Another Final Fantasy 7 Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

halogamer2145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 halogamer2145
Member since 2009 • 161 Posts

Do you think there will be another Final Fantasy 7 game for the psp because I thought Crisis Core was the best game on the psp?

eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

um thers no more story line with FF7...and if there is well...then they are bleeding it to much its good to let sleeping dogs lie.....

GamingBoy2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3 GamingBoy2009
Member since 2005 • 1651 Posts

I doubt there are gonna be anymore because we already have Crisis Core, Before Crisis, Dirge of Cerberus and Advent Children. You cant get much more out of the FF7 story than those titles. Unless they want to go into the future with Cloud as a grandpa. Im still hoping for a FF7 remake on PS3 though. But I think there should be no more expanding on the story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
No. There's currently 4 Final Fantasy 7 games. -Before Crisis -Crisis Core -Final Fantasy 7 -Dirge of Cerebeus We do NOT need any more.
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
Not to mention a movie (AC)...where did you get this idea from?
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

I hope not, Crisis Core was pretty trash.

blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts

-Oath
Haha that was a funny one.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Oath

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

blabbyboy

Then you have a bad sense of humor.

CC had a very slow and boring battle system, a level up system that made no sense and a magic system thats nearly useless.

What was good about the game? Graphics and story, thats it... atleast IMO.

I like good RPGs, CC didnt fit that category.

ninja_where

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ninja_where
Member since 2008 • 2447 Posts

What RPGs do you like, good sir? I'm starting to doubt something here.

And I want the FF7 series to end with Cloud dying...that way, there's no point of continuing, yeah.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Oath

What RPGs do you like, good sir? I'm starting to doubt something here.

And I want the FF7 series to end with Cloud dying...that way, there's no point of continuing, yeah.

ninja_where

For one my favorite RPG series is Ys, one of the top 3 best RPG series in Japan. Doubt anyone here is familiar with it.

What is there to doubt may I ask?

Jon_To_The_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#11 Jon_To_The_C
Member since 2008 • 189 Posts

I could see another one happening, (not that it really should) but if they did make a new game, they'd probably try it on a different platform.

danny5329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 danny5329
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

[QUOTE="blabbyboy"][QUOTE="-Oath"]

-Oath

Then you have a bad sense of humor.

CC had a very slow and boring battle system, a level up system that made no sense and a magic system thats nearly useless.

What was good about the game? Graphics and story, thats it... atleast IMO.

I agree.

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 pooyanh
Member since 2005 • 937 Posts
Crisis Core was great but we don't need another FFVII game, specially without Zack :D As for Crisis Core being the best PSP game, yes it is. For me at least. 'cause all I care about is the story and it was at its best in Crisis Core. Battle system is quite ok and there are fun factors like Materia Fusion to make things even better. Anyway, if you liked Crisis Core, I guess you'll like Final Fantasy Agito XIII as well. It's not released yet. Dunno if they'll ever release it -.-
double_heist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 double_heist
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts
[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]No. There's currently 4 Final Fantasy 7 games. -Before Crisis -Crisis Core -Final Fantasy 7 -Dirge of Cerebeus We do NOT need any more.

if you include FFVII: Advent Children, we technically have 5 FFVIIs. FFVII is over milked already. :| If they don't stop milking it, we would probably see something like "Sephiroth: The Other Side of FFVII" or "FFVII-2: The adventures of Aeris, Tifa, and Yuffie" or even "FFVII Red XIII Racing"
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

blabbyboy

Besides most of the characters and story the game was pretty lame. Any ays as for the topic I think Square should let Final Fantasy 7 die now.

Avatar image for DarkBloodPrince
DarkBloodPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DarkBloodPrince
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]No. There's currently 4 Final Fantasy 7 games. -Before Crisis -Crisis Core -Final Fantasy 7 -Dirge of Cerebeus We do NOT need any more.double_heist
if you include FFVII: Advent Children, we technically have 5 FFVIIs. FFVII is over milked already. :| If they don't stop milking it, we would probably see something like "Sephiroth: The Other Side of FFVII" or "FFVII-2: The adventures of Aeris, Tifa, and Yuffie" or even "FFVII Red XIII Racing"

i wouldn't mind playing as Sephiroth:P but seriously if the do ever make a ff7 game it better be a remake but sadly that will never happen:cry:

will at least i download the original

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tjoeb123
[QUOTE="double_heist"][QUOTE="siLVURcross"]No. There's currently 4 Final Fantasy 7 games. -Before Crisis -Crisis Core -Final Fantasy 7 -Dirge of Cerebeus We do NOT need any more.

