Any Europeans importing games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts

I was wondering if any of you Europeans are importing games from NA or Asia? I know the games are region-free and they will be played on a HDTV (so PAL vs NTSC won't matter). What I do wonder is if the online portion is causing any problems for you with any of the games? Does the game recognize that you are playing from Europe so it goes to the European servers or does it treat you like a NA / Asian player?

I just want to check since I am about to send a few games home to my brother so we can play online. I also want to get him Top Spin 3 that is being released here on 5/14 (no European release date yet from what I have heard)

svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 svenskamerikan
bump
uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
As far as I know it's possible to play as an European gamer on American servers and vice versa.
svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 svenskamerikan
Well it is not - Motorstorm is regionally locked as example. So what would happen if I sent them a American copy of Motorstorm... - I don't know and was thinking someone was buying games across the pond
Serchant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Serchant
Member since 2006 • 785 Posts
I don't know, as far I know, I had a friend to imported Motorstorm and strangely it works! Anyway, I imported Warhawk and CoD4 and no problems.
I_AM_MEGATRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 I_AM_MEGATRON
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts
depends on the game. motorstorm is indeed region locked (that sucks) so if u want to play against americans u need the ntsc version of the game. but there also games with worldwide servers (resistance, warhawk)
Serchant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Serchant
Member since 2006 • 785 Posts
Yea, that totally sux, normally they should make every game on PS3 that comes out now region free.
svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 svenskamerikan

That

I don't know, as far I know, I had a friend to imported Motorstorm and strangely it works! Anyway, I imported Warhawk and CoD4 and no problems.Serchant

That is what I wanted to know - if the game caused any problems when it came to logging onto the "right" servers, but from your post I take it it didn't. You got motorstorm imported and played on European servers right? Same for warhawk and COD4 - that is all I wanted to know :)

3_Doors_Down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 3_Doors_Down
Member since 2004 • 1228 Posts
I'm in the EU and thinking about buying a US PS3 Motorstorm bundle. Will i have any problems? Need to be sure i can run the PS3 on a PAL HDTV LCD and find an power adapter that fits into Scandinavian outlets.
svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 svenskamerikan

Can't answer for sure. I know people in the US playing on asian ps3's. The one I often play with shows up with a japanese flag despite logging on in the US.... I will ask him if there are any other issues. I am sure some Europeans have done this before, so maybe my post works as a bumb :)

Other things to consider - some bluray's are region-free, but far from all so you will need to import those going forward. Also PAL dvd's cannot be played on the US PS3...

Where in Scandinavia?

3_Doors_Down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 3_Doors_Down
Member since 2004 • 1228 Posts
Sweden actually.