Am I the only one who doesn't like Ratchet and Clank 2016?

Avatar image for covenantofdemos
covenantofdemos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 covenantofdemos
Member since 2016 • 31 Posts

I seriously feel like I'm alone here. The games on PS2 offered more, had more unique weapons per game and didn't mess with their stories, or the ones of previous entries, in ways that confound me. Good example, if the game is Qwark's take on the original PS2 title, why is he adding people? Why is he putting guns that didn't exist or weren't used at the time?
Then there's the rewards for stuff, most of which are let downs. Like there are no skins, just heads and armor recolors, and the heads look stupid in a way that's funny for about a minute and then that "Humor" dies. Because they are billed as "Masks" But there are no ear holes for our hero, who has great big cat ears. There's no multiplayer, which, fair enough, not every game needs it, but you have potential there with all the stuff the series built up, you could call it "DreadZone" Or "Annihilation nation" which comes across as a decent idea to me because that stupid card system and the background characters in the campaign are just basically "Remember when we had this stuff? Wasn't that awesome?" so why the heck not?

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but I feel like I'm the only person who sees these problems. Might just be because I'm a die hard fan, but this game was, at best a let down, at worst, bad, if you ask me, someone who grew up playing the games. I can name all the arena bosses, I can sum up most of the games pretty quickly. (Exceptions to the mobile ones and Full Frontal Assault)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

I haven't played enough of it honestly, got my copy and did the starting area then stopped. I liked what I played as a fan of ToD but seeing as I haven't played any-other R&C game my opinion is limited to two games.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#3 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

I thought the gameplay was fun and I liked how Quark was telling the story. Technically it's one of the best games I've ever played and it had great gameplay that was also smooth. It's a AAA quality game all around.

The only thing I didn't like was how short it was and thought it could benefit from an arena or horde mode. New Game Plus is nice though.

Remember it only cost $40 new. If I had payed $60 I really would have been peeved at how short it was.

NingYupOwaDat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 NingYupOwaDat
Member since 2016 • 182 Posts

I like it a lot. But i definitely feel that it is a huge step back from a crack in time and nowhere near as good as 2 and 3 which are still my favourites.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I did like it more than the Ps3 games

covenantofdemos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By covenantofdemos

@Star67: I spent 40 dollars and felt jipped. the game only has three original guns if you count the new RYNO, the narrator in Stories: Path of destinies, has more and funnier things to say, the rewards are trash, and they just didn't put too much work into it.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@covenantofdemos: Everyone has different tastes. I hadn't played a Rachet and Clank game since the first one on ps3, I didn't play all those others, and to me it felt refreshing. Now if you are a seasoned Rachet and Clank player and have played every game in the series including the HD remake of the first two on ps3....then yeah you would probably feel jipped.

But in a time where every popular game out there is a COD clone I welcome any AAA developer releasing something......that's not COD haha

covenantofdemos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 covenantofdemos

@Star67: fair enough I suppose. I wish more peeps knew about the whole shabang... But I'm just venting now.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#11 Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

I liked the PS2 games but never got around playing the PS3 versions (I guess, I was "too cool" at the time for such a "child" game). Now that I matured, I really, really enjoy the reboot. It is my favorite game of 2016. Finished it 3 or 4 times and still pop it in.

I recently played R&C2 on Vita but don't like the gameplay at all after being spoiled by R&C on the PS4.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

I played and finished R&C reboot a few months ago, extending my playthrough gathering the RYNO cards_

It's a pretty fun, polished game. Till you encounter the final boss, jeez the camera work and gameplay for that is a chore. You can tell the ending was rushed_