Are You Interested in Heavy Rain? ~Symph Poll Included.

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#1 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

Main Points on Heavy Rain:

1) You can lose the main character and the story will continue.

2) During tense moments, you will have to go through quick time events to survive. The more you mess up, the greater danger you put yourself in.

3) Apparently you have choices in the game that will lead you into good and bad situations.

Example Link Warning, language.

MonkaTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 MonkaTG
Member since 2006 • 2596 Posts

I'm a little curious to see what all the fuss is about... but i would NOT pay $60 for an interactive movie, especially a game that is in competition with so many other great games for my hard earned cash. I'd see if I'd even spend $30 on it depending on the review... I don't know... It doesn't look like all that and a bag of chips to me. I voted "More Information"

Avatar image for hunterseeker200
hunterseeker200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hunterseeker200
Member since 2004 • 2644 Posts

One of the best upcoming games on my list and the game will be awesome judging by the current info.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

I'd love to play it, it looks great!

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
Tied with Uncharted 2 as my most anticipated game coming out (maybe demon's souls also so hard to tell) ^.^ i just love the indiana jones feel of uncharted too much
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

I love the idea, but I know I'm going to be playing a lot since if you die in the game, that's the end of the character. I have SLOW reaction times.

rodney130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 rodney130
Member since 2004 • 1139 Posts

I'm kind of interested. Waiting on more information though...

AtticusFinch88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AtticusFinch88
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts

Ofcourse! so many devs claim they're going to be more innovative or take gaming in a new direction, and we just end up with more of the same. Heavy Rain is what I call innovation, and I can't wait :D

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I need this game. I love the story and the gameplay is unique....Well apart from Indigo P. So yes I am very excited.
Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

I am waiting for this game.

And I can't wait much longer.

adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

i really love a good story, actually for games it can have ridiculous story, it just has to be told well,(well not devil may cry 4 ridiculous). I think what people fail to see is that its also a detective game, its not as automatic as you think it is. Also the replay value is insane.

I wonder if it wasn't exclusive how many opinions would change...

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
Yup, pretty interested in it.
Dollar75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13 Dollar75
Member since 2006 • 718 Posts

I'm kind of interested. Waiting on more information though...

rodney130

I'm of the same opinion. Its good to see that companies are thinking up of new ideas.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#14 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
Movie-game or not, I rather pay money for inventive experiences than pay for a game that I have played before, only with a different name. *Insert generic game here*
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
Member since 2007 • 6696 Posts
It looks interesting, but I'm more excited for other games like Uncharted 2.
herukuti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 herukuti
Member since 2009 • 379 Posts

i wish the 3d tech went with it

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
I'm really interested in its unique gameplay and deep plot.
kcwsk8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 kcwsk8
Member since 2008 • 3585 Posts
It sounds interesting and has the potential to be a great game. Its different, but a good different.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
I'm actually very interested in it. I'm no fan of QTEs, but these seem to be done quite cleverly. The game looks phenomenal, and I can't wait to see it in action. My only fuss at this point is that it will only last 8-10 hours. I guess that's not too bad as its pretty much an interactive movie. It'd take a lot of writers to pen out a 20 hour movie, wouldn't it? Also, with the possibilities of characters dying and the story greatly differing from one playthrough to the next the replay value has the potential to be pretty darn high.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

It looks really interesting to me, sort of anX-Files vibe to it. I'm not a big fan of quick time events, but I suppose I'd get used to them quick enough. I think I'll most likely pre-order it.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

lol, I picked the obligatory fourth option.

Also, yes.

Game looks righteous.

JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#22 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts
I personally think its ridiculous people are so hyped over a QTE game. I would love to play the game, but not for $60. I marked I wasn't interested, the game seems all story and no play. I dont consider quick time play time. I am all for innovative experiences, but as far as I know about Heavy Rain, its not that innovative at all. People love story way too much, play an RPG or watch a movie.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Scianix-Black

I personally think its ridiculous people are so hyped over a QTE game. I would love to play the game, but not for $60. I marked I wasn't interested, the game seems all story and no play. I dont consider quick time play time. I am all for innovative experiences, but as far as I know about Heavy Rain, its not that innovative at all. People love story way too much, play an RPG or watch a movie.JudgementEden

lol, Quite the post coming from someone who claims to be a writer.

No disrespect meant, just making an observation.

JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JudgementEden

[QUOTE="JudgementEden"]I personally think its ridiculous people are so hyped over a QTE game. I would love to play the game, but not for $60. I marked I wasn't interested, the game seems all story and no play. I dont consider quick time play time. I am all for innovative experiences, but as far as I know about Heavy Rain, its not that innovative at all. People love story way too much, play an RPG or watch a movie.Scianix-Black

lol, Quite the post coming from someone who claims to be a writer.

No disrespect meant, just making an observation.

I realize that, but as I said, I wouldn't pay full price for the game. I love a good story, but I dont think turning a game to an interactive movie is the best thing, unless its decently priced. Also, I would have said read a book as well in my last sentence, but well, you knew I was going to say that anyway.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Scianix-Black

Ahah, understood.

I can see your point about not buying a $60 movie when there are those just as good for cheaper.