I think they're doing something similar for Kingdom Hearts.
pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 pikastar
Member since 2006 • 3405 Posts

The "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII" isnt over yet. Nomura said in an interview in Famitsu that he already has ideas for the next product in the compilation. We will have to wait a bit to see anything since he busy with other games at the moment.

I would have to guess that whatever it is will be after Dirge of Cerberus because they will probably want to do something with Genesis. Whether Cloud will be the main character is the question. I guess it would depend on how far after DoC the game would take place. With the added focus on Denzel following in Cloud's footsteps in Advent Children Complete, I wouldnt be surprised if they try to make him the main character. Of course the game would have to take place once he was a bit older than he was in the movie.

Avatar image for Dragonspear2462
Dragonspear2462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dragonspear2462
Member since 2007 • 384 Posts

Remake is possible but new story??? No....

Quezacotl2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Quezacotl2468
Member since 2004 • 49 Posts

from what I hear of Dissidia, when you play as characters in story mode you actually proceed through a re-factored version of their original game up to the point when they become involved in the Dissidia storyline. I would imagine that playing as either Cloud or Sephiroth will essentially be like playing another Final Fantasy 7 spin-off, although obviously not considered a part of the compilation.

Avatar image for DarkBloodPrince
DarkBloodPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarkBloodPrince
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts

come to think of it they might make a new one because of genesis in the end of Dirge of Cerberus or one where Sephiroth return because he will never be just a memory

robinkurosaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 robinkurosaki
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

personally i would like them to milk ff7 for all its worth, i love the game and every spin off, however one point i will make i want serious ones, not gimmicky childish ones. one point i will make is why have they not decided to do summat with ff8 because that was an awesome game

drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#23 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts
To each his own, whether you like certain RPGs or not. I'm one of those guys who absolutely treasures FF7. I have AC and CC, too. I wouldn't want the FF7 series to be milked to the extreme that we're seeing with stuff like Mario Party and Guitar Hero, but I'd be all for a remake and I'd be all for more, if it was quality.
Daniel72296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24 Daniel72296
Member since 2009 • 1930 Posts
I agree with everything you said, but I treasure FF7 completely. Best RPG ever made :D
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tjoeb123
To each his own, whether you like certain RPGs or not. I'm one of those guys who absolutely treasures FF7. I have AC and CC, too. I wouldn't want the FF7 series to be milked to the extreme that we're seeing with stuff like Mario Party and Guitar Hero, but I'd be all for a remake and I'd be all for more, if it was quality.drummer131
Same here, but if they do a remake for real, I hope it'll be playable on PSP. Neither of which, however, is probably gonna happen.
Avatar image for DarthVillainous
DarthVillainous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 DarthVillainous
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts

Personally, I'd love for them to first remake FF7 on 360 and PS3, and then do a proper sequel FF7-2. I think one or both of these will eventually happen, though it could take 20 years. It's simply too much of a potential cash cow for Square Enix to ignore.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

Actually....WE DO need another FF7 game. It's better than most crap out now and they still didn't clear up Genesis's story. So yea... get over it.

EdwinDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EdwinDS
Member since 2009 • 562 Posts
i personally would like to see a remake because it was my favorite game of the game but if they continue the story thats too much focus on making a newer better final fantasy
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Oath

Actually....WE DO need another FF7 game.

CoreoVII

No we dont, the games been milked enough. Its getting old.

JadeTorchwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#30 JadeTorchwood
Member since 2009 • 874 Posts

Crisis Core was one of the best PSP games I've played so far & I think there are enough FF7 related stuff already. I think they should stop at Crisis Core & the FF7 remake.