Anybody that wanted Forza 2 for the PS3...

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cupNoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 cupNoodles
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts

well trust me you don't....its not fun...and GTHD looks 10X better.

if you wanted it....i would suggest not being disappointed like me and not playing it.  

ex-paranoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ex-paranoia
Member since 2003 • 331 Posts
I don't. Gran Turismo is THE Playstation Racing Sim game. Nothing else. If I wanted to, I'd jsut pick up forza for the 360, but it doesn't really catch my eye.
aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
I do. I love the physics and mods. I hope GT5 will be better though.
RASECUL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 RASECUL
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts

if you wanted it....i would suggest not being disappointed like me and not playing it.

cupNoodles
Fo real
redflagwaving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 redflagwaving
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts
:lol:    hahaha,    :x no. GT > Forza. Plain and simple.
james791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 james791
Member since 2004 • 301 Posts
not really, since gt looks more inspiring and stylized. i've played the first forza the car model, menu layout design looks like crap.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

cupNoodles

i would really like all the forza cars to have the graphicall guality of the GT:HD cars.but the gameplay in GT:HD is the worst i EVER encountered. it's really bad, as is the sound, as is everything BUT the car models.
there was only 1 car on 1 track. i remains to be seen if GT5 has multiple cars, real sound and good physics, wheter they can still have this quality graphics. i hope so, but i doubt it.
megaton3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 megaton3k
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts
[QUOTE="cupNoodles"]

danneswegman

i would really like all the forza cars to have the graphicall guality of the GT:HD cars.but the gameplay in GT:HD is the worst i EVER encountered. it's really bad, as is the sound, as is everything BUT the car models.
there was only 1 car on 1 track. i remains to be seen if GT5 has multiple cars, real sound and good physics, wheter they can still have this quality graphics. i hope so, but i doubt it.

Worst gameplay? Have you even played GTHD or just seen some video of it on some sites?

Avatar image for Soul_to_Squeeze
Soul_to_Squeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Soul_to_Squeeze
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts
the only thing GT has on forza right now is the graphics, and thats just judging from both demos, and as someone said, the GT demo only has one car on screen. but the gameplay is pretty much the same, so i really dont see how someone can prefer one over the other right now. idk what GT is goin to have to offer when it comes to custimizing your cars but forza seems to have an endless amount of things you can do to car, including the paint jobs you can do. but other than stuff like that i really dont see how anyone can like the gameplay (like physics and things like that) of one over the other, bc theyre pretty much the same
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 danneswegman
[QUOTE="danneswegman"][QUOTE="cupNoodles"]

megaton3k

Worst gameplay? Have you even played GTHD or just seen some video of it on some sites?

edit: *** gamespot didn't display my tekst.. again:

forza 2 doesn't look good, but it is a far better car sim than GT:HD. the horrible breaking sound, the floating physics and the ridiculous unrealistic handling... it's just bad, and i hope you realise that.

Anime4kXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Anime4kXL
Member since 2003 • 130 Posts

cupNoodles
I'm sorry but have you played Forza 2? I don't think you can judge the game based on the demo. Well... you could but only the handling and graphics. From what I've heard Forza has some really cool online features that I'd like to see in GT5. Saying all that I really do have trust in POLYPHONY as they do deliver the best racing games on the planet. Think about it. Which game was here first?
fastgamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fastgamer01
Member since 2003 • 692 Posts
its hard to compare forza 2 to a concept what if demo gt:hd and considering gt5 will not come out to 2008 xmas time i think its obvious which one is going to be better
UOducks521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UOducks521
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts
To each his own. Personally i prefer forza even though it isnt as staunch of simulator as GT. Regardless of whichever you prefer they both will be fantastic racing games and will sell many copies
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
I've always found GT to be more realistic than Forza.  In my opinion, everyone saying Forza's gameplay is more realistic probably just crashes a lot in GT and blames it on the "unrealistic physics".
Wabbit5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Wabbit5
Member since 2006 • 531 Posts
why would anyone want the wannabe Gran Turismo forza when we have the Greatest Racing sim on earth?
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts

I do. I love the physics and mods. I hope GT5 will be better though.aznfool07

BELIEVE ME... It will. The gameplay is alright, but the graphics don't even match those of PGR3... now PGR4, Dirt, and GT5 is a whole different thing

Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

I've always found GT to be more realistic than Forza.  In my opinion, everyone saying Forza's gameplay is more realistic probably just crashes a lot in GT and blames it on the "unrealistic physics".The_Rick_14

or dont know how to drive or have never been behind the wheel of a car

PS2Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PS2Hawk
Member since 2003 • 4180 Posts

actually GTHD demo looks 10 times better than Forza 2 demo but I think the actual game should easily out-do the gthd demo!

the forza 2 demo is just garbadge but the xbox fanboys are over reacting!

