Am i the only one who has ZERO hype for God of War 3?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Twilight73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Twilight73
Member since 2010 • 59 Posts
Seriously, i just don't feel excited by the game at all and im thinking about skipping it in march for GTA:EILC. Am i the only one who just doesn't feel excited what so ever about it coming out? im more of a Heavy Rain/FFXIII/GTA guy than a GoW/DI guy. I guess i always preferred DMC/Bayonetta gameplay over GoW's.
maxx1458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 maxx1458
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

Yes, yes you are.

cebcubs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cebcubs1
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts

Actually, he's not. I, too, have about 0 excitement about this game. I played GOW:COO on PSP and enjoyed it, but I think the games are better suited to psp. I got the GOW collection b/c I never played them on PS2, and so far, I don't see the big fuss. It just seems like these games are hack n' slash, puzzles, and quick-time events. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that, I just personally am not enjoying it all that much on the PS3. I think those kind of games are better suited for PSP. Again, this is all my OPINION, I'm sure the game will be a huge hit and people will like it a lot, I just don't think I'll be one of them.

zaibutzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4 zaibutzu
Member since 2004 • 1276 Posts
OMG GOW3 BEST Game EVER!!! Most Hyped up for it, CAN't WAIT!!!!.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
no, no he's not..i couldnt care less for this game aswell..
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#6 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Your not alone, I will end up getting it sometime, but its not day 1 for me.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I played the first one and it was a very good game, but I dunno. Just not terribly hyped about the new one. I guess I'm getting more interested inother genres these days.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
You're not the only one but you're definitely in a very small minority.
Hamitay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 Hamitay
Member since 2008 • 733 Posts

No, you are not. My hype for this game is 0, like my hype with Bayonetta, Darksiders and Dante's Inferno. I think that Button Mashers are too shallow...

romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts

I'm worried about the game being too linear.

Reemer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Reemer99
Member since 2009 • 875 Posts

Right now I'm too hyped about BFBC2 to even care about GOW III but I will eventually get it. I may use this weekend to play through the GOW collection to peak my interest.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Your not alone. I'm not interested at all, to be frank. There's even games I would rather rent then that one....
adogg3341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 adogg3341
Member since 2004 • 272 Posts

wow thats alot more people then i origianally fathomed. I'm hyped about it just finished GOW 1 of the collection now working on two. already i cant wait for 3

Twilight73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Twilight73
Member since 2010 • 59 Posts

Actually, he's not. I, too, have about 0 excitement about this game. I played GOW:COO on PSP and enjoyed it, but I think the games are better suited to psp. I got the GOW collection b/c I never played them on PS2, and so far, I don't see the big fuss. It just seems like these games are hack n' slash, puzzles, and quick-time events. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that, I just personally am not enjoying it all that much on the PS3. I think those kind of games are better suited for PSP. Again, this is all my OPINION, I'm sure the game will be a huge hit and people will like it a lot, I just don't think I'll be one of them.

cebcubs1
I feel exactly the same way, GoW:CoO was great. i had huge fun with it but GoW1 and 2 just didn't click for me.

Your not alone, I will end up getting it sometime, but its not day 1 for me.

kozzy1234
Yeah, it's just doesn't really feel as a 'must have' for me like most Exclusives.
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts

Yes you are. PS3 GOTY.

maxx1458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 maxx1458
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

No, you are not. My hype for this game is 0, like my hype with Bayonetta, Darksiders and Dante's Inferno. I think that Button Mashers are too shallow...

Hamitay

Bayonetta is not a button masher, go play the game and try to mindlessly smash buttons and youll die every 10 feet.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

me too. Not hyped.....yet. I haven't played the first two. I will eventually.

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

dont worry, i am with you.

Caprellid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Caprellid
Member since 2008 • 249 Posts

not hyped at all...

Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Im not too hyped about it, I havent played any GoW games.
Hamitay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hamitay

[QUOTE="Hamitay"]

maxx1458

Bayonetta is not a button masher, go play the game and try to mindlessly smash buttons and youll die every 10 feet.

ok, I will remake my sentence:

No, you are not. My hype for this game is 0, like my hype with Bayonetta, Darksiders and Dante's Inferno. I think that "games that you press buttons many times and on differents combination to kill many enemies during the entire game"are too shallow...

