I had no idea what was happening by the end of MW2 and when they said the 1st level of MW3 is in NY (apparently copying pretty much scene by scene of Crysis 2 in the intro) I was completely confused on why the US was being invaded by someone. IDK if BF3 has a story, but if they do a more realisitic approach like MOH did then it may not be that bad.

Still, you play these games for the online, and while I like MW2 online and BC2 online (they both do well in their type of gameplay styles) I'd have to go with BF3. That game just looks to be amazing, and if the servers actually work (unlike BF3) it seems it will provide a lot of fun both on and off line. MW3 just looks like MW2, so I don't need to be getting it anytime soon.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Single player: COD. Very fond of veteran's cheapness.

Multiplayer: Battlefield

Battlefield 2's campaign was 'Meh' and Bad Company 1 and 2's were terrible IMO. Though judging from the footage released so far of Battlefield 3's campaign, that may easily change. COD's multiplayer has gone waaaaaaaaay downhill since 4.

doheny420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 doheny420
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I am a die hard COD fan. The only reason I never switched over or considered BF was because COD had a great single player and a decent MP. BF always nailed MP but lacked an interesting single player. They have finally fixed this, plus they are throwing in coop missions. There are 2 games I highly recommend for this year.....Battlefield 3 and.........Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. Lol sorry COD, but your becoming to repetitive, too frequent and too epic. Warfare isn't that epic lol

yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

I think both are good but i do prefer Battlefield