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 danneswegman

[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]I've always found GT to be more realistic than Forza.  In my opinion, everyone saying Forza's gameplay is more realistic probably just crashes a lot in GT and blames it on the "unrealistic physics".Absynthetic

agreed. GT:HD is so unrealistic it makes me angry. and to think people believe this...... the car looks realistic, that;s all.
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

I think I'm content with Gran Turismo HD and Gran Turismo 5 (whenever that comes out, judging by Polyphony's favoring of delays, probably 2009).

To be honest, even though Forza has the physics, I've enjoyed the GT series more, for some reason.

babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

I've always found GT to be more realistic than Forza. In my opinion, everyone saying Forza's gameplay is more realistic probably just crashes a lot in GT and blames it on the "unrealistic physics".The_Rick_14

My thoughts exactly.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 danneswegman

[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]I've always found GT to be more realistic than Forza. In my opinion, everyone saying Forza's gameplay is more realistic probably just crashes a lot in GT and blames it on the "unrealistic physics".babystapler

My thoughts exactly.

if GT:HD reflects GT's general car simulation, than GT is inferiour to Forza2 in every way.
menduco76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 menduco76
Member since 2006 • 650 Posts
[QUOTE="cupNoodles"]

danneswegman

The bigger the game, the more the graphics will suffer.  Its easy to make ultrarealistic graphics and sound with one track one car.  I can guarantee everyone, that GT5 will look more or less like the FINAL finished product of Forza2.  Maybe it will look a little better...in in general terms they will be very comparable. 

It basically boils down to personal preference and which system you own.  If you own a PS3, you can be proud to own GT5...if you own an x360, you dont have to be ahsamed and you will have a good experience with it. 

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Yeah...see after playing Gran Turismo games, you don't want to play another racing game aside from Burnout.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 danneswegman
Yeah...see after playing Gran Turismo games, you don't want to play another racing game aside from Burnout.Flame_Blade88

yes, i understand... after getting used to these weird GT car physics, it's hard to get used to realistic car sims again.
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
I always found Gran Turismo to be stiff and repetitive. I guess I just like arcade racers better.
Mecamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mecamatt
Member since 2006 • 1337 Posts
Personally Forza is my favorite racing game of all time. I played the Forza 2 beta and practically gasm'd. I think your'e just an ignorant fanboy who enjoys bashing other consoles to make yourself feel better about yours. Either that or you just can't get into the whole "You actual have to go below 60 MPH to take a 110 degree turn" aspect. Gran Turismo is really no where near are realistic as Forza as much as I love GT. I mean in Forza the WIND SPEED of the track your playing on actually effects the speed and drift of the car you're driving.
unknowndrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 unknowndrk
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
dude I played Forza 2 on my 360 the other day and the graphics are pretty terrible. I expected a lot more. It just seemed like a cheap racer and I was really dissapointed with it. I think GT will blow it out of the water in my honest opinion. 
Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Educated_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1095 Posts
honestly, its a great game the only downside is that the graphics arent breathtaking- just slightly above average
bboycookie2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bboycookie2
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts
I like how all the GT fans talk about the graphics oh the graphics blah blah blah.Forza has good graphics and i can live with that.What i like about forza is all the little details that come into play.I really like the damage factor in Forza because now when you race online those people who suck at driving will always mess up their cars and maybe for once in their life learn what a true racing line is and also learn that in games friction does exist.
Deyee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Deyee
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts

Who wanted Forza 2 on the PS3 in the first place?

Just wait for GT5. I'll be playing Forza 2 in the meantime. 

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Rick_14
[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]Yeah...see after playing Gran Turismo games, you don't want to play another racing game aside from Burnout.danneswegman

yes, i understand... after getting used to these weird GT car physics, it's hard to get used to realistic car sims again.