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

ok, I will remake my sentence:

No, you are not. My hype for this game is 0, like my hype with Bayonetta, Darksiders and Dante's Inferno. I think that "games that you press buttons many times and on differents combination to kill many enemies during the entire game"are too shallow...Hamitay

That's the majority of games since the beginning of the industry.

Hamitay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hamitay

[QUOTE="Hamitay"]ok, I will remake my sentence:

No, you are not. My hype for this game is 0, like my hype with Bayonetta, Darksiders and Dante's Inferno. I think that "games that you press buttons many times and on differents combination to kill many enemies during the entire game"are too shallow...emitsu97

My god can't I have my opinion?:cry:

I just don't like games like GOW and Bayonetta.

sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sturshel
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

Hamitay

High Five!

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
I'm hyped. Never played on PS2. Was never a fan of the genre (never liked Devil May Cry, found Castlevania releases on PS2 lacking, not interested in Bayonetta, not interested in Dante's Inferno, etc). I bought the God of War Collection on a whim and loved both games enough to immediately pre-order GOW:III. This isn't just a "button masher". It is the KING of the beat 'em up genre. Also good luck if you think you can "button mash" on anything but easy difficulty. You need to use all actions (block, evade, magic) to beat the game even on normal difficulty. Nevermind the puzzling elements scattered across the levels. I did like the 1st quite a bit more than the 2nd so had some concerns that the 3rd would devolve further away (particularly with the story getting more nonsensical). But with the resources of being on the PS3 this game could be a GOTY candidate if true to form (the clips of this game are unbelievably exciting for anyone that enjoyed the 1st two games).
Sith_Fisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 Sith_Fisto
Member since 2005 • 11074 Posts

First game: brilliant. Second game: Crap. Don't see how the third one could lift the series back to what it was (a well made hack n slash with an actual plot), so no, not interested. I'm sorry, but when I've wasted almost 10 hours of my life with a game that gets a plot during the last 30 minutes and then kicks me in the face with a cliffhanger I tend to get a little angry with the developers :roll:

Reemer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Reemer99
Member since 2009 • 875 Posts

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]

No, you are not. My hype for this game is 0, like my hype with Bayonetta, Darksiders and Dante's Inferno. I think that "games that you press buttons many times and on differents combination to kill many enemies during the entire game"are too shallow...Hamitay

No you can't , you must bow down to GOW III.......... meh. Hack and Slash is kinda meh, GOW is the only that I would consider.

gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts

maybe i know im excited

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

I haven't played any GOW games....so..no I'm not really holding my breath for it.

Looked at a couple of trailers for it though...doesn't look like anything special.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#31 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Nope. I have no interest in the game either. It'll most likely be a good game, but it shall be a good game that I don't play.

Swavo69420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Swavo69420
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts
If you haven't played and beaten GOW and GOW2 then I can understand why alot of people would have alittle to zero interest in the 3rd installment... I on the other hand have played and beaten both multiple times and can't wait to get my hands on GOW3... To those that haven't played and beaten either or don't plan on playing this one, IMO are missing out on a truely great exclusive... GOW really is the King of the Hack and Slash genre...
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

im not really hyped for it, ive never played any of the other ones and im not the biggest fan of hack n' slash/button masher games

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

I'm not really hyping it either. I'm worried that the game isn't going to deliver (content wise).

brotherreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 brotherreese
Member since 2003 • 1049 Posts

I have never been a big GoW fan. I have never been a fan of FPS games either.

brotherreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 brotherreese
Member since 2003 • 1049 Posts
If you haven't played and beaten GOW and GOW2 then I can understand why alot of people would have alittle to zero interest in the 3rd installment... I on the other hand have played and beaten both multiple times and can't wait to get my hands on GOW3... To those that haven't played and beaten either or don't plan on playing this one, IMO are missing out on a truely great exclusive... GOW really is the King of the Hack and Slash genre...Swavo69420
No. That honor belongs to the Diablo series.
KylethePeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KylethePeon
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Twilight73"]Seriously, i just don't feel excited by the game at all and im thinking about skipping it in march for GTA:EILC. Am i the only one who just doesn't feel excited what so ever about it coming out? im more of a Heavy Rain/FFXIII/GTA guy than a GoW/DI guy. I guess i always preferred DMC/Bayonetta gameplay over GoW's.

