Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Not on PSNow but as a port or remastering of the incredible ps3 cult classic and in my opinion, one of the very best games of last generation. Should we start a petition or do you think Sony will drop this bombshell of an announcement due to the success of Bloodborne?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@Fairmonkey: 0.000000000000001% chance, they'll likely make a bloodborne sequel than a remaster.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

@GTR12: I enjoied demon souls quite a bit more so a remaster would be preferred. Bloodborne was great but it was a bit too streamlined for my taste

thehig3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thehig3
Member since 2016 • 8 Posts

I'd like a remaster of it on ps4, I'm new to the souls series and dont want to play it on ps3.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Loved it on the PS3, would be amazing to have it on the PS4.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Currently playing it on PS3 but a remaster would be cool.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#7 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

I wouldn't say there's no chance of it happening, but given that the distribution rights are split between three or four companies, it'd be a nightmare to work out the logistics of who would obtain publishing rights. For instance: Sony published it in Japan and owns the Demon's Souls IP, while Atlus and Bandai Namco published and localized it in North America and Europe respectively and still maintain the servers for those regions. If Sony decided to remaster the game, they'd likely have to work out a deal with them, which wouldn't be easy given how much prestige the Souls series carries these days.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#8 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

@c_rakestraw said:

I wouldn't say there's no chance of it happening, but given that the distribution rights are split between three or four companies, it'd be a nightmare to work out the logistics of who would obtain publishing rights. For instance: Sony published it in Japan and owns the Demon's Souls IP, while Atlus and Bandai Namco published and localized it in North America and Europe respectively and still maintain the servers for those regions. If Sony decided to remaster the game, they'd likely have to work out a deal with them, which wouldn't be easy given how much prestige the Souls series carries these days.

I agree, it would really take some insane dedication by these companies to get that remake out. I would love it, but I'm not holding my breathe.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

I still play it on ps3 despite how terribly this game aged. Having said that, it might be a good idea, but Sony REALLY needs to advertise and not just leave it to the gamers to talk about it or twich.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

@c_rakestraw: sucks that Sony didn't have faith in their own IP back then.