Still, I love QD's work eith Fahrenheit (minus the anticlimactic ending) and see good things happening with Heavy Rain.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#26 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Im curious to see how it turns out.. im just hoping that the whole "click x now" that seems to be pretty much the gameplay, doesn't turn out to be frustrating, tedious and boring. The game is looking good.. i'll be waiting for a stack of reviews first before thinking about buying it though.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

THE... GAME...IS NOT...COMPRISED SOLELY....OF QTE's. THERE ARE MUTLIPLE GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS SUCH AS INVESTIGATION, CONTEXT SENSITIVE CONVERSATIONS, AND POINTS WHERE YOU HAVE FULL CONTROL OF YOUR CHARACTER. *heavy breathing* QTE's are for combat, and chase scenes. They aren't the only thing in the game. Heavy Rain is just about the only game I'm looking forward to.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

I'm definitely getting it. There are very few story driven games nowadays and I'm looking forward to this one.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I can't wait for this game to be released. It looks really unique and I'm getting tired of mainly playing shooters. Something out of the norm will be nice

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Of course I am. I've been looking forward to the game for a while now...
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Scianix-Black

THE... GAME...IS NOT...COMPRISED SOLELY....OF QTE's. THERE ARE MUTLIPLE GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS SUCH AS INVESTIGATION, CONTEXT SENSITIVE CONVERSATIONS, AND POINTS WHERE YOU HAVE FULL CONTROL OF YOUR CHARACTER. *heavy breathing* QTE's are for combat, and chase scenes. They aren't the only thing in the game. Heavy Rain is just about the only game I'm looking forward to.

raven_squad

Itshows.

:P

JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JudgementEden
[QUOTE="raven_squad"]THE... GAME...IS NOT...COMPRISED SOLELY....OF QTE's. THERE ARE MUTLIPLE GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS SUCH AS INVESTIGATION, FREE MOVEMENT, CONTEXT SENSITIVE CONVERSATIONS, AND POINTS WHERE YOU HAVE FULL CONTROL OF YOUR CHARACTER. *heavy breathing* QTE's are for combat, and chase scenes. They aren't the only thing in the game. Heavy Rain is just about the only game I'm looking forward to.

Aah, thanks raven_squad for clearing that up. I will look more into it eventually, maybe I may end up changing my mind. Personally though, I cant wait for the Fabula Nova Crystalis series. XIII, Versus XIII, Agito XIII. I also cannot wait for FFXIV.
Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts
Im dissapointed that its more of a QTE fest than a normal adventure game. So no, im not interested.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Very interested.

It's this type of game diversity that continues my support with Sony brand of consoles. We need more unique and innovative games, shooters have overcrowded the bloody market this generation.. I want my quality JRPG's and RPG's.

Other then Valkyria Chronicles it's a dry land.. And I was never into SRPG's to start with, at least SEGA nailed the game right. ;)

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

raven_squad

Hmmmm, I had thought it was mostly QTEs. So now I am definitely more interested in it and if it gets a T rating I may actually buy it day one. Doubt the T rating though.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 raven_squad

Aah, thanks raven_squad for clearing that up. I will look more into it eventually, maybe I may end up changing my mind. Personally though, I cant wait for the Fabula Nova Crystalis series. XIII, Versus XIII, Agito XIII. I also cannot wait for FFXIV.JudgementEden
Btw...the rage caps weren't exactly directed at you. It's just every thread about this game, people think it's ONLY qte's, so it kinda builds up in me. :lol:

[QUOTE="raven_squad"]

Scianix-Black

Itshows.

:P

:P I'm developing a bit of a fanboy side regarding this game due to the fear of it going under the radar as Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit did.

TheJoeyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheJoeyness
Member since 2009 • 145 Posts

I'm interested, but I'm going to need more informationl. As someone mentioned I'm not going to spend $59.99+Tax for an interactive movie.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 raven_squad

[QUOTE="raven_squad"]

Zidaneski

Hmmmm, I had thought it was mostly QTEs. So now I am definitely more interested in it and if it gets a T rating I may actually buy it day one. Doubt the T rating though.

Yeah, T rating is very unlikely. Farenheit was rated AO originally. :P
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Scianix-Black

:P I'm developing a bit of a fanboy side regarding this game due to the fear of it going under the radar as Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit did.raven_squad

It's ok, that's how I feel about Bayonetta.

Any misconceptions shall be quicklly adhered to with my trusty CAPS LOCK!

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]

[QUOTE="raven_squad"]

raven_squad

Yeah, T rating is very unlikely. Farenheit was rated AO originally. :P

Crap. From everything I've seen from the game it could get a T rating but if they show how some characters could die then I guess it would get an M rating...I'd hate to watch a guy get squished by a tractor.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

You have returned :o

Anyway, I am not very interested in the game, I would rather spend the $70 on two new Blu-ray movies

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BPoole96

[QUOTE="raven_squad"]:P I'm developing a bit of a fanboy side regarding this game due to the fear of it going under the radar as Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit did.Scianix-Black

Through you're other threads you've convinced me to get Bayonetta

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="raven_squad"]:P I'm developing a bit of a fanboy side regarding this game due to the fear of it going under the radar as Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit did.BPoole96

Ahah!

Good.

Because it's going to be awesome.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Oh hells yes!:D

I want it!:cry:

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Scianix-Black

Ahah!

Good.

Because it's going to be awesome.

lol I know it looks like it will be better than DMC4 (which was still a good game)

Plus Bayonetta is a hottie, so I get constant eye candy while I play

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Scianix-Black

lol I know it looks like it will be better than DMC4 (which was still a good game)

Plus Bayonetta is a hottie, so I get constant eye candy while I play

BPoole96

YEAH.

Because glasses are tres chic.

Hot-Tamale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Hot-Tamale
Member since 2009 • 2052 Posts

I heard each playthrough is only 4 hours long. I realize that there are a myriad of different story branches, but that doesn't justify a $60 purchase for me. Maybe if it gets a 9.5 or a 10 on Gamespot...

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
I'm not really interested in the game.
hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Hmmm i really wanna play this but i wont be buying it... I will just rent it for a while ae...
I voted waiting for it.....

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
i need'z more'z info