Bad News = Good things for PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShawDowFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ShawDowFX
Member since 2003 • 4696 Posts
Don't you think that all this negitive news that the media is giving the PlayStation 3 is, in a way, a good thing also?

Look at Nintendo Wii, people talk that this system is so extraordinary on how Nintendo invented a very unique way of playing games. So, I was thinking, people keep bashing Sony on how the system is. How 600 dollar still does not suffice it. Then Sony comes out to us and say "no, we got this new invention that makes the ps3 worth your money even more".

Every gaming convention we see, sony pulls out a new thing that is for the PS3. Because, I see that Sony is responding to the pressure that the media is still giving them. Mean while, nintendo hasn't really pulled off anything amazing since their lunch, besides some games here and there.

Do you see the concept of what I am trying to explain?

The more pressure sony gets from the media, the more they have to try to make the PS3 look good. So they have to keep adding more things to the system, to make it look more worth of its value.

So, at the end, let them keep talking crap about the PS3. Because if the Media talks good about the System, then sony would chill down and say "hey, people are happy. So, we don't need to improve more on the system any more." Right?
Green_Iugana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Green_Iugana
Member since 2007 • 1153 Posts
Ya I agree, because Sony has make a lot of improvements to the ps3 while Nintendo has not made as many to the wii
kernrek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kernrek
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts
i agree the more sony needs to prove themselves the more we get, keep the bashing coming! just kidding it would be nice though if we got a little less bad press
Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts
I dont know what filtered press my dad gets his opinions from, because he says stuff like 'So i hear the wii has lost is novelty then' And 'Wii isnt doing so well is it'
So, god only knows where thats coming from, because all he says about PS3 is good. And he isnt a tech enthusiast, so somewere in the mainstream theres positive news for ps3, and negative for wii
haseeb_1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 haseeb_1989
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
Personally i think that the ps3 has a good collection of games out so far, personally i think that its better than the wii. The wii was just hyped up and so far nintendo has failed to deliever, name one games besides zelda thats good on the wii, and even the zelda game is inferior to the gamecube version.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
Interesting theory... I wonder if Sony PS3 wasn't under so much pressure, would they hold back onPS HOME and let us know much later?
haseeb_1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 haseeb_1989

Interesting theory... I wonder if Sony PS3 wasn't under so much pressure, would they hold back onPS HOME and let us know much later? Thomas-Crown

I think that sony should make the home beta avaliable to everyone. Atleast that way more people can gain more interest in the ps3.

arturo_ko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 arturo_ko
Member since 2006 • 1016 Posts
Imagine the ps3 is sinking like the titanic, all the people look astonished how this majestic piece of architecture and tecnology sinks, and all of the suden it comes to surface and says with a big funky smile...Just Kidding!!!
clsnbrdr616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 clsnbrdr616
Member since 2005 • 572 Posts
Imagine the ps3 is sinking like the titanic, all the people look astonished how this majestic piece of architecture and tecnology sinks, and all of the suden it comes to surface and says with a big funky smile...Just Kidding!!!arturo_ko

LOL! I like that comparison. :P Yeah I agree too. The more pressure you put on someone (or company) the harder they work. Just got to be careful they don't fold under the pressure. But Sony's strong. :)
Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Mcgnnis1
Member since 2006 • 811 Posts

That is an interesting theory. I mean its true about the more preassure means hard work.and i also agree by the fact that besides motion sensor controllers and unique gameplay Nintendo hasn't offered me anything that makes me buy their system. Same thing with microsoft. besides halo and gears of war there isn't any game that i am really looking forward to andlooking at the fact that the era of exclusives is fastly going down the hill it doesn't matter if you have 360 or ps3 (my owwn opinion)..but that is an interesting way to look at the negative publicity toward sony.

D_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 D_Williams
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
Good point but that doesnt mean all this negative press is good. I mean this is getting out of hand, i remember reading somewher that ps3's were exploding and melting. Thats gonna draw people away from buying it. so negative press has it's goods and bads.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Personally i think that the ps3 has a good collection of games out so far, personally i think that its better than the wii. The wii was just hyped up and so far nintendo has failed to deliever, name one games besides zelda thats good on the wii, and even the zelda game is inferior to the gamecube version.haseeb_1989

i too prefer ps3s current library too wiis but too say zelda is the only good game is fanboyish.anyway on topic i suppose it could be good thing for those who bought/ will buy a ps3 but if the media continues to bash, then less people would buy it.

imnotacrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 imnotacrook
Member since 2003 • 280 Posts

Imagine the ps3 is sinking like the titanic, all the people look astonished how this majestic piece of architecture and tecnology sinks, and all of the suden it comes to surface and says with a big funky smile...Just Kidding!!!arturo_ko

ROFL! Simply ROFL!

imnotacrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 imnotacrook
Member since 2003 • 280 Posts

ROFL! Simply ROFL!

OmarAg009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 OmarAg009
Member since 2003 • 2228 Posts

Interesting theory... I wonder if Sony PS3 wasn't under so much pressure, would they hold back onPS HOME and let us know much later? Thomas-Crown

You know, thats what I tried to propose earlier, & someone accused me for trolling.