[QUOTE="Absynthetic"]

[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]I've always found GT to be more realistic than Forza. In my opinion, everyone saying Forza's gameplay is more realistic probably just crashes a lot in GT and blames it on the "unrealistic physics".danneswegman

agreed. GT:HD is so unrealistic it makes me angry. and to think people believe this...... the car looks realistic, that;s all.

Dude, quit twisting everyone's posts to make it seem like they all agree with you.  Either that or learn how to read because it's one of those two things.  

Jeeceofx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jeeceofx
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts
[QUOTE="babystapler"]

[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]I've always found GT to be more realistic than Forza. In my opinion, everyone saying Forza's gameplay is more realistic probably just crashes a lot in GT and blames it on the "unrealistic physics".danneswegman

My thoughts exactly.

if GT:HD reflects GT's general car simulation, than GT is inferiour to Forza2 in every way.

Ok You are a fool and the most annoying person on this site. With that said everyone knows Forza is MS's wannabe Gran Turismo, and if you actually think for a minute that GT5 won't have multiple cars than perhaps you should go play one of the actual GT games instead of the free download.

bluegender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bluegender
Member since 2006 • 1145 Posts

smh @ the person who typed that in Rick's sig.... damn and wow ( people on here can't be that stupid ).

DoctorFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DoctorFunk
Member since 2002 • 18740 Posts

360 owner here. Trust me, save your money and wait for GT5, if you were thinking of getting a 360 just for FM2. Don't get me wrong, it'll be a fine game, but is it THE GT killer ? Hardly, imo. I guess you could find out for yourself, but I warned ya.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Rick_14

360 owner here. Trust me, save your money and wait for GT5, if you were thinking of getting a 360 just for FM2. Don't get me wrong, it'll be a fine game, but is it THE GT killer ? Hardly, imo. I guess you could find out for yourself, but I warned ya.

DoctorFunk

Sir, let me just say that we appreciate your unbiased opinion.  Thank you. 

grock900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 grock900
Member since 2003 • 58 Posts

cupNoodles

Desperate attempt to try and salvage the dissapointing ps3 lineup, i like GT series but I realize graphics aren't really that important when they're both amazing, plus happy waiting forever for it, u still got resistance i guess, i'm going to play the halo 3 beta this week

Teeth_Mummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Teeth_Mummy
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts

DoctorFunk
Troll. I love GT, but it needs car damage. Thats one thing I liked about Forza. If you wanna market your game as "The Real Driving Simulator", it needs realism. And in a real race, my car will not be shiny and new after I grind into the wall or nail it headfirst. I don't have a 360, don't plan on getting one, but Gran Turismo 5 needs to step it up. Forza 2 is pretty damn good.
DoctorFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DoctorFunk
[QUOTE="DoctorFunk"]

Teeth_Mummy

Troll. I love GT, but it needs car damage. Thats one thing I liked about Forza. If you wanna market your game as "The Real Driving Simulator", it needs realism. And in a real race, my car will not be shiny and new after I grind into the wall or nail it headfirst. I don't have a 360, don't plan on getting one, but Gran Turismo 5 needs to step it up. Forza 2 is pretty damn good.

Actually, you're probably the troll.

Big deal, no car damage. Try staying on the asphalt, it's not Burnout you know. GT5 isn't even out, so how do you know it won't step it up ? That's right, you don't. FM2 will be very good, but nothing exceptional that GT5 can't do. Or we haven't played the same demo.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Rick_14
[QUOTE="DoctorFunk"]

Teeth_Mummy

GT needs damage but that's all it needs IMO.  The problem is they really are overly anal about realism.  They've stated that they won't include damage unless it can realistically to their standards effect the performance of the car (not some little fake system for damage).  

With that said, I hope they do include that in GT5 because it would be the icing on the cake.  Even though I don't see damage too often, hitting the walls constantly usually won't help ya win any. 

DoctorFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DoctorFunk
[QUOTE="Teeth_Mummy"][QUOTE="DoctorFunk"]

The_Rick_14

GT needs damage but that's all it needs IMO. 

If people can't enjoy a driving sim because of the lack of damage, then that's a shame.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Rick_14
[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"][QUOTE="Teeth_Mummy"][QUOTE="DoctorFunk"]

DoctorFunk

If people can't enjoy a driving sim because of the lack of damage, then that's a shame.

