After UMvsC 3 and STvsT, what are the future plans of Capcom for Vita?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DeviIHuman
Member since 2012 • 212 Posts

I did some research on Capcom game titles for Vita and the only working titles is Lost Planet 2 which is TBA on Japan, then most of the games are all Nintendo [3DS and WiiU]. Does it mean they will lessen their production on Vita? I want to know why Capcom ignored Vita, I have been used to play Capcom titles for almost 10 years.

I want Monster Hunter 4!! I've waited for it on Vita. Why it was scheduled on 3DS first? Then there's still no Resident Evil titles on Vita.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#2 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Hopefully the next step is starting to give players what's on the game card... I don't care much for being loyal to any developer, especially one as massive as Capcom, and especially when Capcom likes to screw over its customers the way it does. Not that I wouldn't buy a new Monster Hunter...
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#3 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I am hoping they do an RE exclusive that's as good as RE: Revelations on 3DS. I have no clue what they actually will do though.

The_King82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_King82
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts

I'm pretty sure a Monster Hunter game will come. Maybe they'll bring Lost Planet EX Troopers over but for the time being Capcom said they have no plans of releasing it outside of Japan.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Granpire
I'm not so sure about Monster Hunter... It was at the NGP announcement, but since then there's no sign of a MH on Vita. Even the original demonstration was only a port of MHP3, not MH4. Also, in an IGN review, Ryozo Tsujimoto said this: The series did start out on Sony platforms, but its just realistic to think that it cant continue on one platform forever, Tsujimoto continued. With Monster Hunter 4, it actually just came down to timing we were developing a new Monster Hunter and the 3DS hardware had just come out, so we figured it was probably the best platform for us to develop it on. You have two screens, with action on top and menus on the bottom, and theres the 3D view as well. It just made sense to put it onto 3DS. It seems a strange way to explain this... It's possible they accepted payment to make MH a Nintendo-exclusive?
DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DeviIHuman

Its not being loyal to that big company its just their develop games are pretty good and I was just playing it. Especially Devil May Cry

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I think the future of Capcom on the Vita is pretty much what you said in the title. Cross-over fighting games. >>

DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DeviIHuman

I've heard Seth Keilly a former employee of Capcom who joined street fighter IV now moved to SCEA. I think this is one of the reasons why they publish the MH first on Nintendo instead of Sony.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Granpire
So you think that because a single employee switched over to Sony Capcom said, "Hold your horses! Seth is on Sony's side! Lets give Sony a real blow and delay Monster Hunter on the Vita!" Do you realize what a ridiculous proposition that is?
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
[QUOTE="Granpire"]Hopefully the next step is starting to give players what's on the game card... I don't care much for being loyal to any developer, especially one as massive as Capcom, and especially when Capcom likes to screw over its customers the way it does. Not that I wouldn't buy a new Monster Hunter...

sharp little comment ;)
DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DeviIHuman

It was just my suspicion lol don't take it seriously. As a Monster Hunter fan on PSP, I brought Vita so I can see the improvement of MH on Vita. But then it was first published on 3DS. You cannot blame me if you're a type of person who's anticipate to such a game. That's why I don't want to get disappointed and it's time for me to move on to another game. Sorry Grandpire I am just a MH fan

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Granpire
Monster Hunter is one of favorite games of all time, and I'm probably just as excited at the possibility as you are. But Seth Killian had no associations with Monster Hunter. I'm not attacking your enthusiasm, I'm merely pointing out what a silly situation you're suggesting.
DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DeviIHuman

It's not just MH as he left but every Capcom game. That's why my post is after the two titles what's next.
Yeah I would be glad if monster hunter is included as a fan of that game.
But other titles like a DMC and RE might be good too in Vita right.