Blanco98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Blanco98
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts
LOL nice post ...Yea its 100% true wii has not released anything amzing since release PS3 has done everything they can New MMO, New IP's, New sequels, New Updates, New Accesries, Everything to make the best console ever yet they take the hardest blows...... Sony is strong and they wont fail especially not with this sexy beast, Sony has a legacy and they wont fail it...
justin_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 justin_06
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts
i see your point...it does seem like nintendo is just milking the unsuspecting casual gamers without giving much in return, but on the other hand, and i've mentioned this in previous threads, i do appreciate what nintendo has done, in the sense that they are getting more people interested in gaming. i mean, the Wii can only hold you attention for so long before it starts to get boring. so hopefully those people will jump on board the xbox ps3 bandwagon and keep those companies alive. as for the bad press issue, its true it makes companys work harder to prove themselves, but i think they also have to be careful not to rush into things, cuz that could end up being even worse.
ganstream1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ganstream1
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
interesting. since most people work better under pressure, maybe there is truth in it. but still its a double edge sword. although people will work more under pressure, too much pressure could break them. let's hope sony ain't broken yet, with all these negative statement (which i believe they still haven't). Wii is fun, zelda and second opinion are two fun games i seldom played, along with wii play. but since its more like a party system for me, i don't find its potential interesting. its fun, but lacks future potential imo.
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts
I think the bashing is quite funny, because the PS3 is of to a better start than the PS2.
EliasAlucard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EliasAlucard
Member since 2003 • 736 Posts
Don't you think that all this negitive news that the media is giving the PlayStation 3 is, in a way, a good thing also?

Look at Nintendo Wii, people talk that this system is so extraordinary on how Nintendo invented a very unique way of playing games. So, I was thinking, people keep bashing Sony on how the system is. How 600 dollar still does not suffice it. Then Sony comes out to us and say "no, we got this new invention that makes the ps3 worth your money even more".

Every gaming convention we see, sony pulls out a new thing that is for the PS3. Because, I see that Sony is responding to the pressure that the media is still giving them. Mean while, nintendo hasn't really pulled off anything amazing since their lunch, besides some games here and there.

Do you see the concept of what I am trying to explain?

The more pressure sony gets from the media, the more they have to try to make the PS3 look good. So they have to keep adding more things to the system, to make it look more worth of its value.

So, at the end, let them keep talking crap about the PS3. Because if the Media talks good about the System, then sony would chill down and say "hey, people are happy. So, we don't need to improve more on the system any more." Right?ShawDowFX

Good point, and what you're saying is true to some extent. However, I think Sony is doing a lousy job on Europe's PlayStation Store. But I do see a bright future for the PS3.

Also, I don't think that constant negative attention will do Sony any good in the long haul.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts
I think the bashing is quite funny, because the PS3 is of to a better start than the PS2.Nene33
Also at a better start than the 360 when it first came out.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
Actually Sony is following a tradition that other companies from Japan has been doing for years. Example everyone may have forgotten about a small motor cycle company that built a inexpensive and very reliable motorcycle years ago. This now is one of the biggest motorcycle,automotive,marine, and small engine builders in the world. That company is Honda motors. It actually drove the original Harley Davidson motor cycle out of business without doing any real negative advertising(today theHarley Davidson name is kept alive due to the fact that AMF bought the name and design).
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

[QUOTE="Thomas-Crown"]Interesting theory... I wonder if Sony PS3 wasn't under so much pressure, would they hold back onPS HOME and let us know much later? OmarAg009

You know, thats what I tried to propose earlier, & someone accused me for trolling.

lol... Feel sorry for you mate. :P

cupNoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 cupNoodles
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts

[QUOTE="Thomas-Crown"]Interesting theory... I wonder if Sony PS3 wasn't under so much pressure, would they hold back onPS HOME and let us know much later? haseeb_1989

I think that sony should make the home beta avaliable to everyone. Atleast that way more people can gain more interest in the ps3.

good idea! because right now...i have ZERO interest in the ps3

haseeb_1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 haseeb_1989
[QUOTE="haseeb_1989"]

[QUOTE="Thomas-Crown"]Interesting theory... I wonder if Sony PS3 wasn't under so much pressure, would they hold back onPS HOME and let us know much later? cupNoodles

good idea! because right now...i have ZERO interest in the ps3

Exactly sony need to make these beta's avaliable to all ps3 owners, also i think they need to delay killzone 2 more and try to make it look VERY VERY similar to the e3 footage and maybe they can release a 1 level demo of it then, then people would be really really interested.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
I'm almost afraid to say this but its kinda gotten to the point with the ps3 that any attention is good attention. It just keeps people reading about the endless BS about the ps3 when in reality any time there is negative news about the ps3 there is a 98% chance that it is old news by now. Thats why I never read it because its all old news. The only thing I do read any more about the ps3 is the games.
Good_sk8er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Good_sk8er
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
That sounds pretty accurate to me. It makes alot of since. They probably wouldn't be putting out all the good firmware if they weren't pressured into it. Really none of their great acheivements would be needed if the heat wasn't constantly on their tails.