Thanks for cropping my quote and removing the part about how I love the game since I can actually drive and not crash.  It doesn't stop me one bit from enjoying the game.  My point was if anything should be added or changed....damage is it. 

DoctorFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DoctorFunk

the gameplay is pretty much the sameSoul_to_Squeeze
What ?

Simple question : did you notice a significant difference between GT3 and 4 ? I seriously want to know if I'm the only one who actually notices progress in the series.

DoctorFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DoctorFunk
[QUOTE="DoctorFunk"][QUOTE="The_Rick_14"][QUOTE="Teeth_Mummy"][QUOTE="DoctorFunk"]

The_Rick_14

If people can't enjoy a driving sim because of the lack of damage, then that's a shame.

Thanks for cropping my quote and removing the part about how I love the game since I can actually drive and not crash.  It doesn't stop me one bit from enjoying the game.  My point was if anything should be added or changed....damage is it. 

I wasn't attacking your point, actually.
Teeth_Mummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Teeth_Mummy
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts
[QUOTE="Teeth_Mummy"][QUOTE="DoctorFunk"]

DoctorFunk

Actually, you're probably the troll.

Big deal, no car damage. Try staying on the asphalt, it's not Burnout you know. GT5 isn't even out, so how do you know it won't step it up ? That's right, you don't. FM2 will be very good, but nothing exceptional that GT5 can't do. Or we haven't played the same demo.

Try staying on the asphalt? Come on. I never said it won't step it up. I'm saying it has to. And that I want it to. Relax.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Rick_14
[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"][QUOTE="DoctorFunk"][QUOTE="The_Rick_14"][QUOTE="Teeth_Mummy"][QUOTE="DoctorFunk"]

DoctorFunk

Thanks for cropping my quote and removing the part about how I love the game since I can actually drive and not crash. It doesn't stop me one bit from enjoying the game. My point was if anything should be added or changed....damage is it.

I wasn't attacking your point, actually.

Well then I apologize for my rant. lol  It was hard to tell since you quoted that line of mine. 

bboycookie2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bboycookie2
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts

Forza 2 is going to be great.GT5 has a lot of time to take in what was good in Forza and what was not.So if given al this time to perfect GT5 you can expect more.Who knows Forza is a great game.I think putting damage in GT5 wont make it the best game ever but it would add to realism and also adding customization would also bring more goodness.I think the one thing about GT is the lack of creativity given the the players.Forza lets you buy your favorite car and paint it and design it how you want.And IMO i think thats what makes it better because it makes your cars more personal to you.Once again that realism because if you owned those cars in the real world you would want a kick butt paint scheme too.

unknowndrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 unknowndrk
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
ok heres my take on it. I own a 360 and a ps3 (and a wii but that doesnt apply here) and I played forza 2. It didn't seem to live up to all the hype but keep in mind this is just an opinion. If ur interested in the game simply try it out and we will have no problems. For me, choosing between spending my time into Forza and GT when it comes out is huge because I want to purchase the steering wheel and so I am gonna wait it out for GT for ps3 because in MY OPINION (I thought I would emphasize that) I think GT will be better. but if ur confused on which one to play just try it out or wait for GT. It's not the end of the world if you go out and try it, after all it's your entertainment not ours.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 danneswegman
[QUOTE="danneswegman"][QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]Yeah...see after playing Gran Turismo games, you don't want to play another racing game aside from Burnout.The_Rick_14

[QUOTE="Absynthetic"]

Dude, quit twisting everyone's posts to make it seem like they all agree with you.  Either that or learn how to read because it's one of those two things.  

YOU need to read. one of those two posts was an obvious joke
[QUOTE="danneswegman"][QUOTE="babystapler"]

[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]I've always found GT to be more realistic than Forza. In my opinion, everyone saying Forza's gameplay is more realistic probably just crashes a lot in GT and blames it on the "unrealistic physics".Jeeceofx

My thoughts exactly.

Ok You are a fool and the most annoying person on this site. With that said everyone knows Forza is MS's wannabe Gran Turismo, and if you actually think for a minute that GT5 won't have multiple cars than perhaps you should go play one of the actual GT games instead of the free download.

ofcourse it will have multiple cars.... never said it won't have them....  i just really think the car simulation in GT:HD is bad.. and i have a PS3.. so i want it to be good. but it isn't