Right now hoping for more release of Xseed but Capcom >.<

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Granpire
Regardless, publicly-traded businesses don't hold personal grudges that way, even if Killian's departure had been angry or in bad faith (it wasn't, as far as we know). There are some good reasons why Capcom shouldn't support the Vita from their perspective. This isn't one of them.
DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DeviIHuman

Ok :) well anyway there are lots of games that should be looked forward lol. I don't have grudge to Capcom just disappointed since I used to play the games on PS1,PSP,PS2,PS3 then now Vita.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

First off, you cannot assume that just because a developer supported a hardware developer in the past that it will continue to do so in the future. Vita has only reached 3 million worldwide. The 3DS has sold around 20 million units. The 3DS userbase is seven times bigger than Vita's. This happens in all generations. If there is not a userbase for a platform, then it will not be supported. The only game in the pipeline for Vita is some kind Mega Man game. Capcom just said that it wants to bring Mega Man to both handhelds and consoles.

shinigami-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shinigami-uk
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts
Apart from the PSone, Capcom seems to dislike working with Sony. They pretty much prefer to release games on another console. Only reason PS2 eventually got some love from capcom was because the DC and GC flopped.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Granpire
That's not entirely true... If they "dislike working with Sony", then why did they go to the trouble to release the Portable versions of Monster hunter as PSP-exclusives?
shinigami-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shinigami-uk
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts
That's not entirely true... If they "dislike working with Sony", then why did they go to the trouble to release the Portable versions of Monster hunter as PSP-exclusives?Granpire
hm... not sure about that one... but you do understand where I am coming from right? Just strange how Capcom could have stuck with PS exclusives and carry on that success but they moved onto N64 and DC before deciding that PS2 was better, than went to GC and then decided that PS2 was still better.
DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DeviIHuman

Back then PS2 was so great the first appearance of MH was on PS2 then the PSP. Then they only have few MH titles in Nintendo or Wii now the first appearance of MH was on 3DS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
[QUOTE="shinigami-uk"]hm... not sure about that one... but you do understand where I am coming from right? Just strange how Capcom could have stuck with PS exclusives and carry on that success but they moved onto N64 and DC before deciding that PS2 was better, than went to GC and then decided that PS2 was still better.

Capcom hasn't been too loyal over the years. They weren't loyal to Nintendo, either. When the Gamecube wasn't doing that well, Capcom decided to release the once-exclusive Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil 4 on the PS2 since it was more popular. Early in the 360's life cycle, Capcom was also supporting that system with exclusives such as Lost Planet and Dead Rising. Which are no longer exclusive, to my knowledge. If the Vita finally gains some popularity in coming years, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom decided to release the 3DS MH game for the Vita, or turned their attention to the system for a little while. They usually go where they think they might make more money.
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

Tekken X Street Fighter.

And it'll be better, much better.

DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DeviIHuman

[QUOTE="Ovirew"][QUOTE="shinigami-uk"]hm... not sure about that one... but you do understand where I am coming from right? Just strange how Capcom could have stuck with PS exclusives and carry on that success but they moved onto N64 and DC before deciding that PS2 was better, than went to GC and then decided that PS2 was still better.[/QUOTE]Capcom hasn't been too loyal over the years. They weren't loyal to Nintendo, either. When the Gamecube wasn't doing that well, Capcom decided to release the once-exclusive Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil 4 on the PS2 since it was more popular. Early in the 360's life cycle, Capcom was also supporting that system with exclusives such as Lost Planet and Dead Rising. Which are no longer exclusive, to my knowledge. If the Vita finally gains some popularity in coming years, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom decided to release the 3DS MH game for the Vita, or turned their attention to the system for a little while. They usually go where they think they might make more money.

I see you have a point, they might be after the trend.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Granpire
Ovirew is right. Capcom goes, and has always gone, where the money is. They do launch titles, but they don't seem to do much beyond that, unless the sales pick up. It is a shame, though, that Monster Hunter is the driving force behind so many unit sales, and Capcom's not doing anything.
DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DeviIHuman

They should also make Monster Hunter on Vita lol

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I would like if Capcom supports PSV with a couple exclusives however I wouldnt mind multiplats for MH, DMC & LP...

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Maybe they feel some sort of discouragement with the Vita. Sony hasn't done much help at all.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
Mega Man. Or really, just Capcom being Capcom.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Granpire
There has to be some payment from Nintendo involved. I'm sure Capcom could do multiplat Monster Hunter fairly inexpensively, so there's got to be some external motivation for being exclusive.
DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DeviIHuman

I would like if Capcom supports PSV with a couple exclusives however I wouldnt mind multiplats for MH, DMC & LP...

Malta_1980

That's what I've been anticipated lol