Bad Company 2 Settings

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GBPackersrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 GBPackersrule
Member since 2008 • 355 Posts

Hi. So I have been playing BC2 as of lately, but their is something that is troubling me. People said that BC2 seperated the men from the boys. That it took skill, and teamwork to survive. Fine. But Why is it that nobody talks?! I have played a measely 5 hours of online play, and not once did I actuallyl have to use my mic. What is the point of stressing tactics if nobody talks? Is their a setting to turn on the mics on BC2's menu? I have a pair of Turtlebeach P21's (WIN) so they have the mic built in. I put the chat on full blast by default, and get nothing but silence. So I know that it ain't me. Why do people get mics and not even use them? I know that PSN is famous for having like, no mics, but this is pointless. Sure MW2 may have a bunch of ten year olds and e-racists, but at least those dudes have mics and use them.

mexicanFOB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mexicanFOB
Member since 2010 • 95 Posts

that's why you play with friends

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

mexicanFOB
This.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

For starters,dumbass EA made it so the only people you can talk to is your squad, and second this is PSN and for some reason most people don't want to use mics. I don't understand how MW2 can have games filled with people using mics, yet in a tactical game such as BC2 people don't want to use one?

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

^ Well, the answer to your second inquiry is your first sentence.

I'm sure just as many people use mics in BC2 as people in MW2, it just seems smaller because you can only hear your squad, which most of the time, has 3 other people in it that choose to be in the minority of those who don't use mics.

Anyway, like someone above said, find some friends to play with. Go on eHarmony or something.

Man seeking man to play Bad Company 2 with.

GBPackersrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GBPackersrule

Dumbass, I know that you can only talk to your squadmates. But my squadmates aren't talking. So there you go. If you don't believe me about the mics on BC2, see for yourself. Go color a zebra you dolt.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

Dumbass, I know that you can only talk to your squadmates. But my squadmates aren't talking. So there you go. If you don't believe me about the mics on BC2, see for yourself. Go color a zebra you dolt.

GBPackersrule
LOL I was not calling you a dumbass, I was calling EA a bunch of dumbasses.
GBPackersrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GBPackersrule

[QUOTE="GBPackersrule"]

GrandJury

LOL I was not calling you a dumbass, I was calling EA a bunch of dumbasses.

Well I feel like an ass :(

GBPackersrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GBPackersrule

[QUOTE="mexicanFOB"]

Flame_Blade88

This.

Yeah, well all the people on my list decided to by unskilled noobs and play Warfail 2. I can't tell them how to spend their money. *shrugs*

ShootingPwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShootingPwnage
Member since 2009 • 423 Posts

Sometimes I dont use my micit because I get a lot of idiots on my team (especially when half the team and squad are recon keep far away from the targets). I mostly use my mic with friends, but if the other guys have mics I turn it on as well.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
IMO the majority of psn users do not have mics. I constantly play with my friends so it is not a problem.
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

Sometimes I dont use my micit because I get a lot of idiots on my team (especially when half the team and squad are recon keep far away from the targets). I mostly use my mic with friends, but if the other guys have mics I turn it on as well.

ShootingPwnage

im in the same boat
i only use my mic if my team members have them or when playing with friends

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I'd rather have silence than some whiney teenager going "OMFG R U EFFIN SERIOUS!?!?!?! I TOTALLY SHOT HIM IN THE EFFIN FACE AND I DIE!!! THIS IS BULLCRAP!!" I'll admit I'm guilty of the occasional "wow. i love being gustav'd in the face" but nobody wants to hear you cry about how the entire other team should drop dead and you shouldn't ever be hit.

cbillings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cbillings
Member since 2009 • 78 Posts

LOL. True story! I usually have my mic on mute for that very reason lol. But I rarely get in a game with teamates that use them so, yeah. And I only get really vocally beligerant when it's a stupid death like trying to knife a sniper from behind who's hiding in a bush but four melee attacks dont even hurt him and he turns around and noscopes me in the face...now THAT sir is irritating! Or going head to head as an engineer against a Medic in close quarters and getting wasted and then T-bagged. I've had some rediculously stupid deaths in BFBC2 which on my end of the server seemed quite impossible.