Anyone play Zero's Escape Demo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

optiplex7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 optiplex7
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

What did you think of it? Seems kind of like your typical "find your way out or die" Gladiator/Maze/Prison/Underground Gameshow type...

Of the course the biggest fact that it is a visual novel. However I did enjoy the puzzles. Not hard enough to make me smash my vita but not easy enough that i felt i was trudging through.

BEST was the poster of the babe on the wall... and what you get to do to her.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
Id this for Europe too?
A7xhto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 A7xhto
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts

I thought this and silent hill were pretty boring =/.. guess it's just not my type of game. Ragnarok is on its way though!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Forgot the demo was out. Will give it a download now.

I loved 999, so I'm sure I'll love this one.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#5 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Terrible voice acting, terrible graphics, and in escape mode, the looking is inverted and unbearably sensitive. The controls are terrible, and the "hints" the characters give you are such an insult to the player's intelligence that you'd wonder if the game was meant for its target audience. Not to mention the ridiculous sexualization of all female characters. But I digress; this is a Japanese game, I suppose.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
999 was one of the best DS games to come out in its later years, so I will give this one a try. Downloading the demo right now.
SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

Not my cup of tea. The story seems okay, but the gameplay was so blah. I won't be touching this one. I took it off my Gamefly q already.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
I played it for about 1 minute before I deleted it
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Terrible voice acting, terrible graphics, and in escape mode, the looking is inverted and unbearably sensitive. The controls are terrible, and the "hints" the characters give you are such an insult to the player's intelligence that you'd wonder if the game was meant for its target audience. Not to mention the ridiculous sexualization of all female characters. But I digress; this is a Japanese game, I suppose.Granpire

I agree with the controls and voice acting, but do remember you can switch to the original Japanese voices if you want in the full game. Also, the demo was on Easy mode, so I'm sure in Hard mode the hints will be fewer and/or less specific.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#10 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Will download and give it a whirl.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

I liked it as I have grown up playing adventure games since lucasarts was the premer dev then. If priced well I will pick it up otherwise its going to be a later purchase.

Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

I liked it way more than I thought I would. Will get this someday, wouldnt spend more than 20 bucks on it though

optiplex7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 optiplex7
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

Sadly I'm pretty sure its 40 bucks. I think it was Ebgames where i checked.

jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

The demo was pretty good. I have some Amazon credit so I will be picking this up.

AutomaticError

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AutomaticError
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I don't know if you have ever played 999, or 9 door, 9 people, 9 hours, but this game is a continuation to that game. It is all basically a book with puzzles you solve to get through rooms. There are 24 endings in all and the story in the game is just fantastic. Most people would say a game where all you do is read and solve a couple of puzzles is boring, but with the type of story that they have in the game, the game is very worth playing for anyone who likes mystery games. I myself give it a 10 out of 10, but that's just my opinion.
shinigami-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shinigami-uk
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts
[QUOTE="Granpire"]Terrible voice acting, terrible graphics, and in escape mode, the looking is inverted and unbearably sensitive. The controls are terrible, and the "hints" the characters give you are such an insult to the player's intelligence that you'd wonder if the game was meant for its target audience. Not to mention the ridiculous sexualization of all female characters. But I digress; this is a Japanese game, I suppose.

completely agree, but i will shamefully ignore these negative points and get this game anyway.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#17 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
I don't know if you have ever played 999, or 9 door, 9 people, 9 hours, but this game is a continuation to that game. It is all basically a book with puzzles you solve to get through rooms. There are 24 endings in all and the story in the game is just fantastic. Most people would say a game where all you do is read and solve a couple of puzzles is boring, but with the type of story that they have in the game, the game is very worth playing for anyone who likes mystery games. I myself give it a 10 out of 10, but that's just my opinion.AutomaticError
Pretty much what I came to say. They apparently somehow made it better than 999 so that's awesome.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#18 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
[QUOTE="shinigami-uk"][QUOTE="Granpire"]Terrible voice acting, terrible graphics, and in escape mode, the looking is inverted and unbearably sensitive. The controls are terrible, and the "hints" the characters give you are such an insult to the player's intelligence that you'd wonder if the game was meant for its target audience. Not to mention the ridiculous sexualization of all female characters. But I digress; this is a Japanese game, I suppose.

completely agree, but i will shamefully ignore these negative points and get this game anyway.

Yeah, despite my initial trashing of the demo, the reviews have been universally positive. Supposedly, the story is excellent. I might have to give it another look.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#19 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
[QUOTE="Granpire"][QUOTE="shinigami-uk"][QUOTE="Granpire"]Terrible voice acting, terrible graphics, and in escape mode, the looking is inverted and unbearably sensitive. The controls are terrible, and the "hints" the characters give you are such an insult to the player's intelligence that you'd wonder if the game was meant for its target audience. Not to mention the ridiculous sexualization of all female characters. But I digress; this is a Japanese game, I suppose.

Yeah, despite my initial trashing of the demo, the reviews have been universally positive. Supposedly, the story is excellent. I might have to give it another look.

999, the predecessor, has one of the most unique and well-written stories in gaming in a while.