Anyone else having wireless router/ PS3 issues? (read on)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zoomer30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Zoomer30
Member since 2003 • 4365 Posts

I dont know what is up.  Just in the past day or 2 my PS3 will "lose" the connection to the router.  My PS3 still shows up in the router client list, but the PS3 wont communicate with it.  Only way to get it back is to power cycle the router.  This kinda sucks to say the least espically since I do Folding@Home and it stinks to come home and see its been sitting there for god knows how long trying to get a connection. 

What do I need to do so the PS3 will STAY CONNECTED to the wireless router.  I have a ****** Wireless G router (400ft non Mimo)

The PS3 is at best 10 ft from the router so distance should NOT be and issue, there is no walls or anything blocking the router.

Aclar00_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Aclar00_basic
Member since 2002 • 906 Posts
Turn off the SSID transmission...u do it through the router settings
Zoomer30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zoomer30
Ok thanks I will give that a try. I also shut off PROTECTED MODE.  Really only need that if there is a lot of traffic or interference.  My sig strengh is about 100% all the time, should not be an issue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 9469
Member since 2004 • 543 Posts
i have a ****** wireless router connected to my ps3 also but am not having any major problems with it. sometimes i stuggle to the ps network but not connectin to the net. i dont know how i can help you though...
guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts
This has been happening to me since the 1.80 update.  My wireless was perfectly stable before this (never dropped once).  Now I'm constantly getting the Signed In message when I'm playing games.  Hopefully Sony release a 1.81 soon. 
newown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 newown
Member since 2005 • 1427 Posts
I have U.S.Robotics wireless connection .... I always get Signed-Out from the games and user ID ...... What should I do ???? Some times I have to Set the settings but when I use search for the wireless in rang .... There is no CONNECTION !!!!!!! :?
newown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 newown
Member since 2005 • 1427 Posts

This has been happening to me since the 1.80 update.  My wireless was perfectly stable before this (never dropped once).  Now I'm constantly getting the Signed In message when I'm playing games.  Hopefully Sony release a 1.81 soon. guyhunter

That's always happen with me :?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 310792
Member since 2005 • 582 Posts

I have a ****** wirelsss router and have never had a problem, I'd suggested doing what it says on this website, once I'd done this my Nat Type was 2 and my UPnP is available.  I'd go as far as saying PSN is infintley more reliable than Xbox Live.

http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/support/ps3/index.html

Avatar image for The_Gunslinger_
The_Gunslinger_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Gunslinger_
Member since 2007 • 427 Posts

I've been having this problem as well, some people say you need to disable the media server functionality under network settings. I did that and it didn't work, but it turned out that there was something wrong with my internet connection and I had to get company guy to come out and fix it. But it could work for you.

EDIT: I forgot to say that my PS3 can connect with no problem now. :) 

Avatar image for 2headedhawaiian
2headedhawaiian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 2headedhawaiian
Member since 2005 • 1531 Posts

I've been having this problem as well, some people say you need to disable the media server functionality under network settings. I did that and it didn't work, but it turned out that there was something wrong with my internet connection and I had to get company guy to come out and fix it. But it could work for you.

EDIT: I forgot to say that my PS3 can connect with no problem now. :)

The_Gunslinger_

Ahh... media server connection... yeah, I had this problem a lot when I first got my PS3 in March. It has been nonexistent since then, but just in the last week or so it has started up again. I disabled the media server stuff recently just because I didn't like the icons on my XMB, and the problem has stopped. It just didn't occur to me that was the reason until just now. Good call, mate.

Zoomer30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zoomer30
Mines been holding steady since about 3AM this morning ( I let it Fold when I am not playing games).  The past few days I would be lucky if it would hold the connection for a few mins.  I shut off the SSID Broadcast and the Protected Mode, from the sounds of it those things mess things up.
Zoomer30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zoomer30

Does it really matter how you have the network set up?  I have mine like this:

CABLE MODEM >>> VONAGE ADAPTER >>> ****** WIFI G ROUTER >>> PC (WiFi to PS3)

Would it make a difference if I had the router first?  Sometimes my router "goes to sleep" and has to be rebooted, which would suck in my case if it were first in line, since I would lose my phone also. At least this way the Vonage is #1 in line and is not effected by a daydreaming router.

Judonwanit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Judonwanit
Member since 2005 • 1246 Posts
I just got a linksys and had this prob all night,  i disabled media server conection,  its working great now.  it also said upnp is available and the nat type changed from 3 to 2.
Zoomer30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zoomer30
Im not sure what the UPnP thing controls.  I know its Universal Plug and Play, but that is the limit of my knowledge.  I think the NAT is a firewall, not sure how that effects the PS3. 
JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts

This has been happening to me since the 1.80 update.  My wireless was perfectly stable before this (never dropped once).  Now I'm constantly getting the Signed In message when I'm playing games.  Hopefully Sony release a 1.81 soon. guyhunter

This is the same situation with me and some of my friends.  None of us have gotten dropped (at least not this much) since the 1.80 update.  Something got screwed up.

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
Hmmm...I have been seeing more and more of these post since the last update....I don't know what the problem could be. I have not had any connection issues with my ps3.
guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts

So how are you guys with connection issues trying to connect?

Im using WPA2 wireless.

NeokVash19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NeokVash19
Member since 2003 • 234 Posts
oh  damnn.....check this out ...i've been having similar problems with it....my ps3 disconnects every once in awhile ... I get disconnected from my wireless spot and ...I cant connect to my account....it really sucks cuz i don't like cables that much...and I wouldn't want to hook it up like that.....I have my ps3 in a small comparment by my tv...it's probably 20 feet away from the router....WHAT'S GOIN ON ....EXPLAIN TO ME PLEASE ...
a-tek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 a-tek
Member since 2005 • 945 Posts
My PS3 disconnects from the net when the phone rings. It's 2.4 Ghz, so it must interfere apparently.
Avatar image for The_Gunslinger_
The_Gunslinger_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Gunslinger_
Member since 2007 • 427 Posts
Read my first post in this thread and see if that works for you.
soldier1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 soldier1993
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts
Is it possible to connect the PS3 directly to a modem? Or do I need to purchase a router?
s0njas0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 s0njas0n
Member since 2002 • 1044 Posts

i had to uncheck the broadcast the ssid in the router options. the only problem is one of the computers in the house can't connect to the internet when it is set like this. i think i'm going to buy another router to add on strictly for my games.

you can connect directly by LAN and it should get rid of all those problems, i can't on mine because it's too far away...

goobert2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 goobert2
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts
THE PROBLEM IS INTERFERENCE JUST CALL UR INTERNET PROVIDER AND TELL THEM UR PROBLEM THEY WILL INCRESE THE FREQUENCY OUTPUT FROM UR ROUTER PROBLEM SOLVED