I agree with you there. I've played the collection and it's combat style just isn't for me. I mean, it'll still probably be a very good representation of the Action-gaming genre in general, but sometimes, no matter how praised something is, it just doesn't click with people who aren't overly enthusiastic about that sort of thing.
Avatar image for Too_tight_shoes
Too_tight_shoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Too_tight_shoes
Member since 2009 • 2486 Posts
Im going to be honest here and say that Im not a fan of the genre and haven't owned a copy of any God of War game, if a demo's is released maybe it may have something that could pull me into it but as of now everything I see from gameplay footage I have a hard time figuring out why its considered "better" than any other game in the same genre and the same goes for every game in that genre. Maybe I shouldn't have posted anything but I don't its a topic on a forum on a game/genre that Im on the fence about so why not.
Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
I don't have any hype for GOW3 either. Honestly, the game is going to be the same as the others with better graphics and new animations for killing something. That doesn't mean its not going to be a good game, it just means I feel like I have a good idea what the 3rd one is going to be like, and I feel like I've already experienced that type of game enough to not go through it all over again.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

I haven't played any GOW games....so..no I'm not really holding my breath for it.

Looked at a couple of trailers for it though...doesn't look like anything special.

J-Man725
You should try them. GOW is a great series and arguably the best action game out there. I'm excited for GOW III, can't wait! Going to go get me a GOW Slurpee right now :)
Superzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#41 Superzone
Member since 2004 • 3733 Posts

I recently bought and played the first two GoW games for the first time, and honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. They're definitely fun, but I don't understand the insane praise surrounding them. I'll get GoW III, but I'm not peeing myself over it. They're good games, but I wouldn't call them any more than that. There are much more exciting games coming out this year.

iDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 iDivine
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

GoW raised the bar.

GoWII had only slightly improved graphics a few new more animations, but its gameplay was basically the same and the plot.. could've been improved.

I probably will buy GoWIII on launch week but I'm getting a feeling it's not going to satisfy me plot wise and new gameplay improvements. As well this is the reason why I'm not getting on the hype train.

Also I just want to say standards in games have changed from then to now; GoW did raise the bar but because more games now a day have reached and may even have surpassed that level makes "III" looking outdated.. or should I say dated

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

I will buy God of war 3 simply because after beating GoW1 and 2, I have enjoyed these games immensly and since I am a fan of Greek mythology, I certainly enjoy the universe despite not being accurate. I will be buying God of war 3 first day.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

No, I never really cared for the series either.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#45 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

Hamitay
lol @ Your research skills. Your pre-assumptions are as good as most gamers' though! Anyway, my hype for God of War 3 is just like my hype for broken bones. I don't look forward to ever seeing it.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Symphonycometh

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]

You're free to have "an opinion", but if the justification/logic behind it isn't valid or filled with contradiction, it's going to be called out and discredited on Gamespot. For example, if I just went ahead and blindly said Street Fighter sucks and that's that because it's my opinion, I would WANT you guys to call me out on an opinion with no real backing. That is, if I already didn't admit that my mind isn't expansive enough to appreciate the game/genre.
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
I don't really care for it... i've never really seen what the big fuss with the GOW series is...
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

Im excited for GOWIII. I enjoyed the first two very much. Sadly though I won't be getting around to it in till after I complete FFXIII which could take awhile.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I don't really care for God of War. The games did nothing for me when I played them. I also can't stand Kratos. I think I just don't like angry men in my video games.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Symphonycometh

I don't really care for God of War. The games did nothing for me when I played them. I also can't stand Kratos. I think I just don't like angry men in my video games.

yokofox33
I've never been so annoyed at a main character within a 5 minute time frame before Kratos came into the picture. It's not even a "persona" thing, his personality just bugs the crap out of me. Top that off with gameplay choices like Quick Time Events being essential and we have a good reason for me to disregard this game from ever hitting my wishlist.