Audio connection help needed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TomTom31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TomTom31
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

Okay, So I'm not to familure with the ps2, ps3 and so on and last time I've played a PlayStation console it was the first one (small grey square system consol) and offered as well only had RCA connection ports so was all that was needed for sound and video. That being said and me being unfamiliar and new to how the ps3 system only has options for AV adapter/optical or HDMI I was wondering since my tv isn't a newer one nor equiped with all the bells and whistles as flats and smart tv's therefore having no HDMI port or optical and only RCA Connector ports and my step son has misplaced the adapter that runs from ps3 to RCA Connector port on tv is it possible to get audio by using an hdmi and RCA Connector?? For example could I possibly connect my ps3 to my surround sound/dvd player using my hdmi to surround sound and RCA connectors from surround sound/dvd player to my tv?? If so please let me know how so cause Idk if I get the perfect surround sound quality or not but I'm deaf In one ear and tv speakers just aren't as great for me to hear as the three surround sound speakers with the bass speaker. If I can just simply get the audio to work like this it would be great and my gaming experience more enjoyable rather i have the best quality audio or not either way i just need a way that my audio will come out my surround sound speakers.

SN: NEW TO THIS FORUM STUFF THEREFORE SORRY AND PLEASE OVERLOOK MY BLOBBERING IN THIS POST LOL THANKS

-TomTom

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@tomtom31: Do you have a receiver? How exactly do you connect the speakers?

TomTom31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By TomTom31
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

@GTR12 A receiver of what kind? I have a RCA dvd home theater system inwhich the wires for the speakers connect directly into back of system. I use the two audio connectors of a RCA Connector from the HTS to a different DVD player and run the video connector from the same RCA Connector from other DVD player to tv which works for my sound and everything. Is there a way I could run HDMI from PS3 to HTS and for sound use the audio connectors from RCA Connectors and run from HTS to tv and it give me sound for my PS3?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@tomtom31: I'm going to assume you don't have a receiver.

Plug in the HDMI to the TV, and RCA to the HTS, then under sound settings on the PS3, select OUTPUT sound via RCA.